2026 World Juniors
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2026 World Juniors

308 Posts
40 Users
158 Reactions
12.7 K Views
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Finland absolutely refused to shoot the puck.  


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 7:27 pm
trixR4kids reacted
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 573
Rep Pts: 1539
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

Finland absolutely refused to shoot the puck.  

Finland played very conservative the entire game.

 


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 7:30 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Omg they’ve had to send the Zamboni out two extra times to shave the ice for the shootout. 🤦‍♀️


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 7:32 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Omg they’ve had to send the Zamboni out two extra times to shave the ice for the shootout. 🤦‍♀️

And it's not at Mariucci!  😉 

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 7:34 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

The Finnish goalie...


Stretch Armstrong 90S GIF

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 7:37 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4666
Rep Pts: 12236
 

Sweden with the WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 7:42 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Heja Sverige!


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 7:47 pm
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 573
Rep Pts: 1539
 

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict
↑

Sweden with the WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 8:20 pm
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 573
Rep Pts: 1539
 

Canada vs Czechia about to start. Let's give Czechs!


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 8:43 pm
Cowgirl reacted
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

A bummer about TSN basically owning this tournament is listening to these morons call the game. Completely in delulu land.


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 10:22 pm
Greyeagle reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

CZE is probably going to win despite being suspect, at best, with the puck near the blue lines.  Man they give it up a lot

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:26 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

That was a good play on the blue line.....for an ENG.  Way to go CZE!


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:29 pm



Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Hey, Martone!


Season 5 Netflix GIF

 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:33 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

CZE is probably going to win despite being suspect, at best, with the puck near the blue lines.  Man they give it up a lot

 

True though honestly they looked like the better team all game and Canada was very suspect defensively.

 


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:37 pm
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 802
Rep Pts: 2228
 

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

A bummer about TSN basically owning this tournament is listening to these morons call the game. Completely in delulu land.

 

I couldn’t disagree more. Gord Miller is fantastic. 

 


'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:39 pm
F Da Sue reacted
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

He’s way too much of a homer. He’s fine if Canada isn’t playing. 


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:42 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4666
Rep Pts: 12236
 

Czechia knocks out Canada for the 3rd year in a row. The last two years in the quarter finals this year in the semi finals.

If the USA wants Canada they are going to have to take it from Czechia since they clearly own Canada. 😀 


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:42 pm
trixR4kids reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Two very entertaining games! 


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:52 pm
gopheritall reacted
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Bonin Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 641
Rep Pts: 1314
Post on old board: 5335
 

Mckenna acting like a huge douche the end of the third there complaining about the obvious cross-check called on him and then getting the two and 10 for abusing the official after the empty netter. 


 
Posted : Sun. Jan 4, 2026 11:54 pm
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 573
Rep Pts: 1539
 

That was a great game. Back and forth all game. I kept waiting for Canada to take over and they never could. Good for Czechia. I hope they get their gold tomorrow. 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 12:45 am
streaky gopher
(@streakygopher)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1521
Rep Pts: 4696
Post on old board: 15478
 

That was a super entertaining game. I felt Czechia had a bit more skill throughout the lineup and they kept their heads when Canada didn't. 

It's almost cliche that Canada loses their cool when things don't go their way. The officials deserve recognition for calling the rule book pretty consistently and late in the game when most refs swallow their whistles. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 1:06 am
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

It felt like the referees were trying to find any way to let Misa’s faceoff violation go, but the linesman stood firm.


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 1:13 am
Greyeagle reacted
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 
IMG 0834

 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 2:09 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

It felt like the referees were trying to find any way to let Misa’s faceoff violation go, but the linesman stood firm.

The TSN color guy certainly was. 

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 3:28 pm
Karlsson reacted



Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

It felt like the referees were trying to find any way to let Misa’s faceoff violation go, but the linesman stood firm.

The TSN color guy certainly was. 

 

I’ll give Gord credit with this one. He was all over Johnson. 

Johnson: Well I suppose he reaches out a bit…

Miller: And touches it. That’s a penalty.

Johnson: Who touches it after that?

Miller: The rule is clear, that’s a penalty.

