6 Likes
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12497
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

A couple of things.

1. I received an email the other day saying that the tickets for the Frozen Four in Tampa will be available for the priority ticket holders in October.
  2. MLB released their 2023 schedule and the Rays will be home on the Fri - Sun of the FF for those who want to drive over to St Pete and sit inside on a nice Florida day.
  3. Airline prices are pretty high right now in comparison to the normal prices that we have paid for the prior Frozen Fours in Tampa. Hoping to see them drop a bit. On the other hand, rental cars seem to be reasonable.
  4. The people at the FF booth from Tampa at last years FF said they have done a ton of development around the arena. I did notice Fergs is gone, and I hope they put more stuff in channel side.
  5. Tampa is my favorite FF city, with Boston at #2. So, a couple of good ones with St Paul in 2024.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Received an email from the NCAA today about FF tickets. Tickets go on sale for priority ticket holders in October. The pricing seems to be similar to last year. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Tickets purchased. We went with club this year.

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1794
Post on old board: 8686

We're also on 200 level, Section 201 Row A.

Perfect seats for a Gopher championship! ? 

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4600
Post on old board: 10695

Last year, I missed out on my normal club seats due to forgetting to get the tickets for almost a week.  I fixed that oversight this year and got mine within an hour of my window opening, so back in Club 4, Row A

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden

We couldn't get club last year either.  We've always had issues in Boston though.  I don't know what they do differently, but we've been 4 times for the FF and all 4 times our seating is never as good as other venues.

Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2143

We bought Club too.  But unfortunately we can’t go this year so Tampa friends are taking the tickets.

I’ll miss Tampa, it was great fun.

What have I got? I got no snacks and I got no respect.
Travis-age 6

Viking
(@viking)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 523

Section 201, Row H

JWG reacted
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden

Posted by: @viking

Section 201, Row H

7 rows behind us.  We’ll have to get a beer.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4367

My wife and I booked our plane tickets to Tampa.

We haven’t bought tickets to the games yet, as I have a hard time believing the demand is going to be crazy? It’s a long way for people to travel. 

I unfortunately haven’t paid close enough attention in the past… How does ticket availability/prices usually look closer to the frozen four? I’d like to sit lower bowl or club level but Ticketmaster prices are pretty crazy for those seats as of now and I have to think they will drop closer to the date. Any info/thoughts would be appreciated. 

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7211
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

We haven’t bought tickets to the games yet, as I have a hard time believing the demand is going to be crazy? It’s a long way for people to travel. 

I unfortunately haven’t paid close enough attention in the past… How does ticket availability/prices usually look closer to the frozen four? I’d like to sit lower bowl or club level but Ticketmaster prices are pretty crazy for those seats as of now and I have to think they will drop closer to the date. Any info/thoughts would be appreciated. 

You can usually get tickets closer to game day just fine, but last year’s FF was surprisingly packed after several lackluster years.  (I don’t know what % of seats were actually sold). With it being in Tampa I would expect a lot more demand this go around.
If you want to choose your own section/price point and seats for sure together I personally would recommend to get something sooner than later.  
But with the secondary market I think realistically you’ll have no trouble getting tickets at any point.  

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @cowgirl

You can usually get tickets closer to game day just fine, but last year’s FF was surprisingly packed after several lackluster years.  (I don’t know what % of seats were actually sold). With it being in Tampa I would expect a lot more demand this go around.
If you want to choose your own section/price point and seats for sure together I personally would recommend to get something sooner than later.  
But with the secondary market I think realistically you’ll have no trouble getting tickets at any point.  

Thank you! I appreciate it. I will probably just monitor the ticket prices for a little while and let it play out. I am not worried about getting tickets in general, I was just surprised to see the steep prices for lower bowl seating. Should be a great trip, hopefully our Gophers make it worthwhile.

Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @cowgirl

Thank you! I appreciate it. I will probably just monitor the ticket prices for a little while and let it play out. I am not worried about getting tickets in general, I was just surprised to see the steep prices for lower bowl seating. Should be a great trip, hopefully our Gophers make it worthwhile.

And here’s the new thing to watch out for, ALL tickets are electronic, no paper tickets.  Last year the tickets had a moving bar code, a first for me.  You couldn’t just take a screen shot to save, it had to be moved to your “wallet”.  So be careful buying tickets from scalpers or others online.  If they just send you a static flat barcode it will not work.  We witnessed some poor couple just ahead of us in the entrance line who got pulled aside because they had a fake electronic ticket, no moving code.  
Not positive it will be the same but worth noting just in case.  

Travis-age 6

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Gonna buy our tickets in the next couple days..

For those with familiarity with the Frozen Four over the years, I assume the higher (better) seed always take the home bench? Or is it totally random?

The reason I ask is I am hoping to buy seats closer to Gophers end where they shoot twice assuming/hoping they are #1 in pairwise and would be technically the home team no matter what. Obviously getting ahead of myself but trying to think it through before buying. Thanks.

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Tickets purchased. Section 108

Viking
(@viking)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 523

Frozen Four tickets... check

Hotel... check

Flight... check

Almost cheaper to go to Europe for 2 weeks!

Steve MN and Jupiter ♃ reacted
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4600
Post on old board: 10695

Posted by: @viking

Frozen Four tickets... check

Hotel... check

Flight... check

Almost cheaper to go to Europe for 2 weeks!

Just finished my flight and hotel reservations (and had F4 tix months ago).  Saved a few hundred bucks by shuffling my trip around a bit.  I had planned on Sunday-Sunday, but, going with Tuesday-Tuesday saves between three and four hundred bucks flying Delta.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5288
Post on old board: 15786

I saved a bunch going Tue-Mon myself... I went with Sun Country, direct flights. But I do not have hotel costs since I am staying at my sisters house in Palm Harbor. But I do have car rental costs.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

Steve MN reacted
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

The thing I love about Tampa is that it is a fairly easy area to get around. We stay in Brandon, and it is an easy drive to downtown. Will be hitting up a dolphin tour again and looking forward to exploring the new area around the arena, Hattricks Bar and Ybor City.

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2214

For those who have been, heading down for the first time for a FF event. Is having a car necessary or are there enough things to do first time down there (or is the city walkable)? We’ll be in an Airbnb about a 30 min walk from Amalie to the SW. mostly would be interested in bar/restaurant scene and just walking the city. 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @upnorthkid

For those who have been, heading down for the first time for a FF event. Is having a car necessary or are there enough things to do first time down there (or is the city walkable)? We’ll be in an Airbnb about a 30 min walk from Amalie to the SW. mostly would be interested in bar/restaurant scene and just walking the city. 

There is plenty to do down by the arena. They have really developed it since the last FF there in 2016. Channelside area has a few restaurants that is near the arena. I would recommend the Florida Aquarium and doing the dolphin boat tour. Hattricks, a hockey themed sports bar is also within walking distance of the arena. There is a free trolley that will take you to Ybor City. It is an entertainment district that has a ton on restaurants and bars, including cigar bars. That will be the most popular area for the hockey fans. 

I guess it really depends on what you enjoy. If you want to keep it simple and just hang downtown, you can get by without a car. We stay about a 10 minute drive from the arena, and rent a car and explore the area. Last time we went to St Pete and the beach. We have a few other things on our list for the Friday off day. If the Gophers make it, Weds night there will be a pep rally at a local bar, and on Thursday we get downtown early and hit the bars and hopefully another Gopher pep rally. Friday is our explore day, and Saturday we will bar hop as well. 

I'm sure others will also have some suggestions to help you out.

upnorthkid reacted

Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @upnorthkid

You do not need a car.  The city is very walkable and safe.  Fabulous pathway all along the water with restaurants and pocket parks.  The free trolley to Ybar has been mentioned, that’s a fun action filled spot.  Tacky touristy but fun.  We went to a really nice seafood restaurant on the opposite side of the river and just grabbed an Uber.  

Travis-age 6

upnorthkid reacted
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7391

The college hockey obsessor in me always gets excited for the frozen four when watching events like the Super Bowl?