2026 World Juniors
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2026 World Juniors

308 Posts
40 Users
158 Reactions
12.7 K Views
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
Topic starter
 
[#404]

I got an email for the presale of group tickets. Looks like Canada isn't in USA's group this time and group A (USA) will play at the X while Group B (Canada) will play at Mariucci. Guessing that's based on seeding from last year but kinda annoying those two aren't in the same group. 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 7, 2025 1:18 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

I need to win the lottery.  Still 1500-1800 for a group plus medal round session pass. :/


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 7, 2025 7:27 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1382
Rep Pts: 4102
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

I need to win the lottery.  Still 1500-1800 for a group plus medal round session pass. :/

Funny I waited in the line, got bumped to the ticket booth, seen the price, and couldn’t get out of line fast enough.😂

 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Sat. Mar 8, 2025 12:34 am
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy
↑

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

I need to win the lottery.  Still 1500-1800 for a group plus medal round session pass. :/

Funny I waited in the line, got bumped to the ticket booth, seen the price, and couldn’t get out of line fast enough.😂

I'm with her. If I win the lottery, I'm definitely going, otherwise, have to hope to get a could single game Tix 

 


 
Posted : Sat. Mar 8, 2025 12:41 am
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1336
Rep Pts: 3598
Post on old board: 6782
 

I knew about this a couple weeks ago.  My boss was in on a conference call with local hockey organizations to open the discussion of this.  I guess Rochester came close to losing their games when they had a leak make it public.  Mankato is looking to have 2-3 games at the Civic Center.  I have not heard which teams will be here in Mankato though.  USA Hockey was in town last fall during a home series for the Mavs to look at the arena and hotel.  They liked the set up of the arena, hotel, and local restaurants for the teams and fans that will attend these games.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2025/3/12/general-mankato-named-as-host-community-for-pre-tournament-series-ahead-of-2026-iihf-world-junior-championship.aspx


I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 13, 2025 6:37 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

The USA schedule has been released.

https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/1938266048014479398


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Thu. Jun 26, 2025 11:56 am
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2391
Rep Pts: 5177
Post on old board: 12555
 

I am dropping some big hints for Christmas presents.  My Brother in Law is from Switzerland so I would expect to go to that game.

 

I'm also hoping for tickets vs Sweden.  And I'll start a secret stash for playoff tickets vs Canada.  I would also live to see a Canada game at Mariucci, but my guess is we will be invaded by Elsinore Beer-Drinking Hosers and the cost will be too high.


 
Posted : Thu. Jun 26, 2025 4:56 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

I’m surprised they don’t have Canada play their games at Xcel as well. Mariucci will sell out for all of Canada’s games. And would sell out or close to it for all of the games if they were played at Xcel. I look at it like the Gopher rule for Final 5. Ticket sales trump.


 
Posted : Thu. Jun 26, 2025 5:25 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

They just do it at the pool level.  All Group A games are at Xcel, Group B at Mariucci


 
Posted : Thu. Jun 26, 2025 8:46 pm
trixR4kids reacted
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1341835


 
Posted : Sun. Jun 29, 2025 7:40 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1942986500586532943


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Wed. Jul 9, 2025 1:49 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1343056


 
Posted : Wed. Jul 23, 2025 11:02 am



Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 807
Rep Pts: 3263
 

Is there any info on who is on the Blue and who is on the White team? We are thinking of going, but some of us can only handle 1 game in a day (not me) and I would rather watch the one with more Gophers on it.


 
Posted : Wed. Jul 23, 2025 12:33 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @boats
↑

Is there any info on who is on the Blue and who is on the White team? We are thinking of going, but some of us can only handle 1 game in a day (not me) and I would rather watch the one with more Gophers on it.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2025wjssstats

 

 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Jul 24, 2025 5:59 am
Boats reacted
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 807
Rep Pts: 3263
 

Posted by: @iceburg
↑

Posted by: @boats
↑

Is there any info on who is on the Blue and who is on the White team? We are thinking of going, but some of us can only handle 1 game in a day (not me) and I would rather watch the one with more Gophers on it.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2025wjssstats

 

 

 

 

Thank you!

 


 
Posted : Thu. Jul 24, 2025 7:55 am
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 807
Rep Pts: 3263
 

Also looks like Mason Moe got added to the teams. Nice


 
Posted : Thu. Jul 24, 2025 7:59 am
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

From USA Hockey:

We previously announced that Brock Faber and Jackson LaCombe will serve as alumni ambassadors for the U.S. during the WJSS. We’re pleased to share that Matthew Knies and Drew Helleson will also be serving as alumni ambassadors. Faber is expected to be on the ice for the USA Blue practice at 12 noon tomorrow and we will keep you apprised on the alumni ambassador schedule as it continues to be developed.


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Thu. Jul 24, 2025 8:46 pm
Slap Shot reacted
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

Here is post game video from all of the Gopher players.

 


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Jul 27, 2025 10:00 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

Fun watch - thanks for sharing. Ziemer sounds like quite the leader. Was Rombach on skates and Kvasnicka wasn't?


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 12:28 am
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Fun watch - thanks for sharing. Ziemer sounds like quite the leader. Was Rombach on skates and Kvasnicka wasn't?

Ziemer will have a C if he hangs around. Been a leader guys want to follow at every level. 

Rombach is a bigun’. 6’6”, giving him a seven inch advantage over Kvasnicka.

Obviously, Mooney is so little. His face even makes him seem 13. Kid can play, though, and his grin is infectious. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 12:35 am
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 807
Rep Pts: 3263
 

We went to the games yesterday. Here are my first impressions. 

 

Rombach is BIG. We saw him in the concourse after and he is all of the 6'6 they have him listed as. Skates well, closes the distance to the attack quickly. He said he was putting a lot of time in at the gym- I think that will serve him well. Didn't really throw his weight around as much as I hope he will when he gets more games in college.

 

Kvasnicka skates very well, he was not super noticeable on the ice in my opinion. Which isn't the worst thing. Some of the players were noticeably having a bad game- he was not. I think a year of development will be good for him

 

Mooney was incredible. From the first shift until the end he was in peoples faces making plays. Fast, not afraid to hit, incredible passing (see goal 1) and a super good snipe to get the second goal of the game. Kid can play.

 

Moe played good not great. Got beat on some puck battles that I feel he really shouldn't have. He did have a very quick shot though and was not afraid to sit in front of the goalie in those greasy areas which will serve him and the gophers well I think.

 

Also not a new player, but Whipple played very very well in my eyes. I was not super impressed (not unimpressed either) with him last year, but if this game is signs of things to come, I think he is going to be a bigger part of the team this year. He did take a nasty knee on knee at the end but still played the rest of the game so hopefully no injury there.

 

Overall it was a fun event. Got to see Knies and Lacombe again which was cool. Will definitely be watching some of the other games.


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 10:00 am
IDGopher
(@idgopher)
Rookie
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 18
Rep Pts: 23
 

How was the attendance either today or yesterday, or both?

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 4:10 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @idgopher
↑

How was the attendance either today or yesterday, or both?

 

I went yesterday. It was about like an early season women’s game against a weak nonconference opponent. $24.50 a ticket probably didn’t help.

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 5:09 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Were they selling any gear (Team USA jerseys, in particular)?


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 5:24 pm



Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

Posted by: @iceburg
↑

Posted by: @idgopher
↑

How was the attendance either today or yesterday, or both?

 

I went yesterday. It was about like an early season women’s game against a weak nonconference opponent. $24.50 a ticket probably didn’t help.

The last I heard for Sunday before the games started was just over 800 tickets sold for yesterday. This coming Saturday they have over 1000 sold so far.

 


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 5:28 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Were they selling any gear (Team USA jerseys, in particular)?

I didn’t notice that they were, but I wasn’t looking for it either. They were trying to peddle tournament ticket packages though.

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 5:48 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @iceburg
↑

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Were they selling any gear (Team USA jerseys, in particular)?

I didn’t notice that they were, but I wasn’t looking for it either. They were trying to peddle tournament ticket packages though.

Thanks

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 5:54 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/1949984128046117176?t=Bwa9KvZtxXjZc_5SXGAXpA&s=19


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Mon. Jul 28, 2025 7:16 pm
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

From a media breakfast this morning.

 


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Thu. Jul 31, 2025 2:45 pm
Slap Shot reacted
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

Post Game comments

 


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sat. Aug 2, 2025 11:07 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 949
Rep Pts: 3575
 

Posted by: @g-manpuck
↑

I knew about this a couple weeks ago.  My boss was in on a conference call with local hockey organizations to open the discussion of this.  I guess Rochester came close to losing their games when they had a leak make it public.  Mankato is looking to have 2-3 games at the Civic Center.  I have not heard which teams will be here in Mankato though.  USA Hockey was in town last fall during a home series for the Mavs to look at the arena and hotel.  They liked the set up of the arena, hotel, and local restaurants for the teams and fans that will attend these games.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2025/3/12/general-mankato-named-as-host-community-for-pre-tournament-series-ahead-of-2026-iihf-world-junior-championship.aspx

I grew up in Rochester; that town is constantly an embarrassment to the rest of Minnesota. Place is entirely run by the dumbest people and families on earth, I'm surprised they even got their act together long enough to get some prelim games.

If the morons on city council had just added 1,000 seats to the recent Mayo Civic Center renovations we'd probably have a regional hosted in MN every single year.


 
Posted : Sun. Aug 3, 2025 3:09 am
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

https://twitter.com/GopherPuckLive/status/1952109051506278475


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Aug 3, 2025 4:29 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

https://twitter.com/GopherPuckLive/status/1952109051506278475

 

Nailed it!  Great job.

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 4, 2025 7:59 am
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

Here is the audio...

https://gopherpucklive.com/audio/gpl-on-wcco-radio/


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 4, 2025 12:06 pm
Cowgirl and Slap Shot reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Great shirt!

image

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 4, 2025 7:01 pm
The Rube and Slap Shot reacted
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Great shirt!

@zwak sent the link to me last year. So I totally bought the shirt!


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 4, 2025 8:09 pm
Cowgirl and The Rube reacted



The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7556
Rep Pts: 12365
Post on old board: 35040
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Great shirt!

@zwak sent the link to me last year. So I totally bought the shirt!

 

If you can think of it, it's on the internet somewhere... 😉 

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 4, 2025 8:39 pm
gator reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

If you can think of it, it's on the internet somewhere... 😉 

🤔 🤣 😉 


Blazing Saddles GIF by WTEDRadio

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Tue. Aug 5, 2025 8:10 am
gator reacted
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

The Athletic project  Ziemer and Mooney as the Gophers who make Team USA.

https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/1952740703739736524


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Tue. Aug 5, 2025 2:51 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

Preliminary roster

https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/1995538517016150198


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Mon. Dec 1, 2025 12:06 pm
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 976
Rep Pts: 3000
Post on old board: 6069
 

They are having a BOGO promotion today for all World Junior tickets.  I know they're expensive, but this makes it much easier to stomach.  I know they've had trouble selling tickets, I wonder if we get closer what the cost will be.  Will they just give away tickets?


 
Posted : Mon. Dec 1, 2025 2:53 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2253
Rep Pts: 6823
 

Even Schlossman getting some subtle shots in on the Zellers snub. 

https://twitter.com/schlossmangf/status/1997326566645223651?s=46&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ


 
Posted : Sat. Dec 6, 2025 11:45 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

There is always going to be someone upset when a player is left of the roster. I remember a few years ago a Gopher player was left off and the Gopher fans were upset. I'm sure everyone is blaming Bob, but the decisions about players is made by a group of people. Like I've said before, players who go through the USA program usually get an advantage when teams are selected. 


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Sat. Dec 6, 2025 12:22 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Even Schlossman getting some subtle shots in on the Zellers snub. 

https://twitter.com/schlossmangf/status/1997326566645223651?s=46&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

 


Episode 2 Whatever GIF

 
Posted : Sat. Dec 6, 2025 12:44 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6380
Rep Pts: 17934
Post on old board: 9626
 

Zellers invited after all.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1998191965566091502


I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police

 
Posted : Mon. Dec 8, 2025 7:50 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2253
Rep Pts: 6823
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Zellers invited after all.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1998191965566091502

Lol @slap-shot.. 🤡 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Dec 8, 2025 7:57 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Zellers invited after all.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1998191965566091502

Lol @slap-shot.. 🤡 

 

What's the LOL? I was laughing at Schlossman not whether or not he deserved an invite. Plus I know the only reason you care is to find another reason to dig on Motzko.  

 


 
Posted : Mon. Dec 8, 2025 10:31 pm
Steve MN and Karlsson reacted
F Da Sue
(@f-da-sue)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 81
Rep Pts: 190
 

https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/1998438275716100335


 
Posted : Tue. Dec 9, 2025 12:06 pm



Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
 

@eric-vegoe will be at the World Juniors covering it for GPL. Should be very exciting! 


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Tue. Dec 9, 2025 12:56 pm
SkiUMahLaw, Rau 4 SkiUMah 2.0, Slap Shot and 3 people reacted
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
Topic starter
 

Does anyone have access to their tickets yet or are they waiting to do that? I bought them through the Grand Casino (Xcel) site but I don't think I ever got an email to the actual tickets or anything.


 
Posted : Tue. Dec 9, 2025 6:09 pm
Page 1 / 7

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad