This years Frozen 4 terrible time to for championship
Schedule (Times Local)
Semifinal: Thursday, April 9, 2:00 pm
Semifinal: Thursday, April 9, 5:30 pm
Championship: Saturday, April 11, 2:30 pm
Aloha!
Honestly will be great to be in a building full of ice during the hottest part of the day!
UConn up 1-0 on Sparty in the 1st, they’ve really dominated MSU all period.
terrible goal to give up from Augustine
Lindstrom gets another penalty (this one is pretty damn blech as the guys spins away as he's already committed)
sparty needs to calm down and just play their game
uconn gets perhaps an even dumber penalty
Lee gross goal. 1-1
What is with Sparty and all the penalties today?
that last one on stramel is just stramel being dumb (not surprising). definitely playing with fire taking this many and with NCHC refs
i assume everyone will be on board with firing Nightengale if they lose today.
Would be 2 straight years as a 1 done in the 1st and 3 straight as a 1 not getting out of the regional.
Guys look like they didnt' come ready for this really sweet 130pm start
Edit: nice passing play results in Martone goal. 2-1 MSU. Getting outshot 25-13.
i assume everyone will be on board with firing Nightengale if they lose today.
Would be 2 straight years as a 1 done in the 1st and 3 straight as a 1 not getting out of the regional.
Guys look like they didnt' come ready for this really sweet 130pm start
It’s only legit if we know exactly who has and has not been contacted to take the job though. 😂
i assume everyone will be on board with firing Nightengale if they lose today.
Would be 2 straight years as a 1 done in the 1st and 3 straight as a 1 not getting out of the regional.
Guys look like they didnt' come ready for this really sweet 130pm start
Edit: nice passing play results in Martone goal. 2-1 MSU. Getting outshot 25-13.
Lol, I don’t know about that. They hadn’t made the tournament since 2012 before he took over.
i assume everyone will be on board with firing Nightengale if they lose today.
Would be 2 straight years as a 1 done in the 1st and 3 straight as a 1 not getting out of the regional.
Guys look like they didnt' come ready for this really sweet 130pm start
Edit: nice passing play results in Martone goal. 2-1 MSU. Getting outshot 25-13.
Lol, I don’t know about that. They hadn’t made the tournament since 2012 before he took over.
clearly he can't win the big one is the only explanation and not that this format is ridiculously random
I guess they're the most penalized team but it seems like they're trying to break a record today.What is with Sparty and all the penalties today?
i assume everyone will be on board with firing Nightengale if they lose today.
Would be 2 straight years as a 1 done in the 1st and 3 straight as a 1 not getting out of the regional.
Guys look like they didnt' come ready for this really sweet 130pm start
Edit: nice passing play results in Martone goal. 2-1 MSU. Getting outshot 25-13.
Lol, I don’t know about that. They hadn’t made the tournament since 2012 before he took over.
clearly he can't win the big one is the only explanation and not that this format is ridiculously random
AD has already reached out to Barr 🤣
They're not gonna fire him but being the most penalized team in the country isn't a great look for him either. Obviously that's not solely on the coach but it does seem pretty impressive given how bad B1G refs can be.clearly he can't win the big one is the only explanation and not that this format is ridiculously random
I guess they're the most penalized team but it seems like they're trying to break a record today.What is with Sparty and all the penalties today?
they got 20 10 min misconducts this year
Lindstrom personally got 5. One would think there'd be some supplemental discipline in there at some point.
They're not gonna fire him but being the most penalized team in the country isn't a great look for him either. Obviously that's not solely on the coach but it does seem pretty impressive given how bad B1G refs can be.clearly he can't win the big one is the only explanation and not that this format is ridiculously random
i'm saying it purely tongue in cheek. No chance they'd fire him or would I advocate for it if I was an MSU fan. Just remarking on how people rode Bob to the end's of the earth on that while ignoring that it's just really hard to win this time of year
Haha yeah I know, I do think their strategy of constantly going on the PK and relying on Augustine is questionable though 😆. Last year when Augustine was slightly off they were a first round exit, today he's been outstanding though.They're not gonna fire him but being the most penalized team in the country isn't a great look for him either. Obviously that's not solely on the coach but it does seem pretty impressive given how bad B1G refs can be.clearly he can't win the big one is the only explanation and not that this format is ridiculously random
i'm saying it purely tongue in cheek. No chance they'd fire him or would I advocate for it if I was an MSU fan. Just remarking on how people rode Bob to the end's of the earth on that while ignoring that it's just really hard to win this time of year
I guess they're the most penalized team but it seems like they're trying to break a record today.What is with Sparty and all the penalties today?
they got 20 10 min misconducts this year
Lindstrom personally got 5. One would think there'd be some supplemental discipline in there at some point.
Not great for a guy who was the 4th overall pick a couple years ago. Also hasn’t put up any offensive numbers you’d expect from the high of a draft pick. I would have to think he’s over his back injuries that he dealt with while in Major Juniors.
I'd kinda like to see the Big 10 finally win this thing. MSU is the least objectionable in it this year.
That first MSU goal was sick.
That game seemed like a group project where Augustine got to do all the work. Curious what the box score will have for xG on that one.
edit: 4.3 - 3.1 in favor of UConn, seems plausible with how many great saves Augustine made. Gotta imagine the Spartans clean things up a bit next game.
Uscho bracket shows red menace and dart on ESPN 2 but on my tv guide it’s on ESPN U so just kinda a heads up there if anyone is recording or anything might wanna look at that.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
That game seemed like a group project where Augustine got to do all the work. Curious what the box score will have for xG on that one.
edit: 4.3 - 3.1 in favor of UConn, seems plausible with how many great saves Augustine made. Gotta imagine the Spartans clean things up a bit next game.
0/5 on the PP for UConn going to loom pretty large in the regret column for them in the offseason
I'd kinda like to see the Big 10 finally win this thing. MSU is the least objectionable in it this year.
Sparty fans are so ignorant and annoying. I don’t care if the other B1G teams ever win anything, and it would be sweeter if we end up being the first to win it all in the B1G era.
For sure. But I'm so sick of listening to how great Nacho is.I'd kinda like to see the Big 10 finally win this thing. MSU is the least objectionable in it this year.
Sparty fans are so ignorant and annoying. I don’t care if the other B1G teams ever win anything, and it would be sweeter if we end up being the first to win it all in the B1G era.
Can't speak to USCHO, but Jup's bracket here has the proper channel:Uscho bracket shows red menace and dart on ESPN 2 but on my tv guide it’s on ESPN U so just kinda a heads up there if anyone is recording or anything might wanna look at that.
https://gopherpucklive.com/ncaa-bracket-challenge/?hbm_view=master
I need to see a replay, but, are goalies allowed to throw their stick to block a puck going in? I know other players can't.
EDIT: on replay, he didn't really throw the stick, and the puck hit the post, not the stick, so, no penalty there either way.
Seemed the stick accidentally slipped out of his hand on purpose.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No argument there. But, like I said, the puck hit the post, not the stick, so it doesn't really matter.Seemed the stick accidentally slipped out of his hand on purpose.
This feels wrong to say, but it's a slightly different green, and they ARE playing the BADgers, so: Go Green!
Definitely not and I believe they can award a goal if it stopped the puck from going into an open net.I need to see a replay, but, are goalies allowed to throw their stick to block a puck going in? I know other players can't.
EDIT: on replay, he didn't really throw the stick, and the puck hit the post, not the stick, so, no penalty there either way.
My goodness the speed in the Wisco Dartmouth game is rough lol
Dartmouth just looks terrible in general, other than their goalie.
Really great selling point for NCAA hockey on the regional for all 46 fans there
Dartmouth the most fraudulent 2 seed I’ve seen in a long time. Wisconsin isn’t that good. NPI needs to give more weight to strength of schedule
Dartmouth just looks terrible in general, other than their goalie.
I don’t know what he was doing on the 3rd goal but yeah.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Oshie just made me puke in my mouth a little. 10 minutes of studio time selling the ND program, mentions nothing about Merrimack.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Hey that’s Merry Mack.
The Wild are on if you need a distraction from Mr 🤮
Oshie just made me puke in my mouth a little. 10 minutes of studio time selling the ND program, mentions nothing about Merrimack.
The espn broadcasts and segments would be better if they got people who actually knew what the fuck is going on in college hockey. Cappy is fine, but they’d do infinitely better advertising the product getting people who can talk about the teams (like Schloss, Veegs, etc) than Guys who just blather nothing. If the vibe is to give of college hockey is a cult following, I guess mission success?
ESPN doesn't have anyone who knows anything about the mainstream sports.Oshie just made me puke in my mouth a little. 10 minutes of studio time selling the ND program, mentions nothing about Merrimack.
The espn broadcasts and segments would be better if they got people who actually knew what the fuck is going on in college hockey. Cappy is fine, but they’d do infinitely better advertising the product getting people who can talk about the teams (like Schloss, Veegs, etc) than Guys who just blather nothing. If the vibe is to give of college hockey is a cult following, I guess mission success?
I don’t know enough about the NOI to opine on that but the first sentence is absolutely true. They looked like a certain team we watched all year trying to connect passes 😆Dartmouth the most fraudulent 2 seed I’ve seen in a long time. Wisconsin isn’t that good. NPI needs to give more weight to strength of schedule
I don’t know enough about the NOI to opine on that but the first sentence is absolutely true. They looked like a certain team we watched all year trying to connect passes 😆Dartmouth the most fraudulent 2 seed I’ve seen in a long time. Wisconsin isn’t that good. NPI needs to give more weight to strength of schedule
The extra impressive part is they made a Wisconsin team we kept up with look like absolute burners out there
Not as much Siouxage green in Sioux Falls as I thought there would be.
The same referees who screwed the Gophers in last year’s NCAA tourney, Andrew Bruggerman and Sean Fernandez, worked today’s tourney game in Sioux Falls between Quninnipiac and Providence. Apparently the NCAA rewards incompetence … or maybe those morons were doing exactly what they were told to do, hmmm. Lol
Whether you like Bruggerman and Fernandez or not, this is just incorrect. That crew was, I think, ECAC, not B1G (nor could it have been a B1G crew given normal NCAA practices where in the tournament, officials from the conference of either of the participants are not allowed to run that game).The same referees who screwed the Gophers in last year’s NCAA tourney, Andrew Bruggerman and Sean Fernandez, worked today’s tourney game in Sioux Falls between Quninnipiac and Providence. Apparently the NCAA rewards incompetence … or maybe those morons were doing exactly what they were told to do, hmmm. Lol
The referees vs UMass were, in fact, Joe Carusone and Jason Williams
Quick whistle that should’ve counted.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Quick whistle that should’ve counted.
100%. Doesn’t have it covered in any capacity. Unfortunate for Merrimack but amazing how seemingly every single year there’s a game with a very controversial call

