“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fact MN didn't get called for PI on 4th & goal might be the most amazing thing from this game so far...seems we were ripe to get hosed.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is the O Line that bad? Ir do we try another guy at RB?
Both lines are that bad right now, D too. The O line can’t get push and Darius is getting contact behind the line of scrimmage.
in the reverse, our D line gets no push and therefore no pressure on the QB and we don’t get contact in the RB until the 2nd level.
So, maybe Taylor is rusty from injury but he had 67 receiving yards today so I think it’s more the line.
we may need to run all screen passes for awhile.
I agree with you 100% on the O line, but not quite as disenfranchised with the D line, although it has struggled at times.
I sure hope PJ can assemble some O talent to compliment Lindsey because he's the first QB they've had in decades that's good enough that several other B1G teams wish they had him.
is the O Line that bad? Ir do we try another guy at RB?
Both lines are that bad right now, D too. The O line can’t get push and Darius is getting contact behind the line of scrimmage.
in the reverse, our D line gets no push and therefore no pressure on the QB and we don’t get contact in the RB until the 2nd level.
So, maybe Taylor is rusty from injury but he had 67 receiving yards today so I think it’s more the line.
we may need to run all screen passes for awhile.
I agree with you 100% on the O line, but not quite as disenfranchised with the D line, although it has struggled at times.
I sure hope PJ can assemble some O talent to compliment Lindsey because he's the first QB they've had in decades that's good enough that several other B1G teams wish they had him.
I think Redding and Howard have underperformed this season a bit and Smith has been solid. After that, I don’t know that we’re seeing anything great (obviously given how stagnant our running game has become).
Interestingly, there are 17 OL on the roster and 22 DL. We’ve shuffled around the same 5 on the OL all season. Really curious if none of the other 12 could do something at least comparable?
So back in 1983 the Gophers lost to Nebraska 84-13 what a ugly outcome
I remember that game. It was a painful reminder of how far Minnesota was removed from real D1 college football.
I'd like to see Fleck get the team get back talent-wise to the year they beat Auburn. Losing to Ohio State was expected, but getting smoked felt like 1983 again. Being a competitive ranked team really changes everything.
So back in 1983 the Gophers lost to Nebraska 84-13 what a ugly outcome
I remember that game. It was a painful reminder of how far Minnesota was removed from real D1 college football.
I'd like to see Fleck get the team get back talent-wise to the year they beat Auburn. Losing to Ohio State was expected, but getting smoked felt like 1983 again. Being a competitive ranked team really changes everything.
My introduction to Gopher football was a 58-7 loss to MI. I guess that wasn’t terrible on the larger scheme of things. That was 1993 as I wasn’t born in MN and didn’t pay attention to the Gophers until high school.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MN may have sort of kinda got a way with a hold on a long third down conversion.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Gophers are now 5-2 (3-1 in the Big Ten). In the three Big Ten wins they have out scored their opponents 48-10 in the second half. #WearingTeamsDown
The rumors (spread most by Knebraska fans) of the corn's resurgence have been greatly exaggerated.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has been quite a bite of speculation that Nebraska's head coach Matt Rhule might end up at Penn State. That would be a nice job for PJ Fleck's son. 😉
"Storming the field" can make for a fun moment for kid #2
BTW he hasn't elaborated yet, but he said the Nebraska fans were something else. Far worse than any others he's encountered in 4 years, although he hasn't been to every game.
@slap-shot Nebraska fans were obnoxious and cocky until the 3rd quarter and then they got really quiet. And it was a lot of fun saying have a great night to them as they were filing out early. Really fun game. Did not see that coming after the Purdue game, but great to see.
"Storming the field" can make for a fun moment for kid #2
BTW he hasn't elaborated yet, but he said the Nebraska fans were something else. Far worse than any others he's encountered in 4 years, although he hasn't been to every game.
why did they storm the field? I know they beat Nebraska but they are not very good
My introduction to Gopher football was a 58-7 loss to MI. I guess that wasn’t terrible on the larger scheme of things. That was 1993 as I wasn’t born in MN and didn’t pay attention to the Gophers until high school.
I was at that game too...I was either in the press box with my dad or I got free tickets from my Middle School principle. I watched a lot of bad football in my day.
I was also at the game Bertogliat mentioned against WI at the Dome. I was sitting in that end zone. I walked back to campus after the game and posted on here from the Humphrey Center. That was the day I turned on Mason for good.
The 1993 MN-wi game at the dome was as much fun as I've ever had a Gopher football game.
Added bonus is the red team was having a Cinderella season and had steadily climbed in the rankings. Knowing we kept them from having any hope for a shot at a NC made the win even sweeter as the season progressed.
The 2017 beatdown of NE was also fun, I went with my brother-in-law and we had both been at the 1983 beatdown game (didn't know each other then) so absolutely curb stomping them was
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Storming the field" can make for a fun moment for kid #2
BTW he hasn't elaborated yet, but he said the Nebraska fans were something else. Far worse than any others he's encountered in 4 years, although he hasn't been to every game.
why did they storm the field? I know they beat Nebraska but they are not very good
I’m not a the biggest fan of storming the field. It has to be rare and special. Major upsets or monumental wins. I would put last night as a statement win. Nebraska was ranked #25, so it wasn’t a major upset. Though the win was statement. So I’ll give it a pass…