This feels like the game we should win but lose in disappointing fashion that PJ has every year.
That already happened at Cal. This would be the second.
That already happened at Cal. This would be the second.
That Cal QB is really good, he took it to us. The offense has been awful on third down today against a team that hasn’t won a B10 game this year.
Argument could be made to just let the guy score there. But, the D did just have a great goal line stand I suppose.
Oh hey we won
Talk about lucking out on a couple OT calls by the officials! For once a MN TEAM didn’t get screwed! lol Nonetheless a great comeback victory! 👍😆
DRAKE LINDSEY FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!
He leads a 9 play, 65 yard TD drive in the last two minutes of the game scoring the TD to send the game to OT and then also scores the game winning TD in OT.
Clutch Drake!!!!
Not bad for a freshmen QB
Talk about lucking out with a couple calls by the officials! For once a MN TEAM didn’t get screwed! lol Nonetheless a great comeback victory! 👍😆
We’ll have to take the line judges word on the TD. He is also what made it impossible to overturn.
The PI a few plays before it was crazy soft though, I’ll agree.
I despise how frame by frame replay has changed college & pro 🏈. I do believe the football broke the plane at the exact moment Lindsay stepped out of bounds. But it wud have been so MINNESOTA if they ruled he stepped out at the 2 inch line! lol. Not this time thou! 🤠Talk about lucking out with a couple calls by the officials! For once a MN TEAM didn’t get screwed! lol Nonetheless a great comeback victory! 👍😆
We’ll have to take the line judges word on the TD. He is also what made it impossible to overturn.
The PI a few plays before it was crazy soft though, I’ll agree.
The Gophers are going to a Bowl game for the 5 straight season and 7 of the last 8. The only time they missed a Bowl game was the 2020 Covid season (the U turned down their Bowl invitation). The team will have a chance to extend their Bowl winning streak to 9 games.
6-0 at home this season and 4-2 in Big Ten conference games so they are one win away from another winning Big Ten season which would be 4 of the past 5 seasons.
Talk about lucking out with a couple calls by the officials! For once a MN TEAM didn’t get screwed! lol Nonetheless a great comeback victory! 👍😆
We’ll have to take the line judges word on the TD. He is also what made it impossible to overturn.
The PI a few plays before it was crazy soft though, I’ll agree.
The one they called on us and then picked it up also wild
If you haven’t, listen to PJ’s full presser post-game today.
He’s a good coach. I know many would disagree with me, but he is. In a world where IN is willing to pay their coach $11M and public corporations are funding other athletic departments, PJ is doing pretty well in a market that’s quickly falling behind.
The over/under for this team was 6.5. With 3 games to go they should hit the over and have a real chance to get to 8 if they can get the road win vs. NU.
PJ is class act. We got fooled with Jerry Kill, and PJ walks the walk. Good or bad, he sticks with it.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Yeah they have a maddening loss per season, but find me 5 FBS programs with 2 or more losses in a season that wouldn't want at least 1 of them back.
For a major market team that is underfunded vs. most of their peers, PJ has done an amazingly consistent job. Runs a clean program, is heavily involved in the community, keeps most of his commits, steals a transfer here and there, wins bowl games even if their mid, and puts more players into the NFL per year than any coach in the program's history.
if the U finally decided to get serious with $$ (including paying his assistants) they would easily become more competitive than they have been vs OR, OSU, UMi, etc.
Talk about lucking out with a couple calls by the officials! For once a MN TEAM didn’t get screwed! lol Nonetheless a great comeback victory! 👍😆
We’ll have to take the line judges word on the TD. He is also what made it impossible to overturn.
The PI a few plays before it was crazy soft though, I’ll agree.
The one they called on us and then picked it up also wild
I have never seen anything like that at any level in any sport.
but the bottom line is they got it right.
my biggest issue is it being called in the first place. I’m not one to don a tinfoil hat, but that was egregious enough to make me think twice.
It was a very sloppy game where we kept running the same plays on offense hoping they would work. Finally got some of the WR crosses to connect on the last drive and adjusted play calling for OT.
PJ after the game sounded like he knew criticism was going to come with how ugly it was. Had the speech prepped that winning games is hard and he changed the expectation to where winning isn’t just good enough. He’s not wrong, but really hit the offensive quick.
This year's team was going to face adversity, loss of some real talent, younger team, freshman QB. How they responded to that adversity was going to be key. So far, I'm satisfied. Yea, you'd like that Cal game back and you'd like a more competitive outing against Iowa. But that Nebraska game though...
Wow, thought PSU was better. That's crazy.
Part of that was due to the favorable division structure we had but I'll take it, my expectations of this program aren't exactly high to begin with.
Half the teams in the conference were in the same division as us.
The point is that we didn't have to play Michigan and OSU every season, some seasons you'd play neither and that definitely didn't hurt the W/L record of us or Iowa. Definitely not complaining, that record is solid given what we have to work with as a program.
The same thing applies to Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue, Nebraska, Northwestern and as shown above the Gophers Big Ten record is better than 5 of the 6.
The Big Ten isn't just Ohio State and Michigan wins against other teams count too.
Yeah dude no shit 🤣. I'm mainly talking about how teams like PSU and the ones on the other side of the division didn't exactly benefit from that system where as Iowa and MN did. Not trying to diminish what PJ has accomplished here but I do think it's worth noting. That alone probably explains how Iowa was more successful than PSU by a couple of percentage points during that time as I don't think Iowa was actually the better program.
This almost makes it worse that we couldn’t win the West at least once. Even Northwestern and Purdue won it in this time frame.
No one is comparing Minnesota to PSU.
No one is comparing Minnesota to PSU.
I am. MN didn't diddle kids.
No, I won't let that go.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Well that's something.
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1986550537429336352?s=20
Investments like upgraded paint thinner dispensers throughout camp randy?
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Millen is about as good of an analyst as he was a GM.
Someone tell the Gophers the second half started
Looked like Tracy Claeys was coaching toward the end 🤬
Northwestern was 0-7 all time playing at Wrigley field until today
Aloha!
That is a horrible loss.
That is a horrible loss.
They have a crappy defense. They benefitted from two huge special teams plays and had a two-touchdown lead in the second half. They blew it.
All that said, the ref's failure to call the world's most obvious PI probably changed the outcome of the game. It should have been first and ten on the NW 10 yard line. Gophers would have had two cracks at the endzone with the time remaining and a chip-in FG in their hip pocket.
The ref probably knew the Gophers receiver would have only gained a yard, so he swallowed his whistle. Call the rulebook!
It definitely should’ve been called but that game coming down to a ref decision is pathetic enough. Like you said NW had 450 yards of offense early in the 4th quarter and ended up with 525. And then they still had a chance to win but just threw a short pass and tossed away any time to throw toward the end zone. And then they miss the kick of course, I guess I’m glad it didn’t go to OT because I didn’t really feel like watching that game any longer than I did.
This team can beat Wisconsin but that’s no guarantee with this defense. I think that’s the bare minimum for this season to not be a total bust.
This is a typical Fleck team. Gets everyone's hopes up by beating some crappy non conference teams, then he has an unexpected win over a ranked team. But, his team loses a couple of games they should have won. Ends up with 6 or 7 wins. Goes to the Bed Bath & Beyond Bowl and blows out another 6 or 7 win team. Fleck then acts like he won the National Championship. The U then gives him more money. This is Gopher Football. Rinse and repeat.
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
This is a typical Fleck team. Gets everyone's hopes up by beating some crappy non conference teams, then he has an unexpected win over a ranked team. But, his team loses a couple of games they should have won. Ends up with 6 or 7 wins. Goes to the Bed Bath & Beyond Bowl and blows out another 6 or 7 win team. Fleck then acts like he won the National Championship. The U then gives him more money. This is Gopher Football. Rinse and repeat.
They will never be a MI, OSU, AL, GA whatever type team. They will always be middle class, especially now with NIL. Once in a while they might level up for a year (2019), but that's a rarity. That's just the reality of the landscape.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Yeah I don't know what anyone expects differently. Wisconsin had a nice run but never broke all the way through and now are struggling. Iowa has been way more consistent but iirc has done nothing in the CFP or whatever it's called. Both have far more NIL funding.
Not to mention Fleck's assistant coaches last I looked were LAST in the B1G for average salary.
So go ahead and replace Fleck and good luck. If the replacement could somehow inspire local businesses to ramp up donations I'm all for it.
Only way they should replace Fleck is if the resource$ surrounding the program vastly improve and the AD wants to take a risk. For now I tend to agree that you need to hope this QB improves and PJ can build a defense in one of the upcoming years. My expectations for gopher football are pretty low but it’d be nice to see it return to something like what we saw in 2019 rather than further backward.
This is a typical Fleck team. Gets everyone's hopes up by beating some crappy non conference teams, then he has an unexpected win over a ranked team. But, his team loses a couple of games they should have won. Ends up with 6 or 7 wins. Goes to the Bed Bath & Beyond Bowl and blows out another 6 or 7 win team. Fleck then acts like he won the National Championship. The U then gives him more money. This is Gopher Football. Rinse and repeat.
If the U were to let him go they would owe him a substantial buyout to terminate his contract. I fail to see how that action puts us in a better position to compete than we are in now. This point is even more crucial when you consider which jobs are open at the moment. I doubt people would be pleased to be behind LSU, Penn State, Florida, and potentially others as they look for head coaching candidates. PJ is not an alchemist. He can’t create gold from iron.
'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan
Coyle is NOT letting PJ go anytime soon. Who the Hell would be foolish enough to want the Gopher 🏈 HC job? This is a school where 🏈 head coach careers go to DIE. Guty, Wacker, Mason, Kill. PJ is as good of a HC as they are able to attract. End of sad Story!This is a typical Fleck team. Gets everyone's hopes up by beating some crappy non conference teams, then he has an unexpected win over a ranked team. But, his team loses a couple of games they should have won. Ends up with 6 or 7 wins. Goes to the Bed Bath & Beyond Bowl and blows out another 6 or 7 win team. Fleck then acts like he won the National Championship. The U then gives him more money. This is Gopher Football. Rinse and repeat.
If the U were to let him go they would owe him a substantial buyout to terminate his contract. I fail to see how that action puts us in a better position to compete than we are in now. This point is even more crucial when you consider which jobs are open at the moment. I doubt people would be pleased to be behind LSU, Penn State, Florida, and potentially others as they look for head coaching candidates. PJ is not an alchemist. He can’t create gold from iron.
This is a typical Fleck team. Gets everyone's hopes up by beating some crappy non conference teams, then he has an unexpected win over a ranked team. But, his team loses a couple of games they should have won. Ends up with 6 or 7 wins. Goes to the Bed Bath & Beyond Bowl and blows out another 6 or 7 win team. Fleck then acts like he won the National Championship. The U then gives him more money. This is Gopher Football. Rinse and repeat.
If the U were to let him go they would owe him a substantial buyout to terminate his contract. I fail to see how that action puts us in a better position to compete than we are in now. This point is even more crucial when you consider which jobs are open at the moment. I doubt people would be pleased to be behind LSU, Penn State, Florida, and potentially others as they look for head coaching candidates. PJ is not an alchemist. He can’t create gold from iron.
Nowhere in my post did I say fire him. I just pointed out this is what Gopher Football is. Year in and Year out. I just wish he would not lose games he should win every year. If he could pull off a year like Indiana, that would be great. I know what he is and what the high water mark is. Like I said. He is a 7 win coach. That is not horrible, but that is what he is. I also know they won't buy him out, and I hope they don't. The athletic dept can't afford to burn any cash at this point.
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
This is a typical Fleck team. Gets everyone's hopes up by beating some crappy non conference teams, then he has an unexpected win over a ranked team. But, his team loses a couple of games they should have won. Ends up with 6 or 7 wins. Goes to the Bed Bath & Beyond Bowl and blows out another 6 or 7 win team. Fleck then acts like he won the National Championship. The U then gives him more money. This is Gopher Football. Rinse and repeat.
If the U were to let him go they would owe him a substantial buyout to terminate his contract. I fail to see how that action puts us in a better position to compete than we are in now. This point is even more crucial when you consider which jobs are open at the moment. I doubt people would be pleased to be behind LSU, Penn State, Florida, and potentially others as they look for head coaching candidates. PJ is not an alchemist. He can’t create gold from iron.
Nowhere in my post did I say fire him. I just pointed out this is what Gopher Football is. Year in and Year out. I just wish he would not lose games he should win every year. If he could pull off a year like Indiana, that would be great. I know what he is and what the high water mark is. Like I said. He is a 7 win coach. That is not horrible, but that is what he is. I also know they won't buy him out, and I hope they don't. The athletic dept can't afford to burn any cash at this point.
Indiana has an estimated $13.6m in NIL for football. The only link I could find for Minnesota (reported back in January) estimated theirs to be at $2 to $2.5m, and as of December 2024, Indiana ranked 8th in the B1G for average assistant coach salaries while Minnesota was last.
btw Iowa has an estimated $9.6 for NIL and their assistance coaches had the 4th highest average salary.
Just a terrible decision by Fleck to go into this season with this kicker.
Darius Taylor to the house 49 yards!!!!!!!!
The TD run was on 3rd and 4. Fans love to criticize play calls on 3rd/4th downs that don't work but at times the playing calling by coaches works quite well. 😉
Lindsey to Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Nestor with two picks. The defense has forced three Badger turnovers.
Nothing better than a touchdown snow angel
Holy hell what a hit!

The Gopher D gets the 4th down stop and the BADgers turn it over on downs!!!!!!



