Good period by the Mack
Watching the pre-game, they had a graphic up for the Hobey finalists. Apparently, Max Plante plays for the Gophers now, based on the graphic (couldn't get a snapshot).
Clearly a sign Max is looking to transfer. 😉 🤣 https://twitter.com/jeffromanoumd/status/2037220675350380690
Not as much Siouxage green in Sioux Falls as I thought there would be.
With the 70 degree days last weekend and earlier this week the snow has melted so Susie fans lost their main form of transportation (snowmobile). 😉 🤣
Quite the flop from strinden
Glad the refs didn’t fall for that flopping.
If they'd really seen it live, I could MAYBE see a 2 minute minor for roughing/unsportsmanlike/etc. But, no way that was a major, and they saw pretty quickly that it was not a spearing.
Looks like B1G crews for both games in Sioux Falls today.
Rooting for a giant earthquake, meteor, or other calamity to win the Sioux Falls regional final
Kind of the joy of who you play each night. Merrimack wins the xG quite handily. Both teams look like QU would’ve beat them by 2-3 at least but we’ll see which version of the teams shows up Saturday.
can’t say there was much enjoyable to watch hockey all day today
The Hockey East conference has been eliminated from the NCAA tournament going 0-3 scoring a total of 3 goals.
The Hockey East conference has been eliminated from the NCAA tournament going 0-3 scoring a total of 3 goals.

Hockey least once again. Can’t imagine it’ll last long, though.
@steve-mn My bad. I got PTSD this afternoon watching Sparty get “East Coasted” and trusted Google. Further research had the names of the clowns you mentioned:
Andrew Bruggeman and Sean Fernandez, with linesmen Tommy George and Justin Cornell. The officiating in this game was highly controversial following a 5-4 overtime win by UMass in Fargo, N.D..
- Controversial Calls: Gophers head coach Bob Motzko expressed frustration over the officiating.
- Key Moments: The officials forced Minnesota goalie Liam Souliere to leave the game due to a broken skate lace, leading to a UMass goal shortly after.
- No-Call: A potential trip on Minnesota’s Ryan Chesley was not called just before UMass scored the game-winning goal in overtime.
The announcers for the MSU game wouldn't shut up about Augistine. He's a great goalie but good Lord.
Dartmouth made Becky look like Maine with Kariya.
Andrew Bruggeman
I see him around town occasionally and I feel like slapping him upside his head because of this game sometimes.
I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
The Hockey East conference has been eliminated from the NCAA tournament going 0-3 scoring a total of 3 goals.
Eastern bias has transitioned to eastern bankrupt.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/i/status/2037523984540152199
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
The most egregious no-call was when Luke got cross checked and tripped behind the net and the perp came out with it and scored.@steve-mn My bad. I got PTSD this afternoon watching Sparty get “East Coasted” and trusted Google. Further research had the names of the clowns you mentioned:
AI Overview The referees for the 2025 NCAA Tournament first-round game between Minnesota and UMass on March 27, 2025, wereAndrew Bruggeman and Sean Fernandez, with linesmen Tommy George and Justin Cornell. The officiating in this game was highly controversial following a 5-4 overtime win by UMass in Fargo, N.D..
- Controversial Calls: Gophers head coach Bob Motzko expressed frustration over the officiating.
- Key Moments: The officials forced Minnesota goalie Liam Souliere to leave the game due to a broken skate lace, leading to a UMass goal shortly after.
- No-Call: A potential trip on Minnesota’s Ryan Chesley was not called just before UMass scored the game-winning goal in overtime.
The most egregious no-call was when Luke got cross checked and tripped behind the net and the perp came out with it and scored.@steve-mn My bad. I got PTSD this afternoon watching Sparty get “East Coasted” and trusted Google. Further research had the names of the clowns you mentioned:
AI Overview The referees for the 2025 NCAA Tournament first-round game between Minnesota and UMass on March 27, 2025, wereAndrew Bruggeman and Sean Fernandez, with linesmen Tommy George and Justin Cornell. The officiating in this game was highly controversial following a 5-4 overtime win by UMass in Fargo, N.D..
- Controversial Calls: Gophers head coach Bob Motzko expressed frustration over the officiating.
- Key Moments: The officials forced Minnesota goalie Liam Souliere to leave the game due to a broken skate lace, leading to a UMass goal shortly after.
- No-Call: A potential trip on Minnesota’s Ryan Chesley was not called just before UMass scored the game-winning goal in overtime.
From what I recall (haven't forgotten or repressed), that was when momentum started to shift. (But plenty of Posters use this loss as part of the proof Bob was a problem.)
Why does it seem like Westerns players are all the same size? Even the defenseman none of them stick out as tall.
Oof brutal penalty against the purple cows.
Ok...question here. Since the Gophers are obviously not in this thing this year. I have a hard time routing for any team in particular. Bentley I guess. But I know where that's headed after today.
I'm curious what others on the forum who they are routing for and who they are absolutely no bones about it...routing 100% against. Any takes?