Johnson: Does Canada gain an adv…

Miller: Doesn’t matter. That’s a penalty. 

😆 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 4:15 pm
Eric Vegoe, F Da Sue, Rau 4 SkiUMah 2.0 and 1 people reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

It felt like the referees were trying to find any way to let Misa’s faceoff violation go, but the linesman stood firm.

The TSN color guy certainly was. 

 

I’ll give Gord credit with this one. He was all over Johnson. 

Johnson: Well I suppose he reaches out a bit…

Miller: And touches it. That’s a penalty.

Johnson: Who touches it after that?

Miller: The rule is clear, that’s a penalty.

Johnson: Does Canada gain an adv…

Miller: Doesn’t matter. That’s a penalty. 

😆 

 

Bingo!

I feel for Gord having to carry that numbnuts for two-plus weeks.  

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 4:20 pm
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Bonin Level
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 364
Rep Pts: 1224
 

Posted by: @gopheritall
↑

I am pretty embarrassed by the turnout. It is a Sunday afternoon and tickets are practically free and nobody from the State of Hockey can bother to show up for a medal round game.

There is no way that the IIHF should ever plan to come back to Minnesota with the World Juniors. What a miss on our part.

They set the initial ticket prices at ridiculous rates, and the people responded by not buying tickets. Good, that's actually how it's supposed to work.

 

That, and a mostly uninspiring season from the Gophers in addition to not sending any stars onto the US team and I'm not surprised that the metro area folks weren't more enthusiastic about this tournament. Now if had we hosted in 2023 when you had 4 gophers including Cooley and Snuggy on the team, I guarantee the US games would be selling out. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 6:16 pm
Mike Eruzione 11, trixR4kids, Kelly Red and 3 people reacted
Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 1157
Rep Pts: 2696
 

Who actually set those initial ticket prices, because they were ridiculously high.  It’s a bad look when you have to drop prices so much.  It pisses off fans who bought them originally.  Full package didn’t make clear there was no way you could go to all the games.  I think someone really 🤬up.  It’s too bad because timing and MN location should have been a winner.  Someone got very greedy and it bit back really badly.


Dorothy: Who’s that?
Scarecrow: A man with an axe and a can of lube. I’ll ask if he wants to join us.

 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 7:41 pm
Steve MN and Cowgirl reacted
streaky gopher
(@streakygopher)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1521
Rep Pts: 4696
Post on old board: 15478
 

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

They set the initial ticket prices at ridiculous rates, and the people responded by not buying tickets. Good, that's actually how it's supposed to work

I have zero problem with someone trying to cut a fat hog because as the consumer,  I have the final say. I said no.

The issue for the tournament organizers is that they stifled demand almost immediately.  People like me who might have purchased tickets for several games got turned off, made other plans, and didn't come back. 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 8:29 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

A lot more at the game than I expected tonight.  Probably all of us using our overpriced tickets we wouldn’t have been able to sell. 😂

 

Just give me a good game.  I don’t even care who wins.  Go hockey. 😁


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 8:46 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

Posted by: @gopheritall
↑

I am pretty embarrassed by the turnout. It is a Sunday afternoon and tickets are practically free and nobody from the State of Hockey can bother to show up for a medal round game.

There is no way that the IIHF should ever plan to come back to Minnesota with the World Juniors. What a miss on our part.

They set the initial ticket prices at ridiculous rates, and the people responded by not buying tickets. Good, that's actually how it's supposed to work.

 

That, and a mostly uninspiring season from the Gophers in addition to not sending any stars onto the US team and I'm not surprised that the metro area folks weren't more enthusiastic about this tournament. Now if had we hosted in 2023 when you had 4 gophers including Cooley and Snuggy on the team, I guarantee the US games would be selling out. 

 

Yeah IDK what else to say other than you're objectively right and I wish I waited on buying tickets until it was game day and saved a bunch of money. The fact that me and Cowgirl can't even come close to making our money back even tells you everything about the initial pricing. I couldn't sell the Switzerland ticket for anything even close to face (so I just went to that one) and lost money on the Sweden game. The tickets were near the red line lower bowl and both were games where USA was playing. The medal round is an even bigger disaster and I probably won't even make 1/7 of the $700 I paid where as if USA was decent this year I could've at least broke even or made a profit (or just went to the game of course). 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 9:12 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Swedes looking surgical out there. Impressive team. 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 10:07 pm
gopheritall reacted
gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 573
Rep Pts: 1539
 

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

Swedes looking surgical out there. Impressive team. 

It is a tough road being down 2 to Sweden going into the third. Czechia needs something different to happen.

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 10:21 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

We are now the University of Minneapolis. 

The IIHF head dude called us that, thanking us for the venue.  😂


 
Posted : Mon. Jan 5, 2026 11:33 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2159
Rep Pts: 3071
Post on old board: 5547
 

So where is next seasons  World Juniors?


Aloha!

 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 5:20 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
Topic starter
 

Edmonton


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 5:22 pm



Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

Edmonton

And Red Deer.   By base seeding, USA is slated for Red Deer, but I believe Canada can swap us with Switzerland if they want.  (I believe the host can make one swap of similar seeds.  USA would be the 3rd seed in Red Deer based on this year's results, with Switzerland the 3 seed in Edmonton).

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 5:44 pm
NYC Gopher fan
(@nyc-gopher-fan)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 40
Rep Pts: 110
 

As someone who has been working on this tournament for a while, and spent nearly every day at the events: 

 

-pricing remains a legitimate, huge gripe. Absolutely insane to expect jr hockey to fetch the prices in this economy. and someone made the point about the packages not being clear you could not attend all games - YIKES

-many of these players parents didnt even travel over. Current events affected attendance quite a bit. I enjoyed talking to many canadians during tournament and every single one brought this up. Everyone was banking on more Canadians showing up, whether you agree with that or not. 

-The astroturfing by online Canadians and media was ridiculous. bitching about teams bussing to Tria with equipment on during a snowstorm. The facilities were great - and perhaps Canada should have won more games last year if they wanted to pick a better locker room. Finland had the right to pick the gopher mens'

-every team/staff/federation is full of incredibly kind people. Many asked a lot of ?s about high school and youth hockey here. and I can count on one hand the number of times I saw something from a player that made me shake my head, and these are teenage boys we're talking about. 

-Most teams lost with class and dignity 

-Slovakians were particularly amazing! As were the Swedes

-someone mentioned why should anyone here want to watch Sweden v Finland....well, besides being tremendous hockey (and those two in particular play a much better team game than the NA teams) they are full of future NHL stars. I watch HS hockey tournament every year despite rarely knowing anyone in there, and I wish our locals had come out in better support. I felt so bad for these kids playing in front of a nearly empty arena most of the time. The sold attendance did not match actual attendance for most games. 

 

Next year, the two arenas are two hours apart, which I can't imagine after running between our two arenas. 

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 8:37 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @nyc-gopher-fan
↑

The facilities were great - and perhaps Canada should have won more games last year if they wanted to pick a better locker room. Finland had the right to pick the gopher mens'

Also, I heard from what I deem to be a very reliable source that Canada was asked if they wanted the locker rooms at Ridder (they used I think 3 of the auxiliary locker rooms there) and they very willingly said "yes, please"


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 8:53 pm
NYC Gopher fan
(@nyc-gopher-fan)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 40
Rep Pts: 110
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Posted by: @nyc-gopher-fan
↑

The facilities were great - and perhaps Canada should have won more games last year if they wanted to pick a better locker room. Finland had the right to pick the gopher mens'

Also, I heard from what I deem to be a very reliable source that Canada was asked if they wanted the locker rooms at Ridder (they used I think 3 of the auxiliary locker rooms there) and they very willingly said "yes, please"

yeah the actual canadian team/staff didnt seem nearly as hurt as the canadian media did. and yes, I agree with your source

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 8:57 pm
Steve MN reacted
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
Topic starter
 

I def would’ve watched the non-USA game if USA was playing in the other game but between the cost and me losing interest in the tourney after that I was done spending money on it. Also was a good day for NFL viewing and I paid for Redzone/wanted to get my money’s worth out of that. Some decided to double down on a sunk cost, YMMV.

That said I forgot about the all games package and the fact that it’d be impossible to make it worthwhile. Yikes is right. 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 9:43 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

From what it sounds like... the whole walk between the arenas video was meant to be a "hey, this is really cool" vs "why do we have to walk all this way?"


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 9:44 pm
NYC Gopher fan
(@nyc-gopher-fan)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 40
Rep Pts: 110
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

From what it sounds like... the whole walk between the arenas video was meant to be a "hey, this is really cool" vs "why do we have to walk all this way?"

oh, im sure the IIHF may have meant to post it in a cool way, but a lot of keyboard warriors in Canada and Michigan/NY took the picture and ran with it to several online forums to bash us. Same with everything else - the player of game gifts, everything. A lot of "online Canadians" feel it should be there every year, and get particularly salty when they haven't won for years now. 

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 9:48 pm
Steve MN reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

I thought it was a great tournament.  The venues were great (I may be biased 😉) and I enjoyed the games I made it to (the final three US prelims, all four medal round, and three games at Mariucci). 
In hindsight I wished we hadn’t pre-purchased so much but I knew it was a risk; if the US made it to the medal round it would have definitely been a better investment but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I’m glad we did it.  

My complaints would have been that it wasn’t publicized enough to the places you find the niche hockey fans, they really should have had more/better merch available BEFORE the tourney, and it was deceptive to sell full packages without explaining games were too close time wise to see them in full (not to mention you’d pay four times to park if you tried to attend them all.)  It is unfortunate that world events prevented a better international fan base.  That is not in our control, nor the fault of those who organized this event; I doubt Minnesota had much if anything to do with the ticket prices; (parking and food/beverages is a different story), so saying the poor turnout is Minnesota’s fault is unfair. 
It’s also unfortunate so many quit watching if it’s not their team; the few who did attend after the US was out are clearly great fans of the game of hockey itself. 

As we all well know, keyboard warriors without actual knowledge of facts are the loudest and spread misinformation like the plague.  

Thank you to @nyc-gopher-fan and anyone else who worked hard to bring this event to our backyard. It’s great to hear that the participants showed class.  It was a helluva last couple weeks and a lot of fun regardless!  My bank account will hate me for awhile but I still consider it worth it. 

I also still have the Sweden goal song stuck in my head, and now you can too.  😁

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuj0ePoQKEs

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 10:53 pm
NYC Gopher fan
(@nyc-gopher-fan)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 40
Rep Pts: 110
 

ummm have you heard the slovakian goal song?? 

 

tho I also loved Swedens. And Germanys. I got a great video of the Sweden section singing that song as the seconds counted down. 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 11:52 pm
trixR4kids reacted
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 976
Rep Pts: 3000
Post on old board: 6069
 

We considered cheering for Switzerland the entire tournament based on their goal song alone. Didn’t get to hear the Slovakia song too much, but it slaps. 


 
Posted : Tue. Jan 6, 2026 11:59 pm
NYC Gopher fan
(@nyc-gopher-fan)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 40
Rep Pts: 110
 

@snowcool08 yeah the swiss song sounded very swiss, and many people loved it. 

 

the slovakian song does hit harder when drunk slovaks are bopping around with horns on their head

 


 
Posted : Wed. Jan 7, 2026 12:12 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

When I heard it in the arena all I could hear was tikki-licky-bum which made me giggle every time I heard it.  

I enjoyed watching the Sweden and Finland fans yell Sverige and Suomi back and forth; sometimes clapping in unison.  The only Swedish and Finnish I know. 


 
Posted : Wed. Jan 7, 2026 12:41 am



trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
Topic starter
 

Yeah Slovakia picked a good song it kinda took the edge off getting scored against 😆 


 
Posted : Wed. Jan 7, 2026 1:45 am
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

Yeah Slovakia picked a good song it kinda took the edge off getting scored against 😆 

My son and I were at Slovakia-Germany early in the tournament. That Slovakia song was fun/catchy. Kind of glad the Slovaks didn’t run the score up more, I would have had it in my head for months 

 


 
Posted : Wed. Jan 7, 2026 8:55 am
Page 6 / 7

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad