Twins lose 2-1. Boring game and Duran comes in the 9th tied at 1 and gives one up. On to the all-star break.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Second round Twins draft the nephew of Delmon Young
There was also a U of Alabama pitcher in the “Competitive Balance” round between the 1st and 2nd round.
@bearpaw28 So, you are not done with the Twins until new ownership takes over even though you said you are done with the Twins.. OK, got it. Time to move on.
Are you really doing to nickle-and-dime his comment and actual feelings about how much he's willing or not willing to support the team? I mean if you want to be 100% literal maybe his comment is off, but otherwise I get the sentiment and don't blame him one bit.
I read that Quentin is 6'6" and 200+ lbs.Second round Twins draft the nephew of Delmon Young
There was also a U of Alabama pitcher in the “Competitive Balance” round between the 1st and 2nd round.
Also, I am surprised their first 3 picks aren't all pitchers.
Yeah, something tells me that if he does get to the bigs it won’t be in the infield.
Also, I am surprised their first 3 picks aren't all pitchers.
Everybody so far today has been a college pitcher
3. James Ellwanger (Dallas Baptist)
4. Jason Reitz (Oregon)
5. Matt Barr (SUNY Niagara C.C.)
The Reitz kid is 6’11” 👀
Sixth round pick is Hawaiian high school shortstop Bruin Agbayani. Son of former major leaguer Benny Agbayani.
EDIT: Seventh round
Digging deep for those diamonds.Also, I am surprised their first 3 picks aren't all pitchers.
Everybody so far today has been a college pitcher
3. James Ellwanger (Dallas Baptist)
4. Jason Reitz (Oregon)
5. Matt Barr (SUNY Niagara C.C.)
The Reitz kid is 6’11” 👀
Dallas Baptist and SUNY Niagara CC.
Digging deep for those diamonds.Also, I am surprised their first 3 picks aren't all pitchers.
Everybody so far today has been a college pitcher
3. James Ellwanger (Dallas Baptist)
4. Jason Reitz (Oregon)
5. Matt Barr (SUNY Niagara C.C.)
The Reitz kid is 6’11” 👀
Dallas Baptist and SUNY Niagara CC.
Dallas Baptist is actually a pretty good baseball school.
Bux hits 20 in his first round 1 behind 2 others currently in 3rd.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Buxton advances to the final 4. I was at the first derby in 85 at the dome. Brunansky was in it and was held in the afternoon. It’s so much different and just a bigger circus. Couldn’t get a ticket for the actual all star game back then but was a pretty cool thing to be at as a kid.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Slow start in the second round and then he couldn’t really get rolling. Ends up with 7.
Caminero then blasts 8 without really trying, so Buxton is done.
Slow start in the second round and then he couldn’t really get rolling. Ends up with 7.
Caminero then blasts 8 without really trying, so Buxton is done.
And done in a hurry, wow!
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
O’Neil Cruz hit one 513 feet 😂
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
So much for coming out of the break well because we’re playing the worst team.
So much for coming out of the break well because we’re playing the worst team.
And their pitcher is 1-10. When I seen it was 5-0 in the 1st I’m thinking ok we’ll just win 20-19 but still 6-1 in the 6th. Unreal.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Correa 3 feet from tying the game
SWR had a great start going and then hung one with 2 on to tie it up .
Brutal loss for the Twins in LA. Up 3-2 bottom of the ninth, Betts check swings at strike 3, def goes around but they call it a ball, then gets an infield hit. IW to Ohtani cause duh, then Jax walks a bench player without him even swinging to load the bases. Liner to Bader just slips under his glove, Twins lose.
You know it's bad when you can't beat the LAD bullpen...
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
https://twitter.com/Audra_Martin/status/1949280837498753216
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Twins kickin' it again today, down 7-2 in the 6th. They've been outscored 17-6 so far this weekend; Washington has the third worst record in MLB.
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1949922126288339301
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
In exchange for Paddack, the Tigers are sending minor-league first baseman and catcher Enrique Jimenez to the Twins. Jiménez, 19, has a .779 OPS for Detroit's Florida Complex League affiliate. He's a native of Venezuela. Baseball America ranked Jiménez 17th in a healthy Tigers farm system at their midseason update of the team's top 30 prospects. He's a switch-hitter with blossoming power, and he's viewed as having a chance to stick behind the plate—but he's still miles from the majors, of course, and the risk attached to his profile is very high.
Chris Paddack is a free agent at the end of this season. Randy Dobnak is part of the trade and the Twins are getting
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1949925101593645191
This ump has the most random strike zone I’ve ever seen short of Angel Hernandez but we still win
Was watching the weather forecast last night on Fox 9 and saw the Twins were down 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th with a rain delay. The weatherman said the game would resume around 23:05… Shortly after they announced the Twins won on a walk off…
By looking at game tracker. The bases must’ve been loaded and Lee hit a 2 RBI single.
https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1950320165998006443
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
I swear any game I can watch they’re just getting hammered.
Something to keep an eye on..
https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1950596725216776691
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Twins lost today 13-1
Aloha!
The Pohlad's are absolute clowns of owners.
https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minnesota-twins/team-sale-offer-pending-report/
Great last outing for Jax showcasing his talents to really drum up trade value. lol
Great last outing for Jax showcasing his talents to really drum up trade value. lol
Jax’s odd outing, his worst at Target Field since 2023, at least had the benefit of allowing the Twins to put a Clemens on the mound. But Kody, son of a seven-time Cy Young winner, simply lobbed 60-mph batting practice pitches, two of which were hit for home runs, by Romy Gonzalez and Masataka Yoshida.
