2024 NCAA Hockey Of...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2024 NCAA Hockey Off-Season

295 Posts
51 Users
78 Reactions
17.8 K Views
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 
[#322]

Let the off season fun begin...


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 5:34 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1779200615224061954


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 5:41 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

The Gophers plan on bidding for the Frozen Fours starting in 29. Sounds like the bids for 27-28 are in and the winning bidders will be unveiled this fall.

https://twitter.com/StarTribune/status/1779294774954012688

McGinnis, the Gophers senior associate athletic director who oversees the hockey programs, said the Gophers and Visit St. Paul plan to put in bids for future Frozen Fours. Minnesota did not bid on the next two that will be awarded — 2027 and '28 — but plan to seek a Frozen Four in the following cycle. The 2025 Frozen Four will be played in St. Louis and the 2026 event in Las Vegas.

"[The NCAA] just did a bid cycle for 2027 and 2028. We didn't do that one because we figured they probably wouldn't come back [to St. Paul] that quick," McGinnis said Saturday. "We feel this is the premier event in college hockey, and it belongs in St. Paul. We certainly will be an active participant in the bid process the next time around."


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:18 pm
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Mariucci Level Admin
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2100
Rep Pts: 7801
Post on old board: 15786
 

Look for Seattle to get a FF in 27 or 28... (North Dakota as the host)


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:21 pm
Blue Bandit 24
(@bluebandit24)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1010
Rep Pts: 2900
 

Seattle would be a fun spot. Seems they have really built up an appetite for hockey with the Kraken.


 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:22 pm
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Mariucci Level Admin
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2100
Rep Pts: 7801
Post on old board: 15786
 

Now I remember the other favorite too...

Detroit and Seattle... I am thinking Detroit may get it first since theirs was cancelled because of COVID. So Detroit in 27 and Seattle in 28? We will see... But those are the two places I was told this weekend.


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:26 pm
JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 160
Rep Pts: 489
 

I would be fine with Seattle.  Detroit, I am indifferent about, especially if they bid to have it at Ford Field again (although I doubt they will).

Me and my buddy's were talking this past weekend and we think they should have a 5 year rotation with Boston, Tampa, and St. Paul in every five years and then two wildcard spots to round out the five.  Something like:

  1. Boston
  2. Wild Card
  3. Tampa
  4. Wild Card
  5. St. Paul

That way, the cities that are really good hosts (mentioned above) are always getting the 'ship every 5 years, and two additional cities will get to prove their worth.  I am sure St. Louis will be fine (it was the last time they were there) and Vegas will be more about the city than the tournament.  Other good hosts were/are Buffalo, Columbus (downtown not at the Schott), Pittsburgh and Denver.


 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:41 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7627
Rep Pts: 12594
Post on old board: 35040
 

Denver was awesome. However, I don't think they'll put in another bid, and I honestly don't know why. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:45 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3795
Rep Pts: 11908
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Look for Seattle to get a FF in 27 or 28... (North Dakota as the host)

Aren’t they hosting 2026 in Vegas already?

 


 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:50 pm
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Mariucci Level Admin
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2100
Rep Pts: 7801
Post on old board: 15786
 

Probably... but they can host as often as their bid get accepted.


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:53 pm
The Rube reacted
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7627
Rep Pts: 12594
Post on old board: 35040
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Probably... but they can host as often as their bid get accepted.

It's all about the bids. 

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 6:56 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4081
Rep Pts: 12572
 

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

I would be fine with Seattle.  Detroit, I am indifferent about, especially if they bid to have it at Ford Field again (although I doubt they will).

Me and my buddy's were talking this past weekend and we think they should have a 5 year rotation with Boston, Tampa, and St. Paul in every five years and then two wildcard spots to round out the five.  Something like:

  1. Boston
  2. Wild Card
  3. Tampa
  4. Wild Card
  5. St. Paul

That way, the cities that are really good hosts (mentioned above) are always getting the 'ship every 5 years, and two additional cities will get to prove their worth.  I am sure St. Louis will be fine (it was the last time they were there) and Vegas will be more about the city than the tournament.  Other good hosts were/are Buffalo, Columbus (downtown not at the Schott), Pittsburgh and Denver.

