(For those of US that care ) The POHLAD owned Twins have now taken the first TWO games against the FIRST PLACE BRAVES.
yep! My sister, who lived in st.paul for quite awhile and went to about 40 games a year back in the pucket era and brother in law just flew in from South Carolina for the weekend and were at the game tonight. Pretty sure who owns the twins had little to do with their plan and boy to they support! Club seats and 50.00 drinks.😂
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
The POHLAD Twins complete the SWEEP of the Braves.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Yes it’s a sweep of the first place braves! 🧹
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pretty impressive lineup/payroll for Atlanta to come out of here empty. Just sayin 🧹😉
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/_/year/2026
thought this payroll list was worth a peek just for grins. Pretty interesting records that tell their own stories.😁😉
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
If you rhyme with "ets" you are going to suck because you simply cannot sportsball.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
1991 twins payroll ranked 15th braves 19th.
1987 twins 12th cardinals 14th.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Once again Buxton is injured, he has been injured so many times how can this keep happening year after year? https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-twins-athletics-score-byron-buxton-injury-immaculate-inning-taj-bradley/601873407
Aloha!
The Iron Horse

The Glass Cheetah

Having a little fun at his expense, but I really feel bad for him.
I really think he gives his all.
Quote: gopher6Once again Buxton is injured, he has been injured so many times how can this keep happening year after year? https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-twins-athletics-score-byron-buxton-injury-immaculate-inning-taj-bradley/601873407
Baseball ⚾️ Apple pie 🥧 Chevrolet 🚘 Byron Buxton on the injured list. 😲
This was cool to watch.
https://twitter.com/twins/status/2092445811015573767?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: GreyeagleThis was cool to watch.
https://twitter.com/twins/status/2092445811015573767?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A
The lecture I would've received on the car ride home, for striking out on 3 pitches not even taking the bat off my shoulder... whoooooo boy... That would've been something. My dad hated striking out looking at the last pitch, but if I didn't even off at one pitch and went down 0-3. Yikes, I probably would've walked home instead, or maybe have been forced to, not sure.
ETA: AND it was his THIRD!!! strikeout of the game?!? You already struckout twice as the leadoff hitter, so you walked up to the plate, watched 3 pitches go by without swinging the bat, and then walked back to the dugout. But hey, he is getting paid to do that, and I am most certainly not.
The Twins have lost 10 of the last 14 games 🙈
Aloha!
I said earlier here somewhere, they weren't contending, they were surviving. The AL is horrible this year, they have half as many teams as the NL that are over .500 winning percentage. That is the only reason why the Twins were ever really in "contention."
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
There’s a good young core of talent to build around for the future, meaningful baseball at the end of august is more than some could say in June already. See ya next spring!😁🍻
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Buxton back to injured list, he has been injured most of his career
Aloha!
Fun Twins game today, and beautiful weather! I’m batting .500 for the season. My only complaint was it went too fast and they should have left Matthews in to get the complete game. I commented that Bert was fuming somewhere. 😂
Quote: CowgirlFun Twins game today, and beautiful weather! I’m batting .500 for the season. My only complaint was it went too fast and they should have left Matthews in to get the complete game. I commented that Bert was fuming somewhere. 😂
How DARE you go enjoy a BEAUTIFUL day outdoors watching a Twins win and give MONEY to the POHLADS... 😎
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Quote: frozen 4 champsQuote: CowgirlFun Twins game today, and beautiful weather! I’m batting .500 for the season. My only complaint was it went too fast and they should have left Matthews in to get the complete game. I commented that Bert was fuming somewhere. 😂
How DARE you go enjoy a BEAUTIFUL day outdoors watching a Twins win and give MONEY to the POHLADS... 😎
Other than a couple beverages, a family member got us free tickets and parking. 😂
Good God I hate it when teams bring in position players to pitch. Especially this slop. Awful.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: GreyeagleGood God I hate it when teams bring in position players to pitch. Especially this slop. Awful.
They did change the rules on WHEN you can bring in a position player, at least.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Poor Walker Jenkins gets his 1st MLB HR against a position player who was pitching..
https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/2094605044930728031
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Not exactly how he probably dream’t it up but still.😂
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Quote: camo coat guyThere’s a good young core of talent to build around for the future, meaningful baseball at the end of august is more than some could say in June already. See ya next spring!😁🍻
Young talent that will be traded away when their next contract comes up.
@slap-shot Que Metallica - But Hey, Twins are up 14-2 on the Tigers in the 8th inning tonight.
Tigers evening out our negative and their positive run differentials.
The Twins have won 3 straight games by a combined score of 31-4 (5-1, 11-1, and 15-2). The Twins clinched the season series against the Tigers with 4 games left. They are 7-2 against Detroit this season including a perfect 6 for 6 against the Tigers at home they swept a four game series in April and will go for a three game sweep tomorrow night.
Every time it looks like the Twins are dead they go Undertaker mode and rise from the dead.
The Twins scored 10 runs in the 6th inning to go up 14-1.
I call this an Oprah inning
You get a hit!!!
You get a hit!!!
You get a hit!!!
You get a hit!!!
You get a hit!!!
Everybody gets a hit!!!
GO ORAPH! 😉

