Gophers 2026 Off Se...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


[Closed] Gophers 2026 Off Season

1,568 Posts
111 Users
1291 Reactions
48.7 K Views
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

What really helps is that they pushed the portal back to after the FF. We’ll have our coach by then and he would have had time to sit down and talk to all the players.

Normally the portal would be opening on Monday, which would have been chaotic.

Not that anything surprises me in this day and age, but I would be mildly surprised if a coach is named before the FF.  No school that is still playing will allow their coach to talk to anyone until they are done playing, and that might take out a couple on Coyle's lst (assuming he has one...).

 

I would be dumbfounded if a coach isn’t announced by the FF unless Augustana makes some Cinderella run to the FF. 

 

I think Augustana is mathematically eliminated now, they lost on Saturday 

 

They are not. 20% chance at making it. They need chalk this weekend.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 18, 2026 5:30 pm
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 366
Rep Pts: 1236
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

HC Rabs

Asst Gordon

Asst Martin

GM Grant

 

Who says no?

I'm ok with Rabs as HC. The assistants don't do much for me, I think we can do better. 

 

Gimme some names. I think you gotta keep Gordon for continuity. We got some good recruits in the pipeline that you don’t wanna lose. Martin becoming full time also I think would be beneficial from how the players talk about him.

 

 

I don't know much about Gordon to be honest, he kinda just seems like the guy who's always been around. You never hear anything about him, I have no idea if he is a good recruiter or not. Maybe he's great and I'm sure there are others who could answer these questions, but to me he just seems kind of meh.

 

I'd rather get someone who's very connected to the USNDTP. Recruiting MN is a given, but having an in at the program would be huge. Look no further than bottom dweller MSU's turnaround.

 

Would having an NTDP guy have its benefits after 2-3 years when all those guys are gone? Also it’s not like we’re short NTDP guys. Next year we could potentially roster a team with Hendrickson, Ziemer, Whipple, Humphreys, Mooney, Kvasnicka, Phillips, & Cullen while also having Geiger & McArthur committed.

 

 

That's fair. I do think having someone who has strong connections to the coaches there from previously working alongside them is and advantage. 

 

Regarding Gordon, other than continuity can you convince me that he is someone we gotta have?

 


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 18, 2026 5:35 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Posted by: @gopherpete
↑

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

HC Rabs

Asst Gordon

Asst Martin

GM Grant

 

Who says no?

I'm ok with Rabs as HC. The assistants don't do much for me, I think we can do better. 

 

Gimme some names. I think you gotta keep Gordon for continuity. We got some good recruits in the pipeline that you don’t wanna lose. Martin becoming full time also I think would be beneficial from how the players talk about him.

 

 

I don't know much about Gordon to be honest, he kinda just seems like the guy who's always been around. You never hear anything about him, I have no idea if he is a good recruiter or not. Maybe he's great and I'm sure there are others who could answer these questions, but to me he just seems kind of meh.

 

I'd rather get someone who's very connected to the USNDTP. Recruiting MN is a given, but having an in at the program would be huge. Look no further than bottom dweller MSU's turnaround.

 

Would having an NTDP guy have its benefits after 2-3 years when all those guys are gone? Also it’s not like we’re short NTDP guys. Next year we could potentially roster a team with Hendrickson, Ziemer, Whipple, Humphreys, Mooney, Kvasnicka, Phillips, & Cullen while also having Geiger & McArthur committed.

 

 

That's fair. I do think having someone who has strong connections to the coaches there from previously working alongside them is and advantage. 

 

Regarding Gordon, other than continuity can you convince me that he is someone we gotta have?

 

All I can offer you is second or third hand sources that say he’s been doing a lot of the heavy lifting recruiting-wise lately. Miller & Motzko not offering much in that department lately.

Also players reference Gordon a lot in interviews as a coach they really get along with. Plus he’s young and an M guy which I think you need at least one of since the HC will almost certainly not be.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 18, 2026 5:49 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @g-manpuck
↑

Here is the thing that EVERY one of us needs to get over...a national championship CAN NOT be the realistic expectation on the coach and program every year.  There is too much parity in the landscape of college hockey and in a one and done tournament not a realistic view.  

 

The realistic expectation can be to win conference championships and qualify for the tournament every year.  I'll buy into that expectation very easily.  But come on people with the "we expect to contend for the natty each year" or "he didn't bring us the natty".

I don’t think any non-casual fan realistically expects a natty run every single season. We should absolutely be in contention every year though. That means a 1/2 seed in the tourney, which would logically follow from expecting B1G titles in this day and age with a strong B1G

Look I'm ok with letting Bob go, but every blue blood program misses the tournament now and again or even occasionally makes it but with a middling team.  

 

yes, but the goal should be...

Based upon actual results your goal is unattainable.  

Yes we as fans expect it, but realistically you have to account for the fact that in the big picture it doesn't happen that way and must take into account everything else.  In this case the cards line up that it's time for Bob to go, but missing the tournament wasn't the only piece that led to it.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 18, 2026 7:10 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 1007
Rep Pts: 3884
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @g-manpuck
↑

Here is the thing that EVERY one of us needs to get over...a national championship CAN NOT be the realistic expectation on the coach and program every year.  There is too much parity in the landscape of college hockey and in a one and done tournament not a realistic view.  

 

The realistic expectation can be to win conference championships and qualify for the tournament every year.  I'll buy into that expectation very easily.  But come on people with the "we expect to contend for the natty each year" or "he didn't bring us the natty".

I don’t think any non-casual fan realistically expects a natty run every single season. We should absolutely be in contention every year though. That means a 1/2 seed in the tourney, which would logically follow from expecting B1G titles in this day and age with a strong B1G

Look I'm ok with letting Bob go, but every blue blood program misses the tournament now and again or even occasionally makes it but with a middling team.  

 

yes, but the goal should be...

Based upon actual results your goal is unattainable.  

 

For the five straight years prior to this one we literally were a #1/2 seed and all of those teams had the capabilities to win a natty, so I don’t know why you’re pessimistic in your expectations relative to the period we just witnessed

 


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 18, 2026 7:15 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @g-manpuck
↑

Here is the thing that EVERY one of us needs to get over...a national championship CAN NOT be the realistic expectation on the coach and program every year.  There is too much parity in the landscape of college hockey and in a one and done tournament not a realistic view.  

 

The realistic expectation can be to win conference championships and qualify for the tournament every year.  I'll buy into that expectation very easily.  But come on people with the "we expect to contend for the natty each year" or "he didn't bring us the natty".

I don’t think any non-casual fan realistically expects a natty run every single season. We should absolutely be in contention every year though. That means a 1/2 seed in the tourney, which would logically follow from expecting B1G titles in this day and age with a strong B1G

Look I'm ok with letting Bob go, but every blue blood program misses the tournament now and again or even occasionally makes it but with a middling team.  

 

yes, but the goal should be...

Based upon actual results your goal is unattainable.  

 

For the five straight years prior to this one we literally were a #1/2 seed and all of those teams had the capabilities to win a natty, so I don’t know why you’re pessimistic in your expectations relative to the period we just witnessed

 

Read my edited reply. Your expectations live in a vacuum. 

 


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 18, 2026 7:17 pm
puckluck
(@puckluck)
Wooger Level
Joined: 16 years ago
Posts: 86
Rep Pts: 221
 

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

No school that is still playing will allow their coach to talk to anyone until they are done playing,

For a job as elite as Minnesota’s, there isn’t really anything that a school can do to prevent their head coach from dusting off the resume and discussing with their own network

This got me thinking…from a HC compensation standpoint, where do we stack up vs the other programs?  Thought i read on here that Providence’s HC was $1M / year and Bob is $750k (is that right?), which made me wonder where our program stacks up from HC’s salary.  

Are we keeping up with the salaries of the competion?  Or falling back at all like the NIL battle?  Obviously Im not questioning our overall program, facilities, etc etc.

Anyone have insight with how that stacks up?

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 7:03 am
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Posted by: @boosker14
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

What if players wanted/accept this change? Let's not just assume that Motzko was beloved by each and every player.

It's a possibility, but until that portal window opens, we don't have a clue. 

I'm simply saying that until we know what the HC spot, the pipeline, and the roster look like after the dust settles, I don't see a reason to be getting super giddy about a successful coach leaving the program. 

Admin met with players individually for that reason. They want to retain the top players (Ziemer, Mooney, Whipple, etc)

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 7:18 am
Johnny Five
(@johnny-five)
Wooger Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 112
Rep Pts: 352
 

Posted by: @puckluck
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

No school that is still playing will allow their coach to talk to anyone until they are done playing,

For a job as elite as Minnesota’s, there isn’t really anything that a school can do to prevent their head coach from dusting off the resume and discussing with their own network

This got me thinking…from a HC compensation standpoint, where do we stack up vs the other programs?  Thought i read on here that Providence’s HC was $1M / year and Bob is $750k (is that right?), which made me wonder where our program stacks up from HC’s salary.  

Are we keeping up with the salaries of the competion?  Or falling back at all like the NIL battle?  Obviously Im not questioning our overall program, facilities, etc etc.

Anyone have insight with how that stacks up?

 

Bob is on the high end.  $750K.  Pat F at Western, $420K.  

According to google at least.  Money isn't going to be a problem.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 7:39 am
puckluck reacted
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 630
Rep Pts: 1430
 

Posted by: @johnny-five
↑

Posted by: @puckluck
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

No school that is still playing will allow their coach to talk to anyone until they are done playing,

For a job as elite as Minnesota’s, there isn’t really anything that a school can do to prevent their head coach from dusting off the resume and discussing with their own network

This got me thinking…from a HC compensation standpoint, where do we stack up vs the other programs?  Thought i read on here that Providence’s HC was $1M / year and Bob is $750k (is that right?), which made me wonder where our program stacks up from HC’s salary.  

Are we keeping up with the salaries of the competion?  Or falling back at all like the NIL battle?  Obviously Im not questioning our overall program, facilities, etc etc.

Anyone have insight with how that stacks up?

 

Bob is on the high end.  $750K.  Pat F at Western, $420K.  

According to google at least.  Money isn't going to be a problem.

 

 

And while yes there may be a couple programs out there with a single big donor helping fund some NIL, we are situated very well with NIL/payroll with our Big Ten Money relative to most programs.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 8:02 am
puckluck reacted
gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 339
Rep Pts: 405
Post on old board: 9527
 

Posted by: @wilson34
↑

Posted by: @boosker14
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

What if players wanted/accept this change? Let's not just assume that Motzko was beloved by each and every player.

It's a possibility, but until that portal window opens, we don't have a clue. 

I'm simply saying that until we know what the HC spot, the pipeline, and the roster look like after the dust settles, I don't see a reason to be getting super giddy about a successful coach leaving the program. 

He was brought in to win a National Championship. He didn’t. It’s been 8 seasons and he’s 65. I like Bob, but it’s time for a new voice. This program will attract talent regardless.

 

 

Agreed. He had chances and couldn't finish. 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 8:38 am
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 630
Rep Pts: 1430
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @boosker14
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

What if players wanted/accept this change? Let's not just assume that Motzko was beloved by each and every player.

It's a possibility, but until that portal window opens, we don't have a clue. 

I'm simply saying that until we know what the HC spot, the pipeline, and the roster look like after the dust settles, I don't see a reason to be getting super giddy about a successful coach leaving the program. 

Admin met with players individually for that reason. They want to retain the top players (Ziemer, Mooney, Whipple, etc)

 

 

Players may have known Bob's intentions for a while too.  I'm sure there was a plan.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 8:48 am



Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 1007
Rep Pts: 3884
 

Posted by: @puckluck
↑

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

No school that is still playing will allow their coach to talk to anyone until they are done playing,

For a job as elite as Minnesota’s, there isn’t really anything that a school can do to prevent their head coach from dusting off the resume and discussing with their own network

This got me thinking…from a HC compensation standpoint, where do we stack up vs the other programs?  Thought i read on here that Providence’s HC was $1M / year and Bob is $750k (is that right?), which made me wonder where our program stacks up from HC’s salary.  

Are we keeping up with the salaries of the competion?  Or falling back at all like the NIL battle?  Obviously Im not questioning our overall program, facilities, etc etc.

Anyone have insight with how that stacks up?

 

there’s no way that Providence is paying $1M in annual salary. They have like 5k students and a correspondingly small alumni base who aren’t particularly wealthy, aren’t a big TV draw in any sport, and haven’t been to a Frozen Four since last decade. I could maybe believe that Leaman made $1M one year when he made/won the Frozen Four with performance bonuses, but a $1M annual salary would be like Jerry York territory.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 9:11 am
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Posted by: @idontknow
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @boosker14
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

What if players wanted/accept this change? Let's not just assume that Motzko was beloved by each and every player.

It's a possibility, but until that portal window opens, we don't have a clue. 

I'm simply saying that until we know what the HC spot, the pipeline, and the roster look like after the dust settles, I don't see a reason to be getting super giddy about a successful coach leaving the program. 

Admin met with players individually for that reason. They want to retain the top players (Ziemer, Mooney, Whipple, etc)

 

 

Players may have known Bob's intentions for a while too.  I'm sure there was a plan.

 

Motzko was just talking on the radio show with Wally about his plans for next year's bye week and how they were going to stay busy at the end of next year by potentially scheduling an exhibition game.

Coyle and the players forced his hand.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 9:21 am
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 630
Rep Pts: 1430
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @idontknow
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @boosker14
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

What if players wanted/accept this change? Let's not just assume that Motzko was beloved by each and every player.

It's a possibility, but until that portal window opens, we don't have a clue. 

I'm simply saying that until we know what the HC spot, the pipeline, and the roster look like after the dust settles, I don't see a reason to be getting super giddy about a successful coach leaving the program. 

Admin met with players individually for that reason. They want to retain the top players (Ziemer, Mooney, Whipple, etc)

 

 

Players may have known Bob's intentions for a while too.  I'm sure there was a plan.

 

Motzko was just talking on the radio show with Wally about his plans for next year's bye week and how they were going to stay busy at the end of next year by potentially scheduling an exhibition game.

Coyle and the players forced his hand.

 

That's not what I'm hearing.  

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 9:48 am
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

I’m torn. On one hand I want Augustana’s season done this weekend because I think Rabs is the front runner here and I want a coach sooner rather than later, but on the other hand Augustana making a tourney run would be fun to watch.

Rabs upsetting North Dakota in the first round then getting hired is the dream next two weeks lol.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 10:12 am
Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 1388
Rep Pts: 3432
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @idontknow
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @boosker14
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

What if players wanted/accept this change? Let's not just assume that Motzko was beloved by each and every player.

It's a possibility, but until that portal window opens, we don't have a clue. 

I'm simply saying that until we know what the HC spot, the pipeline, and the roster look like after the dust settles, I don't see a reason to be getting super giddy about a successful coach leaving the program. 

Admin met with players individually for that reason. They want to retain the top players (Ziemer, Mooney, Whipple, etc)

 

 

Players may have known Bob's intentions for a while too.  I'm sure there was a plan.

 

Motzko was just talking on the radio show with Wally about his plans for next year's bye week and how they were going to stay busy at the end of next year by potentially scheduling an exhibition game.

Coyle and the players forced his hand.

 

I'm curious about the part that says the players forced his hand?

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 12:50 pm
Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Bonin Level Moderator
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 514
Rep Pts: 1046
Post on old board: 8405
 

Well I wonder if Airey is out the door.   On his FB page he is selling his Team issued Blocker and Glove.

IMG 8499

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 1:46 pm
Boosker
(@boosker14)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 240
Rep Pts: 1060
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

GM Grant

 

Who says no?

Do we think Grant leaves the AHL for a college gig, coach, GM, or other? Not sure what his NHL coaching aspirations might be, but it could be the allure of that possibility may override his desire for a spot at Minnesota.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 1:48 pm
Koho
 Koho
(@koho)
Bonin Level
Joined: 3 years ago
Posts: 237
Rep Pts: 1014
 

Posted by: @coach-klein
↑

I am appreciative of Bob and all he did. It was time for him to go.

 

regarding next coach. The one observation I have made across several decades of watching this stuff. 

the coach the fans get most excited about turn out horrible. 

the ones that Fans think are insanely bad hires are bad hires  

the best hires  come from the head scratchers, the ones that fans say “really, that guy?”  

 

I think we were all pretty excited about Lucia based on how quickly he turned around CC.  Winning two Natties is horrible?

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 19, 2026 2:34 pm
gopher6 and alignrock reacted
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Young gopher diehard 2
(@younggopherdiehard2)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 425
Rep Pts: 1345
 

I'm convinced he’s coming back. Early in the interview, he talks about his time with the gophers and his friendship with Gordon. 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 9:31 am
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

If Rabs is hired, Ziemer’s chances of returning increase exponentially. If Ziemer returns, Mooney’s chances of staying increase significantly as well.


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 10:07 am
Gopherpuck44
(@gopherpuck44)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 93
Rep Pts: 208
 

Posted by: @younggopherdiehard2
↑

I'm convinced he’s coming back. Early in the interview, he talks about his time with the gophers and his friendship with Gordon. 

Make it happen Coyle.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 10:15 am



Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 164
Rep Pts: 680
 

Posted by: @bert
↑

Well I wonder if Airey is out the door.   On his FB page he is selling his Team issued Blocker and Glove.

IMG 8499

 

Dude had every chance to take the net for the last two years and fumbled the bag.  Nothing of value would be lost.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 10:27 am
TheBirdman
(@thebirdman)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 143
Rep Pts: 634
 

Lots of talk about adding a gm for the men’s program. If they do,would the u also be required to

add a gm to the women’s program because of title 9?


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 10:45 am
raindog
(@raindog)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 16
Rep Pts: 116
 

Posted by: @younggopherdiehard2
↑

removed link

I'm convinced he’s coming back. Early in the interview, he talks about his time with the gophers and his friendship with Gordon. 

I hope you are right.  This was a great interview for anyone not very familiar with Raboin, which includes me.  Aside from his relationship with Gordon it is clear he is very connected in northern Minnesota. I was not aware he was a walk on at St Cloud.  He has grit and he appears to be a fantastic human.  He is clearly very invested in Augustana and it might be hard for him to leave.  But I suspect it would be even harder to pass on the opportunity at the U,  

 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 10:46 am
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Outstanding interview with Raboin. I recommend it to anyone looking to get familiar with him. Here is a podcast link:

https://podcasts.apple.com/nz/podcast/the-minnesotan-garrett-raboin/id1507241783?i=1000659467967

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 11:07 am
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Outstanding interview with Raboin. I recommend it to anyone looking to get familiar with him. Here is a podcast link:

https://podcasts.apple.com/nz/podcast/the-minnesotan-garrett-raboin/id1507241783?i=1000659467967

 

its 2 years old

 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 11:25 am
Young gopher diehard 2
(@younggopherdiehard2)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 425
Rep Pts: 1345
 

Posted by: @gopher6
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Outstanding interview with Raboin. I recommend it to anyone looking to get familiar with him. Here is a podcast link:

https://podcasts.apple.com/nz/podcast/the-minnesotan-garrett-raboin/id1507241783?i=1000659467967

 

its 2 years old

 

So? Good insights into Raboin either way. 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 11:32 am
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2195
Rep Pts: 4086
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @thebirdman
↑

Lots of talk about adding a gm for the men’s program. If they do,would the u also be required to

add a gm to the women’s program because of title 9?

The women’s program already has a general manager 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 11:33 am
mlhouse
(@mlhouse)
Stauber Level
Joined: 13 years ago
Posts: 231
Rep Pts: 796
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

I’m torn. On one hand I want Augustana’s season done this weekend because I think Rabs is the front runner here and I want a coach sooner rather than later, but on the other hand Augustana making a tourney run would be fun to watch.

Rabs upsetting North Dakota in the first round then getting hired is the dream next two weeks lol.

I agree that Garret Raboin is the front runner.

The one thing that he lacks from my perspective is that he really doesn't have a couple of players and/or recruits that can follow him to Minnesota like some other coaches potentially have.  I really think that immediate influx of talent is needed to prop the program back up to a spot we can be competitive recruiters again.  

That is mitigated by the fact that he was a solid recruiter as an assistant with the Gophers.  But I think the recruiting landscape has changed some since he was here too.  

And, he could have by far the biggest upside to any of the guys being mentioned.   

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 11:35 am
Boosker
(@boosker14)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 240
Rep Pts: 1060
 

Posted by: @mlhouse
↑

I really think that immediate influx of talent is needed to prop the program back up to a spot we can be competitive recruiters again.  

I don't think bringing guys from the previous job should really be the selling point of bringing a guy in, nor do I think that would be a boon for recruiting. 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 12:33 pm
Queen of Gopher Hockey
(@queenofgopherhockey)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 38
Rep Pts: 108
 

@thebirdman 

Depends on the B1G 10 rules which are more difficult from all other teams in the Hockey area.

 

QoGH


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 12:35 pm
Queen of Gopher Hockey
(@queenofgopherhockey)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 38
Rep Pts: 108
 

@iceburg 

 

Who is the Women's GM?

 

QoGH


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 12:37 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2195
Rep Pts: 4086
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @queenofgopherhockey
↑

@iceburg 

 

Who is the Women's GM?

 

QoGH

https://gophersports.com/staff-directory/jessica-scott/1795

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 1:25 pm



Queen of Gopher Hockey
(@queenofgopherhockey)
Lucia Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 38
Rep Pts: 108
 

Ah, so it's an assistant coach and a GM.  I haven't seen this before. 

Thanks for the info.

So, the Men's Hockey needs a GM/Asst Coach like that. Okay!

 

QoGH

 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 1:40 pm
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Bonin Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 641
Rep Pts: 1315
Post on old board: 5335
Goldy77
(@goldy77)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 458
Rep Pts: 1075
 

https://twitter.com/russohockey/status/2035071005006200921?s=46

Whoops


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 2:18 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2079
Rep Pts: 6309
Post on old board: 15139
 

Hopefully Barr at least gets an interview.


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 2:30 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Aka Rabs already has the job

https://twitter.com/gopherhole/status/2035063343833391582?s=46&t=AvtsG2WfNuGRyXzbYJqB7g


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 2:44 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 1007
Rep Pts: 3884
 

Posted by: @goldy77
↑

https://twitter.com/russohockey/status/2035071005006200921?s=46

Whoops

it would be funny if Augustana does end up making the tourney with Rabs still there as a lame duck coach, after he’s already interviewing for the Gophers job

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 2:56 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Raboin's current goalie Josh Kotai made the final 3 for the Richter award today:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2026/03/20_Augustine-Hrabal-Kotai-.php

Will he be a Gopher next year?


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 3:09 pm
MNNavy
(@mnnavy)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 1284
Rep Pts: 2224
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Raboin's current goalie Josh Kotai made the final 3 for the Richter award today:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2026/03/20_Augustine-Hrabal-Kotai-.php

Will he be a Gopher next year?

If he is, Luca is gone...

 


Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes - Harry S Truman

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 3:16 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 357
Rep Pts: 411
 

@mnnavy not neccesarily airey likely is.


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 3:19 pm
Blue Bandit 24
(@bluebandit24)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1010
Rep Pts: 2900
 

If the team added Kotai, easy to see Luca finding a better spot to start most games. Of course, a lot to play out yet. Feels likely Airey is out.


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 3:21 pm
Goldy77
(@goldy77)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 458
Rep Pts: 1075
 

St Cloud fans gotta be losing it about the Gophers taking/interviewing their coaches.


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 4:39 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @goldy77
↑

St Cloud fans gotta be losing it about the Gophers taking/interviewing their coaches.

if we hire Larson I will lose it

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 5:41 pm
F Da Sue reacted



Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3795
Rep Pts: 11908
Post on old board: 10120
 

Oh but as long as Bob is out it’s gotta be better right? 
I’m worried this was a hasty decision by Coyle due to peer pressure without a well-thought out plan in place.  
if the next guy f’s it up I’m sure it will somehow still all be Bob’s fault.  

Hope I’m wrong.  Commence telling me I am. 😂


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 6:06 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Raboin declined????? Wtf??????


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 20, 2026 6:07 pm
Page 4 / 32

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad