ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10644
Post on old board: 21741

Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit

rob reiner lol GIF by Maudit

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rau4SkiUMah, Slap Shot, Cowgirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Nasty. 
https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1786590241408577892?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7741
Post on old board: 35040

The Pitching Ninja is awesome. Love his overlays and such.

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5211

Fantastic play by Kepler in the 7th.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

12 in a row with a 3-1 win. 

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7318
Post on old board: 10120

What’s the story behind the postgame photo posing?

ReplyQuote

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

12!

Buffalo Bills Football GIF

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7580

Posted by: @jwg

There must be something in the water. MN professional sports teams are only saved from being some of the worst managed franchises in professional sports by the likes of people like Dan Snyder.  Really it's the T'Wolves and Twins I suppose.  Two longest standing ownerships who just shouldn't...  

A combined 17 straight wins between the two including 5 straight playoff wins for the Wolves. 

ReplyQuote
Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4056
Post on old board: 9428

Posted by: @jwg

There must be something in the water. MN professional sports teams are only saved from being some of the worst managed franchises in professional sports by the likes of people like Dan Snyder.  Really it's the T'Wolves and Twins I suppose.  Two longest standing ownerships who just shouldn't...  

Unfortunately those 2 main owners also absolutely refuse to give up ownership. It’s almost like they enjoy being unpopular. Just sell, make a billion and leave it to someone who is competent and cares. 

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

So how good is 12 straight wins?

8 of the teams in the majors have never had a winning streak longer.

It is the longest winning streak for the Twins in 33 years. In 1991 the Twins had a winning streak of 15 games. That season turned out pretty well.

https://www.mlb.com/news/baseball-s-longest-win-streaks-c268160952

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5708
Post on old board: 16243

Morning of 4/22:

Cleveland 16-6

Twins 7-13 (8 games back)

Morning of 5/5:

Cleveland 21-12

Twins 19-13 (1.5 games back)

Keep your stick on the ice...

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1244
Post on old board: 6912

12 game win streak, and no tv availability on Comcast…another F-cked Up Twin’s broadcasting FUBAR mess…this organization could care less about fans…if it costs them an extra nickel 

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Gonna need a helluva comeback for 13….

ReplyQuote

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12643
Post on old board: 9626

Ballys works fine on my DirecTV. 😉 

The bottom line is the consumers are the ones who always seem to get the shaft in these disputes between stations and the carriers. I have been through a few disruptions on DirecTv, but luckily not as much as other services. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Ryan was pretty frustrated with Hernandez by the end of his outing. It wasn’t because the calls got worse, but better. Strikes outside the zone early in the game were balls at the end. Must drive a pitcher nuts. 

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Posted by: @karlsson

Ryan was pretty frustrated with Hernandez by the end of his outing. It wasn’t because the calls got worse, but better. Strikes outside the zone early in the game were balls at the end. Must drive a pitcher nuts. 

I’d be be concerned if he wasn’t frustrated with that moron working the plate. 

blind GIF

ReplyQuote
Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @frozen4champs

The bottom line is the consumers are the ones who always seem to get the shaft in these disputes between stations and the carriers. I have been through a few disruptions on DirecTv, but luckily not as much as other services. 

Some of us won’t or can’t spend 40% more just to get 1 more channel. 

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12643
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @bigbeer

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Some of us won’t or can’t spend 40% more just to get 1 more channel. 

I have never or will I ever tell people how to spend their money. Some people are willing to pay premium prices for certain items, like the newest cell phone with the biggest plan, XM radio or an expensive meal once a week. Our expensive toy is DirecTv, and for the last 25+ years, it has been the most reliable way for us to get our TV, especially when you live outside of a city with no access to cable. With the expansion to high speed internet out in rural areas, I do see a day when we may make the switch, especially if/when Ballys lose all of the pro sports. But right now to get all of the stations we want, we would have to sign up for multiple streaming services and are not ready to do that yet.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 585

Posted by: @bearpaw28

12 game win streak, and no tv availability on Comcast…another F-cked Up Twin’s broadcasting FUBAR mess…this organization could care less about fans…if it costs them an extra nickel 

i kinda go through the same frustration with gopher hockey now with about half the games on cable with big 10 network and can’t get the games on big plus or wherever else streaming channels. The days of being able to count on every game on MSC are gone it sucks.

ReplyQuote
HockeyBum
(@hockeybum)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 529

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy

i kinda go through the same frustration with gopher hockey now with about half the games on cable with big 10 network and can’t get the games on big plus or wherever else streaming channels. The days of being able to count on every game on MSC are gone it sucks.

Same.  I used to be a huge Gopher Hockey fan.  Never missed a game.  Then the TV broadcast started to jump around on multiple channels at best, and unavailable (to me) channels at worst.  Guess what happened?  Out of sight, out of mind.  My interest now has eroded about 90% from what it once was.  I watched maybe 4 periods combined this past season... all by accident while flipping around.  I didn't even know they were playing.  I recognize maybe 7-8 of the players on the roster.  Don't even listen to the GPL Podcast anymore (sorry Jup!).  

I'm guessing the same thing will start happening to me with the Twins.  Up until last week, I had the game on every single night.  The Twins and Wild are literally the only reason we still had Comcast.  We canceled it last Thursday.  I'm already not missing it nearly as much as I expected to. 

I'm "Exhibit A" of what happens when you make your product difficult or impossible to follow.  And forget about the next generation.  My kids have almost zero interest in college or professional sports because they're not exposed to it.  

fightclub30 reacted
ReplyQuote

fightclub30
(@fightclub30)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 995

@hockeybum 100% agree.  They have written the manual on how to alienate your fans and make them not care.  I don't even listen to KFAN anymore because I just don't care that much about the teams.  

I still love college hockey, but the portal and constant video review (professional-ization) is slowly killing that.  It has just about killed my waning interest in Gopher Football.  If any of the four professional teams left town, I wouldn't shed a tear because I have zero connection with them anymore.  Tickets, parking, and concessions at all four have become really expensive and I cannot watch the games at home.  

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7117
Post on old board: 18942

Not to be a dick, but I have to watch Gopher hockey games sometimes at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning when I should be in bed and with a stream that is sometimes iffy at best. Yet I still follow the team as closely as ever and on occasion watch the podcast on Thursday mornings when again I should be sleeping. 

Last season when my wife was planning a trip to Thailand and within that time a 4-day trek to Myanmar, I told were I could not travel on the days the Gophers were scheduled to play in the regionals nor (assuming they made the FF) on the days for both the semis and championship game.  If your level of fandom is tied to your ability to watch every game...

Rau4SkiUMah, Norm, Cowgirl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 414

It's all about priorities and what you value. Some people would never consider interrupting time spent with family on a vacation to watch a game...I'm probably one of those people.

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7117
Post on old board: 18942

Posted by: @gopherpete

It's all about priorities and what you value. Some people would never consider interrupting time spent with family on a vacation to watch a game...I'm probably one of those people.

I didn't interrupt time with the family. The games were played between 5 and 9 a.m. and we otherwise travelled together without issue.  I also probably spend less time watching all sporting events than the average guy my age.  Hardly any Vikings, no Twins outside a few playoff games, the last Wolves games yesterday was my first the of the year, and I watch a few Gophers football games.  

ReplyQuote
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 414

That's fair and like I said, everyone has priorities and we all value things differently.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Bullpen not so hot tonight. 

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Bullpen blowing it again. 

ReplyQuote

camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

Max Kepler hits home run #80 at target field tying the record with Brian dozier. Twins up 10-1

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3393
Post on old board: 30840

Twins win 3 of 4 vs Seattle and have won 15 of 17. Seattle entered the series 19-13, hardly a pushover. Also the White Sox, while still terrible, have won 6 of their last 9 vs non-Twins opponents.

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

The Chi Sox OWN TB. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

Kepler 12 game hitting streak comes up huge in the top of the 9th with a 2 out rbi single to give the twins a 3-1 lead which they needed in the bottom half and hold on to win 3-2 over the jays.

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Twins are 16-2 in their last 18 games and are a half game behind Cleveland after the White Sox beat Cleveland for the second night in a row.

The White Sox are 8-10 in their last 18 games.

4-2 against Tampa Bay

2-1 against St. Louis

2-0 against Cleveland

0-7 against the Twins

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

The umpire squeezing Jax and a poor play by Santana almost blew that one!

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Max Kepler extended his hitting streak to 13 games in the first inning today.

He hit a ball off his knee in the season opener and while trying to play through it went 1 for 20 in five games before going on the IL for 16 days. 

Today is his 18th game since coming off the IL. He is 25 for 55 (batting average of .455), an on base % of .524, a slugging % of .764, an OPS of 1.288, with 8 doubles, 3 home runs, 8 walks, and 15 RBIs. 

He has at least one hit in 17 of the 18 games. If he get one more hit at some point today he will have multiple hit games in 8 of the 18. 

ReplyQuote

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

I have not watched enough Twins games.  They apparently have a lucky sausage.  Like real, and decaying inside its packaging.   And they travel with it. 😳😬😂

https://apnews.com/article/minnesota-twins-sausage-cc42c059d41860d15c71d3176904c757

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Led this game 7-1 at one point.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Time to throw out the sausage?

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

I still don't get why Tool-bar is on the team. JFC. 

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The White Sox beat Cleveland for the 3rd straight day. They are on 4 game winning streak.

On April 25th the Twins competed a 4 game sweep of the White Sox dropping them to 3-22 on the season. Since then the White Sox have gone 9-6 (0-3 against the Twins and 9-3 against everybody else).

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

The White Sox beat Cleveland for the 3rd straight day. They are on 4 game winning streak.

On April 25th the Twins competed a 4 game sweep of the White Sox dropping them to 3-22 on the season. Since then the White Sox have gone 9-6 (0-3 against the Twins and 9-3 against everybody else).

😉

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

Posted by: @the-rube

😉

btw…the worlds biggest airplane hanger…in Milwaukee cozy stadium in April, May, Sept & Oct! 😀 As per usual...Pohlads were too CHEAP to build stadium with retractable roof, despite being 2nd wealthiest MLB owners. 🙁

ReplyQuote

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

No roof is one thing they did right. 

Slap Shot reacted
ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

Posted by: @karlsson

No roof is one thing they did right. 

Yeah, when you’re watching on tv in April & Sept…oops, that’s no longer an option for Comcast customers…lol

ReplyQuote
Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @bearpaw28

Posted by: @the-rube

😉

btw…the worlds biggest airplane hanger…in Milwaukee cozy stadium in April, May, Sept & Oct! 😀 As per usual...Pohlads were too CHEAP to build stadium with retractable roof, despite being 2nd wealthiest MLB owners. 🙁

There’s definitely a convenience factor for the Brewers stadium. You know there’s gonna be a game and on time. If it’s too hot or cold out it won’t be inside the park. The problem is even with the roof open it doesn’t feel like an outdoor game, it’s like sitting in a tube. There’s nothing better than a game at TF with nice weather. 

Slap Shot reacted
ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Another series win. The sausage can stay. 

Cowgirl reacted
ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

The Twins beat Toronto today 5-1 to win their 6 series in a row.

Santana hit a 3 run homer in the 7th inning and Kepler hit a 2 run double in the 8th inning to extend his hitting streak to 14 games. It is the longest major league hitting streak of his career and is the current overall longest hitting streak in the majors.

Bailey Ober pitched 6 and a 1/3 shut out innings giving up only one hit with 10 strike outs and no walks.

ReplyQuote
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Micheletti Level

I thought the reason, or one reason why a retractable wasn’t an option was because there wasn’t enough room in the tight space to add the necessary framework for a roof. I also thought they went over the original price of the stadium adding more bells and whistles as it went along that pohlads paid for. Not that I support their lack of team payroll spending right now or tv situation. The twins will probably always be a team that won’t be expected to win a World Series because of money spent to win one. They’ll need to overachieve as a team.

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3393
Post on old board: 30840

The size of the lot they built Target Field on was the primary driving factor on no retractable roof. 

ReplyQuote

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Surprise surprise they are junk against the Yankees. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4