Who does one route for if its Wisconsin vs Michigan State? I was at both games yesterday and I'm going to the game again tomorrow in Worcester. I actually was not impressed by Michigan State...they seemed flat and UConn made them work for their win. Same goes for the Dartmouth game. Wisconsin looked to be offensively in control generally during the game...but it was clear Dartmouth did not have the offensive puck control to maintain much of a chance. Through two periods though, it could have gone either way. I give Dartmouth credit for keeping the score low and close...but Wisconsin did not look to be likely to lose that contest. We'll see what happens tomorrow in Worcester...but I'm actually not going to be surprised if Wisconsin wins tomorrow. Anyway, that's my take on it.
Sucks not having Minnesota in it this year.
My takes:
Denver: They have won it too many times
Quinnipiac: They beat Minnesota 3 years ago to win it all...so no effin way
NoDak: Of course not
Michigan: Of course not
Penn State: Yeesh...of course not
I don't really care if a team like Denver or Western wins it, also have nothing against Michigan State but they're gonna need to play better than they did yesterday to keep going (should be able to beat Bucky). Mostly don't want Michigan or the Fighting Hawks to win, or Duluth.
Anybody but North Dakota and Duluth. Preferably a Big 10 team so we can put that to rest.
Never realized all of Michigans defenders are left handed. Besides the kid that’s stepping in for his 2nd game. Also no Michael Hage today.
https://twitter.com/matthew_auch/status/2037611119502655881?s=61
Rooting for….
Anyone who plays the F’n hawks, the skunks in popcorn boxes, and UMTP. 😁
Rooting for anyone playing bucky; the school responsible for the stupid Big Ten Hockey conference; or anyone out East.
Michigan is always on the bubble....
Broncos take out the PurpCows 3-1 (ENG). Game was much more fun to watch as a neutral than the full day of snoozefests we got yesterday
Lol wrist shot from the blue line beats the Bentley goalie with 1 second left. 2-0 after 1
If results hold, gophers will have beaten 5 or 6 of the final 8 teams pending tonight’s umd PSU game
Credit to Bentley for at least trying to play hockey, unlike some of the lesser teams that just try and dumb everything down and turn the game into a snooze fest ie: Cornell
Michigan with a goalie is a problem. They should stop that.
@steve-mn My bad. I got PTSD this afternoon watching Sparty get “East Coasted” and trusted Google. Further research had the names of the clowns you mentioned:
AI Overview The referees for the 2025 NCAA Tournament first-round game between Minnesota and UMass on March 27, 2025, wereAndrew Bruggeman and Sean Fernandez, with linesmen Tommy George and Justin Cornell. The officiating in this game was highly controversial following a 5-4 overtime win by UMass in Fargo, N.D..
- Controversial Calls: Gophers head coach Bob Motzko expressed frustration over the officiating.
- Key Moments: The officials forced Minnesota goalie Liam Souliere to leave the game due to a broken skate lace, leading to a UMass goal shortly after.
- No-Call: A potential trip on Minnesota’s Ryan Chesley was not called just before UMass scored the game-winning goal in overtime.
The game concluded Minnesota's 2024-25 season with a 25-11-4 record.
That's a B1G Crew. The crew for that game last year was, Referees: Joe Carusone, Jason Williams Asst. Referees: Ryan Knapp, Adam Wood
I rarely cheer for UMD but I don't want Penn St and their $700,000 man to win.
I rarely cheer for UMD but I don't want Penn St and their $700,000 man to win.
PSU players being impressively arrogant certainly add to that. Pretty clear new money vibe type team
I rarely cheer for UMD but I don't want Penn St and their $700,000 man to win.
PSU players being impressively arrogant certainly add to that. Pretty clear new money vibe type team
yeah for me it’s a toss up Sandlin or McKenna for the wanna see lose award, but this is the state of hockey and don’t think Duluth is gonna win it all this year anyway so I can feel fine when the dogs score for tonight. I don’t have much against Duluth really.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Not that it’s surprising, but the East is bad this year. Only win so far was against another East team.
The upside is someone has to lose that game. I do think it's a tough first round matchup for both teams and should be a good game. Other than the first game today we haven't seen too many of those (admittedly I didn't watch Providence vs Q).
Big ten: 3-0
NCHC: 3-0
ECAC: 1-2
HE: 0-3
AHA: 0-1
CCHA: 0-1
one nchc vs b10 to decide early conference supremacy.
Good pace, well, you know.😁
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
I never tire of Cornell losing in the NCAAs.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Max converts. Sweet pass.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The plante brothers seem like the poster hockey toddler rats that played against highschool kids on the pond and pissed them off.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
lol that we show McKennas stats
1 SOG, -1.
lmao
So sick of hearing about this “Scott Sandelin coaching tree” like he’s college hockey’s Bill Walsh. You didn’t hear too much about his genius the last four years when he didn’t have a winning record. Perhaps the magic was just spread out among his protègès at place like St. Cloud State.
I like that it feels like MSHS class A vs Penn state.😁 #respect “the tourney”
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
What a game so far, without a doubt most entertaining one so far. Send em home Penn St.
I’m really surprised we haven’t heard about how Sandelin’s kid played for Mankato…😂