I think this would be a good way to do it in that you're keeping your hot beds well engaged and making it accessible for those who don't have the ability to travel to go more frequently. Would also allow for the teams on rotation to prep for it but I think you run into the issue of who's the "bid" at those sites when it's there every 5 years? Is St Paul always MN? Who is it in Boston or Tampa? Not sure the NCAA would want to take on the "risk", even though those sites will make money. Given now it seems there are more sponsors on top of just the Universities, could be a time for the NCAA to try make some multi-year deal with sponsors as well as an alternate route, which I'm sure they would like the steady locations

 


 
Posted : Sun. Apr 14, 2024 7:12 pm



trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2079
Rep Pts: 6309
Post on old board: 15139
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1779200615224061954

Isn't he the one who looked like he was about to fight Grant Potulny on the bench that one game? 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 2:16 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1779200615224061954

Isn't he the one who looked like he was about to fight Grant Potulny on the bench that one game? 

 

Yes he is.

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 5:41 am
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Bonin Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 641
Rep Pts: 1315
Post on old board: 5335
 

Interesting new in season tournament.

 

https://twitter.com/AcrisureArena/status/1779857326805057930

 

 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 10:44 am
Northern Gopher 218
(@northerngopher218)
Wooger Level
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 294
Rep Pts: 479
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1779200615224061954

Isn't he the one who looked like he was about to fight Grant Potulny on the bench that one game? 

 

Yes he is.

 

Is there video of that fight somewhere?

 


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 11:58 am
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2079
Rep Pts: 6309
Post on old board: 15139
 

I couldn’t find it, just an article that described what happened.


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 1:03 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

@trixr4kids I’m trying to remember that, I keep thinking he was with Michigan tech or AA but maybe I’m just way off, wouldn’t be the first time.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 1:45 pm
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 366
Rep Pts: 1236
 

It was against MTU during the 12-13 season I believe. I thought there was video somewhere but I could be wrong.


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 1:53 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

I have the highlights on DVD I think. Lucia had to pull Grant away from the end of the bench. It stemmed from a hit late in the game IIRC


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 2:32 pm
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1351
Rep Pts: 3644
Post on old board: 6782
 

Mankato native and overall good dude from a good family signs AHL contract with Texas Stars

 

https://twitter.com/BSUBeaversMHKY/status/1779940451769811025

 

 


I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 3:21 pm
Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3600
Rep Pts: 9712
 

I believe Muckalt was also involved in the scuffle with a St. Thomas assistant during last year’s coaches meetings over how the transfer of Eernisse was handled.


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 8:52 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7627
Rep Pts: 12594
Post on old board: 35040
 

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

It was against MTU during the 12-13 season I believe. I thought there was video somewhere but I could be wrong.

 

I was there in the MTU section (via SRO tickets 😉 ), and that scene was insane. IIRC, Gophers kept their PP1 unit out there and MTU responded by sending goons? Or vice versa, with MTU getting rough, and MN responding by keeping the PP1 unit out there...

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Mon. Apr 15, 2024 10:28 pm
GopherPete reacted
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 366
Rep Pts: 1236
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

It was against MTU during the 12-13 season I believe. I thought there was video somewhere but I could be wrong.

 

I was there in the MTU section (via SRO tickets 😉 ), and that scene was insane. IIRC, Gophers kept their PP1 unit out there and MTU responded by sending goons? Or vice versa, with MTU getting rough, and MN responding by keeping the PP1 unit out there...

 

Yes I was there too. It was a pretty chippy game if I recall, Gophers had a big lead and MTU was getting pretty physical. You could tell something was brewing. Also, I think it was actually 11/12 season and not 12/13 season.

 


 
Posted : Tue. Apr 16, 2024 7:25 am



frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

It was against MTU during the 12-13 season I believe. I thought there was video somewhere but I could be wrong.

 

I was there in the MTU section (via SRO tickets 😉 ), and that scene was insane. IIRC, Gophers kept their PP1 unit out there and MTU responded by sending goons? Or vice versa, with MTU getting rough, and MN responding by keeping the PP1 unit out there...

 

Yes I was there too. It was a pretty chippy game if I recall, Gophers had a big lead and MTU was getting pretty physical. You could tell something was brewing. Also, I think it was actually 11/12 season and not 12/13 season.

 

Wonder if @jupiter has any photos from the incident? I think it was Dec 10th 2011.

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Apr 16, 2024 10:21 am
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 366
Rep Pts: 1236
 


 
Posted : Tue. Apr 16, 2024 10:27 am
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Mariucci Level Admin
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2100
Rep Pts: 7801
Post on old board: 15786
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Wonder if @jupiter has any photos from the incident? I think it was Dec 10th 2011.

I do not. I was not there that night. But do recall seeing photographer, Mike Thill, from Let's Play Hockey in the box between the benches. I also recall seeing him not taking photos when that happened. I remember him saying that he didn't want to cause more trouble by taking photos during the incident.


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Tue. Apr 16, 2024 10:38 am
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7627
Rep Pts: 12594
Post on old board: 35040
 

That was the right call. Don't rehash stuff, or escalate stuff. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Wed. Apr 17, 2024 10:16 pm
Steve MN reacted
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2195
Rep Pts: 4086
Post on old board: 7833
 

I thought this was kind of interesting. His father was Shawn Walsh (Maine) and his grandfather was Ron Mason (Michigan State).

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-college/miac-mens/new-gustavus-head-coach-comes-from-ncaa-hockey-royalty


 
Posted : Sat. Apr 20, 2024 4:49 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

About time they got a new coach. I liked Carroll as a person, but unlike the women the men's hockey team had been abysmal for years.


 
Posted : Sat. Apr 20, 2024 5:04 pm
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1351
Rep Pts: 3644
Post on old board: 6782
 

Carroll is the women's coach.


I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

 
Posted : Mon. Apr 22, 2024 5:32 am
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

You're right. Peterson had been the men's coach forever without doing much.


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 22, 2024 7:10 am
alignrock
(@alignrock)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 63
Rep Pts: 272
 

Posted by: @iceburg
↑

I thought this was kind of interesting. His father was Shawn Walsh (Maine) and his grandfather was Ron Mason (Michigan State).

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-college/miac-mens/new-gustavus-head-coach-comes-from-ncaa-hockey-royalty

 

Has to be one of the little Walsh kids they kept showing on the 2002 title game broadcast, right? Time flies...

 


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 22, 2024 11:06 am
Orion
(@orion)
Stauber Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 300
Rep Pts: 998
 

This could go on a number of threads.  There have been rumors flying that the Big Ten is not happy with Nebraska losing it's AAU accreditation.  Now there are rumblings that Nebraska is considering merging the Lincoln and Omaha campuses to be able to regain AAU accreditation. This would obviously be interesting in regards to the hockey team at Omaha.

 

https://flywareagle.com/posts/nebraska-merge-lincoln-omaha-campuses-regain-aau-accreditation-stay-big-ten


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 22, 2024 6:54 pm
Greyeagle reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 4813
Rep Pts: 14055
Post on old board: 21741
 

Nebraska Football:  If you can't beat 'em (anyone), run away.


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Mon. Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 577
Rep Pts: 1548
 

Omaha is a good team. I'd be happy with that.


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 22, 2024 9:27 pm



maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4425
Rep Pts: 13183
 

Schloss reports Denver junior and top 10 Hobey guy Jack Devine is back for his senior season. Denver will be good again.


 
Posted : Mon. Apr 22, 2024 10:33 pm
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 630
Rep Pts: 1430
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Schloss reports Denver junior and top 10 Hobey guy Jack Devine is back for his senior season. Denver will be good again.

They lost quite a few players though, no?  No idea what their recruiting class looks like.

 


 
Posted : Tue. Apr 23, 2024 11:12 am
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4081
Rep Pts: 12572
 

Posted by: @idontknow
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Schloss reports Denver junior and top 10 Hobey guy Jack Devine is back for his senior season. Denver will be good again.

They lost quite a few players though, no?  No idea what their recruiting class looks like.

 

yeah. Behrens, probably both Buiums (we'll see on Zeev), Broz, Rizzo and graduate I believe Webster. 

 

That said they got Pohlkamp from BSU and they'll have a pretty decent recruiting class. King and Devine are a great starting point on the top line and they should have 7 guys back who scored 10 or more goals. They won't be as good as this year imo, but still should be solid as they always are. 

 


 
Posted : Tue. Apr 23, 2024 11:23 am
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 164
Rep Pts: 680
 

I kinda hope the Omaha Mavericks become the Nebraska Cornhuskers, complete with red and white uniforms.  And probably the “N” on the side of the helmet with a red center stripe


 
Posted : Tue. Apr 23, 2024 11:30 am
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Bonin Level Moderator
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 514
Rep Pts: 1046
Post on old board: 8405
 

I am kind of jealous of the NCHC.  They can start planning trips for away games, while we have to waiting until Aug/Sept   I really wish the B1G would take a lesson from them


 
Posted : Fri. Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am
Unka Dimmy and Cowgirl reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3795
Rep Pts: 11908
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @bert
↑

I am kind of jealous of the NCHC.  They can start planning trips for away games, while we have to waiting until Aug/Sept   I really wish the B1G would take a lesson from them

right? Even if they don’t know the times (as we have to wait for football and bouncy ball to be set first) at least we could know which weekends to take off work and such.  

 


 
Posted : Fri. Apr 26, 2024 1:23 pm
Unka Dimmy reacted
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

Dear @cowgirl employer,

On behalf of cowgirl this letter is to let you know that due to the upcoming Gopher hockey season her available from October 2024 - April 2025 is contingent on when/where Gopher games are played. Any weekend the Gophers play outside the Twin Cities could/likely means she is unavailable to work Thursday-Sunday. Your cooperation in this matter is necessary and appreciated.

All Gopher fans have permission to substitute their name and use this. 😀 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Apr 26, 2024 1:45 pm
Rau4SkiUMah and Cowgirl reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3795
Rep Pts: 11908
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict
↑

Dear @cowgirl employer,

On behalf of cowgirl this letter is to let you know that due to the upcoming Gopher hockey season her available from October 2024 - April 2025 is contingent on when/where Gopher games are played. Any weekend the Gophers play outside the Twin Cities could/likely means she is unavailable to work Thursday-Sunday. Your cooperation in this matter is necessary and appreciated.

All Gopher fans have permission to substitute their name and use this. 😀 

 

 

love it! 😂

I do block off my Fridays from October til March until I get the schedule but there’s inevitably a weekday night game in there somewhere that always catches me by surprise or needing a thursday off for a road trip.  
my work is not a fan of my schedule blocking but they’ve conceded it’s a lot easier to deal with than having to move a bunch of appointments that were already made.  😬

 


 
Posted : Fri. Apr 26, 2024 4:54 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Funny how that works... a men's hockey only conference gets their schedule out ahead of a conference that has multiple different men's and women's sports that run the entirety of the college athletics seasons.  What a shock.

Annoying?  As a hockey fan, of course.  But, don't hold your breath on it changing, because it never will.


 
Posted : Fri. Apr 26, 2024 9:17 pm
Gopherguy05 reacted
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

From Mike McMahon regarding news from the coaches meetings in Florida--

Sounds like Detroit did not put in a bid for the 27 or 28 Frozen Four. But are expected to get one after that cycle to make up for the one they had cancelled. Tampa did meet with people at the St Paul FF. Bids for the 27 & 28 Regionals and FF's will be revealed in the fall.

No consensus was agreed on about the regional sites format. So, they will stay the same for the time being.

Coaches were split on allowing CHL players in the NCAA. No changes coming from coaches but they may not have a choice if that goes through the courts.

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Wed. May 1, 2024 8:07 pm
SkiUMahLaw
(@skiumahlaw)
Bonin Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 282
Rep Pts: 1114
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

From Mike McMahon regarding news from the coaches meetings in Florida--

Sounds like Detroit did not put in a bid for the 27 or 28 Frozen Four. But are expected to get one after that cycle to make up for the one they had cancelled. Tampa did meet with people at the St Paul FF. Bids for the 27 & 28 Regionals and FF's will be revealed in the fall.

No consensus was agreed on about the regional sites format. So, they will stay the same for the time being.

Coaches were split on allowing CHL players in the NCAA. No changes coming from coaches but they may not have a choice if that goes through the courts.

 

I don't think CHL players have any real standing to push eligibility in the courts.  Actually, CHL players, the majority of whom are Canadian, would be at a disadvantage, as their student visas would not permit them to earn NIL income. 

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 1, 2024 9:25 pm



frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

@skiumahlaw I know I have seen the issue with Canadians and NIL money before. Could you provide me with some clarification? Close was one of the original Dinkytown hockey athletes. Is his student visa different than other Canadians and what about newcomer Matthew Wood? This whole thing makes my head spin. Thanks for any info you can provide.


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. May 2, 2024 6:30 am
grizz
(@grizz)
Rookie
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 10
Rep Pts: 15
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

@skiumahlaw I know I have seen the issue with Canadians and NIL money before. Could you provide me with some clarification? Close was one of the original Dinkytown hockey athletes. Is his student visa different than other Canadians and what about newcomer Matthew Wood? This whole thing makes my head spin. Thanks for any info you can provide.

 

I'm not sure how NIL works in every circumstance, but I remembered reading about this Canadian basketball player complaining about it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39882011/purdue-zach-edey-missing-profits-due-us-nil-law

 


 
Posted : Thu. May 2, 2024 8:29 am
Page 1 / 6

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad