16.1 K Views
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5306
Post on old board: 15786

Posted by: @bert

I was really hoping MN would have gone out there

They did a few years ago... This is CC's return trip to complete that contract.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 834
Post on old board: 5335
Topic starter  

Robert Morris here December 29th and 30th.  Gophers will be down several players--might make things a bit more interesting.

https://twitter.com/RMUMHockey/status/1671896281336401921

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4397

Hmm. Interesting.

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7427

Begley, Rud and Strobel will get a regular shift?

ReplyQuote
BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1107

Should be able to take care of business while getting some depth players ice time. Win/win.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1233
Post on old board: 5547

So Hockey Day in Minnesota is set

I remember when the Gophers were included, why no longer

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/hockey-day-minnesota-2024/c-335102056

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5167

I like to blame the other schools whining, but it is probably more because of TV contracts/rights/whathaveyou. 

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote

Keith
(@keith)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 123

Perhaps it's because the Big Ten hasn't released the men's hockey schedule until late August the last few years, so the Gophers schedule isn't set in time for Hockey Day to include them?

ReplyQuote
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1285

I’ve always gotten the feeling that the Wild think of the Gophers more of a rival than a partner.

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4589
Post on old board: 28736

Posted by: @eric-vegoe

I’ve always gotten the feeling that the Wild think of the Gophers more of a rival than a partner.

That wouldn't make a lot of sense...I mean I love the Gophers but they can't compete with an NHL team when it comes to popularity and appeal.  I would sooner believe we just aren't even on their radar.

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10549
Post on old board: 21741

Rival may be strong, I think the Wild are careful to acknowledge there are six D1 teams in the area and they don’t want to risk alienating anyone. 
This and a $1 will get you a lousy cup of coffee. 

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7251
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @handyman

That wouldn't make a lot of sense...I mean I love the Gophers but they can't compete with an NHL team when it comes to popularity and appeal.  I would sooner believe we just aren't even on their radar.

After last season I don’t know how we can’t be on their radar and wouldn’t have helped their ratings for hockey day   

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12567
Post on old board: 9626

The biggest question about HDM is if Bally's will still be in business when January comes around. As far as the Gophers being involved in HDM, it doesn't bother me either way. With streaming these days, most college hockey games are available in some way, and being on TV isn't the big advantage as it was in the past. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Do we expect the Gophers to play the US-18 team again this season? If so, any indication on if it’s during Christmas Break or early season?

ReplyQuote

Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

@mikeeruzione11 

They should still have one more game at Mariucci left.  The trip to Plymouth in 2018-19 called for four return games in Minnesota.  Would love to see Eiserman take on the Gophers this year

ReplyQuote
dave122793
(@dave122793)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 122

Presale for the St Thomas game at the Xcel is going on now at Ticketmaster. I don't have the U of MN presale code but the St Thomas code is "tommies" if anyone wants to jump on it early. 

Jupiter ♃ reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4618
Post on old board: 10695

Just got my e-mail from the U for season-ticket holders on the pre-sale.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

@dave122793 

U of M code is "gophers"

ReplyQuote
dave122793
(@dave122793)
Lucia Level Golden

@hey_sioux_suck I probably should have guessed that based on the St Thomas code ?

ReplyQuote
Boats
(@boats)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 654

If I am not a season ticket holder, can I use one of those codes still? Do they ask for proof or anything when you purchase or when you go in? 

ReplyQuote
dave122793
(@dave122793)
Lucia Level Golden

@boats nope just have to put in the code at Ticketmaster, I already got a pair myself.

Boats reacted
ReplyQuote

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Code works for anyone

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Make sure to check the bench labels.  Gopher men are on the Wild bench.  Women are on the "visitors" bench.

ReplyQuote
MNNavy
(@mnnavy)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1207

$27.50 in fees for two $30 tickets? I don't think so. Maybe I'll take my chances and hope the game isn't sold out for walk-up sales on game day.

Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes - Harry S Truman

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

You will still pay fees if you buy them from XCel day of...although I think they call it something else.

I would highly doubt it sells out though unless they cap tickets.

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @handyman

You will still pay fees if you buy them from XCel day of...although I think they call it something else.

I would highly doubt it sells out though unless they cap tickets.

It's even possible that it will be higher fees, if they add a buck or two for a physical ticket.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

It’s $9.50 extra a ticket and a $7.00 order fee.  
Didn’t automation make this all easier?  Wtf do they need to charge so much in fees for.  It’s not like some schlep has to print them out and put them in an envelope and mail them. ?‍♀️

speaking of the 23-24 schedule, when will we get the damn thing - anyone have any intel on if it will be this week or next?  Some of us have lives we need to get planned soon around Gopher Hockey! ?

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6988
Post on old board: 18942

Posted by: @cowgirl
speaking of the 23-24 schedule, when will we get the damn thing - anyone have any intel on if it will be this week or next?  Some of us have lives we need to get planned soon around Gopher Hockey! ?

Your life can wait if you're a true fan!!!!

(I really miss the Mr.Green smiley) 

ReplyQuote

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2572
Post on old board: 7833

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Speaking of the 23-24 schedule, when will we get the damn thing - anyone have any intel on if it will be this week or next?  Some of us have lives we need to get planned soon around Gopher Hockey! ?

Bored GIF

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3927
Post on old board: 12555

It’s $9.50 extra a ticket and a $7.00 order fee.  
Didn’t automation make this all easier?  Wtf do they need to charge so much in fees for.  It’s not like some schlep has to print them out and put them in an envelope and mail them. ?‍♀️

For what its worth, these computer systems are extremely expensive.  My company is fairly large.  We have very complex manufacturing and the system that handles all of it, down to production, inventory management, finance, and HR took years to implement and likely cost well into 9 figures.

Ticket Master is a totally different system, but I have to imagine the software to manage all of these events/venues is also very, very expensive.  And these days they have to have people, or another system manage cancellations.  When I was sitting in a bar in Chicago hoping our Cubs tickets weren't going to be rained out I was trying to research the process for replacing the digital tickets.  In the olden days, the team would refund the paper ticket holder or offer a ticket for another day when the replacement schedule was announced.  With paper tickets it was fairly straightforward.  Now the various companies that buy/sell tickets have to maintain the list of who was currently holding the e tickets to make sure the current e ticket holder, not the original buyer, was reimburssed/ issued tickets for the new game.  Constantly upgrading security and dealing with all the various phone operating systems.  This has to be very complex and not cheap to build/maintain.

That said, The paper ticket situation for last year's Fargo regional was a ridiculous shit show.  On the other hand I took my kid to a Vikings game last year and paid about $100 in fees for two tickets, so I do also get pissed about the fees.  There has to be something to fix the situation, while still understanding e tickets must stay.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @slap-shot

Your life can wait if you're a true fan!!!!

(I really miss the Mr.Green smiley) 

Tell that to my work who is getting upset I still have several Fridays blocked off that they can’t fill with appointments until I know the schedule! 

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

FWIW, last year the schedule was released on August 22. The TV schedule on Oct 14th....

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @frozen4champs

FWIW, last year the schedule was released on August 22. The TV schedule on Oct 14th....

I know I'm not as concerned with the TV Schedule.  I want the regular one to come out so I can start planning road trips.

ReplyQuote
Zwak
 Zwak
(@zwak)
Broten Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 2372
Post on old board: 11850

Posted by: @steve-mn

I know I'm not as concerned with the TV Schedule.  I want the regular one to come out so I can start planning road trips.

There have been some years when the small pocket schedules have been available at the State Fair.  Not every year though 

ReplyQuote

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

I hear ya. As you know, all home games are road trips for me, so I to am patiently waiting as well.  For us passionate fans, the dog days of summer consists of waiting for the schedule, final roster decisions, recruits committing and the TV schedule. On the bright side, we only have 54+ days of this speculation and waiting. ? 

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @zwak

There have been some years when the small pocket schedules have been available at the State Fair.  Not every year though 

I don’t think they’ve had pocket schedules at all for a couple years now. 

gator reacted
ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5635
Post on old board: 16243

Take it with a grain a salt, read some comments on a Michigan feed that the BIG sch. could come out today or Monday. Again... take it with a grain of salt.

Keep your stick on the ice...

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5635
Post on old board: 16243

Agree... haven't seen a Men's Hockey pocket sch. in years. Pretty sure they still do most other sports like football, both basketballs, volleyball and women's hockey.

Keep your stick on the ice...

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Posted by: @gator

Agree... haven't seen a Men's Hockey pocket sch. in years. Pretty sure they still do most other sports like football, both basketballs, volleyball and women's hockey.

I think the last one I recall was 21-22 and it was a combined mens/womens pocket schedule.

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3927
Post on old board: 12555

Are you talking about a paper schedule you’d have to carry around?

Why would anyone want that?

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

I think for most of us the pocket schedule is a tradition or rite of passage rather than something people carry around with them to see when the games are.  It certainly isn't life or death, but when they come out it seems that hockey season is a bit closer to starting for me.

gator reacted
ReplyQuote

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

wait title GIF

ReplyQuote
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2572
Post on old board: 7833

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

wait title GIF

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

Tom Petty Waiting GIF

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1694011943546232925

ReplyQuote

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8