Minnesota Wild 2026...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


Minnesota Wild 2026 season

155 Posts
31 Users
34 Reactions
2,437 Views
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4067
Rep Pts: 12488
 
Quote: J22
Quote: upnorthkid
Quote: J22
Quote: upnorthkid
Quote: J22
Quote: upnorthkid
Quote: J22
Quote: upnorthkid

Larkin put on non injury IR by Detroit. 

 

just lol from a hockey player to be this weak but bodes better for those like the Wild who want him Detroit isn’t playing him 

Weak? Why would anyone risk getting injured for that joke of an organization?

I don’t think the mn wild or really an mn pro hockey fan has any grounds to talk about another organization being a joke given our personal history man

The fact that Minnesota has had bad hockey teams in the past means that I am not allowed to point out that the Detroit Red Wings are currently a trash organization?

That's a really stupid take.

If you said front office/ownership, I’m super ok with that. Organization includes fans, community support, etc

 

 Same reason I’d never call Minnesota hockey a trash organization even when the team left. 

apologize if that’s semantics to you, just have a hard time using a broad term like that. I hear you and agree with you the front office has continued to be awful, which is mostly just illitch. Theres a reason the fans followed it up later with sell the team chants 

Oh, the fans are absolutely included. Ownership is obviously the major problem but that doesn't give the fanbase a pass to be idiots. 

For booing your former captain who requests a trade with 5 years on his deal? I won’t get into the him folding down the stretch repeatedly in his production, but prior to this the fanbase has been quite graceful to him

 

 delusional yes. Foolish in thinking that team didn’t need a complete tear down yes. But that’s almost every pro sports fanbase

 

Anyway, doesn’t really matter. Net positive for the Wild in any regard unless it makes Larkin more apt to open his teams he’ll go to (which would not surprise me if this is the Wings hope)

You are a perfect example of who I am talking about. 

Impressive the amount you know about me then if you can assess my fandom of a team I follow peripherally since the retirements of Hank and Datsyuk and really don’t care what they do with Larkin as this team isn’t contending with or without him. 

in case you want to add it to your profile of me, I think booing your home team or players is stupid and makes you look stupid. You paid to come watch them and nothing like being booed to motivate you to feel good about playing hard for them, and the owner you’re mad at is still collecting your money. My comments above are moreso why I get why people are booing him now (feeling of turning his back on them and the team even when they’ve tried, poorly I would say speaking on the front office, to put a team around him to make the playoffs). I wouldn’t, but I see why some would, same as some booed our gopher hockey team last year which was also dumb. 

the front office (illitch because he is one of those idiot owners who has his hands in everything rather than trusting those he employs) has handled this poorly across the board. So has Larkin (if you don’t want to be there, open up some options and move on).

I get why they don’t want to just send him to where he wants to go as he, when playing, is worth 1C pricing and the Wild don’t really have the assets for that and he’s under contract. Fans voting with their feet is going to go far further though than booing Larkin ever would. 

on the initial whole them getting called out on tnt, they’ve announced the roster every year of their existence. Larkin wanted to be out there as he does care about the tradition and for the players. Biz later apologized. 


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 3, 2026 10:12 am
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 994
Rep Pts: 3796
 
Quote: upnorthkid

Larkin put on non injury IR

isn't non-injury IR just a reserve


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 3, 2026 11:59 am
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4067
Rep Pts: 12488
 
Quote: Walker? I Barely Know Her
Quote: upnorthkid

Larkin put on non injury IR

isn't non-injury IR just a reserve

Tbh I am not a cap expert just what the tweet was. Maybe it comes with some active roster cap relief? Either way they’re paying him 9mil to sit out. Which Larkin deserves as he’s showed up and signed the deal. I dislike the whole hIm sitting as a person who thinks that goes both ways (you signed the deal so show up and play). 

but yeah no idea what that means exactly 


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 3, 2026 12:21 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 4806
Rep Pts: 14008
Post on old board: 21741
 

ben carson t GIF

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Sat. Oct 3, 2026 12:28 pm
upnorthkid reacted
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3575
Post on old board: 6912
 

Who needs 39 year old Zuc when you have Shab! KK from Shab! Boom 💥

I also like #3 Maatta at D. Steady & Smart. Wally played GREAT when it mattered tonight too! And KK & Q played like vintage KK & Q. Nice couple wins to start 26-27. It SUCKS having Brock out to a freak injury…but with that said, having the two players healthy we didn’t have last spring, 25 & 14 makes a HUGE difference. 


 
Posted : Sun. Oct 4, 2026 8:35 am
Page 4 / 4

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad