ALEXA PLAY FREEBIRD MAX VOLUME
good goal/finish. best team in the tournament won

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
Look at the red jersey’s leaving the building! What a sweet sight it is!!!!!
Whoooooooooo!!!!!!!
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
I'll miss the medal ceremony, cause I'm at work. Though how many Canadian players will take off their silver medal?!?!?!
Before Knight's goal, I was thinking "Did we really just go the whole tournament giving up TWO goals and only manage a Silver?"
What a finish. Two slightly fluky goals given up total for the Olympics, and finishing off the sweep of Canada.
Congrats, Ladies. You've most definitely earned it.
Well earned!!
MEGAN KELLER FROM TAYLOR HEISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://twitter.com/Underwood_szn/status/2024589651181240411
BEST WOMEN'S TEAM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the Olympics
USA 33
Opponents 2
Her speed was noticeable all game.
I learned that the gals 3 on 3 look about like the men's Gophers team...very little control of the puck and a lot of turnovers.
Heise did a nice job to gain possession in the neutral zone and then spotting Keller. Nifty deke through the defense's legs and through the goalie.
Glad they pulled it out because they did have a lopsided advantage in talent. Canada played a heckuva game.
The one USA player I thought was noticeable throughout was Caroline Harvey...played like a female Quinn Hughes, you had to account for her every time she was on the ice. The Gopher women played really well too. Murphy made some really nice plays and Stecklein was calm as a cucumber.
I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
The goalie was pulled with 2:23 left and the typing goal was scored 19 seconds later.
https://twitter.com/JasonKrump/status/2024591111973720149
Her speed was noticeable all game.
I learned that the gals 3 on 3 look about like the men's Gophers team...very little control of the puck and a lot of turnovers.
Heise did a nice job to gain possession in the neutral zone and then spotting Keller. Nifty deke through the defense's legs and through the goalie.
Glad they pulled it out because they did have a lopsided advantage in talent. Canada played a heckuva game.
basically all levels of hockey look this same way aside from men's pro. its just really hard to have enough speed with how teams will sit back and prevent odd player rushes to have many with the talent to beat others 1v1 consistently while hanging on to the puck.
Her speed was noticeable all game.
I learned that the gals 3 on 3 look about like the men's Gophers team...very little control of the puck and a lot of turnovers.
Heise did a nice job to gain possession in the neutral zone and then spotting Keller. Nifty deke through the defense's legs and through the goalie.
Glad they pulled it out because they did have a lopsided advantage in talent. Canada played a heckuva game.
basically all levels of hockey look this same way aside from men's pro. its just really hard to have enough speed with how teams will sit back and prevent odd player rushes to have many with the talent to beat others 1v1 consistently while hanging on to the puck.
That's true, but there are exceptions. The Cooley Gophers and the MI team thay same year were really good 3x3
The one USA player I thought was noticeable throughout was Caroline Harvey...played like a female Quinn Hughes, you had to account for her every time she was on the ice. The Gopher women played really well too. Murphy made some really nice plays and Stecklein was calm as a cucumber.
Someone will have to stop her from winning a natty with the red team out east. Crazy to think some of these ladies are going to jump right back into league play after this.
Guess who was in a meeting when the USA scored and forgot he was not on mute?

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home from work finally catching up on some highlights! Goosebumps 😎
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Harvey was really good but despite the big late goals, I'd give the MVP to the goaltender. The team surrendered 2 goals over the entire tournament, and the one today took a goofy bounce off the glass to start the play. That's incredible.
Her speed was noticeable all game.
I learned that the gals 3 on 3 look about like the men's Gophers team...very little control of the puck and a lot of turnovers.
Heise did a nice job to gain possession in the neutral zone and then spotting Keller. Nifty deke through the defense's legs and through the goalie.
Glad they pulled it out because they did have a lopsided advantage in talent. Canada played a heckuva game.
basically all levels of hockey look this same way aside from men's pro. its just really hard to have enough speed with how teams will sit back and prevent odd player rushes to have many with the talent to beat others 1v1 consistently while hanging on to the puck.
That's true, but there are exceptions. The Cooley Gophers and the MI team thay same year were really good 3x3
The Cooley Gophers were 4-3 in OT. Michigan was 4-3-3.
Teams have tactically changed how they play OT. We looked good because teams really went up and down (that was I think the 3rd year of 3v3) and that was the same with that Michigan team where you had all these how powered offensive guys getting free reign all over the ice.
Now teams are keeping 1 guy high all the time and more peeling back for possession, which is the right play from a risk aversion standpoint tactically, but it also makes the gameplay boring to watch as you don't have guys with enough pace to beat them consistently and you're coaching them to back off unless they've got them (we've all seen our guys try take them 1v1 and lose the puck and it goes the other way). Michigan this year is probably the closest to being able to do it this year because of team speed, especially on D.
Personally they would do wonders to add rules penalizing you from leaving the attacking zone because they're basically just trained now to keep peeling back but keeping the defenders in the zone to make them tired unless they have an obvious rush.
1000% they were more appealing to watch (the teams you mention), but much of the blame now is on the systems teams play rather than that the teams were just way better (though that year's gophers or mich would beat the hell out of this years gophers)
Harvey was really good but despite the big late goals, I'd give the MVP to the goaltender. The team surrendered 2 goals over the entire tournament, and the one today took a goofy bounce off the glass to start the play. That's incredible.
I agree 100%
I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
Love the banner in the background 😁
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Got to put some name respect on the US goalie.
Aerin Frankel (26 years old)
Currently plays for the Boston Fleet of the women's professional hockey league.
Played college at Northeastern. Won the Patty Kazmaier (the women's Hobey Baker) in 2021.
Was born in New York.
Good times like these don’t come often enough! Cheers all!! 🍻
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Went on Peacock earlier to check out Ski mountaineering (skimo). First impression is it’s something I’d expect to see on “The Ocho”. First entirely new sport in the winter games in around thirty years. Looks like something me and my friends would have concocted in my youth. Apparently it’s been around for many decades, just not in the Olympics. Combines Nordic (all uphill) and alpine skiing with some running upstairs thrown in for good measure. I just saw the sprint event, I’m curious to see the longer event.
Interesting! Watching that now. Think I’ll bet on Norway😁
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Transitions are huge, last to first just like that.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Interesting! Watching that now. Think I’ll bet on Norway😁
Straight Nordic I’d agree. This event is dominated by Swiss though.
Guess I was wrong about a longer skimo event, just a relay. Probably for the best, they all looked pretty gassed.
Anybody have thoughts on the diamond section? I don’t see the purpose.
Interesting! Watching that now. Think I’ll bet on Norway😁
Straight Nordic I’d agree. This event is dominated by Swiss though.
Aaaaaand then a Spaniard wins it. 😆
I suppose the Pyrenees get high enough.
@iceburg same thought on the diamond for me, a little unnecessary. The event in itself kinda just feels like whoever can transition in and out is worth as much as the actual athletic ability. It’s different, not a bad thing.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
My folks watch very little hockey. Last weekend when I was in South Bend I called my folks to check in on them and they commented how much faster the men’s game is than the women’s. I said they should’ve seen the women’s game in ‘98. The women’s game has come along way.
Back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s I knew some women that played at the ‘U’ and other local college club teams. Some of those games were painful to watch. The wisconSIN women’s team in ‘98 didn’t even have matching uniforms. The jerseys were close to matching, but multiple different colored helmets and breezers. Even saw St. Kate’s women’s club team play at the Coliseum at the Fairgrounds… lol!!!
They call it "Every Angle"... but it's missing the in-net camera. (Even though they use a capture from that for the thumbnail)
Women curling lose the semis to the Swiss. Swiss skip was shooting 99% for the match. She was lights out. Tough to beat. Will face Canada for the bronze on Saturday morning.
The first Canada PP unit is just not fair. Wow.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Canadian honkers eek one out.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antti Pennanen Motzko'd that lead away.
Antti Pennanen Motzko'd that lead away.
"We just needed that 3rd goal"
- Motzko
Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃
Antti Pennanen Motzko'd that lead away.
"We just needed that 3rd goal"
- Motzko
We’re a young team 🤣
Werensky is 6'2" 215?
He doesn't seem that big.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Men’s hockey team only team who has not given up a power play goal in this years Olympics
Aloha!
Slovakia not covering the slot. We will get a goal from there today.
Men’s hockey team only team who has not given up a power play goal in this years Olympics
US women also went 14/14 on the kill.
.....6 foot is the min height for a Dman nowadays.
Unless you're the Wild captain. 🤔 😀
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I thought about that after I posted because I didn't know his size :D. his and Makar's skating ability is insane so there are exceptions for like 2 Dmen in the league......6 foot is the min height for a Dman nowadays.
Unless you're the Wild captain. 🤔 😀




