Post on old board: 5335

He must work cheap

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12568
Post on old board: 9626

The BADgers released some of their game times. They show the game at Mariucci on Dec 10th as a 6pm start FWIW.

https://twitter.com/BadgerMHockey/status/1577718099461246990

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4397

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5306
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter  

GPL schedule updated.

Note that if you subscribe to the BTN+ service, games that are on the BTN channel will NOT be streamed. It is on the network only... Other road games not on TV will be available on BTN+. (Except Notre Dame and ASU)

Any Bally Sports games should be on the Bally Sports app OR BTN+

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5643
Post on old board: 16243

So basically the two exhibition games and the series at Notre Dame (if you don't have Peacock) and people will still find time to complain about the Gophers not being on TV.

Keep your stick on the ice...

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7255
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @jupiter

GPL schedule updated.

Note that if you subscribe to the BTN+ service, games that are on the BTN channel will NOT be streamed. It is on the network only... Other road games not on TV will be available on BTN+. (Except Notre Dame and ASU)

So how would one watch the BTN away games on streaming if not on BTN+?  I’m on a plane Thursday of the Ann Arbor series and am not going to pay for wifi if I cannot stream the game.

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cowgirl

GPL schedule updated.

So how would one watch the BTN away games on streaming if not on BTN+?  I’m on a plane Thursday of the Ann Arbor series and am not going to pay for wifi if I cannot stream the game.

You don't... Unless you have a TV streaming service that allows you to stream BTN.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

GPL schedule updated.

Sounds like if you are willing to pay for a stream, you will be able to watch every game? Good news!

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Sounds like if you are willing to pay for a stream, you will be able to watch every game? Good news!

When games are on BTN network, they will NOT be on BTN+ streaming. ESPN does the same thing with their plus service. Games on ESPN or ESPNU or whatever are not on ESPN+. 

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

When games are on BTN network, they will NOT be on BTN+ streaming. ESPN does the same thing with their plus service. Games on ESPN or ESPNU or whatever are not on ESPN+. 

Got it, so for those without BTN they could be screwed.

ReplyQuote
thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 933
Post on old board: 11106

That now makes me curious if the games on BTN are going to be blacked out on DirecTV's mobile app.  I was surprised when I saw BTN listed as a streamable channel a few months ago (when BSN wasn't), but if BTN is blacking out it's own app, it has me concerned that there are caveats for DirecTV.

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Wonder if I can FaceTime on Wi-Fi on a plane while someone FaceTimes me from yost. ?

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4618
Post on old board: 10695

Wonder if I can FaceTime on Wi-Fi on a plane while someone FaceTimes me from yost. ?

From a technical perspective, you probably could, but while streaming/chat/browsing/email are all just fine, voice services like FaceTime are usually prohibited, I think (I know the announcements on my flights Saturday and yesterday said they were)

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1999

FWIW I have the Hulu Live option and a BTN+ subscription and that gets me pretty much everything

ReplyQuote

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

How in the h-e double hockey sticks does one contact BTN?  I do not have social media and would like to find out if there is any way to stream the games the weekend at the whore.   I cannot for the life of me find an email contact or phone number.  
Par for the course these days, nobody wants to offer live customer service.  

ReplyQuote
thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level

Unless you have a thousand other people with the same questions or complaints, social media is definitely not the way to contact them.  I tried to contact them through Facebook last year about whether there would be a replay of a game that got Heidi'd and aside from a generic response that my message was "being passed along to the appropriate department for review", I never heard from them.  You might be better off pressing the issue with BTN+'s customer support.

Though since the games this weekend will be on BSN Extra and BSN respectively, is a trial of BSN+ an option?

Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @thinkbui

Unless you have a thousand other people with the same questions or complaints, social media is definitely not the way to contact them.  I tried to contact them through Facebook last year about whether there would be a replay of a game that got Heidi'd and aside from a generic response that my message was "being passed along to the appropriate department for review", I never heard from them.  You might be better off pressing the issue with BTN+'s customer support.

Though since the games this weekend will be on BSN Extra and BSN respectively, is a trial of BSN+ an option?

BTN + did not have any easily identifiable way to contact them either.  It’s the games at Michigan in a month I’m looking for specifically.  Online it states they also use the Fox Sports app, but there’s nothing in the Fox app for those dates and pretty much only has info regarding football.  As noted above those games won’t be on BTN +.  Seems stupid to me.  Thursday it may just be Wally and Frank…if I can find that on streaming and can get airplane wifi to work.  Is 1130 or 103.5 on iHeart? 
Hoping for the Friday game I can find a local sports establishment that may carry BTN.  

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Topic starter  

The game WILL NOT be on BTN+ for the Michigan series at Yost. Whenever a game is on the main BTN network, you will not be able to stream on the BTN+ app.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Use the Fox Sports app:

https://btn.com/promo/btn2go-is-now-btn-so-what-does-this-mean/

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 834

Yes if I game is aired on BTN they stream all their content through the fox sports app.  

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7006
Post on old board: 18942

That makes total sense....

ReplyQuote

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @slap-shot

That makes total sense....

Given that the B1G and Fox are co-owners of BTN, it does.  Need to use the BTN+ app for subscription-only streaming (guessing there are specific apps for other Fox co-owned channels as well) but all the regular "broadcast" stuff you stream through the Fox app.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @steve-mn

Use the Fox Sports app:

https://btn.com/promo/btn2go-is-now-btn-so-what-does-this-mean/

This is what I’m hoping for.  There’s just no info regarding our games those days (or any hockey for that matter) so I’m not holding my breath.

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Topic starter  

This is what I’m hoping for.  There’s just no info regarding our games those days (or any hockey for that matter) so I’m not holding my breath

I could not get BTN hockey games that were on the network to even show up on the Fox Sports app last year... So not holding your breath is a smart thing.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Chill Kessel
(@chill-kessel)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1999

How in the h-e double hockey sticks does one contact BTN?  I do not have social media and would like to find out if there is any way to stream the games the weekend at the whore.   I cannot for the life of me find an email contact or phone number.  
Par for the course these days, nobody wants to offer live customer service.  

They have a chat on their site that has worked well for me

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

I use the app on my roku every single week and it always works for me.  I've never had anything more than a small issue.  You just need a TV provider log in to make it work.  

ReplyQuote
thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level

In case I forget between now and Thanksgiving, looks like the road trip to ASU can be streamed online for free if not already built into your smart TV or streaming stick.  Considering how hard it's been for Pac-12 Network to get TV providers to pick up its main channel and 6 RSNs, I was a little surprised to see that they're doing anything for free.

https://pac-12.com/pac-12-insider

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Why hasn't the U announced the time of the exhibition against the US Development team? I assume its a 7pm puck drop? 

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3927
Post on old board: 12555

Why hasn't the U announced the time of the exhibition against the US Development team? I assume its a 7pm puck drop? 

Like I tell my kids, "How the ? could I know?"

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

The University website is showing that the exhibition against the USA Development Team is at 3pm... wtf?

Not sure why the game is during the day... but looks like it is a 3pm puck drop on Thursday, December 29th 

https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

I don't always make it to the U-18 team game, but with that timing, I'm absolutely guaranteed not to be going this year.

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

As I tweeted at Jup, the Gophers Pinstripe Bowl is a 1PM kick that afternoon.  There might be more people on the ice than in the stands. 

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Wonder if they’ll give me my money back for that game.  They want fans but schedule a game in the middle of a work day?  Lame AF. ?

ReplyQuote
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2574
Post on old board: 7833

Retirement has its perks. I will likely make the U-18 game

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7006
Post on old board: 18942

There had to be something that forced their hand.  As oblivious as they've been this time is a head-scratcher.

ReplyQuote

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Wonder if they’ll give me my money back for that game.  They want fans but schedule a game in the middle of a work day?  Lame AF. ?

Yeah I’m wondering the same thing. Really dumb. 

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3927
Post on old board: 12555

This is next level moron.  I think it would be funny if nobody showed because that is exactly what they deserve to have happen.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

@Jupiter The U now has the gametime for Sunday game vs SCSU out now. It is at 3pm

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Jupiter ♃ reacted
ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Posted by: @bertogliat

This is next level moron.  I think it would be funny if nobody showed because that is exactly what they deserve to have happen.

Not very STH friendly that is for sure.

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10550
Post on old board: 21741

Men's BB at 7PM which probably drove the initial early start time.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @frozen4champs

@Jupiter The U now has the gametime for Sunday game vs SCSU out now. It is at 3pm

After traveling the evening before?  What are they thinking?

At least it’s a Sunday but gee whiz.  

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

At least the Saturday game is a 6pm start. As far as the 3pm start on Sunday, Bob called me and asked what a good time for a Sunday game would be for us out of towners. I said 3pm, so blame me. ? 

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

At least the Saturday game is a 6pm start. As far as the 3pm start on Sunday, Bob called me and asked what a good time for a Sunday game would be for us out of towners. I said 3pm, so blame me. ? 

it’s all your fault. ?

I know I’m preaching to the choir, but it’s so frustrating as a season ticket holder and someone who wants to attend every game I’ve payed for to go through this evolution of hockey game scheduling.  Friday/Saturday at 7pm no matter what was a luxury and I know that ship has sailed thanks to big media and the almighty dollar. 
But when they can’t give us a schedule more than a month before the season, and then we still have to wait for game times until a few weeks before a game, is very frustrating.  I can see why a lot of folks would be hesitant to commit to season tickets for this reason.  Busy parents and working folk need to be able to plan for the time and things like these make that very challenging.  

Next we’ll get a social media post of an empty arena and blame the fans for not showing up at 3pm on a Thursday.  

ReplyQuote
MNNavy
(@mnnavy)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1207

Next we’ll get a social media post of an empty arena and blame the fans for not showing up at 3pm on a Thursday.  

Debbie Downer was banned from the board, so I think we're safe on that account.

Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes - Harry S Truman

ReplyQuote
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1179

it’s all your fault. ?

I know I’m preaching to the choir, but it’s so frustrating as a season ticket holder and someone who wants to attend every game I’ve payed for to go through this evolution of hockey game scheduling.  Friday/Saturday at 7pm no matter what was a luxury and I know that ship has sailed thanks to big media and the almighty dollar. 
But when they can’t give us a schedule more than a month before the season, and then we still have to wait for game times until a few weeks before a game, is very frustrating.  I can see why a lot of folks would be hesitant to commit to season tickets for this reason.  Busy parents and working folk need to be able to plan for the time and things like these make that very challenging.  

Welcome to my world with Gopher football season tickets.  Don't know a lot of the game times until 1 or 2 weeks before the game.  It makes it hard to ask friends to go to games when I tell them they need to temporarily block out their entire day just in case.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

The Thursday game at 3pm literally makes zero sense. Especially with the football team playing at 1pm. Just don’t understand it, stupid for the season ticket holders. 

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

The Thursday game at 3pm literally makes zero sense. Especially with the football team playing at 1pm. Just don’t understand it, stupid for the season ticket holders. 

Agreed.  Weird times on weekends, I can understand.  If I happen to be working a Saturday and there's an early start, I need to figure that part out.  When they schedule the middle of the day on a Thursday, that's just silly.

Admittedly, this is why the attendance at the 1st game of the Mariucci Classic was always so low (3:00 start on a Friday, typically) but the Gophers always played the night game, so it didn't matter.  I just took the day off, but I also knew before the season started that the game that day would be an early start, and just planned accordingly.

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4590
Post on old board: 28736

Greyeagle explained why the game is at 3pm.  There is a basketball game at 7 that night.  Sorry but a meaningless exhibition hockey game is not going to take precedence over a regular season basketball game and there is no way they play both at the same time.

It makes all the sense in the world. 

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

And the Vikings are TBA at Chicago that Sunday.

ReplyQuote

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

It's the "U" it's not suppose make sense. 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6