Know it's super early, but work mandates I have to plan vacations way the hell out.
Did it ever get announced when the return to MTU is or the date with UND for next year? need some Gopher hockey to look forward to before my hate watching trip to LV in a few days
The Whioux games are October 23-24
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Are we going to Boston next season or is there a bridge year in between? The road trip potential of a schedule with Houghton, Boston and Duluth trips would be awesome.
Are we going to Boston next season or is there a bridge year in between? The road trip potential of a schedule with Houghton, Boston and Duluth trips would be awesome.
Boston (BC) is the following year ( as of now )
Bob said BU also wanted to be on the schedule in the future. But that may change with Larson.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Yeah, I meant to drop a note in there that it was sort of expected to only be 480 giving the tech available at the time.Yeah... 480 is all I had back in the day.
Know it's super early, but work mandates I have to plan vacations way the hell out.
Did it ever get announced when the return to MTU is or the date with UND for next year? need some Gopher hockey to look forward to before my hate watching trip to LV in a few days
MTU is 10/2 & 10/3 this fall.
BC is 10/8 & 10/9 of 2027.
Thanks to Brett for going on the pod, was great to hear from him. He is selling himself to me QUICKLY. He is saying all the right things
Thank you @jupiter and @eric-vegoe for hosting him. Lot of good information!
Couple interesting things he said
1. He confirmed they were announcing 5 guys joining the staff. Probably wasn’t supposed to say that haha. He confirmed the 3 assistants, goalie and player development.
2. He mentioned that he has gone to see the incoming guys. It’s expected that he would, but good to hear the confirmation that he’s going to see them in person
3. He talked about the tough decisions that were going to be coming up regarding the portal. And maybe telling some guys that there isn’t room next year, which is needed
He turned Motzko down last yearI’ve listened to Coach Larson a couple times now as Gopher coach. Every time he has emphasized “every coach will recruit.” Was this not happening before, if so seems insane?
Also on KFAN mentioned bringing in a couple pieces on D, color me intrigued.
If one of those pieces isn’t Tanner Henricks I will be shocked.
Agreed. Also….
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/658220/evan-murr
new staff might get a different result
Signs are pointing to him returning for his senior year.
I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
@eric-vegoe or anyone else… do we know the full 12 game non-conference games yet?
2 @michigan tech
2 @duluth
2 home vs. North Dakota
any idea on other 6?
I thought those were the following season, but I could be wrong.
GPL posted then deleted....Portal bound
Erik Påhlsson
Leo Gruba
August Falloon
Axel Begley
Jimmy Clark
Max Rud
Graham Harris

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃
https://twitter.com/gopherhockey/status/2042672228500684875?s=46
well this would be a really messed up way to announce guys leaving so there better be some real hard hitting commits coming in lol
https://twitter.com/gopherhockey/status/2042672228500684875?s=46
well this would be a really messed up way to announce guys leaving so there better be some real hard hitting commits coming in lol
Maybe Tarin Smith.
Confirmation of Ziemer and Mooney being back?
https://twitter.com/gopherhockey/status/2042672228500684875?s=46
well this would be a really messed up way to announce guys leaving so there better be some real hard hitting commits coming in lol
It's Bobby Brink.
Maybe...probably but would be more of a "Ohh thank God" rather than a "Holy hell! Awesome!"
Confirmation of Ziemer and Mooney being back?
That would probably be it actually. Don’t think the official account would tweet about a recruit.
Confirmation of Ziemer and Mooney being back?
That would probably be it actually. Don’t think the official account would tweet about a recruit.
If they sign their NLI then the account could tweet it.
But considering there is steam about portal entrants, it makes sense that they would then confirm Ziemer and Mooney being back.
That would be pretty underwhelming or quite the tease. Thought that was pretty much expected.
That would be pretty underwhelming or quite the tease. Thought that was pretty much expected.
Sure, but all the Gopher teams tweet out the We're Back posts to make it official. So this sure seems to lend to what it is after all the one one ones and the multiple portal entrants.
Guessing we see them for at least Mooney, Ziemer, Luca. But the WBB did basically their entire roster, so very possible se wee Lutdke, Prichard, Hendrickson etc...
Once Tarin Smith is official, we are cooking with gas.
Good news on the Z front
https://twitter.com/dtathletes/status/2042695313152975192?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good news on the Z front
https://twitter.com/dtathletes/status/2042695313152975192?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A
Should have just put the C on him in the picture
Absolutely necessary to keep those two and we have so that's a good start. That was my only trepidation with a coaching change (those two potentially leaving or some type of major decommit).
Once Tarin Smith is official, we are cooking with gas.
I may have missed this elsewhere so forgive me if this is a dumb question...but it this legit steam or wishful thinking?
Once Tarin Smith is official, we are cooking with gas.
I may have missed this elsewhere so forgive me if this is a dumb question...but it this legit steam or wishful thinking?
At this point, just speculation/wishful thinking based on Smith following Minnesota on X. (the only team he's following?)
Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes - Harry S Truman
I do not want smith we need some right handers
Once Tarin Smith is official, we are cooking with gas.
I may have missed this elsewhere so forgive me if this is a dumb question...but it this legit steam or wishful thinking?
At this point, just speculation/wishful thinking based on Smith following Minnesota on X. (the only team he's following?)
He is coming
From what I’m hearing Larson is on one #source
That would be pretty underwhelming or quite the tease. Thought that was pretty much expected.
Sure, but all the Gopher teams tweet out the We're Back posts to make it official. So this sure seems to lend to what it is after all the one one ones and the multiple portal entrants.
Guessing we see them for at least Mooney, Ziemer, Luca. But the WBB did basically their entire roster, so very possible se wee Lutdke, Prichard, Hendrickson etc...
Great news anyhow. Awesome that they decided to stay.
Once Tarin Smith is official, we are cooking with gas.
I may have missed this elsewhere so forgive me if this is a dumb question...but it this legit steam or wishful thinking?
At this point, just speculation/wishful thinking based on Smith following Minnesota on X. (the only team he's following?)
He is coming
him and Evan Murr
@mikeeruzione11 I can confirm the Ducks are pushing for him to go to Minnesota and he's considering it. Unfortunately, he's likely to be shut down for the season after an injury in the last game vs. Portland. Great player, only knock is the knack for untimely penalties.
Is anyone thinking we have a chance at DuPont?
@mishy I know DU was on to him heavy early on but after getting Lin, I'm not too sure. Also, heard there was some reciprocal interest between him and Providence. I have not heard anything about Minnesota. The tweet going around on the interweb about him being on campus is 100% false. He was in Everett yesterday. None of these top CHL players will be announcing anything during the playoffs...which can go into June for 4 teams.
@mikeeruzione11 I can confirm the Ducks are pushing for him to go to Minnesota and he's considering it. Unfortunately, he's likely to be shut down for the season after an injury in the last game vs. Portland. Great player, only knock is the knack for untimely penalties.
Curious what the thought is for the ducks there. Their rights are set to expire this year, does that extend them? Even if they did I would assume he could pull the unenroll and become a free agent move (a la players like Mike Reilly did). Feels like basically a decision not to sign him from them.
@mikeeruzione11 I can confirm the Ducks are pushing for him to go to Minnesota and he's considering it. Unfortunately, he's likely to be shut down for the season after an injury in the last game vs. Portland. Great player, only knock is the knack for untimely penalties.
Curious what the thought is for the ducks there. Their rights are set to expire this year, does that extend them? Even if they did I would assume he could pull the unenroll and become a free agent move (a la players like Mike Reilly did). Feels like basically a decision not to sign him from them.
Do signing rights extend from two to four years if players move to NCAA? Honestly not something I know and basic research did not yield a clear answer. Smith is a highly rated prospect in their system so I imagine they would have interest in signing him.
@mikeeruzione11 I can confirm the Ducks are pushing for him to go to Minnesota and he's considering it. Unfortunately, he's likely to be shut down for the season after an injury in the last game vs. Portland. Great player, only knock is the knack for untimely penalties.
Curious what the thought is for the ducks there. Their rights are set to expire this year, does that extend them? Even if they did I would assume he could pull the unenroll and become a free agent move (a la players like Mike Reilly did). Feels like basically a decision not to sign him from them.
Do signing rights extend from two to four years if players move to NCAA? Honestly not something I know and basic research did not yield a clear answer. Smith is a highly rated prospect in their system so I imagine they would have interest in signing him.
I don’t know really know, but I assume it extends them like players that used to play a year of ushl after they were drafted and teams owned their rights until they left college. But there was a loophole where they could unenroll after the season past those 4 years post-draft and become a free agent in June instead of August. Which was what Reilly did after his junior year (and others, also if I’m remembering correctly. Think Wheeler did it too even longer ago) and why teams would sign players before that year happened. So unless the rules changed I assume they would still own the right but he would be able to pull that move and become a free agent if he wanted to.
@mikeeruzione11 I can confirm the Ducks are pushing for him to go to Minnesota and he's considering it. Unfortunately, he's likely to be shut down for the season after an injury in the last game vs. Portland. Great player, only knock is the knack for untimely penalties.
Curious what the thought is for the ducks there. Their rights are set to expire this year, does that extend them? Even if they did I would assume he could pull the unenroll and become a free agent move (a la players like Mike Reilly did). Feels like basically a decision not to sign him from them.
they do have Lacombe in house and we have a lot of the same support staff in addition to the resources to prep him for the next level
I'm pretty sure that the drafting team retains the players rights for as long as they stay in college. Not sure the protocol on what happens if a kid suddenly quits school. My guess is there's a certain time frame for kids to declare whether or not they plan on going to school for that season.@mikeeruzione11 I can confirm the Ducks are pushing for him to go to Minnesota and he's considering it. Unfortunately, he's likely to be shut down for the season after an injury in the last game vs. Portland. Great player, only knock is the knack for untimely penalties.
Curious what the thought is for the ducks there. Their rights are set to expire this year, does that extend them? Even if they did I would assume he could pull the unenroll and become a free agent move (a la players like Mike Reilly did). Feels like basically a decision not to sign him from them.
Do signing rights extend from two to four years if players move to NCAA? Honestly not something I know and basic research did not yield a clear answer. Smith is a highly rated prospect in their system so I imagine they would have interest in signing him.
@mikeeruzione11 I can confirm the Ducks are pushing for him to go to Minnesota and he's considering it. Unfortunately, he's likely to be shut down for the season after an injury in the last game vs. Portland. Great player, only knock is the knack for untimely penalties.
Curious what the thought is for the ducks there. Their rights are set to expire this year, does that extend them? Even if they did I would assume he could pull the unenroll and become a free agent move (a la players like Mike Reilly did). Feels like basically a decision not to sign him from them.
they do have Lacombe in house and we have a lot of the same support staff in addition to the resources to prep him for the next level
I can fully see it from a developmental perspective. Both for the reasons you mention and getting probably top pair minutes in the Big Ten gauntlet is probably better than the AHL. Just seems like his out to become a free agent becomes too easy.

