154 Likes
19.3 K Views
Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1999

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Posted by: @gator

Looking like the perfect night to sit back a watch two high school hockey games on BSN.

Edina Holiday Classic:

Eden Prairie vs. Elk River @ 6pm

Grand Rapids vs. Edina @ 8:30

Great chance to watch Gopher commit Teddy Townsend as well as stud underclassman Mason Moe (no relation) on EP as well as Jackson Nevers on Edina. 

Good call. So far Townsend has 1G 2A and Moe has 2G 1A. They've just been setting each other up for goals.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7427

Posted by: @chill-kessel

Looking like the perfect night to sit back a watch two high school hockey games on BSN.

Edina Holiday Classic:

Eden Prairie vs. Elk River @ 6pm

Grand Rapids vs. Edina @ 8:30

Great chance to watch Gopher commit Teddy Townsend as well as stud underclassman Mason Moe (no relation) on EP as well as Jackson Nevers on Edina. 

Good call. So far Townsend has 1G 2A and Moe has 2G 1A. They've just been setting each other up for goals.

Seems like if we want Moe (which we probably do) we’ll probably get him based on past Eden Prairie history. Only outliers Blake (dad went to UND) and Kristo. Weird how pricks magnetize to UND. 

Anyways Moe is eligible to commit August 1st I bet we’ll be in his ear that night. Bob can start talking to him Jan. 1

gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 745

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6987
Post on old board: 18942

I realize I may not be able to watch, but are there any sources for free streams this year? I know some of the schools offered them up not too long ago but I haven't had luck finding any this season.

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2567
Post on old board: 7833
Topic starter  

Posted by: @slap-shot

I realize I may not be able to watch, but are there any sources for free streams this year? I know some of the schools offered them up not too long ago but I haven't had luck finding any this season.

You might try The Rink Live. Scroll down and they have links for both boy’s and girl’s games

Slap Shot reacted
Orion
(@orion)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 752

I know Tonka streams their games on this service.

Edit: sorry I missed the free part.  This is a paid stream that they have been pushing the last couple of years

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Yeah thanks - I had that one but did notice the fee.  If I lived in the US I would probably do it because I'd watch more games.  But with the time zone difference it's not always convenient for me to watch. 

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5634
Post on old board: 16243

Minnesota Hockey Arenas, Ranked | KFAN FM 100.3 | The Halvy Blog (iheart.com)

Interesting list... 

Keep your stick on the ice...

Doc Holliday
(@doc-holliday)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 120

Seems like if we want Moe (which we probably do) we’ll probably get him based on past Eden Prairie history. Only outliers Blake (dad went to UND) and Kristo. Weird how pricks magnetize to UND. 

Anyways Moe is eligible to commit August 1st I bet we’ll be in his ear that night. Bob can start talking to him Jan. 1 

Moe's grandfather is Tom Moe, former AD & athlete. His uncle & aunt are former U athletes. He's cousins with Carter Coughlin & Cole Kraemer.  

Doc Holliday
(@doc-holliday)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 120

Interesting list... 

Either he's trying to be funny, snarky, or he's drunk.  I'm good with IRA being #1 as objectively it would be in most people's top-5, but after that.....complete idiocy.  

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5165

How many on there don’t exist? Columbia and Cook jumped out at me right away, being from up that way. 

Orion
(@orion)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 752

Posted by: @doc-holliday

Interesting list... 

Either he's trying to be funny, snarky, or he's drunk.  I'm good with IRA being #1 as objectively it would be in most people's top-5, but after that.....complete idiocy.  

That's being kind.  Normally these things can at least be argued away but this one is obvious he hasn't been to some of these.

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Topic starter  

Interesting list... 

It would be interesting to know his criteria.

A few of my favorites picked mostly for comfort, sight lines, adequate seating and I’m a bit of a sucker for tradition.

The mini-Ralph in Thief River Falls, the big barn in Hibbing, Braemar, Grand Rapids, Aldrich, the Heritage rink in Duluth and maybe the new rink in Elk River. Didn’t give this a lot of thought, if I did it tomorrow it would probably be quite different.

One of the few good points about being a senior is cheaper tickets most places. Shout out to the ones I’ve come across where seniors are free: Andover (very nice facility) and Fogerty in Blaine. Was at another rink earlier this season that was free to seniors but in a downside to being a senior I can’t remember which rink it was ? I should include Shattuck in this, but they are free for everyone.

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @doc-holliday

Moe's grandfather is Tom Moe, former AD & athlete. His uncle & aunt are former U athletes. He's cousins with Carter Coughlin & Cole Kraemer.  

frontpage chances GIF

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

I don't see Mariucci on the list, unless I'm missing it. And if it's off the list, but Ridder and the "X" are???

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Topic starter  

Seeing the Hippodrome in White Bear on that list reminds me of my days working at the Coliseum at the Fair Grounds. Two or three times every year a group would show up thinking they had ice time when they were supposed to be at the White Bear Hipp. Some didn’t even know the White Bear rink existed.

skiier32
(@skiier32)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 136

Interesting list... 

Counted it up and I have been to at least 82 on that list.  Don't necessarily agree with the rankings, but as with all list, it is subjective.  

gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @skiier32

Counted it up and I have been to at least 82 on that list.  Don't necessarily agree with the rankings, but as with all list, it is subjective.  

My count was well over 30 for sure. Some I couldn't remember for sure. 

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Topic starter  

I think it’s 85 for me.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7239
Post on old board: 10120

I don't see Mariucci on the list, unless I'm missing it. And if it's off the list, but Ridder and the "X" are???

Yeah, no Mariucci but the concrete center and target center made the list?  I call bullshit.

gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

@cowgirl 

Even the old DECC made the list.

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1211
Post on old board: 6912

My count is around 100 of the 144 listed.

gator reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

It’s a joke list guys

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

It’s a joke list guys

Must be more to the story off the radio show. 

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Putting Pagel ahead of Minnetonka Ice Arena is a no for me.  Pagel is more modern but MIA has charm. 

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3927
Post on old board: 12555

It’s a joke list guys

It has to be a joke.  East Bethel is 31 and it is one of the shittiest rinks in the state.  It is a terrible rink that isn't well funded (not kept up) and the boards are so awkwardly tall that larger peewees can't jump them.

I think they put this together because they are White Bear Lake people and they wanted to slam TCO by putting it last.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

In a tweet he said he ranked Memorial rink in Hibbing low because it has terrible internet….. 

He’s either trolling or a moron.

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4618
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @bertogliat

both GIF

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

In a tweet he said he ranked Memorial rink in Hibbing low because it has terrible internet….. 

I'm pretty sure he's a SCSU fan.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

His Twitter photo shows him in the press box in Mankato wearing a headset.

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1211
Post on old board: 6912

It’s just a list of MN hockey arenas…period. 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Again. It’s totally a joke list. Ramsey County’s Oscar Johnson Arena is #2 on the list. Do yourself a favor and look it up lol

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

His Twitter photo shows him in the press box in Mankato wearing a headset.

He does radio play by play for SCSU.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Again. It’s totally a joke list. Ramsey County’s Oscar Johnson Arena is #2 on the list. Do yourself a favor and look it up lol

I don’t think anyone is arguing it’s not a joke list. All I asking was it part of a bit on the morning show or another show on KFAN.

Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1235
Post on old board: 5215

Warroad defeats Hermantown 3-1. Fun game to watch.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

For anyone who has State Tourney tickets, your tickets should be in your Wild account app. Mine showed up this past Friday or Sat. And my friend got his on Monday. 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10537
Post on old board: 21741

I received an email yesterday indicating they are available and I had already made reservations for dinner between Thursday sessions. 

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gator reacted
gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden

Who remembers the old Columbia arena? There is a fire station there now. It was just south of Northtown on University.

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5165

I spent a lot of time in that place. Dad was a D10 official. Lots of nights there, Cook (also gone), Anoka, Fogerty, Centennial, and Elk River. 

gopherfun83 reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10537
Post on old board: 21741

Posted by: @gopherfun83

Who remembers the old Columbia arena? There is a fire station there now. It was just south of Northtown on University.

Mighty Ducks Win GIF by Disney+

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gopherfun83 reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Wasn't Columbia the home rink for the Vulcans and even Bethel?!?!?!

gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Topic starter  

Got to tell a Columbia story at the expense of an old friend. An old softball buddy played in the early days of Forest Lake hockey. They were playing a game at Columbia. Columbia used to kill all the lights for the National Anthem with a spotlight on the flag. It was dark, like can’t-see-your-hand-in-front-of-your-face dark. The teams line up on their blue lines for the anthem. My friend drops his helmet. As it’s so dark he kneels down to pick it up but can’t find it. His efforts continue to no avail. As the anthem concludes and the lights come up he’s flat on the ice fishing around with his stick and the helmet is about thirty feet away from him.

Wasn't Columbia the home rink for the Vulcans and even Bethel?!?!?!

Had forgotten about Bethel, but pretty sure you’re right about that. If I recall correctly, the Vulcans only did Columbia for the last year before their move to Nebraska. Their early years were at Woog (Wakota in those days) then a few years at Augsburg. I think there were other stops along the way but I can’t recall the specifics.

EDIT: Looks like I’m probably wrong about the Vulcans last year at Columbia, although I remain somewhat skeptical. From Vintage Minnesota Hockey.

The Vulcans played their home games at Mariucci arena on the U of M Campus,Wakota Arena in South St. Paul, Augsburg Arena in Minneapolis, Columbia Arena in Fridley, and finally at the Bloomington Ice Gardens in the teams final season of play in Minnesota.

HockeyBum
(@hockeybum)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 527

Posted by: @gopherfun83

I spent a lot of time at Columbia.  I tagged along with my dad when he played men's league there in the early 80's, and I played there occasionally in youth hockey.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

The Edina at Tonka tilt for Thursday night is looking pretty good on paper.  Edina with 10 straight wins after dropping their first 3, and Tonka has won 8 of 9 with the loss coming vs. #1 Wayzata. 

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

@slap-shot 

The Tonka/Wayzata rematch will be on BSN, Thu, Feb. 2nd at 7pm.

Was thinking the Edina/Tonka game was on BSN as well. Though it was the girls game this past Sat.

midevil bowievil
(@midevil-bowievil)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

#1 team in AA goes north for two and comes home winless.

I thought that was a pretty big story especially when one of the teams was the #1 team in class A.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Yeah… Warroad beat Wayzata 3-0. Though until Warroad and even Hermantown join the ranks of AA and play in the grind of the AA Sections and Tourney. All regular season and State accomplishments mean dinky-doo.

midevil bowievil
(@midevil-bowievil)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

until Warroad and even Hermantown join the ranks of AA and play in the grind of the AA Sections and Tourney. All regular season and State accomplishments mean dinky-doo.

Truly some of the stupidest hockey comments posted on this board. And that's saying a lot.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @midevil-bowievil

Truly some of the stupidest hockey comments posted on this board. And that's saying a lot.

Did I hurt your simple minded feelings?!?!?! 

Class A isn’t the grind like Class AA is. And the Hermantown’s and Warroad’s of Class A wouldn’t have their cakewalks to the Class A semifinals in Class AA. Is Class A competitive… yes. Maybe 4-6 teams each year. But Class A isn’t the competitiveness and grind like AA.

Page 2 / 13