H/H vs St. Thomas Date TBD

+ 24 Big Ten Games

Still have 4 Non-conference games TBD + an exhibition or two

This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Gopherguy05

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4368

Best guesses are Augustana and Mankato for other non-conference opponents, I believe?

ReplyQuote
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2203
Post on old board: 6782

I wonder how the CCHA will do non-conference scheduling?  With having nine teams in the conference will they do a full home series and away series with each conference team?    

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7393

Mankato is a pretty safe bet. Maybe somewhere out east for the last one? St. Cloud is confirmed not this year. 

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4600
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @g-manpuck

I wonder how the CCHA will do non-conference scheduling?  With having nine teams in the conference will they do a full home series and away series with each conference team?    

I can't imagine that they will.  That would leave each team only 2 non-conference games (Icebreaker/etc aside), which isn't realistic, I don't think.  I'd guess 6 teams x 4 games, and 2 teams x 2 games?  That would leave 6 non-con games.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Viking
(@viking)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 523

Augustana will not be a full member next year (maybe 2 years). They are playing 1 series against each school.

ReplyQuote
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2203
Post on old board: 6782

Posted by: @viking

Augustana will not be a full member next year (maybe 2 years). They are playing 1 series against each school.

Seems you are correct if their Wiki page is correct.  Two years to play as an independent (transitional schedule) and then full member in 2025-2026.  By that time who knows what the hockey landscape may look like?!

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

ReplyQuote

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6971
Post on old board: 18942

I still think the H/H with UMD is lame.  Just rotate H2 and @2

ReplyQuote
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1795
Post on old board: 8686

Posted by: @slap-shot

Teams want their home games. And if you get 6 non-conference games it’s the only way to ensure you don’t only have two at home. 

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5611
Post on old board: 16243

Posted by: @jwg

Teams want their home games. And if you get 6 non-conference games it’s the only way to ensure you don’t only have two at home. 

I'm a fan of the home/home. Adds to the series and instate rivalry.

Keep your stick on the ice...

gopheritall reacted
ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3925
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @gator

If you're going to road trip, then you want two game to make it worth your time.  With one game the trip is over before you know it.  

Steve MN and Keith reacted
ReplyQuote
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1164

Posted by: @bertogliat

Posted by: @gator

If you're going to road trip, then you want two game to make it worth your time.  With one game the trip is over before you know it.  

When I was younger I would agree with that, but now I'm ok with 1 game.

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @bertogliat

It’s St. Cloud, Mankato and Duluth. Maybe not so much Duluth, but who really wants to stay more than one night, if even staying one night in St. Cloud or Mankato?!?!?!

ReplyQuote
gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 738

Don't forget about those DAM Beavers ? ? 

ReplyQuote

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10477
Post on old board: 21741

naked gun pun GIF

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

https://twitter.com/minnstmhockey/status/1654185093324234752?s=46&t=AvtsG2WfNuGRyXzbYJqB7g

No Minnesota on here so I guess no Mavericks this year. Confirmed no Huskies this year too, so who the hell do we play??

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

North Dakota and St. Thomas are the only 2 confirmed, right?

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12504
Post on old board: 9626

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

North Dakota and St. Thomas are the only 2 confirmed, right?

Home and Home with Duluth Nov 3 & 4. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Glad to see Mankato not on the schedule next season.

So, potentially a home series against Augustana and then who knows for other 2 games?

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

I would love if they started getting the BU, BC, Denvers of the world on the schedule but I bet they’re hard to book, the same way we’re a hard team to book. Realistically they usually schedule one cupcake per year (as suppose to Penn State’s 5 cupcakes) so we can probably expect someone from the Atlantic. 

Honestly if they’re gonna go the Atlantic rout schedule Holy Cross lol. Would provide some publicity and hopefully some more butts in seats for an otherwise usually dull series. 

ReplyQuote
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2139
Post on old board: 15139

The bigger issue is you’d prob lose home games because they’d want you to come there every other year. They’re willing to do that with north Dakota for obvious reasons, I suppose they could sacrifice the ASU series and do one of those instead (not sure if there’s any ulterior motive for that one). The MN series are just easy because you do a home and home and sacrifice one home game per series instead of two. And the cupcake series will probably always be at home because someone will take them up on it.

ReplyQuote

MNNavy
(@mnnavy)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1199

I would love if they started getting the BU, BC, Denvers of the world on the schedule but I bet they’re hard to book, the same way we’re a hard team to book. Realistically they usually schedule one cupcake per year (as suppose to Penn State’s 5 cupcakes) so we can probably expect someone from the Atlantic. 

Honestly if they’re gonna go the Atlantic rout schedule Holy Cross lol. Would provide some publicity and hopefully some more butts in seats for an otherwise usually dull series

Yeah, but do we REALLY want to fill the stands with F'in Hawks fans?

Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes - Harry S Truman

Cowgirl reacted
ReplyQuote
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

Posted by: @mnnavy

Honestly if they’re gonna go the Atlantic rout schedule Holy Cross lol. Would provide some publicity and hopefully some more butts in seats for an otherwise usually dull series

Those drunks do buy a lot of beer

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 832
Post on old board: 5335
Topic starter  

I saw Vegoe mentioning on the 247 board that last year several of the non-conference contracts weren't even finalized until August. 

He mentioned Bob is interested in a Colorado road trip and one out east to play an ECAC school but didn't give any further details on teams or whether either will actually happen for this season. 

ReplyQuote
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2139
Post on old board: 15139

Colorado road trip would be fun. Ideally they’d not have that during thanksgiving like they did with the ASU trip last year.

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

No Augustana on the schedule in their first year.  https://goaugie.com/sports/mens-hockey/schedule/2023-24

Though wouldn't be shocked if they would end up being our college exhibition game partner named later.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Interesting. I will be very curious to see who we schedule now for those last 4 games.

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1228
Post on old board: 5547

Where do you see the upcoming Schedule?

Aloha!

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @mnnavy

I'd be totally fine dropping the Hawks as a regular rotation if it means we could get more games with BU, BC, etc.  I am starting to get a little sick of those fans and since they don't play into the conference standings, I'd like a chance to see opponents the Gophers have rarely played.  Especially if the NCAA is going to go out of their way shove the Gophers in a regional with a bunch of local teams.

ReplyQuote
rodentsrulejr
(@rodentsrulejr)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 135

@bertogliat The rivalry is fun to watch but it's almost not worth it to go to that cess pool in grand forks. refs and fans are always so bush league. But again always fun winning there ? 

IALTO

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5288
Post on old board: 15786

There will be no regular season games with UND in the 2024-25 season.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

Cowgirl reacted
ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

@jupiter 

Of course they chicken out when Eiserman is on campus?

Cowgirl and Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

@jupiter 

Of course they chicken out when Eiserman is on campus?

The university of north dakota Brave Sir Robin's!  ? 

Monty Python GIF

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1276

I hadn't seen this linked before in this particular thread, but a good spot to see who has open dates and make educated guesses.

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/college-hockey/men-s-division-i/3803728-the-2023-24-schedules-thread

CC looks like they have their early season games set, although interesting to see they're playing Augustanta 10/28 and Denver is playing Augstana on 10/27 -- it would make a lot of sense for Minnesota to play at CC on 10/27 and at DU on 10/28. Gophers play at NoDak the weekend before and home and home with UMD the week after. Interesting that CC announced 7 of their 10 non-conference games... maybe the other 3 are vs B10 teams.

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Isn’t the Big Ten notorious for being lackadaisical as $h!t with putting out their hockey schedule? This might take awhile…

ReplyQuote

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

Posted by: @eric-vegoe

I hadn't seen this linked before in this particular thread, but a good spot to see who has open dates and make educated guesses.

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/college-hockey/men-s-division-i/3803728-the-2023-24-schedules-thread

CC looks like they have their early season games set, although interesting to see they're playing Augustanta 10/28 and Denver is playing Augstana on 10/27 -- it would make a lot of sense for Minnesota to play at CC on 10/27 and at DU on 10/28. Gophers play at NoDak the weekend before and home and home with UMD the week after. Interesting that CC announced 7 of their 10 non-conference games... maybe the other 3 are vs B10 teams.

That is also the traditional starting weekend for the Big Ten schedule too, and with Non con the week before and the week after I'm guessing that is conference opening weekend for us, but you never know.  

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5288
Post on old board: 15786

Posted by: @gopherguy05

That is also the traditional starting weekend for the Big Ten schedule too, and with Non con the week before and the week after I'm guessing that is conference opening weekend for us, but you never know. 

But... There is always a B1G team not playing each week of league play.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jupiter

But... There is always a B1G team not playing each week of league play.

Agreed.  But it just seems weird that then we wouldn't play our first big ten game until mid-November.  Would pretty much mean no weeks off other than x-mas break from Nov 10 through the end of the season.  Like I said, its the Big Ten, can't rule it out, but just seems unlikely to me.  

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Topic starter  

That would be awesome. St. Thomas gets their money and we get a pseudo home game at the X.

https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1656459985465884675?t=ZCZmR72HO4TypM60EoGd_g&s=19

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

This would be sweet and a no brainer move for all involved!!

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @eric-vegoe

they may also play Mankato?

ReplyQuote
Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1999

Mankato has released a 35 game schedule. The Gophers are not on it.

ReplyQuote

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Meh. Playing STT does nothing for me. 

HandyNotDan reacted
ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

It's out of obligation... The Gophers don't need STU, SCSU, Mankato, Bemidji and Duluth on their schedules, compared to the 5 having the Gophers on their schedule. 

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

At the X is pretty cool though. Maybe make it a yearly thing? At least for the next 3 ish years. Crosstown rivalry type thing. 

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

I'd rather they schedule any number of schools including Denver, CC, Harvard, BU, Alaska, MTU, NMU, Q-pac, and on and on.

Before anyone mansplains I understand why the U does it - I am simply stating that this fan does not get remotely excited by the thought of this game. 

HandyNotDan reacted
ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

At the X is pretty cool though. Maybe make it a yearly thing? At least for the next 3 ish years. Crosstown rivalry type thing. 

Mankato hosted the Gophers several years ago at the "X' and it was ok. Having the Gophers/Tommies game at the "X" personally would work.  Both colleges are local, as well as their fan bases. 

ReplyQuote
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1795
Post on old board: 8686

If in town I’d go for the double header.

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

I'd rather they schedule any number of schools including Denver, CC, Harvard, BU, Alaska, MTU, NMU, Q-pac, and on and on.

Before anyone mansplains I understand why the U does it - I am simply stating that this fan does not get remotely excited by the thought of this game. 

Alaska’s on your wish list?? Other than that I’m right with ya

ReplyQuote

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)

I'd love to see a weekend at Maine on a future schedule.  Especially in October....I'm all in for that.

HandyNotDan reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 8