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Byron Buxton, bothered by right hip pain throughout the past four months, knows he will require a surgical procedure to fix the issue.
But the surgery, for now, will wait. Buxton wants to make one more attempt at returning this season if he can help the Twins in their longshot attempt to qualify for the playoffs.
“Yeah, unfortunately, I know I’m going to have to get [surgery] done at some point,” Buxton said. “I’m going to go until it sparks me up again. Then I’ll know, ‘All right, it’s time, bro.’ Until then, I’m just going to keep fighting.”
Buxton was placed on the 10-day injured list Sunday, his third stint on the IL since the start of July because of his troublesome right hip. He is undergoing daily treatment with the Twins training staff, and if the club stays in the playoff picture, he will try to eventually increase his level of baseball activities.
“I don’t want to put us in a bad spot, which I won’t, but if I can come back and do the things that I know I can do to help this team, then we’ll have that conversation when it comes,” Buxton said. “If it makes sense, I’ll hopefully be back. That’s the plan.”
[Sign up for the Extra Innings newsletter to get Twins analysis in your inbox on Friday.]
Buxton’s hip pain dates to 2021, the first time he went on the IL because of a hip strain. The injury cost him the final month of the 2022 season, too.
He didn’t feel any hip issues during the previous two offseasons, he said, but it flared again in May. He missed five games, then resumed hitting at an All-Star level. Pain popped up again at the end of June and he sat for four games after he underwent a magnetic resonance imaging exam that showed an impingement.
Aloha!
You are correct sir, my bad, it’s been 59 years. And let’s see…2026 - 1992 = 34 years. That’s how long the Twins owners haven’t been serious about winning. Think I got the math correct that time! 😂
Seen this in a gopher football topic so for what it’s worth and for the sake of avoiding topic derailment, I’m pretty sure the twins were 101-61 in 2019 and I believe that’s 7 years according to my “senior math” doot duh dooo. 🤔😉
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Then they fire-saled instead of building. The exact wrong move. They had momentum, they had fan support, and they burned it to the ground.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap/_/gameId/401816913
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Quote: The RubeThen they fire-saled instead of building. The exact wrong move. They had momentum, they had fan support, and they burned it to the ground.
Partly true, since that actually happened years later, but after the 2019 season the momentum kept rolling signing Josh Donaldson to a 4 yr. 92 million dollar deal and adding pitcher kaenta meida. Getting an offseason grade of A-. They picked up The Nelly Cruz option and then eventually traded him to tampa for Joe Ryan which was a pretty good trade for the twins if I’m remembering correctly. For what it’s worth the twins had zero momentum at the time of the fire sale with what was put together currently on the field and moved on to rebuild, but whatever.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
To say the twins haven’t cared about winning for 34 years is a terrible take, bottom line, everything went to shit in “24” (2 years😉) with the September collapse and it’s been only since then can eyes roll over some ownership commitment to winning. Fact is they aren’t that far off from being in the mix of things come September. Key injuries, (Pablo Lopez, Joe Ryan) to just name a couple have hurt big time. It’s a building process and it’s a pretty common occurrence especially with a smaller market franchise.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
There may be some hyperbole behind saying they haven't cared for 34 years, but it's not that far removed from the lack of effort overall.
This is somewhat related...
https://twitter.com/TalkinTwins/status/2102776616527290485?s=20


