I'm as shocked as you that Harris and Begley haven't entered the portal yet. As for D, if Smith commits, I would assume Phillips is asked to play one more year of juniors - either USHL or somewhere in Canada.
PS - Strahl will be a sophomore, not a junior.
I saw a twitter conversation in the meantime and the gentleman was adamant that Phillips is pushing back a year to 27.
Fixed Strahl, Thank you.
I'm as shocked as you that Harris and Begley haven't entered the portal yet. As for D, if Smith commits, I would assume Phillips is asked to play one more year of juniors - either USHL or somewhere in Canada.
PS - Strahl will be a sophomore, not a junior.
with Harris, I do know that he joined the team with full intent on being a practice player. Yes, he did get in a game or two but he knows he’s a practice player and was good with that from what I’ve been told. So guessing that’s still the understanding.
Begley I have no idea.
either case is probably a non issue if we truly had a roster spot that we didn’t fill last year.
This begs the question if practice players are allowed outside of the 26 roster spots? Like gray shirts in football? @eric-vegoe
I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
I'm as shocked as you that Harris and Begley haven't entered the portal yet. As for D, if Smith commits, I would assume Phillips is asked to play one more year of juniors - either USHL or somewhere in Canada.
PS - Strahl will be a sophomore, not a junior.
I saw a twitter conversation in the meantime and the gentleman was adamant that Phillips is pushing back a year to 27.
Fixed Strahl, Thank you.
snippet from Phillips’ Elite Prospects profile….lol.
I believe others have posted about his tendencies to take penalties. This about sums it up.
might be a better fit to jump right to the AHL with his size and nastiness lol
Maybe I'm missing someone, but as of right now here is what it looks like? I don't really understand what's going on with Begley or Harris at this point. Why not grab Hall instead of Harris? If Tarin Smith is in the mix, something is going to have to give on the back end, and they'll need to add goalie 3 as well (unless I'm missing someone).
For the '26 class, I just used what Jupiter has on the "recruits"page. Maybe there'll be a change there, but the only one I can think would be an option would be Nevers - but I know nothing about that. Or is Katz a legit option to come in this year with the season he's having?
FORWARD
Sr: Ludtke
Jr: Hendrickson, Harris, Ziemer, Burnevik (transfer)
So: Pritchard, Mooney, Moore, Townsend, Moe
Fr: Kvasnicka ('26), Humphreys ('26), W. Cullen ('26), B Cullen ('26), Nevers ('26)
DEFENSE
Sr: Begley, Murr (transfer)
Jr: Whipple
So: Rombach, Henricks (transfer)
Fr: Phillips ('26), Harper ('26), Lofgren ('26)
TENDY
Sr: Di Pasquo
Jr:
So: Strahl (transfer)
Fr:
Would Humphries be a Freshman or Sophomore since he placed 10 games for Michigan in 2024?
I switched him to a SOPH and transfer.
I can’t wait for the Power Play with Ziemer on the left dot, Burnevik on the right dot, Mooney buzzing around making plays, Murr at the point, and whoever you want as your 5th.
It sounds like loftus is coming too. That should guarantee that Phillips won’t be coming in?
I don’t think we are going to be seeing Levi Harper play for the gophers.
I don’t think we are going to be seeing Levi Harper play for the gophers.
I think all signs were pointing to Harper not coming in next year, which is probably the right choice for him at his size and with us adding in the portal as we did. He's stayed posted as being committed on his socials even since Bob was let go
It sounds like loftus is coming too. That should guarantee that Phillips won’t be coming in?
Hadn't seen that on Loftus yet. Is that legit?
I don’t think we are going to be seeing Levi Harper play for the gophers.
I think all signs were pointing to Harper not coming in next year, which is probably the right choice for him at his size and with us adding in the portal as we did. He's stayed posted as being committed on his socials even since Bob was let go
I meant at all. Those posts are gone.
I don’t think we are going to be seeing Levi Harper play for the gophers.
I think all signs were pointing to Harper not coming in next year, which is probably the right choice for him at his size and with us adding in the portal as we did. He's stayed posted as being committed on his socials even since Bob was let go
I meant at all. Those posts are gone.
was up this AM. Must've just come down then.
Added Loftus out of the portal. Good reliable 8th dman.
Smith-Murr
Rombach-Henricks
Whipple-Harper
Lofgren
Ex. Loftus
or if we delay Harper:
Smith-Murr
Rombach-Henricks
Whipple-Lofgren
Loftus
Obviously if you land Dupont everyone slides down one.
Harper has removed all Minnesota stuff from his IG
Harper has removed all Minnesota stuff from his IG
Well this is the first disappointment of the day...unless you've got Smith and/or Dupont waiting in the hopper
Harper has removed all Minnesota stuff from his IG
Well this is the first disappointment of the day...unless you've got Smith and/or Dupont waiting in the hopper
Smith is in the hopper and we’ve got as good a chance as anyone at Dupont.
Harper has removed all Minnesota stuff from his IG
Well this is the first disappointment of the day...unless you've got Smith and/or Dupont waiting in the hopper
Smith is in the hopper and we’ve got as good a chance as anyone at Dupont.
Are we 100% confident Smith has committed?
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Why take Loftus if it’s going to push out Harper?
Losing Harper is the first bad news of this roster churn. I wonder if arrival year was a debate.
Would imagine Smith (if he is close to a commit) was the big impediment. Loftus likely an upgrade on the third pair/7th defenseman.
I gotta believe that Murr is who pushed Harper out.Why take Loftus if it’s going to push out Harper?
Probably not a great idea for a kid to play 3rd pair, with little PP time, as a 18 year old trying to get drafted.
Harper is a horrible loss say no to smith or murr if they do not get DuPont this d core will not be that good
I updated the recruits page to a recruits/transfers page.
The stats parts contain combined for both.
Edit: Been so busy that I didn't even know about Harper de-committing. He has been removed.
Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃
I gotta believe that Murr is who pushed Harper out.Why take Loftus if it’s going to push out Harper?
Probably not a great idea for a kid to play 3rd pair, with little PP time, as a 18 year old trying to get drafted.
What if it's Tarin Smith pushing Harper out?
Harper is a horrible loss say no to smith or murr if they do not get DuPont this d core will not be that good
In a vacuum senior Murr is better than freshman Harper. He was gonna be 6/7th D on this team. Still a huge loss though for the future years.
Wonder where things stand with Bode Laylin? Not disputing that he’ll end up a gopher but seemed like he might be in the mix to come in next year no?
and also haven’t heard anything about JJ Wiebusch. Seemed like a few folks had hopes that he may come here and be closer to home.. although it would seem that WI would also be of interest if that were the driver
Wonder where things stand with Bode Laylin? Not disputing that he’ll end up a gopher but seemed like he might be in the mix to come in next year no?
and also haven’t heard anything about JJ Wiebusch. Seemed like a few folks had hopes that he may come here and be closer to home.. although it would seem that WI would also be of interest if that were the driver
Laylin was always a 2027-2028 in my eyes. Feels he is a Gopher lean given the timing of his dad's hire and his decommit.
Wiebusch is a good player but have to imagine center is the focus if more portal adds are to come. Should be okay on the wings.
Very well could be. There really isn't much point in Harper coming in this year if he isn't going to be running the PP. And there's no chance that Larson could make that promise with Murr on the roster. I don't know anything about Smith, but if he's a PP guy as well then that would just add another reason for Harper to look elsewhere.I gotta believe that Murr is who pushed Harper out.Why take Loftus if it’s going to push out Harper?
Probably not a great idea for a kid to play 3rd pair, with little PP time, as a 18 year old trying to get drafted.
What if it's Tarin Smith pushing Harper out?
So if I’m following, we have something like:
Cullen-Mooney-Ziemer
Hendrickson-Moe-Burnevik
Moore-Ludtke-Humphreys
Kvasnicka-Townsend-Pritchard
Smith-Murr
Rombach-Henricks
Whipple-Loftus
Lofgren
Di Pasquo
Strahl
Extras: Katz? B. Cullen, Harris? Begley?
Maybe I'm missing someone, but as of right now here is what it looks like? I don't really understand what's going on with Begley or Harris at this point. Why not grab Hall instead of Harris? If Tarin Smith is in the mix, something is going to have to give on the back end, and they'll need to add goalie 3 as well (unless I'm missing someone).
For the '26 class, I just used what Jupiter has on the "recruits"page. Maybe there'll be a change there, but the only one I can think would be an option would be Nevers - but I know nothing about that. Or is Katz a legit option to come in this year with the season he's having?
FORWARD
Sr: Ludtke
Jr: Hendrickson, Harris, Ziemer, Burnevik (transfer)
So: Pritchard, Mooney, Moore, Townsend, Moe, Humphreys (transfer)
Fr: Kvasnicka ('26), W. Cullen ('26), B Cullen ('26), Nevers ('26)
DEFENSE
Sr: Begley, Murr (transfer)
Jr: Whipple, Loftus (transfer)
So: Rombach, Henricks (transfer)
Fr: Phillips ('26), Lofgren ('26)
TENDY
Sr: Di Pasquo
Jr:
So: Strahl (transfer)
Fr:
Took out Harper, added Loftus. Perhaps it is Smith, but there has to be another move or 2 on Defense.
I still don't think we have anything official on Smith, though many are confident it is close to a done deal.
Brock Souch is still committed to St. Cloud State and he was one to watch. Would be a coup if Oliver convinces him to stay.
I think it’s more likely getting Murr in the transfer portal (and Smith to commit, if that materializes) is what pushed out Harper. And Loftus is a depth guy likely competing for a spot on the 3rd pair. As J22 pointed out, makes no sense bringing in an 18 year old skill guy D if he isn’t going to play skill guy minutes or power play. Again, Larson needs to piece together a team with the “right” players….not an all star team.Why take Loftus if it’s going to push out Harper?
My guess is Loftus was a reaction to Harper
So if I’m following, we have something like:
Cullen-Mooney-Ziemer
Hendrickson-Moe-Burnevik
Moore-Ludtke-Humphreys
Kvasnicka-Townsend-Pritchard
Smith-Murr
Rombach-Henricks
Whipple-Loftus
Lofgren
Di Pasquo
Strahl
Extras: Katz? B. Cullen, Harris? Begley?
1000% need another center and even if you get Smith, they should be looking to add further there imo.
Doesn’t Nevers age out of the USHL?
@upnorthkid Nevers is out of junior eligibility. He is on campus, either with the Gophers or elsewhere.
So if I’m following, we have something like:
Cullen-Mooney-Ziemer
Hendrickson-Moe-Burnevik
Moore-Ludtke-Humphreys
Kvasnicka-Townsend-Pritchard
Smith-Murr
Rombach-Henricks
Whipple-Loftus
Lofgren
Di Pasquo
Strahl
Extras: Katz? B. Cullen, Harris? Begley?
1000% need another center and even if you get Smith, they should be looking to add further there imo.
Doesn’t Nevers age out of the USHL?
I was told Nevers was gonna deco but we’ll see I guess
Gopher hockey twitter has started putting out the commits
Murr and Loftus are the first 2
Losing Harper seems like the price of doing business. Murr, Tarin Smith, and Henricks are going to be instant impact players and he probably knows a huge chunk of his runway is now gone.
I will keep hammering the fact they need a top line center before the season starts though.
Roster coming together pretty damn nicely! The season can’t start soon enough.
Interesting, on Gophersports.com the 25-26 roster has removed all the transfer portal kids; but still has the graduated seniors. Coaching staff is updated too. Maybe they are in the middle of updating the site but if not, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t show who was all on the team last season.
https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster
Scrolling the portal names and can’t find many top-6 centers available. Maybe a CHLer could fit the bill; or maybe Hall is coming?
Scrolling the portal names and can’t find many top-6 centers available. Maybe a CHLer could fit the bill; or maybe Hall is coming?
Hall is a wing. Roed would’ve been the rumored SCSU center.
Personally I’d rather see them going hard at the chl
Harper to und thats what they think in grand forks
Harper to und thats what they think in grand forks
und is under the impression almost every top tier defender is going there. Would make zero sense with Verhoeff back to run the PP
@upnorthkid lol that’s true I live in gf and that sure seems to be the case as of the last year but do not want to loose anything to them
Harper has removed all Minnesota stuff from his IG
Well this is the first disappointment of the day...unless you've got Smith and/or Dupont waiting in the hopper
Smith is in the hopper and we’ve got as good a chance as anyone at Dupont.
Are we 100% confident Smith has committed?
no…my sources say he doesn’t want to play college hockey but the Ducks are pushing him to do it. No decisions have been made and there’s a remote chance he may reenter the draft.
So we need 1-2 forwards depending on if Nevers is coming in and what is actually taking place with Harris? Seemed like Larson is really close with Pete Roed so hoping Nolan ends up coming down 94 still. Is there a CHL guy they are looking at we are unaware of?
Options: Nevers, C. Laylin, Brock Souch, Ruck twins, Nolan Roed
If they have Tarin Smith (That still seems 50/50 to me) then they have 8 D and likely are set. If not, I still think there are plenty of decent options out there compared to the F spot.
Options: T. Smith, B. Laylin, Dupont (we can dream), Daxon Rudolph, Joe Gramer
Goalie seems to likely just be a practice guy so that can get filled with almost anyone.



