2024 NCAA Hockey Of...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2024 NCAA Hockey Off-Season

295 Posts
51 Users
78 Reactions
17.8 K Views
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Something smells as his assistants resigned as well. Especially with one of the top recruiting classes ( on paper ) coming in this fall. Conflict with the AD or the President? The portal will no doubt be an active place for players from there next spring. 

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 4:05 pm
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 408
Rep Pts: 1397
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Something smells as his assistants resigned as well. Especially with one of the top recruiting classes ( on paper ) coming in this fall. Conflict with the AD or the President? The portal will no doubt be an active place for players from there next spring. 

 

 

Didn’t they have a massive portal exodus this offseason?

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 4:53 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@boninthebear 

Yes they did. They are bringing in a huge class with a lot of talented freshman. It will be interesting to see where those kids end up going.


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 6:02 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @boninthebear
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Something smells as his assistants resigned as well. Especially with one of the top recruiting classes ( on paper ) coming in this fall. Conflict with the AD or the President? The portal will no doubt be an active place for players from there next spring. 

 

 

Didn’t they have a massive portal exodus this offseason?

 

They did, but 6 players with 1 year left are in the portal. The biggest losses are both goalies, but they have 2 coming in. They had 27 non goalies on the roster last year, compared to the Gophers had 22, so they may have been a bit roster heavy. 

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 6:07 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

A couple of notes from Mike McMahon about NMU. 

St. Cloud associate head coach Dave Shyiak is the obvious No. 1 candidate.

NMU forward Michael Mesic entered the transfer portal on Wednesday. He became the first player to hit the portal after the coaching change. Rising junior Connor Eddy followed a few hours later.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/1800549022694003054


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. Jun 13, 2024 12:10 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@frozen4champs 

Would we be interested in the incoming goalie their? I believe he is a Minnesota kid.


 
Posted : Fri. Jun 14, 2024 8:16 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@frozen4champs 

Would we be interested in the incoming goalie their? I believe he is a Minnesota kid.

Slukynsky? I mean I’d take him, there’s just no room now

 


 
Posted : Sat. Jun 15, 2024 7:56 am
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@upnorthkid 

Yes that kid. I think he could be a big time player.


 
Posted : Sat. Jun 15, 2024 9:19 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Sounds like he will not go to NMU anymore. Will he end up in Grand Forks?

https://twitter.com/TheNMUYB/status/1802746917853462858


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 1:01 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Sounds like he will not go to NMU anymore. Will he end up in Grand Forks?

https://twitter.com/TheNMUYB/status/1802746917853462858

they have 3 goalies rostered and one committed already

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 1:55 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Sounds like he will not go to NMU anymore. Will he end up in Grand Forks?

https://twitter.com/TheNMUYB/status/1802746917853462858

they have 3 goalies rostered and one committed already

 

I figured he is a Warroad kid and played for Fargo in the USHL and my guess is that he would eventually end up with the Whioux. I know it's late, so I guess he could go back to the USHL this year and then find a school.

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 2:18 pm



Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 985
Rep Pts: 3035
Post on old board: 6069
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Sounds like he will not go to NMU anymore. Will he end up in Grand Forks?

https://twitter.com/TheNMUYB/status/1802746917853462858

they have 3 goalies rostered and one committed already

 

I figured he is a Warroad kid and played for Fargo in the USHL and my guess is that he would eventually end up with the Whioux. I know it's late, so I guess he could go back to the USHL this year and then find a school.

 

Not to be rude, but if the choice we between Slukinsky for two to four years and Souliere for one, I’d take Slukinsky. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 3:06 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@frozen4champs 

Would he look at Notre Dame or Michigan? Those schools could really use him.


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 3:36 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Posted by: @snowcool08
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Sounds like he will not go to NMU anymore. Will he end up in Grand Forks?

https://twitter.com/TheNMUYB/status/1802746917853462858

they have 3 goalies rostered and one committed already

 

I figured he is a Warroad kid and played for Fargo in the USHL and my guess is that he would eventually end up with the Whioux. I know it's late, so I guess he could go back to the USHL this year and then find a school.

 

Not to be rude, but if the choice we between Slukinsky for two to four years and Souliere for one, I’d take Slukinsky. 

 

Idk what Bob promised Souliere but I agree with this wholeheartedly. That kind of shafts Souliere though which wouldn’t be a great look for the coaching staff. If he was brought in to be a backup though might as well be a 3rd string🤷‍♂️

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 3:45 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Sounds like he will not go to NMU anymore. Will he end up in Grand Forks?

https://twitter.com/TheNMUYB/status/1802746917853462858

they have 3 goalies rostered and one committed already

 

I figured he is a Warroad kid and played for Fargo in the USHL and my guess is that he would eventually end up with the Whioux. I know it's late, so I guess he could go back to the USHL this year and then find a school.