Aloha!
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1950634779378106606?t=A9b8LXxrKteQFEbhFt4T_w&s=19
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Duran traded to Phillies.
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1950686228988481990
https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/status/1950689238665838909
I actually give a @#$* about the Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
I hate this trade, but then selling the now for later has never made me feel good at the time ever.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
BINGO…they literally make a mockery of being an MLB owner. The Duran trade is another in a pattern of moves made by an organization that hasn’t prioritized winning baseball ⚾️ for a very long time. Just Sad.The Pohlad's are absolute clowns of owners.
https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minnesota-twins/team-sale-offer-pending-report/
Typically cashing in on relievers when you’re out of the race isn’t a dumb idea, but we’ll see. Got some good prospects for him.
Twins ended their season when they gave away paddock to the inner division leading tigers. Who does this? Detroit is building a club we’re gonna be looking up at the way it is and the twins make them better. Great move 🙄
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Paddock is a free agent in 3 months. The Tigers have him for two months of the regular season and how ever long they last in the playoffs. After that any team can sign him which was the case whether we traded him or not.
Paddock has been in the majors for 7 seasons
2019, 3.33 ERA, 140 2/3 innings
2020, 4.73 ERA, 59 innings
2021, 5.97 ERA, 108 1/3 innings
2022, 4.03 ERA, 22 1/3 innings
2023, 5.40 ERA, 5 innings
2024, 4.99 ERA, 88 1/3 innings
2025, 4.95 ERA, 111 innings
His best season was his rookie season and ever since he has basically been a 5 ERA pitcher. The most innings he has pitched in season was also in his rookie season. It is certainly possible he could pitch well for the Tigers the rest of this season but based on his track record the chances of him improving the Tigers in a significant way are probably not that high. The best scenario for the Twins might be him pitching well and fooling the Tigers into thinking he better than he is such that they sign him in free agency for more than he is worth.
When the Paddock trade was made on Monday the Twins were 10 games behind the Tigers. Did anybody think the Twins were going to catch the Tigers? If not what the Tigers do the rest of the season is basically irrelevant to the Twins.
I do think trading Duran is unfortunate. It continues to show that ownership is limiting how many players the team can have that make significant money or are about to.
Duran is eligible for arbitration for the next two seasons and then will be a free agent if he doesn't sign a multi year/long term deal before then. He is going to get significant raises thru arbitration such that a lot of teams (if they had him) would want to sign him to a long term deal within the next year.
Trading him is an indication that the Twins realized it was best to trade him sooner rather than later to maximum what they could get for him since they likely were unwilling (aka unable to because of ownership) to step up and offer him what it would take to sign him to a multi year/long term deal.
When it comes to the Twins I likely am considered the person in this tread who sticks up for the Twins but in actuality I tend to stick up for the players, manager, GM because IMO the problem is the ownership and they all are playing short handed. Yes better decisions could have been made here or there but every team makes some bad decisions and often times the teams that win more consistently do so due to having more margin for error because their ownership supports the team A LOT more.
This past off season the Twins GM didn't sign Ty France and Harrison Bader who are both below average position players (starters) over their career and not sign help for the pitching staff because those were the guys he really wanted they were the best he could get with the budget given to him. I've been known to make the statement due to ownership "The Twins GM is always forced to shop at the discount table and then the manager is forced to try to work with damaged goods."
Bottom line I try not to get that bothered by anything that happens or doesn't happen because with the current ownership it most likely doesn't really matter. For my own sake I prefer to focus on the players on the team who are doing well to find some enjoyable out of the team.
What good is it going to be to let things I can't control (like the Twins) continue to frustrate me year after year like it use to?
I was done with these owners when we won a playoff series for the first time in ages and they publicly say they are going to cut payroll. They could have quietly done it, that would have been more strategic. They had to give the middle finger to every fan who had hope. If they are not going to invest in the team, I am not going to invest my time in them. I really do miss baseball and really wish we had a competitive team to follow. I’ll come back when they sell the team.
Twins were only like 4 back in the wildcard race, expected to catch the tigers? No, it’s just a sign of giving up on the season or any hope for a run when you’re trading within a division imo. Hell the twins were 10 back in late august IIRC and still won the division some years ago. Starting pitchers in free agency are hard to find when you’re not throwing around L.A or N.Y money so when the twins download any pitchers I ask myself isn’t this the same type of pitcher in paddack they consistently end up with anyway when they’re desperate for pitching every winter? They’re banking on the development in some arms to fill the hole(s) I get that, I’m just a frustrated fan today.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
I understand what you are saying I am just saying Paddock was only signed for two more months. Could he have helped the team for the next two months yes but the Twins season dramatically changed when Pablo Lopez got hurt on June 3rd. When he got hurt the Twins were 33-27 which was tied for the 3rd best record in the AL behind the Yankees and the Tigers. The Twins are 18-30 since then.
Paddock, meh. Once they traded Duran...there was the true-tale sign. Re-build/fire sale. F the owners overall. We all figured that this season, the owners didn't care, really. Just sell the team and be done with it was their attitude.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.


