Team USA needs to tighten up the D. Too many chances for breakaways for Germany. Luckily they can't capitalize on it.
I am excited for the week ahead!
Sloppy so far the the second. Not surprising to see Germany score.
Need to get some fire
Relatively easy win, Germany got a favorable bounce on their third goal to spring an odd man rush but was mostly USA from there on.
Made it to Mariucci by the first period break of the Canada Czechia game. It has been a long time since I have been here. I still love this arena.
If Canada loses, this will be cited as a reason why. How unfortunate that they have to walk a minute to get to the ice.
https://twitter.com/bardown/status/2004744343773716549?s=46
Should have finished higher in their group. Finland’s walk is easy.
Luka Radivojevic plays D for Slovakia. The TSN pregame announcer stated that Luka was born in Edeena Minnesota when his father was playing for the Wild. I got a kick out of that!
Actually wish Luka was playing for the Gophers. He's currently with BC.
Luka Radivojevic plays D for Slovakia. The TSN pregame announcer stated that Luka was born in Edeena Minnesota when his father was playing for the Wild. I got a kick out of that!
Actually wish Luka was playing for the Gophers. He's currently with BC.
There’s been some interesting pronunciations.
USA is coached by Bobby Motz-cow. 😂
I stopped out at the World Juniors shop at the MOA today. Very underwhelming variety of merchandise but what they did have was not outrageously expensive. I got a long sleeve tee for $35.
Is the merch also available at both arenas? Now that prices are what they SHOULD have been we’re going to go to a game.I stopped out at the World Juniors shop at the MOA today. Very underwhelming variety of merchandise but what they did have was not outrageously expensive. I got a long sleeve tee for $35.
Dorothy: Who’s that?
Scarecrow: A man with an axe and a can of lube. I’ll ask if he wants to join us.
Bobby!? That’s hilarious 🤣Luka Radivojevic plays D for Slovakia. The TSN pregame announcer stated that Luka was born in Edeena Minnesota when his father was playing for the Wild. I got a kick out of that!
Actually wish Luka was playing for the Gophers. He's currently with BC.
There’s been some interesting pronunciations.
USA is coached by Bobby Motz-cow. 😂
Dorothy: Who’s that?
Scarecrow: A man with an axe and a can of lube. I’ll ask if he wants to join us.
Is the merch also available at both arenas? Now that prices are what they SHOULD have been we’re going to go to a game.I stopped out at the World Juniors shop at the MOA today. Very underwhelming variety of merchandise but what they did have was not outrageously expensive. I got a long sleeve tee for $35.
There is a shop at fan fest, different stuff than what’s at MOA. They had jerseys and already sold out of them. Not sure what’s in the arena.
And yeah we got screwed big time buying tickets in advance. Friends paid a third of what we did for tickets today a row in front of us. 🤬
ZIEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that it matters, but it looks like USA is considered the away team per the on-screen scoreboard, but are wearing whites. Is the scoreboard 'wrong' or is the WJC like the NHL with the home team wearing dark?
anyone know what the delay was after the Swiss goal?
Prays out for Cole Hutson.
I am probably in the minority here but give me Dave Starman on the mic over Tony Granato.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am probably in the minority here but give me Dave Starman on the mic over Tony Granato.
I'm somewhat indifferent on that choice, but I also like Starman. When he first emerged into our lives he annoyed me quite a bit, but I think he's improved a lot since then.
anyone know what the delay was after the Swiss goal?
No. Even Vegoe was unsure per twitter.
Broadcast said that since Hutson was taken away via ambulance, they had to wait for another ambulance to arrive at the arena. Can’t play any game without one on site.
I am probably in the minority here but give me Dave Starman on the mic over Tony Granato.
Anyone who calls more games would be appreciated. They’re just out here shooting the shit. Excited when they get an ad read correct. It’s a bit embarrassing.
I am probably in the minority here but give me Dave Starman on the mic over Tony Granato.
Anyone who calls more games would be appreciated. They’re just out here shooting the shit. Excited when they get an ad read correct. It’s a bit embarrassing.
It really is an amateur effort.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZIEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that it matters, but it looks like USA is considered the away team per the on-screen scoreboard, but are wearing whites. Is the scoreboard 'wrong' or is the WJC like the NHL with the home team wearing dark?
pretty sure whites are considered away, also considering how the teams are listed on the schedule.
I just bought us a pair of tickets to Wednesday game USA vs Sweden: $77 total, including TM fees. We were happy with that, especially considering it was a US game. Original prices were outrageous.Is the merch also available at both arenas? Now that prices are what they SHOULD have been we’re going to go to a game.I stopped out at the World Juniors shop at the MOA today. Very underwhelming variety of merchandise but what they did have was not outrageously expensive. I got a long sleeve tee for $35.
There is a shop at fan fest, different stuff than what’s at MOA. They had jerseys and already sold out of them. Not sure what’s in the arena.
And yeah we got screwed big time buying tickets in advance. Friends paid a third of what we did for tickets today a row in front of us. 🤬
Dorothy: Who’s that?
Scarecrow: A man with an axe and a can of lube. I’ll ask if he wants to join us.
I just bought us a pair of tickets to Wednesday game USA vs Sweden: $77 total, including TM fees. We were happy with that, especially considering it was a US game. Original prices were outrageous.Is the merch also available at both arenas? Now that prices are what they SHOULD have been we’re going to go to a game.I stopped out at the World Juniors shop at the MOA today. Very underwhelming variety of merchandise but what they did have was not outrageously expensive. I got a long sleeve tee for $35.
There is a shop at fan fest, different stuff than what’s at MOA. They had jerseys and already sold out of them. Not sure what’s in the arena.
And yeah we got screwed big time buying tickets in advance. Friends paid a third of what we did for tickets today a row in front of us. 🤬
Patience paid off. we paid $174 apiece to sit in club. :/
(for the NYE game)
Original prices were outrageous.
This. Not sure what the strategy was, if there was one beyond a gouge attempt, but initial packages and single game tickets were ridiculously overpriced.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 SOG so far for both teams in the 3rd with less than 5 minutes left.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This seems encouraging.
https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/2005111967674249508?s=20
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I kinda thought tickets were going to sell out based on what people said here but clearly that was mistaken. I couldn’t sell my ticket lower bowl by the red line for $100 today so I went. I have to sell the Sweden game since I’ll be out of town and hopefully get some of my money back for that one.Original prices were outrageous.This. Not sure what the strategy was, if there was one beyond a gouge attempt, but initial packages and single game tickets were ridiculously overpriced.
USA is coached by Bobby Motz-cow.
Tony Granato sounds so dejected whenever he begrudgingly applauds Bob in this year’s tourney. He’s probably having constant traumatic flashbacks to all those 13-goal weekends by the Gophs at Mariucci when he was behind the Badgers bench.
Or an 11-3 weekend at Madison in early 2018. I can still remember a GPLer (that doesn't really post much any more) yelling out "Why haven't we scored again yet?!?!?!?" late in the 3rd and a nearby BADger fan turned back to say "Isn't seven goals enough for you?" with a little chuckle in his tone.USA is coached by Bobby Motz-cow.
Tony Granato sounds so dejected whenever he begrudgingly applauds Bob in this year’s tourney. He’s probably having constant traumatic flashbacks to all those 13-goal weekends by the Gophs at Mariucci when he was behind the Badgers bench.
The consensus was "no, that's not enough"
One, seven, we want more! 🤣Or an 11-3 weekend at Madison in early 2018. I can still remember a GPLer (that doesn't really post much any more) yelling out "Why haven't we scored again yet?!?!?!?" late in the 3rd and a nearby BADger fan turned back to say "Isn't seven goals enough for you?" with a little chuckle in his tone.USA is coached by Bobby Motz-cow.
Tony Granato sounds so dejected whenever he begrudgingly applauds Bob in this year’s tourney. He’s probably having constant traumatic flashbacks to all those 13-goal weekends by the Gophs at Mariucci when he was behind the Badgers bench.
The consensus was "no, that's not enough"
Another pro tip - don’t pay in advance for parking at Mariucci. Also charged more online than at the gate. 🙄
Latvia with 7 shots for the game against the Finns. Woof.
It was an absolute clinic by Finland, complete control almost from the word go. By about the five minute mark of the first, Latvia basically wasnt able to do anything.Latvia with 7 shots for the game against the Finns. Woof.
1) CZE manager is wearing shorts behind the bench.
2) A game like FIN/CZE has to a bit comical with the trash talking. No one understands each other.
Slovakia up 2-0 with 0.16 xG is pretty yikes 😬 (at least that’s what the scoreboard shows, might be backwards?).
Bob must’ve kicked the can between the 1st and 2nd here
Tied 3-3 now in 2nd period
4-4 after 2.
USA looked a lot better that period. Finally looked faster than Slovakia.
Still some things to clean up but definitely showing a spark that was lacking in the first.
Ziemer sets up Zellers for an easy wide open goal that happened to go in off Will's skate when he tried to stop to tap it in.
In the 3rd period Ziemer has two assists and Mooney has one assist.
USA up 6-4 four and half minutes into the 3rd.
Shots on goal
USA 37
Slovakia 20
A nice win without their best player Cole Hudson.
Slovakia has played both Sweden and USA to one goal games. Sweden scored the game winner with under 4 minutes left in regulation.
Slovaks flopping around like a walleye on opening day and it wasn’t our cleanest game but the boys got it done and we’re on to Sweden!
I’ll take it! Rough start and the Switzerland game had me questioning this team a bit but glad to see the offense wake up. Might wanna play the other goalie next game but idk a ton about either of these guys admittedly.
McCanada with a hat trick against Denmark. Canadia almost had more goals than Denmark had shots. They were doing the wave near the end of the game too. 🤦♀️
Both the USA - Sweden and Canada - Finland games are going to be good ones on NYE!
Moved message to the Wild thread where I attended it to be.
Ziemer sets up Zellers for an easy wide open goal that happened to go in off Will's skate when he tried to stop to tap it in.
In the 3rd period Ziemer has two assists and Mooney has one assist.
USA up 6-4 four and half minutes into the 3rd.
Shots on goal
USA 37
Slovakia 20
Seems like there’s always a couple players that springboard out of this tournament to up their play, let’s hope it’s Ziemer this year.


