34 Users
32 Likes
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4586
Post on old board: 28736

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Cam Christie declares for the NBA draft (LOL). Maintains college eligibility.

https://twitter.com/24CameronC/status/1778864446208667908  

Why is that funny?  It is the smart decision for about a million (actually much more) reasons.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4381

Posted by: @handyman

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Cam Christie declares for the NBA draft (LOL). Maintains college eligibility.

https://twitter.com/24CameronC/status/1778864446208667908  

Why is that funny?  It is the smart decision for about a million (actually much more) reasons.

Are you his agent? 

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

No...im just someone who knows how these things work and that this has been expected since about January.  I still don't understand why you find it funny at all.

His brother did the same thing at Michigan State and is enjoying a nice career in the NBA...and his numbers were not that different than Cam's. (he was rated higher out of HS but that matters little)

"Declaring for the Draft" means very little in the NBA until after the June 15th deadline.  If he doesn't like what teams tell him he can come back no harm no foul.  Truth is though I would not be surprised if a team drafts him late and wants him in the G-League for his final development.  The question will be is that enough for him to leave.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Yeah you know everything. Surprised somebody as brilliant as you is sitting on a forum posting. We are all so lucky to have you here. Although you’re just a box score watcher (I.E. your Matthew Wood take). You don’t watch any of the games, you just come on here and try to talk down to everyone @handyman

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3337
Post on old board: 30840

Everything he said is factually correct. Not sure why you got so insulted by it.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Yes it is. He copy and pasted another poster from Gopher Hole I am sure. 

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

What is your problem?  Why come at me?  All I did was ask why it was funny when it is literally something dozenss do every season because the NBA draft and NCAA basketball allow for it.  Coffey did it just a few years ago...Cam's brother did it after 1 year at MSU.  Players that are borderline or who want to know what they need to work on get evaluated by scouts from NBA teams and find out if they are in position to be drafted.  Even second round picks make decent money.  It isn't like the NHL where playing in the AHL is not super lucrative (barring a guaranteed contract or signing bonus) so it makes sense to maybe stick around...NBA players do well going to the G League and then moving up.  Coffey has made like $7 million undrafted and the Elder Christie is doing quite well with the Lakers.  If I read right second round picks can get like a $2 million deal depending...

And your little childish dig at me copying someone from Gopherhole was cute (especially since I never pass other people's thoughts off as my own I always say 'I got this from someone at [insert place here]')but for the record media people have been talking about the fact that Christie would likely test the waters.  I am not some basketball insider or anything, if you just read articles in the Athletic or the Strib (or listen to the broadcasts or when radio/tv discusses the team) it gets mentioned all the time.  Hell it got mentioned in games...especially if his family was in attendance.  He has the type of game NBA teams like, even if he has some growing up to do.  

You seem to think I am trying like pat myself on the back or brag about how smart I am...I am not.  I will if you want me to but I don't get off on being the smartest man on the internet, it does little for me.  It just seems to me that you came to this discussion without all of the facts...like a lot of people do.  You probably chuckled thinking "why would some freshmen on the Gophers declare for the draft he can't possibly be ready" (something I am sure the clowns on KFAN will do Monday) and so I was just trying to make sure you understood how the draft worked.  I wasn't insulting you, hell I just re-read it I never even spoke in any sort of snarky way to you.  Yet here you are getting all uppity like I spit in your face.  You do you man but you might want to lighten up a bit because if you take this much offense to someone asking you a pretty basic question in a non-threatening or snarky way it might be time for a vacation.

GopherPete reacted
ReplyQuote

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6977
Post on old board: 18942

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

ReplyQuote
GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 406

"Couldn’t be more excited to be coming back for one more year with @DTAthletes"

It's as if the players now play for whoever is paying them, rather than the team they supposedly represent.

ReplyQuote
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1176

Posted by: @gopherpete

It's as if the players now play for whoever is paying them, rather than the team they supposedly represent.

How long til we hear a story about a collective sabotaging a coach they don't like by withholding NIL money?

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Saw an article from The Athletic today ranking the NBA prospects and potential draft picks. This article had Cam Christie as his 38th ranked prospect. 

I think if Christie is told he won't be a first round pick he will probably return for another season but my guess is if he hears he'd be a first rounder he'll be going pro.

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

I would say 2 things are at play based on nothing but how this seems to play out elsewhere...

1) how much money will play in.  If he is told he is likely to get drafted in a certain spot will the contract be enough to get him to leave.  Is it more than he can make in NIL or similar and how much does he care about that?

2) whether he likes being in school.  All things being equal would he prefer a season of G-League or playing in the Big Ten Infinity?  He is not going to be playing in the NBA next year no matter what, so where would he rather work on his game?

The draft is supposed to be pretty weak unlike next year (not that I could name 2 people in any draft these days) so that will play in as well.  I think with him the Gophs have a chance (with a few more additions including another center) to be better.  Without him they are going to be in a lot of trouble unless they find another pure shooter like him.

ReplyQuote
MATT
 MATT
(@matt)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 216

Posted by: @gopherpete

He does say “Having Minnesota across my chest in an honor!” immediately preceding that.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
ReplyQuote

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12548
Post on old board: 9626

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1782475056242733241

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

After Hawkins announced he was returning about two weeks ago, now he's going to the portal.

Getting real sick of this.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Absurd.

ReplyQuote
Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Stauber Level Moderator
Rep Pts: 973
Post on old board: 8405

The Word Commit means nothing when it comes to college sports.   

BAN THE PORTAL 

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @beauner

After Hawkins announced he was returning about two weeks ago, now he's going to the portal.

Next year is going to be a train wreck and college sports is killing itself.

edit: Hawkins isn't even in the portal...I remember when tampering was a thing.

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @handyman

Next year is going to be a train wreck and college sports is killing itself.

edit: Hawkins isn't even in the portal...I remember when tampering was a thing.

Yeah this REEKS of tampering

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 834
Post on old board: 5335

Yeah Tampering is totally legal now with the way the NCAA has capitulated to all the courts.  

They are going to somehow find some actual binding guidelines that somehow meet legal muster or else its only going to get worse and worse.  

ReplyQuote

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Saw somewhere that Payne committed to Texas A&M.

ReplyQuote
Hammy
(@hammy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 613
Post on old board: 14946

This is why I largely don't care very much about college sports any longer.

I will always pull for the Gophers but college sports has essentially become a lesser pro league... money involved and even more "free agency" than the pros have. I'd hate to be a college coach these days...

All we need now is for college teams to be able to make player trades and we're set 🙄 

HandyNotDan and Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Rigsby is a nice bench player but if he starts...yeesh.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4