I have ZERO sympathy for Avs having some injury problems effecting them. They benefited vs Wild & now the shoe is on the other foot for Avs vs Vegas! Screw um! lmao!
Torts has clearly brought some of that Gold Medal winning swagger to the Knights. 😊 And to win your best players have to come through & you need some unexpected players getting hot. Also…Goaltending was the (potential) Achilles Heal for Avs, unfortunately Wild failed to exploit it while the Knights have.
It’s not OVER yet for Avs, but it will take absolute MIRACLE comeback from 0-3 Down. Like a 1% chsnce the way things are trending.
Yeah the Avs seem to be night and day without Makar. Admittedly I only watched the first period yesterday but for the first two games they weren’t creating as many chances from what I remember.
Ya know I just can’t get enthused watching Vegas vs Avs. Still bitter about blowing that 3-0 lead where Maker wud of been a non factor in G6 if Wild hadn’t turned Mild late in 3rd period .
Im still bitter over this. The Wild really kicked themselves in their own balls, especially watching the Avs fall apart to a very beatable Vegas team.
is there a better fan base pretty much in any other four major sports than the Montréal Canadiens. Even during the regular season, their fan base wears their red home jerseys. I think it’s easy to say that 90+ % of their fans wear the red jersey at a game.
Surprised how much love the TNT crew is giving. It’s not on the vomit level ESPN is giving Vegas. It’s like nails on a chalkboard every time they say “VGK”. The second newest NHL franchise acts like they are an original 6.
One of my favorite things is hearing the National Anthem at a hockey game on Memorial Day... even if it's played on Canadian soil in Montreal.
Related: I wish Americans sang the National Anthem with the passion that Canadian hockey fans sing the National Anthem.
The Nat’l Anthem is hard to sing. And having 18,000 plus in an arena can make it sound bad. Though I’ve heard the Nat’l Anthem be sung by large groups. If fans take it serious and not screw around singing it.. it call sound good.
Oh Canada really flows well, especially for a large group to sing.
One of my favorite things is hearing the National Anthem at a hockey game on Memorial Day... even if it's played on Canadian soil in Montreal.
Related: I wish Americans sang the National Anthem with the passion that Canadian hockey fans sing the National Anthem.
The Nat’l Anthem is hard to sing. And having 18,000 plus in an arena can make it sound bad. Though I’ve heard the Nat’l Anthem be sung by large groups. If fans take it serious and not screw around singing it.. it call sound good.
Oh Canada really flows well, especially for a large group to sing.
Agreed on all counts.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
It was a good game, Anderson really needs to save that first goal against though, not a bad shot but Matheson shouldn’t be scoring on an unscreened shot from the blue line. If he does that then the Canes probably win that one in regulation. When the Habs scored that goal that got overturned I kinda just rolled my eyes because it’s kinda insane how lucky they’ve gotten in these playoffs in terms of shooting luck and insane goaltending (that last part is more of a skill but this kind of goaltending doesn’t last forever).
For ESPN between periods Steve Levy is OK, Mark Messier is just so STIFF in his delivery, he has no sense of timing for breaking tension withlightness when it’s necessary…while PK Subban just tries way to hard to be over the top. They are so down several notches from the TNT crew it’s GLARING!
Wonder if Bednar gets canned? Colorado has been a fun regular season, open ice team but just cannot get through a team like Vegas who’s going to make you dump and chase with them. Minnesota would’ve been a better matchup with Vegas tbh
I actually don't know how many of the past years this is true, but....
its not a thing, just more hockey superstition. Historical results place it at like 1 in 5 odds of a Presidents trophy team winning the Cup. You’d expect 1:16 odds by random chance.
Note that it’s still possible for that 1:5 figure to be worse than expected results, but it’s obviously far more difficult to measure how much better a president’s trophy team might be vs. their playoff field in a given year.
Wonder if Bednar gets canned? Colorado has been a fun regular season, open ice team but just cannot get through a team like Vegas who’s going to make you dump and chase with them. Minnesota would’ve been a better matchup with Vegas tbh
I wonder if a certain phone at DU gets a call?!?!?!
Wonder if Bednar gets canned? Colorado has been a fun regular season, open ice team but just cannot get through a team like Vegas who’s going to make you dump and chase with them. Minnesota would’ve been a better matchup with Vegas tbh
I wonder if a certain phone at DU gets a call?!?!?!
no, the Avs are not hiring Carle to coach the oldest roster in the NHL while they’re still in a prime Cup contention window
Down three The Habs are employing the bold take no shots, take dumb penalties strategy.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frankly Montreal was lucky to get here and got to play a Buffalo team not ready for the moment in round 2.
getting completely embarrassed the last 3 games with Carolina
I think Buffalo as a team was mostly ready but they got out goaltended. That series was obviously a lot closer which makes me think neither team would’ve beaten Carolina.
Like I said earlier at the old Met Center I was lucky to have a connection for seats on the redline row 1 they did not have high glass behind the bench
And that quickly I turned the game off. The fix is in already and I’m not gonna watch it. That was definitely goalie interference and the stripes just look at what they wanna look at.
And that quickly I turned the game off. The fix is in already and I’m not gonna watch it. That was definitely goalie interference and the stripes just look at what they wanna look at.
this game is not remotely competitive nor have any of the last 3 games. The xG is like 16-6 even with Carolina taking multiple periods off