 

the path back to USHL feels like what i'd expect him to do. which if he's willing and tBob is interested (he should be), i'd take him in a heartbeat in that scenario.

as far as him vs Souliere, would worry me a little coming into the year with only Airey rostered having played in games, with that being 1 start and 2 times in mop up duty. Especially when you're looking at a roster that should have the opportunity to compete for a national title this year

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 4:33 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

lots of steam towards the blackhawks taking Levshunov, which if it happens, I would be shocked if he comes back. 

 

also regarding the comment on the hawks pushing to sign rinze at the end of the yearl, thought the rule was changed so they retain rights until they finish college then 30 more days?


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 4:46 pm
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 1277
Rep Pts: 4001
Post on old board: 5631
 

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

lots of steam towards the blackhawks taking Levshunov, which if it happens, I would be shocked if he comes back. 

 

also regarding the comment on the hawks pushing to sign rinze at the end of the yearl, thought the rule was changed so they retain rights until they finish college then 30 more days?

It's a a little of both. Rinzel can become a UFA 4 years after he was drafted. After his junior season in his scenario. If he were to come back for his senior year, then Chicago would retain his rights until the summer after that season. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 5:02 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

@j22 

Thanks for explaining I never quite understood that part since it’s different with college players than everyone else 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 5:08 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

Who leads right now for Hampton Slukynsky?


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 9:48 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

We'll Help You Legally Change Your Name University.  


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 17, 2024 11:42 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@slap-shot 

What's that?


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 18, 2024 8:30 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Tennessee State University to begin D1 program as an independent in 2025-26 season:

https://tsutigers.com/sports/2023/6/27/HockeyFAQ.aspx

They'll be working with the Preds and the city of Nashville on an arena.


 
Posted : Fri. Jun 21, 2024 5:56 pm



College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

Are they going to play Kentucky?

s l400

 
Posted : Fri. Jun 21, 2024 7:45 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Who had Tennessee State adding Div I hockey before....


 
Posted : Sat. Jun 22, 2024 3:51 am
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2195
Rep Pts: 4086
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Who had Tennessee State adding Div I hockey before....


Doug Collins Impeachment GIF

 


 
Posted : Sat. Jun 22, 2024 5:06 am
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Yesterday’s 32 Thoughts podcast mentioned that Rutger McGroarty is on the trading block.

I have a suspicion he might turn professional this summer if he is traded to a weaker NHL roster.  


 
Posted : Sun. Jun 23, 2024 10:02 pm
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2402
Rep Pts: 5188
Post on old board: 12555
 

Posted by: @iceburg
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Who had Tennessee State adding Div I hockey before....


Doug Collins Impeachment GIF

 

I had never heard of Tennessee State University before.  I see it is an HBCU.  

I think it’s great to expend into new markets.  The Nashville area seems to be pretty rabid for the sports so it’s great to add TN St.  

 

It’s interesting that teams we would expect to add hockey, like Illinois, Iowa, etc don’t pull the trigger and then out of the blue we get a school like Tennessee State or Stonehill or Lindenwood pop up at the D1 level.

 

Does anyone know if Tennessee State had a DIII team or is this just new and random?

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 1:30 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

New and random as far as I can tell.  They've been Division I-AA/FCS since at least 1981


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 2:02 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

https://twitter.com/NDCoachJackson/status/1805337845839921389


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 5:26 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Nothing against Jackson, his success as a coach is well documented, but I’ve always thought if Notre Dame got a young new coach in there they could really become a player on the national scene. More so than they are right now.

I bet they could recruit on par with the Michigans/Minnesotas/Bostons of the world if they got over their defensive lull systems.


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 5:45 pm
Steve MN reacted
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@maroon_and_gold 

I'm not sure I agree. Outside of the past 2 years they actually had a fair number of above average offenses. 21-22, 17-18, and 18-19 they all had pretty good offenses. I think he just hasn't hit on guys the way he did earlier. They were a really young team last year maybe they will come back. He always does well with goalies. 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 6:08 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@maroon_and_gold 

I'm not sure I agree. Outside of the past 2 years they actually had a fair number of above average offenses. 21-22, 17-18, and 18-19 they all had pretty good offenses. I think he just hasn't hit on guys the way he did earlier. They were a really young team last year maybe they will come back. He always does well with goalies. 

Not at all saying they’re bad right now. They’ve had good teams over the years. All I’m saying is I think they’re scratching the surface of what that program COULD be.

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 7:40 pm
Viking
(@viking)
Micheletti Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 407
Rep Pts: 662
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@maroon_and_gold 

I'm not sure I agree. Outside of the past 2 years they actually had a fair number of above average offenses. 21-22, 17-18, and 18-19 they all had pretty good offenses. I think he just hasn't hit on guys the way he did earlier. They were a really young team last year maybe they will come back. He always does well with goalies. 

They were most definitely not a young team last year. A few of us were in South Bend watching the Gophers for senior night. Over half of the team was seniors/grads. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 9:23 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @viking
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@maroon_and_gold 

I'm not sure I agree. Outside of the past 2 years they actually had a fair number of above average offenses. 21-22, 17-18, and 18-19 they all had pretty good offenses. I think he just hasn't hit on guys the way he did earlier. They were a really young team last year maybe they will come back. He always does well with goalies. 

They were most definitely not a young team last year. A few of us were in South Bend watching the Gophers for senior night. Over half of the team was seniors/grads. 

They almost filled up the bench, even with the younger players waiting out on the ice.

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jun 24, 2024 9:28 pm



Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@viking 8 freshmen were getting significant minutes. I would say that is a lot.


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 25, 2024 8:34 am
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@viking 8 freshmen were getting significant minutes. I would say that is a lot.

Yeah, they'll be okay in a couple years again maybe, but with very few sophomores and juniors with all those freshman and seniors, it's an odd roster makeup.

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 25, 2024 8:38 am
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@steve-mn yes I do not think they have done a great job with roster management. I think they will struggle without Ryan Bischel


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 25, 2024 8:48 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1805714344656699428


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Jun 25, 2024 6:37 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Yesterday’s 32 Thoughts podcast mentioned that Rutger McGroarty is on the trading block.

I have a suspicion he might turn professional this summer if he is traded to a weaker NHL roster.  

Rutger had another segment on the most recent 32 Thoughts podcast. They seem nearly certain he will be traded. Sounds like he wants to be a pro. I have a hard time believing he will be on campus in the fall. 

 


 
Posted : Wed. Jun 26, 2024 11:24 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Great news for us


 
Posted : Thu. Jun 27, 2024 6:14 am
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Yesterday’s 32 Thoughts podcast mentioned that Rutger McGroarty is on the trading block.

I have a suspicion he might turn professional this summer if he is traded to a weaker NHL roster.  

Rutger had another segment on the most recent 32 Thoughts podcast. They seem nearly certain he will be traded. Sounds like he wants to be a pro. I have a hard time believing he will be on campus in the fall. 

 

 I’m sure when you start seeing all your buddies with extra cash to splash while you’re golfing in the summer it hits a little harder that you’re coming back to Ann Arbor

 


 
Posted : Thu. Jun 27, 2024 7:07 am
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 1277
Rep Pts: 4001
Post on old board: 5631
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Yesterday’s 32 Thoughts podcast mentioned that Rutger McGroarty is on the trading block.

I have a suspicion he might turn professional this summer if he is traded to a weaker NHL roster.  

Rutger had another segment on the most recent 32 Thoughts podcast. They seem nearly certain he will be traded. Sounds like he wants to be a pro. I have a hard time believing he will be on campus in the fall. 

 

Russo tweeted that the Wild are showing a lot of interest in McGroarty

 


 
Posted : Fri. Jun 28, 2024 6:23 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

A possible look in the future of UW's clothing contract.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1807894376372154383


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Mon. Jul 1, 2024 5:01 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

https://twitter.com/byscottpowers/status/1809270790866575625?s=42&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

also a bunch of rumors of them signing him and putting him in the AHL, which would be a major slap to MSU and their development of players

 


 
Posted : Fri. Jul 5, 2024 7:11 pm
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 1277
Rep Pts: 4001
Post on old board: 5631
 

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

https://twitter.com/byscottpowers/status/1809270790866575625?s=42&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

also a bunch of rumors of them signing him and putting him in the AHL, which would be a major slap to MSU and their development of players

 

unless the kid can't handle the school work,  that's a terrible idea. 

 


 
Posted : Sat. Jul 6, 2024 11:28 am
Jankwi01 reacted



futuregopherdad
(@futuregopherdad)
Lucia Level
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 39
Rep Pts: 119
 

 Celebrini signs and Gridin signs which ensures he’s not going to Mich if there was any remaining doubt


 
Posted : Sat. Jul 6, 2024 4:33 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
 

Posted by: @futuregopherdad
↑

 Celebrini signs and Gridin signs which ensures he’s not going to Mich if there was any remaining doubt

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/40509370/sharks-sign-macklin-celebrini-entry-level-contract

 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Sat. Jul 6, 2024 5:27 pm
Page 4 / 6

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad