55 Reactions
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12893
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Seems like an early departure to me 😉 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4684

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2460

Posted by: @j22

Posted by: @upnorthkid

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

https://twitter.com/byscottpowers/status/1809270790866575625?s=42&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

also a bunch of rumors of them signing him and putting him in the AHL, which would be a major slap to MSU and their development of players

unless the kid can't handle the school work,  that's a terrible idea. 

well he signed. Let’s see where he ends up at. Won’t be surprised if it’s AHL as their gm has said a bunch of times he wanted him to develop in house. Would envision this means it’s 3 years of college for sure for Rinzel

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 510

https://twitter.com/byscottpowers/status/1809270790866575625?s=42&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

also a bunch of rumors of them signing him and putting him in the AHL, which would be a major slap to MSU and their development of players

well he signed. Let’s see where he ends up at. Won’t be surprised if it’s AHL as their gm has said a bunch of times he wanted him to develop in house. Would envision this means it’s 3 years of college for sure for Rinzel

Davidson’s quote was interesting, “gives the opportunity to develop him in house”

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7706

I would imagine the Blackhawks make a big push for Rinzel after this upcoming season. Gotta remember he was drafted after his junior year of high school so that would be three years post draft (1 in juniors, 2 in college). First round picks rarely stay unsigned after 3 seasons. Teams don’t wanna risk their high draft pick becoming a free agent. Ryan Johnson was a rarity. 

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

I look at his path to the NHL a bit different. IIRC, he wanted to play in the CHL, but they didn't allow Russian or Belarusian players in their draft, so he opted for the USHL. He then chose college for a year.  I think as a high end foreign player he wanted to get to the NHL asap, so I'm not shocked he opted to sign and get money in his pocket now. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1277
Post on old board: 5547

So where will Tennessee State be playing conference games? I bet it’s the Nacho conference 

Aloha!

ReplyQuote

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

I would imagine the Blackhawks make a big push for Rinzel after this upcoming season. Gotta remember he was drafted after his junior year of high school so that would be three years post draft (1 in juniors, 2 in college). First round picks rarely stay unsigned after 3 seasons. Teams don’t wanna risk their high draft pick becoming a free agent. Ryan Johnson was a rarity. 

they have his rights until 30 days after he decides he's "done" with college. so if he comes back, they still have his rights until he says he's done. the bigger push will come after jr year as they don't want him to go through his senior year then just wait and become a free agent. 

ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2119
Post on old board: 5631

they have his rights until 30 days after he decides he's "done" with college. so if he comes back, they still have his rights until he says he's done. the bigger push will come after jr year as they don't want him to go through his senior year then just wait and become a free agent. 

That "push" will come after this season. If he plays his junior season, he can go wherever he wants after that.

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

That "push" will come after this season. If he plays his junior season, he can go wherever he wants after that.

from my understanding, this has changed in NCAA hockey in that they retain their rights until after he is done (expired all eligibility), not 4 years from draft date as an incentive to finishing college for guys. 

ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden

from my understanding, this has changed in NCAA hockey in that they retain their rights until after he is done (expired all eligibility), not 4 years from draft date as an incentive to finishing college for guys. 

Do you have a source for that?  This is what I am going off of-

https://www.capfriendly.com/reserve-list-faq#college-drafted

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

it's the same. The key is the 4th year of eligibility/year he was in college. He didn't play initially after he was drafted so his college eligibility clock didn't start until then (this is my understanding) and the exclusive rights do not trigger until after this (see under the exclusive rights retained that it is "the later of". I guess in technicality, I do not know when he enrolled, so that could be different. Given that, they'll have his rights through 2026 and would be the only team able to "burn a year" on his contract (because he will be a student through spring semester). 

They may press it, but i'd still guess he signs right after the season ends after his junior year to burn a year off his ELC while getting higher quality minutes than he would after jumping after this season. 

ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden

it's the same. The key is the 4th year of eligibility/year he was in college. He didn't play initially after he was drafted so his college eligibility clock didn't start until then (this is my understanding) and the exclusive rights do not trigger until after this (see under the exclusive rights retained that it is "the later of". I guess in technicality, I do not know when he enrolled, so that could be different. Given that, they'll have his rights through 2026 and would be the only team able to "burn a year" on his contract (because he will be a student through spring semester). 

They may press it, but i'd still guess he signs right after the season ends after his junior year to burn a year off his ELC while getting higher quality minutes than he would after jumping after this season. 

It's the 2nd scenario in the link above. If a player leaves before he's in his 4th year of college the team retains his rights for 4 years.

I don't believe that there's any scenario where a team holds a North American players draft rights for more than 4 years.

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

It's the 2nd scenario in the link above. If a player leaves before he's in his 4th year of college the team retains his rights for 4 years.

I don't believe that there's any scenario where a team holds a North American players draft rights for more than 4 years.

i believe they hold his rights until at least June(though my interpretation is August, but I may be misunderstanding) in that scenario though. Which again then either way they’re the only ones who can offer the year to burn. Add on top their blue line is pretty loaded at the nhl level in terms of contracts (not necessarily skill) and I’m still expecting he’s here until after his jr year with an immediate signing after he finishes. That is a huge bargaining chip to be able to burn the year

that said, he has a big growth year and a great season, then yeah they may press it further and take him now if he looks more ready but everything they’ve said is he’s a long term project to their organization 

ReplyQuote

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden

i believe they hold his rights until at least June(though my interpretation is August, but I may be misunderstanding) in that scenario though. Which again then either way they’re the only ones who can offer the year to burn. Add on top their blue line is pretty loaded at the nhl level in terms of contracts (not necessarily skill) and I’m still expecting he’s here until after his jr year with an immediate signing after he finishes. That is a huge bargaining chip to be able to burn the year

that said, he has a big growth year and a great season, then yeah they may press it further and take him now if he looks more ready but everything they’ve said is he’s a long term project to their organization 

I'm pretty sure that the "buying a year" is irrelevant in Rinzel's case. He can sign a 3 year ELC with Chicago and burn a year, or he can wait a month and sign a 2 year ELC with whatever team he chooses. Ultimately it comes down to what Rinzel wants to do, but if Chicago lets him get to his junior year, they lose all of their leverage.

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1277
Post on old board: 5547

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5435
Post on old board: 15786

I'm pretty sure that the "buying a year" is irrelevant in Rinzel's case. He can sign a 3 year ELC with Chicago and burn a year, or he can wait a month and sign a 2 year ELC with whatever team he chooses. Ultimately it comes down to what Rinzel wants to do, but if Chicago lets him get to his junior year, they lose all of their leverage.

I think we should keep quoting the same thing over and over and over making this even more difficult to read.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

max27t reacted
ReplyQuote
Koho
 Koho
(@koho)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 345

Posted by: @jupiter

I think we should keep quoting the same thing over and over and over making this even more difficult to read.

I'm in!  I'll do my part.....(or was that sarcasm???)

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 510

McGroarty rumor mill.  He didn’t go to Jets camp.  Hope he gets traded and leaves before the season.  Contrast this with the article that just came out with Snuggy and the Blues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/1e02mjk/winnipeg_sports_talk_a_trade_for_rutger_mcgroarty/

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4238
Post on old board: 12555

Somebody thinks he's special... 

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 92

@bertogliat he is special

ReplyQuote

Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1344

Posted by: @boninthebear

McGroarty rumor mill.  He didn’t go to Jets camp.  Hope he gets traded and leaves before the season.  Contrast this with the article that just came out with Snuggy and the Blues.

I think Snuggy surprised the Blues by staying the extra year and all the quotes say they expect him to be ready at the end of the upcoming season to sign and be ready to contribute. McGroarty wants to sign now and thinks he is ready to play in the NHL. A big difference there and Rutger could be a bit of distraction at Michigan this season.

I do really like Rutger's ability as a college player though.

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 92

@eric-vegoe 

Do you like him as a pro prospect?

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7565
Post on old board: 18942

Posted by: @jankwi01

@bertogliat he is special

There he is.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/BruinsBenders/status/1811868746547712024

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

It allows Augie in 1 year earlier than expected. 

https://twitter.com/CCHAHockey/status/1813227137211494844

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7706

Thought people on here would get a chuckle from this

https://twitter.com/hvhorizonspsu/status/1813285363244319132?s=46&t=AvtsG2WfNuGRyXzbYJqB7g

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4910
Post on old board: 10695

Two good teams = toughest non-con ever?

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4238
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @steve-mn

Alaska

Quinnipiac

Army

Canisius

Other than QU, who is the other "good team?"

upnorthkid reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4910
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @bertogliat

Posted by: @steve-mn

Alaska

Quinnipiac

Army

Canisius

Other than QU, who is the other "good team?"

From the tweet itself, Maine

DOH!   Just realized the tweet was from QU, not PSU

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7565
Post on old board: 18942

I'm so confused.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7598
Post on old board: 10120

So is this the kitties admitting they have tended toward the easiest of OOC teams if they consider this to be one of their toughest schedules? 😬😂

ReplyQuote
JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 335

If you look at the embedded message, QU has a pretty tough non-con schedule (Maine, UNH, NE, PSU?).  But PSUs schedule is a joke, and somewhat comparable to the Gopher non-con the last few years.  QU is the only tough team they will face...

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @joegopher

If you look at the embedded message, QU has a pretty tough non-con schedule (Maine, UNH, NE, PSU?).  But PSUs schedule is a joke, and somewhat comparable to the Gopher non-con the last few years.  QU is the only tough team they will face...

QU needs to play that OOC schedule because the ECAC is ass

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5