60 Users
132 Likes
15.8 K Views
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5288
Post on old board: 15786

GPL Schedule updated with 10/13 game against St. Thomas at the X. I assume they will also play Saturday night at Mariucci, so I added that game as well.

https://gopherpucklive.com/schedule/

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 832
Post on old board: 5335
Topic starter  

Now official.  Tickets on sale to both UST and MN season ticket holders on 8/14 and to the general public on 8/22.

https://twitter.com/TommieAthletics/status/1656751444999979008

ReplyQuote
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1276

Posted by: @jupiter

Posted by: @gopherguy05

That is also the traditional starting weekend for the Big Ten schedule too, and with Non con the week before and the week after I'm guessing that is conference opening weekend for us, but you never know. 

But... There is always a B1G team not playing each week of league play.

Who knows what the schedule is going to be... but Ohio State plays at Omaha Oct. 27/28.

ReplyQuote
GO4Swammy
(@go4swammy)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 62

Thoughts on whether the game at the X will be part of the STH package?  This is my first year of being a STH after watching 99% of Gopher Hockey games for 35+ years.

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @go4swammy

Thoughts on whether the game at the X will be part of the STH package?  This is my first year of being a STH after watching 99% of Gopher Hockey games for 35+ years.

This is a St. Thomas "home" game... Nothing to do with MN STH.

Get your own board!

gator reacted
ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

But the St. Thomas article did say that both Gophers and Tommies season ticket holders will get access to a presale a week before tickets are on sale to the general public.  So we do get an advantage on getting in the building and hopefully better seats.  

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7391

I wonder how many tickets they can realistically sell for this thing. Initially I’m thinking lower bowl and club. 

ReplyQuote

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

But the St. Thomas article did say that both Gophers and Tommies season ticket holders will get access to a presale a week before tickets are on sale to the general public.  So we do get an advantage on getting in the building and hopefully better seats.  

Yes... But not part of any MN Season Ticket package as was mentioned in the post.

Get your own board!

gator reacted
ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7416

Posted by: @greyeagle

I'd love to see a weekend at Maine on a future schedule.  Especially in October....I'm all in for that.

I drove from Maryland to Maine to go to a Black Bear game (24 hours of driving round trip). I wore a Gopher jersey at the game. Maine fans gave me some funny looks since it was about 5 years after we beat them in the National Championship game. They probably thought I was taunting them but it had nothing to do with them I always wore a Gopher jersey when going to games out east and in the midwest to see arenas/fans/games when I didn't live in Minnesota. Wearing a Gopher jersey allowed other fans especially from USCHO to know I was there resulting in meeting up with a bunch of them.

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Gopherfaninforks
(@gopherfaninforks)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 24

@jupiter  as a sth from out of the metro these home an home games and these gimmick games vs stt are getting old. There is no gain for the Gophers to play stt in my opinion. Going to Alaska and getting 2 extra games (if that is still the rule) would be better wouldn't it? Getting omaha on the schedule would be better than stt wouldn't it? Yes I would love to see top teams every weekend but I know that won't happen (I did go to both Lindenwood games but those were in my ticket package).

ReplyQuote
Suffering Sota Fan
(@sufferingsotafan)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 330

Posted by: @gopherfaninforks

@jupiter  as a sth from out of the metro these home an home games and these gimmick games vs stt are getting old. There is no gain for the Gophers to play stt in my opinion. Going to Alaska and getting 2 extra games (if that is still the rule) would be better wouldn't it? Getting omaha on the schedule would be better than stt wouldn't it? Yes I would love to see top teams every weekend but I know that won't happen (I did go to both Lindenwood games but those were in my ticket package).

Going to disagree with calling St. Thomas a "gimmick game".  Yes, the Tommies will likely be in the lower third of the pairwise so I get the strength of schedule piece but laying the ground work for an inter Twin Cities Rivalry is a no brainer in my opinion. To me it would of been weird to go 3 or more years without playing the Tommies on the Mens side.  Also, having it be a double header with the women's program is a nice touch. 

*I am very biased on this subject being an Alum of both St Thomas & UofM. 

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5592
Post on old board: 16243

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

I wonder how many tickets they can realistically sell for this thing. Initially I’m thinking lower bowl and club. 

If I recall when Mankato hosted the Gophers at the “X”, it’s at least 100 and Club. And very possible the 200 as well. I remember not sitting in the 100, but can’t remember if it was Club or 200.

Keep your stick on the ice...

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4367

Should be a fun night at the Xcel. I’m all for these kind of games as long as they don’t count as a Gophers home game.

ReplyQuote
Gopherfaninforks
(@gopherfaninforks)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 24

@sufferingsotafan having the game at the X is kind of the definition of a gimmick game. It's not part of any season ticket package. Also my opinion of games vs stt is of no benefit is because (and I may be wrong) they aren't eligible for ncaa yet.

ReplyQuote

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

@sufferingsotafan having the game at the X is kind of the definition of a gimmick game. It's not part of any season ticket package. Also my opinion of games vs stt is of no benefit is because (and I may be wrong) they aren't eligible for ncaa yet.

It's St. Thomas giving up the home game, they can do what they want with how they sell the tickets. I'd rather it be at the X so Gopher fans can pack it rather than playing in front of 800 at their current arena.  Gophers will host St. Thomas the next night at Mariucci in a "non-gimmick" game. 

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12497
Post on old board: 9626

Playing an outdoor game is a gimmick game, playing a game at a neutral site is rather routine.  

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Steve MN and gator reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4600
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Playing an outdoor game is a gimmick game, playing a game at a neutral site is rather routine.  

Particularly when it's the opponent giving up a home game to be the neutral site.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Suffering Sota Fan
(@sufferingsotafan)
Wooger Level Golden

@Gopherfaninforks  

1. St Thomas isn't eligible for the NCAA  Tourney but their games count in the pairwise just as much as any other D1 Team.  This is not an exhibition game like the matchups vs the US National Development team or the exhibition held against Bemidji last year. 

2. This is a Home and Home series. One Home game for the gophers at Mariucci, One home game for UST which they are holding at the X. That is why it isn't included in the Gopher season ticket package.   Last year St Thomas did a similar Home and Home setup vs Mankato with the UST Home game held at the X.  

ReplyQuote
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

Their games still count in the Pairwise

ReplyQuote
Suffering Sota Fan
(@sufferingsotafan)
Wooger Level Golden

Posted by: @hey_sioux_suck

Their games still count in the Pairwise

Correct, Last year St Thomas finished 49/61 in the pairwise vs 59th in their first year. Probably reasonable to expect some continued improvement and they finish in the 35-45 range in year 3. For what its worth Lindenwood finished 60th, which is surprising to me because they looked decent vs the gophers in that opening weekend series last year.

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3913
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @chill-kessel

Mankato has released a 35 game schedule. The Gophers are not on it.

I was referring to the other opponent for the CC and Denver games (when they are in the area, but not playing Augustana).  But I just checked the Mankato schedule and neither team is on it. UND and Omaha are in the area, but I doubt they'd want to play another NCHC team.  So it's possible the Gophers are the 4th team. 

ReplyQuote

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Per Jess, it appears Robert Morris is on the home schedule.

https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1658703303746650113

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

We new there was gonna be one Atlantic cupcake. Robert Morris is that. The last series is super up in the air but I would love if CC came here. 

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Also remember that this is the first year back for Robert Morris after not having a team last year. 

ReplyQuote
ddillon22
(@ddillon22)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 196

I just hope that Robert Morris brings fans that do the "defense, defense" cheer that is done in basketball.  They did it in the regional at the X.  Never heard that one before or since.  We must have had plenty of puck possession in their zone.

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @ddillon22

I just hope that Robert Morris brings fans that do the "defense, defense" cheer that is done in basketball.  They did it in the regional at the X.  Never heard that one before or since.  We must have had plenty of puck possession in their zone.

I've heard it before a couple of times... just can't recall where and when. 

ReplyQuote
Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Stauber Level Moderator
Rep Pts: 963
Post on old board: 8405

Posted by: @greyeagle

I'd love to see a weekend at Maine on a future schedule.  Especially in October....I'm all in for that.

That is my Bucket list trip  That rink looks so awesome  

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Gophers will host Colorado College January 7th and 8th. Sunday and a Monday. 

https://cctigers.com/news/2023/6/2/mens-ice-hockey-tigers-finalize-2023-24-schedule.aspx

World Junior gold medal game is January 5th. Motzko clearly scheduling around that. 

ReplyQuote

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Robert Morris, St. Thomas, Nodak, Duluth, CC. Nice schedule!

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

The good-- CC is a much improved team and should be a good series.

The bad-- As someone who lives 3 1/2 hours away, I'm not a fan of Monday games. It would require the wife taking Monday and Tuesday off from work if she wants to attend the games. 

I blame the B1G for this. ? 

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

It will hurt the casual fan crowd as well as that's the same night as the college football national championship game.

So yeah maybe we lose 50 or 100 people who might have otherwise be interested in the hockey game but still

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6943
Post on old board: 18942

It will hurt the casual fan crowd as well as that's the same night as the college football national championship game.

What if the Gophers are in...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

MATT reacted
ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

https://twitter.com/bsubeaversmhky/status/1666552558331240448?s=46&t=AvtsG2WfNuGRyXzbYJqB7g

Beavers will help break in the new ice sheet in an exhibition October 8th!

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Aaaaaand just like that we can fire up the countdown clock, no??

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Done... Though I still think it may change. But we'll see.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Done... Though I still think it may change. But we'll see.

Thank you! Thinking there’s a chance Robert Morris comes a week prior?

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

I keep wondering that. But the dates are tougher... So BSU may be it.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Since exhibition games have no effect on the pairwise, is it best to play your exhibition game to start the season or mid season after Christmas break.  I pros and cons for both. Personally, I would like it mid season, after Christmas break before the restart of the BIG schedule. Compared to the start of the season, when Bemidji is probably going to be a better team than someone like Robert Morris. 

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @gator

Since exhibition games have no effect on the pairwise, is it best to play your exhibition game to start the season or mid season after Christmas break.  I pros and cons for both. Personally, I would like it mid season, after Christmas break before the restart of the BIG schedule. Compared to the start of the season, when Bemidji is probably going to be a better team than someone like Robert Morris. 

I'd say at the beginning, to get some of the rust off before playing games that actually matter.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

I would make an educated guess that we play the USA-18 team over Christmas Break since Bemidji opens the season.

ReplyQuote
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1794
Post on old board: 8686

Women's schedule is out so hopefully men's follows soon.

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @jwg

Women's schedule is out so hopefully men's follows soon.

That would be nice, but don't hold your breath.  The Women's schedule always comes out much earlier than the Men's, because they're not waiting on BTN to figure things out.

ReplyQuote

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @steve-mn

they're not waiting on BTN to figure things out.

I'll just say this now... TV could be interesting this year.

The Bally Sport situation is a mess, so I would just count them out on showing Gopher Hockey this year. I am thinking that the non-BTN games could be picked up by someone like FOX9+ or something along those lines? I have zero knowledge on this, but something like that makes a lot of sense to me.

I also think that BTN+ streaming will be your friend big time this coming season.

Get your own board!

gator and Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

If so... can't wait for all the complaining and gnashing of teeth of why the Gophers aren't on TV... lol!!!

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

I suspect you're right on this.  Definitely going to be more stream-heavy than last year.  I've still got most of the season on my BTN+ hockey subscription to go, so I'll see how this season works, and then decide if I want to renew or not.  I suspect I will, between the lowered cost of getting the hockey-only subscription and all the Men's AND Women's games that are included.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7211
Post on old board: 10120

Is it safe to say there will be no games Friday or Saturday of that weekend?  I block my Fridays at work until I know the hockey schedule, work would appreciate me opening up some of my fall Fridays Smile

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

Posted by: @cowgirl

Is it safe to say there will be no games Friday or Saturday of that weekend?  I block my Fridays at work until I know the hockey schedule, work would appreciate me opening up some of my fall Fridays Smile

October 7 is the official start date of the season.  So i suppose you could have another exhibition game Friday but that would be it.  

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Sat, Oct. 7th: Gopher Football hosts Michigan

Sun, Oct. 8th: Vikings hosts KC at 3:30

(*)Possible home postseason for the Twins that weekend... lol!!!

ReplyQuote
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

I keep wondering that. But the dates are tougher... So BSU may be it.

I’m wondering if Robert Morris comes in over Thanksgiving weekend.  Or the Gophers will have a bye that weekend.  Big Ten tends to avoid conference matchups over the holiday.  

Edit: Upon further research, I’m more inclined to believe what I just wrote. The Under 18 team is in Grand Forks Sat Dec 30. They played at Minnesota and UND over last New Year’s weekend. Makes sense for them to do it again and maybe play at Mariucci New Years Eve?

ReplyQuote

Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Stauber Level Moderator
Rep Pts: 963
Post on old board: 8405

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Gophers will host Colorado College January 7th and 8th. Sunday and a Monday. 

https://cctigers.com/news/2023/6/2/mens-ice-hockey-tigers-finalize-2023-24-schedule.aspx

World Junior gold medal game is January 5th. Motzko clearly scheduling around that. 

I was really hoping MN would have gone out there

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8