64.7 K Views
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12570
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/1602844571750338560

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Come on Gophers. Let's get something like this done.

https://twitter.com/TeamECH/status/1603103697705238533

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7264
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Come on Gophers. Let's get something like this done.

https://twitter.com/TeamECH/status/1603103697705238533

Wish we had a store like that one.  I have not personally seen it yet but friends who have checked it out say it is just ginormous and you can find ANYTHING evil M related you want there.  Imagine an entire building the size of Mariucci filled with Gopher gear.  And then there is the fanatics store….??

Boosker
(@boosker14)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 195

Been real fun watching the Mavs struggle with the cupcake schedule so far lol. Must suck to get brought back down to the rest of that conference instead of sleep walking through the season. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Bemidji beats Kato in OT. Horns down

Boosker reacted
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

on a power play.  I don’t think the hometown crowd was happy about that call (interference) - flipped a guys stick up and out of his hands - I didn’t think he had control of the puck at the time but maybe questionable.  Oh well.  

I don’t think we’ll be able to take the beaver too lightly, they are pesky and don’t give up.  
that being said I hope the Gophers pound some beaver.  ?

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2318

@Cowgirl please! There are kids on this app. ??

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7688
Post on old board: 35040

Too bad we can't get Moorhead. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Rau4SkiUMah reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7037
Post on old board: 18942

Posted by: @the-rube

Too bad we can't get Moorhead. 

Speak for yourself.

Heyoooo I'll be here all week.

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2574
Post on old board: 7833

naked gun pun GIF

Classic Tv Beaver GIF

Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2002

I've never heard of a player serving a suspension in an exhibition game. He would have missed the 1st game of the Gophers series.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1602735862059507715

Why not serve it next summer like Dryden did?

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4599
Post on old board: 28736

Cause he isn't a Hobey contender 😉

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @cowgirl

on a power play.  I don’t think the hometown crowd was happy about that call (interference) - flipped a guys stick up and out of his hands - I didn’t think he had control of the puck at the time but maybe questionable.  Oh well.  

I don’t think we’ll be able to take the beaver too lightly, they are pesky and don’t give up.  

That play somewhat reminds moof the Tyler Sheehy play against Notre Dame in the B1G playoffs a few years back.

https://twitter.com/DanMyers/status/1603776114597543938

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2207
Post on old board: 6782

Leave it to the biggest Mav homer of them all to tweet about that.  

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

F Da Sue reacted

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4626
Post on old board: 10695

That was worse than a regular stick lift (stick ended up in the stands?), and the BSU player wasn't close enough to reach the puck (how are you in possession of a puck 8 feet away from you?), so I think technically that should be interference.  Not convinced it needs to be called, though.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Northern Gopher 218
(@northerngopher218)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 372

Posted by: @cowgirl

That play somewhat reminds moof the Tyler Sheehy play against Notre Dame in the B1G playoffs a few years back.

https://twitter.com/DanMyers/status/1603776114597543938

The same things happened to Bjugstad up in Bemidji years ago that gave BSU a late PP that tied the game. I always have hated that call. I feel that happens and gets called more than any other slash. (I believe they called slashing on bjugstad, but same type of play. interference or slash the other player should have better control of his stick and it would be a normal stick lift and play goes on.)

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1959
Post on old board: 5631

Meh, call it an even up for the 350+ interference penalties Mankato gets away with during a game.

When your entire system is dependent on the officials being terrible, you don't get to bitch when they're terrible in favor of the other team. 

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

purple steaks are unable to solve the beaver.  They did have a goal waved off for offsides. 
currently 3-1 with six minutes left. 

the beavers will be riding high after this weekend if they hang on and win.  We are their next game so hopefully we can burst that bubble.  

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7037
Post on old board: 18942

A gal telling beaver jokes is a simple pleasure.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @j22

Meh, call it an even up for the 350+ interference penalties Mankato gets away with during a game.

When your entire system is dependent on the officials being terrible, you don't get to bitch when they're terrible in favor of the other team. 

I don't normally agree with you but the second paragraph is spot on.  Mankato is an insult to hockey the way they play sometimes. 

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @slap-shot

A gal telling beaver jokes is a simple pleasure.

?

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5170

Watching the Mankato and Long Island women play on Hulu. This broadcast is entertaining. Loud music randomly coming through, camera work shakier than the Blair Witch Project, the huge letters on the top of the glass “WATCH FOR FLYING PUCKS!”, the massive Islanders banners on one end…

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden

The chicken little voices are getting louder here in Mankato, but so are the excuse computer clichés'.   "So many injuries"..."We lost so much"..."Our youth is so inexperienced".  That's how the other half lives.  

I'll admit that the Cows are in deep trouble when you get swept two consecutive home series but the players know how to win.  It's the older players that are making the mistakes and the youth are picking up what is left.  Hastings is not happy with any of his team right now at all, he may have kicked over a dumpster last night he is so upset.  

Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2002

Posted by: @g-manpuck

The chicken little voices are getting louder here in Mankato, but so are the excuse computer clichés'.   "So many injuries"..."We lost so much"..."Our youth is so inexperienced".  That's how the other half lives.  

I'll admit that the Cows are in deep trouble when you get swept two consecutive home series but the players know how to win.  It's the older players that are making the mistakes and the youth are picking up what is left.  Hastings is not happy with any of his team right now at all, he may have kicked over a dumpster last night he is so upset.  

You just used youth and Mankato in the same post.

Rau4SkiUMah, Steve MN, HandyNotDan and 1 people reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10550
Post on old board: 21741

For Mankato, early 20s is youth.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @norm

You just used youth and Mankato in the same post.

Well...that's how they like to refer to the "new" guys.  Turns out they get butt hurt if you call them old. ? 

Greyeagle reacted
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4422

Posted by: @greyeagle

For Mankato, early 20s is youth.

hahaha well played

Hammy
(@hammy)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 616
Post on old board: 14946

Yeah, you can't really use the youth card at Mankato as an excuse for losing. The whole point of bringing in older freshmen is because they tend to have a smoother transition into college hockey than your typical 18/19 year old. The older recruit often times doesn't have the same upside as those younger blue chips but they usually make up for it (to an extent) in the early going because the transition is easier.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5650
Post on old board: 16243

Posted by: @hammy

The whole point of bringing in older freshmen is because they tend to have a smoother transition into college hockey than your typical 18/19 year old. 

What's the big difference, if any, for a 18/19 year old to enter college to play hockey compared to the other big sports on campus football and basketball.  You very seldom see or hear, if ever, kids waiting a year or two after high school to play college football and basketball.

Keep your stick on the ice...

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7430

Posted by: @gator

Posted by: @hammy

The whole point of bringing in older freshmen is because they tend to have a smoother transition into college hockey than your typical 18/19 year old. 

What's the big difference, if any, for a 18/19 year old to enter college to play hockey compared to the other big sports on campus football and basketball.  You very seldom see or hear, if ever, kids waiting a year or two after high school to play college football and basketball.

Football players don’t usually see the field until they’re 20 anyways because they freshman redshirt, unless they’re an absolute stud. I imagine the same is true for basketball. 

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Football players don’t usually see the field until they’re 20 anyways because they freshman redshirt, unless they’re an absolute stud. I imagine the same is true for basketball. 

Personally, you are going to see less and less redshirts.  With the NIL phase, players want to play and will go where they can play and not redshirt.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

BADgers lose a couple of depth forwards during the break. Neither saw a bunch of action, but leaves the team thin at extra forwards.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1607827757651705858

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Is Sparty coming back to earth?

https://twitter.com/Nathaniel_Bott/status/1607926531942129665

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Back down to Earth?  We completely exposed how overrated they were when we swept them at Munn.  They are a decent team that got overhyped because of how bad they sucked for so long but they are nothing more than a bubble team imho.

Jupiter ♃ reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @handyman

Back down to Earth?  We completely exposed how overrated they were when we swept them at Munn.  They are a decent team that got overhyped because of how bad they sucked for so long but they are nothing more than a bubble team imho.

That is what I meant as I should have added my sarcastic wink.  They were the hockey media's darlings until the Gophers exposed them for who they are. They have over achieved the 1st half, so lets see what the 2nd half brings. 

HandyNotDan reacted

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Don’t think the Big 10 can realistically send 6 teams to the tourney but 5 teams should be attainable. I have MSU has my biggest 2nd half faller and Notre Dame as they biggest second half riser. 

Michigan will also be a lot better and push for a tourney 1 seed I predict

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

5th year forward Ben Copeland has left Penn St and signs with Cleveland in the AHL.  He had 1 goal in 5 games this year after scoring 23 points last year as a transfer from CC. He is from Edina.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3935
Post on old board: 12555

Harvard at BU on ESPN2.  90 sec in and several HARD hits.  

could be a fun game.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Don’t think the Big 10 can realistically send 6 teams to the tourney but 5 teams should be attainable. I have MSU has my biggest 2nd half faller and Notre Dame as they biggest second half riser. 

Without looking at their schedule I disagree about Michigan.  I don't trust their goalie or their toughness.  All sizzle, no steak.

Honestly most of the Big Ten I find rather pedestrian.  It seems all of western hockey is rather top heavy this year. 

(To be fair it may be biased because the Gophs look head and shoulders better than the rest)

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @handyman

Without looking at their schedule I disagree about Michigan.  I don't trust their goalie or their toughness.  All sizzle, no steak.

Honestly most of the Big Ten I find rather pedestrian.  It seems all of western hockey is rather top heavy this year. 

(To be fair it may be biased because the Gophs look bad and shoulders better than the rest)

I should have prefaced that with no one is catching the Gophers in the Big Ten. I do think Michigan has too much talent to not make a big push in the second half. 

My final B1G standings predictions:

1. Minnesota

2. Penn State

3. Michigan

4. Ohio State

5. Notre Dame

6. Michigan State

7. Wisconsin 

Sorry Sparty. 

HandyNotDan reacted
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7688
Post on old board: 35040

UAA sweeps UMass #13. Um.....

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Alaska (Fairbanks) beats Notre Dame 3-2 in South Bend.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Notre Dame earns a split with Alaska with a 2-0 win today. Harvard beats Northeastern 8-4 today and puts up 8 on all world goalie Devin Levi.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Just good hard nose, old school hockey vs a bunch of high school kids.

https://twitter.com/USCHO/status/1610357298001592322

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

I was a bit joking a couple days ago, but I guess Brad Berry didn't get the message across to his team

Posted by: @streakygopher

To be fair to the college teams, they are laying off the physical play, which they should. I would assume that they also get into the lower half of their lineups to give those players a chance to play.  I think it's great that team USA can play this high quality competition. It definitely makes them better.

No college coach is going to tell his team to rub out the red, white and blue. The players want to win, but that's not the purpose of these games. 

There's a lot of skill on that team.

Posted by: @gator

@streakygopher 

They play UND on New Year’s, I doubt Brad Berry will give that message… lol!!!

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

He sits out a game against Lindenwood..... That'll show 'em.

gator reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @bertogliat

SCSU had a player suspended and he served the 1 game suspension in their exhibition game. Stupid.

gator reacted
ddillon22
(@ddillon22)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 196

SCSU had a player suspended and he served the 1 game suspension in their exhibition game. Stupid.

At least it was during hockey season.  I would have thought the suspension would have been from July 13th to July 15th.  I guess that is another conference though.

Eric Vegoe reacted
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @ddillon22

At least it was during hockey season.  I would have thought the suspension would have been from July 13th to July 15th.  I guess that is another conference though.

*cough* Dryden McKay *cough*

Eric Vegoe reacted

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5170

Posted by: @ddillon22

Pop Tv Alexis Rose GIF by Schitt

Page 10 / 44