We’re approaching call a random penalty time.
I’m all for a couple of big ten matchups.
What a game here. Both these net binders are having themselves a night. Gotta get espn subscription for tomorow
Gotta hand it to McKenna on Penn state. Easy to cringe about a freshman making 700k but the grass is always greener or however that saying goes. Blood sweat and tears got him to where he is today. Love to see college hockey expand and continue to impact all our communities. Go Gophs
the real question is why didn’t Minny fork out the cash to bring in McKenna?
HAHAHAHA lazy play by McKenna leads to goal
love to see a thriller of a game like. We fans deserve some on campus regionals and it would reward teams for having better reg season records
Sure hope someone catches the sniper that took out Laubach there.
Laubach got his seasons messed up. Dive team is coming up
McKenna crushing that -3 on the night
good win from the dogs. Will be interesting to see who’s gone versus back from PSU
Yay Dogs
Defensemen Fink and McKenna are not.
Jeez. $750k doesn’t get you what it used to anymore.
PSUs top line was out there for every goal against tonight
Duluth just doing Duluth things again, Michigan won’t walk through this next one, I know there’s a system for selecting regionals but when I seen it I cringed for Michigan a little having the top seed and all. Feeling stupid for taking Penn on the bracket now. Duluth always seems to be a tough out, pretty hard for the selection committee to put that in their system I suppose.😁
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
McKenna failed to PUNCH his ticket to the next round. I bet ESPN is in tears without McKenna FIGHTING his way to the Frozen Four.
To everyone who says teams have to have multiple high draft choices to make it to the Frozen Four, look at Penn St, BU and BC as examples 1,2 & 3.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
so will he be 1 season and done if he is the NHL 1st round draft pick?
would be quite likely but he has massive holes in his game. It’s funny he was previously listed as a generational guy, but he’s nowhere near what say even celebrini was at this point. Depends on who takes him but after how the year has gone, not out of the question whoever takes him will want him back at PSU (I wouldn’t as Gadowsky has not developed him at all on the defensive end of the rink which is where good holes lie). They cited some of the defenseman who have stayed but forwards are different and his vision and passing is definitely nhl ready. I’d be pretty surprised if he’s back next year though PSU does have a bunch of guys who could be.
fascinating to see what happened to finks numbers playing with him. They pretty clearly accommodated McKenna having him.
McKenna failed to PUNCH his ticket to the next round. I bet ESPN is in tears without McKenna FIGHTING his way to the Frozen Four.
To everyone who says teams have to have multiple high draft choices to make it to the Frozen Four, look at Penn St, BU and BC as examples 1,2 & 3.
You don’t have to, but it does help raise your floor. You definitely need the blend of older guys too. Which is exactly what msu, Michigan and und have this year to mix with their first round guys
So Mercyhurst University is dropping men’s hockey, didn’t they try this once before?
Aloha!
So Mercyhurst University is dropping men’s hockey, didn’t they try this once before?
They apparently were soliciting donations very recently. Looks like really ugly by their athletic dept
All their players are in the portal. Feel bad for those guys
Down to 4 NCHC teams, 3 BIG teams and Q. Gajan between the pipes pretty much won the game for tUMD last night. But Kleber also stopped McKenna 1x1 couple times. Hanson has emerged as an offensive D too. And the brothers are good together. That said, ugly helmets will be a tuff game on Sunday.Duluth just doing Duluth things again, Michigan won’t walk through this next one, I know there’s a system for selecting regionals but when I seen it I cringed for Michigan a little having the top seed and all. Feeling stupid for taking Penn on the bracket now. Duluth always seems to be a tough out, pretty hard for the selection committee to put that in their system I suppose.😁
Hopefully Daloots lack of depth catches up to them. We’ll see how one solid line, a good top dpair and a very good goalie can carry them.
Down to 4 NCHC teams, 3 BIG teams and Q. Gajan between the pipes pretty much won the game for tUMD last night. But Kleber also stopped McKenna 1x1 couple times. Hanson has emerged as an offensive D too. And the brothers are good together. That said, ugly helmets will be a tuff game on Sunday.Duluth just doing Duluth things again, Michigan won’t walk through this next one, I know there’s a system for selecting regionals but when I seen it I cringed for Michigan a little having the top seed and all. Feeling stupid for taking Penn on the bracket now. Duluth always seems to be a tough out, pretty hard for the selection committee to put that in their system I suppose.😁
I dunno if I’d say it’s all Gajan. Game could’ve been like 5-4 pretty easily as Duluth had a ton of chances too (their forward group created pretty damn well and exposed PSUs push style but hitting them in transition pretty consistently) and their d really pushed PSU outside consistently (looked kind of like how mn beat PSU this year where they gave up some looks, but majority was from the edges).
Excellent coaching and gameplan execution from UMD. Lots of kudos for quite a few guys
Funny the NCAA hasn't sent any reffing crews home for malfeasance after the first round.
Hopefully Daloots lack of depth catches up to them. We’ll see how one solid line, a good top dpair and a very good goalie can carry them.
It is why I like Michigan to beat them and certainly over a multi game series. Will need a mammoth game from Hanson and Kleber who played almost 30 min last night.
Under mentioned part from last night was PSU losing cerrato which pushed Misa up the lineup. Really hurt their defensive abilities and ability to hurt umd with 2 lines instead of 1
The Michigan schools are doing just fine and probably make it to the frozen four but we'll see.McKenna failed to PUNCH his ticket to the next round. I bet ESPN is in tears without McKenna FIGHTING his way to the Frozen Four.
To everyone who says teams have to have multiple high draft choices to make it to the Frozen Four, look at Penn St, BU and BC as examples 1,2 & 3.
We’re ten minutes into this game and ESPN has called Duluth’s win an upset twice.

Can we just have PSU and umd play again?
both Wisco and msu hyper conservative through one. Hastings has to be really pleased
Levy not knowing oshie didn’t ever win a ncaa title made for a real hilarious transition there
Impressively dirty hit from martone
The Michigan schools are doing just fine and probably make it to the frozen four but we'll see.McKenna failed to PUNCH his ticket to the next round. I bet ESPN is in tears without McKenna FIGHTING his way to the Frozen Four.
To everyone who says teams have to have multiple high draft choices to make it to the Frozen Four, look at Penn St, BU and BC as examples 1,2 & 3.
Yeah this conveniently leaves out North Dakota and the Michigan schools. It omits out important facts.
The Michigan schools are doing just fine and probably make it to the frozen four but we'll see.McKenna failed to PUNCH his ticket to the next round. I bet ESPN is in tears without McKenna FIGHTING his way to the Frozen Four.
To everyone who says teams have to have multiple high draft choices to make it to the Frozen Four, look at Penn St, BU and BC as examples 1,2 & 3.
Yeah this conveniently leaves out North Dakota and the Michigan schools. It omits out important facts.
I pointed out 2 of 3 schools ( BU and BC especially fall into that category) that seem to always get the hype of high draft picks each year and fail to win it all. The 3rd team, PSU, ESPN has spent all year promoting. I am aware other teams have 1st round picks. Nevermind that I have UM and MSU in the title game at the Frozen Four....
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Nightingale clearly told MSU to go into a shell when up two.

Nonsense embellishment call. Ref simply doesn’t want to give anyone a PP at this time. Coward.
Lol no idea what #8 was doing on that play, he made contact with the Badger forward, fell, hit the glass, and was wobbling around until the Badgers scored. Weird sequence of events.Nightingale clearly told MSU to go into a shell when up two.
Yeah that call made no sense.Nonsense embellishment call. Ref simply doesn’t want to give anyone a PP at this time. Coward.
C’mon Q. You have one job.
Come on Sparty--you have one job.
Sparty chokes continue on. 3 straight years now
Sparty chokes continue on. 3 straight years now
All of those high draft picks...
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Wisconsin gets two goals in the 3rd with less than 5 left and 30 seconds apart then quickly scores in OT. Onto the frozen four. What choke job by Michigan state
MSU looked like shit for most of the last 2 games and honestly got the result they deserved.
MSU looked like shit for most of the last 2 games and honestly got the result they deserved.
Yea, I kind of thought they earned this. Just sloppy for much of the two games.
Wisconsin and North Dakota in the Frozen 4 would be a fitting end to this nightmare of a season.
This is gonna be a frozen four of evil empires if UND, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Denver make it.
Way to show up Q god dam

