15 Users
6 Likes
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12563
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Whipple and Ziemer come to town to play in their home arena next year. Eiserman as well...nevermind.  I assume Airey will make his Gophers debut sometime during the game.  Just stay healthy, get the rust off and get some ice time for the players who normally don't get ice time.

Game starts at 2pm and will be streamed on B1G+

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1741885162370007420

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1106

Good for Michel for getting some ice time. I know some have bemoaned his presence but guessing this is a big moment for he and his family. Excited to see Airey get some work too.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 367

It could be that I have been calibrated to the World Junior speed of hockey, but this USNTDP vs Gophers game seems sluggish.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Pino and Huglen with early goals. 2-0 half way through the 1st. 

Take that Pino haters 😉 

https://twitter.com/B1GHockey/status/1741917861365395755

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1741916561764479249

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

2-0 after 1.Shots are 12-5 USA

midevil bowievil
(@midevil-bowievil)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

Nice goal by Huglen.

I’m not sure what game those tv guys are watching. Huglen drives to the net, the puck goes over the line. Goal.

USHANABI
(@ushanabi)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 187

I'm liking Airey thus far!  Hope he gets some more opportunities in future games . . .

Not knowing what to do, they do what they know . . .
Knowing what to do, they sometime don't do it . . .
The 26th year of the Gopher Men's Hockey Profile got to be too much for this ol' codger to handle . . . what with all of the possible activity on the transfer portal . . . . So, I'm closing it down at the 25th year . . .

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2318

As someone on this board who is admittedly more vocal in their questioning of Pino’s seemingly bullet proof placement in the lineup I’ll be the first to say I loved seeing that going in for him and I continue to hope that he proves me wrong. I would love nothing more for him to get confident and just make me look like a total idiot. 

Young gopher diehard 2
(@younggopherdiehard2)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 284

I know this is an exhibition but I love the simple and smart game the gophers are playing today. They are staying so much more connected going up the ice with quick short passes. A very good showing IMO. 

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Whipple hits John Mittelstadt from behind and Strobel cross checks him in retaliation. Close to a 5 by each player, but each get 2. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

2-0 after 2

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Actually not a bad crowd for a January 1st exhibition game. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Brodzinski goal. 3-1. 6 minutes left

https://twitter.com/B1GHockey/status/1741940025019818225

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2564
Post on old board: 7833

Brodzinski being Brodzinski

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1796
Post on old board: 8686

Brodz sucks. 

GopherPete reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Gophers can't clear the puck. Somebody named Eiserman scores. 3-2. 3 minutes left

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Gophers win 3-2. USA outshoots Gophers 41-23

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7421

This is why you have the exhibition game. Shake off the rust.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

All things considered I thought they looked pretty good. Airey was solid in net and Michel actually didn’t look out of place. Aside from USNTDP’s second goal I thought the Gophers played a solid game. Kept it simple, made smart passes, and asserted their physicality when they needed to.

BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Wooger Level

Airey looked great.  Ziemer also stood out to me.  Not sure how much to put into it but glad the boys held for the win from a psychological perspective.

Also less bummed about the Eiserman loss.  He is an incredible player with a tremendous shot but he didn’t stand out to me in terms of controlling the game significantly.  

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4384

Ziemer looked good! Really solid crowd for an exhibition. 

BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1106

Curious if this gives the staff confidence to give Airey a start in the second half. Robert Morris looks like the best option.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7523

Did Airey play the whole game?

Is being able to red shirt based on number of games played (how many?) or does it have to be zero games played? I don't believe exhibition games count towards being able to red shirt.

I believe Barto got a red shirt for the 2021/22 season (no games played - came in mid season) but last season counted as one season of eligibility with him playing 6 games (242 minutes).

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4613
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Somebody named Eiserman scores.

I really only noticed him twice all game.  Once on a flurry a couple minutes into the 3rd, and on his goal.  Other than that, I saw him on the ice on faceoffs/etc, but really didn't see him out there.  Haven't tried to look it up, but, did he not really have much ice time?  Or was he just that invisible most of the game?

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Wooger Level

Posted by: @steve-mn

I really only noticed him twice all game.  Once on a flurry a couple minutes into the 3rd, and on his goal.  Other than that, I saw him on the ice on faceoffs/etc, but really didn't see him out there.  Haven't tried to look it up, but, did he not really have much ice time?  Or was he just that invisible most of the game?

He was out there a lot, just didn’t have a huge impact on the game aside from his goal and some set pieces off their O-zone draws.

Steve MN reacted
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1137
Post on old board: 6069

Posted by: @boninthebear

He was out there a lot, just didn’t have a huge impact on the game aside from his goal and some set pieces off their O-zone draws.

Eiserman had 11 shots. That’s a ton. He’s a winger. He’s not supposed to drive play as much as a center. He finds open ice and uses his shot. Think of Ovechkin. He doesn’t always take over games with his speed or physicality. Still scores a bunch of goals. 

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4613
Post on old board: 10695

That was the feeling I got as well.  Seemed like he was out there regularly for faceoffs, just, never really noticed him otherwise.  Must have been an off-night for him.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7523

Posted by: @snowcool08

Eiserman had 11 shots. That’s a ton. He’s a winger. He’s not supposed to drive play as much as a center. He finds open ice and uses his shot. Think of Ovechkin. He doesn’t always take over games with his speed or physicality. Still scores a bunch of goals. 

Sounds a lot like Snuggy/Brodzinski. Shooters shoot and sometimes the rest to their game gets criticized more than it should.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1232
Post on old board: 5547

Czech leading Canada 2-0 in the 1st

Aloha!

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @gopher6

Czech leading Canada 2-0 in the 1st

Wrong thread 😉