88 Users
742 Likes
64.3 K Views
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7212
Post on old board: 10120

Knies, Cooley, Faber first team all American.  Fantilli, Hughes, and Pietila too.  

Greyeagle reacted
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7446

Posted by: @gopherguy05

https://twitter.com/HockeyRumorsNA/status/1644031098790244366

In related news: Mankato has enlisted security to keep all coaches who are turning down Mankato's head coaching job in a straight orderly line. ? 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7391

Fantilli wins Hobey

ex_goldy
(@ex_goldy)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 199

D bag takes Hobey.  All three are amazing players but he was third out of three.  Didn’t they watch his interviews? 

Chris Eckes
(@chris-eckes)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 558

Posted by: @j22

Posted by: @chris-eckes

Re: hobey, I get that the talking heads who don't watch the Gophers every game might be surprised about Knies given his points, but honestly as much as I love Cooley I think he's the surprising gopher include in the final 3.

Knies deserves to be there and IMO he deserves to win. Lots of weird takes about him being the 3rd best player on his line... Like, have those people watched him play at all? Cooley and snuggerud are spectacular, but Knies is the glue that makes that line go. He's as complete a player as I can remember.

I've watched every game that the kid has played. He's an outstanding college hockey player. IMO he's the 3rd best player on that line, although I wouldn't argue too strongly with anyone who thinks he's better than Snuggerud. There really isn't an argument that he's on Cooley's level.

Agree to disagree I guess. I think Knies is a better hockey player than Cooley. I think he's the best / most complete player on the team.

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1159

Posted by: @j22

Re: hobey, I get that the talking heads who don't watch the Gophers every game might be surprised about Knies given his points, but honestly as much as I love Cooley I think he's the surprising gopher include in the final 3.

Knies deserves to be there and IMO he deserves to win. Lots of weird takes about him being the 3rd best player on his line... Like, have those people watched him play at all? Cooley and snuggerud are spectacular, but Knies is the glue that makes that line go. He's as complete a player as I can remember.

I've watched every game that the kid has played. He's an outstanding college hockey player. IMO he's the 3rd best player on that line, although I wouldn't argue too strongly with anyone who thinks he's better than Snuggerud. There really isn't an argument that he's on Cooley's level.

Agree to disagree I guess. I think Knies is a better hockey player than Cooley. I think he's the best / most complete player on the team.

I think Knies is the most likely to have the best NHL career of the three.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7446

Now I can go back to call them the Hobey Snub Line.

Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Stauber Level Moderator
Rep Pts: 963
Post on old board: 8405

Orion
(@orion)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 751

That press release read like they were trying to convince fans about this hire.  Favorite line was that Hastings left for a similar position at Wisconsin. 

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2196
Post on old board: 6782

Having two bigger money donors as co-workers they were surprised by the announcement right away this morning but after a quick Google search they didn't need to be convinced on the hire.  I am certain the U put out the same style of press release out when they hired Bob.

*Boss just let me know that he and some other donors are meeting the new coach at lunch with the AD.  It will be interesting to hear what the new coach is like from the boss after meeting him.

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12502
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

This would shake up a couple of conferences if this were to ever happen. Remember, ex NCHC head Josh Fenton is now the head of the Summit League. Hockey members are Denver, St Thomas, Omaha and the Whioux. Lindenwood is an associate member in one of the sports as well.

https://twitter.com/CollConsulting/status/1641949991844323331

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4573
Post on old board: 28736

Its a smart move.  It would tick off some schools but it would actually give others a better chance to compete.  The problem would be some schools (like say SCCC) would jump to join and to me that I think would be smarter to stay as they would definitely be the class of the Nacho.  CC would obviously leave cause they need the Denver games.

This could be a very good thing for the future of college hockey.  More conferences means more balanced scheduling and more room for growth.

g-manpuck reacted
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden

Wouldn't that be something to happen and then have MSU jump the CCHA and join the NCHC.  Interesting for sure.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

I think it would be smart of them especially if say BSU joins or SCCC stays.

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden

In the same vein as this I was just informed through my boss that the AD has mentioned in the last month that there is a push in NCAA hockey to get rid of single sport conferences such as the NCHC, CCHA, Atlantic Hockey and Hockey East.  This may be a sign to point to that direction.  Whether that happens or not we will see but if Summit League starts a hockey conference who knows how it may shake out.

Also, he just returned not long ago from lunch meeting the new coach.  He said he was a good guy and will fit the program and community very well.  My boss is much more even keeled than he was last Friday about this.  Press conference is here in a couple hours to introduce him to the community.  

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

As expected. It is official now..

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1645512166013804546

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @g-manpuck

In the same vein as this I was just informed through my boss that the AD has mentioned in the last month that there is a push in NCAA hockey to get rid of single sport conferences such as the NCHC, CCHA, Atlantic Hockey and Hockey East.  This may be a sign to point to that direction.  Whether that happens or not we will see but if Summit League starts a hockey conference who knows how it may shake out.

Also, he just returned not long ago from lunch meeting the new coach.  He said he was a good guy and will fit the program and community very well.  My boss is much more even keeled than he was last Friday about this.  Press conference is here in a couple hours to introduce him to the community.  

Makes sense, capitalize on brand awareness to grow more sports.  

g-manpuck reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Another D1 hockey program soon.

https://twitter.com/IanMillsTV/status/1646245917400375298

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2518
Post on old board: 7833

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Tech should break Kato's 6 year title run.

https://twitter.com/mtuhky/status/1646912239801098253

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

The thinning out process has begun.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1647650392635744257

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Key player coming back to Jan Brady.

https://twitter.com/MickHatten/status/1648757294417469565

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden

Luke Strand confirms on The Rink Live podcast that Hockey Ops Luke Regner is following Hastings to Wisconsin as well.  That makes two staff and three players to Becky from the Purple Cows.  

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1227
Post on old board: 5547

I have not paid too much attention to Alaska and Alaska Anchorage hockey how can these 2 programs have hockey teams? I thought one of the 2 was closing and they would merge the 2 teams into 1?

Aloha!

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3913
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @gopher6

I have not paid too much attention to Alaska and Alaska Anchorage hockey how can these 2 programs have hockey teams? I thought one of the 2 was closing and they would merge the 2 teams into 1?

I don't know about merging.  They're two different schools that are approximately 6 hours drive in the summer (closer to infinity during hockey season).  Its like merging UMN and Northwestern University sports.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3913
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @g-manpuck

Luke Strand confirms on The Rink Live podcast that Hockey Ops Luke Regner is following Hastings to Wisconsin as well.  That makes two staff and three players to Becky from the Purple Cows.  

The bad news for college hockey keeps coming.  Bringing all his comfy blankies and pacifiers from Mankato to Wisconsin tells me Hastings is not interested in playing up and down hockey with his B1G recruits.  He'd rather just have his same-ol' boring lockdown style.  Test his goalies for PEDs.

trixR4kids reacted
Page 44 / 44