NHL 2025/26 season
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


NHL 2025/26 season

527 Posts
39 Users
192 Reactions
17.2 K Views
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4781
Rep Pts: 13809
Post on old board: 21741
 

Vive les Habitants!!


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 9:54 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7557
Rep Pts: 12366
Post on old board: 35040
 

And per South Park, we all know that "ze best Canada is ze French Canada!"


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 9:55 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Trickier shot than it initially looked, but clearly Luukkonen wants it back regardless. 


 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 9:57 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Let's freak everyone out and have Les Habitants win the Cup. I want to see the world burn. Grin

My final 4 to “cheer” for…

Montreal (Neg: Montreal ends Canada’s drought)

Carolina (Neg: Jackson Blake)

Colorado (Neg: MacKinnon, Landeskog, Makar, Kadri…)

Vegas (Neg: The whole franchise and fan base)

 


 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 9:58 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

Alex (FNING) Newhook!

Buffalo is the east coast version of MN for sports 

Didn’t really want to see Zucker & Greenway make it farther in the playoffs than Minnesota 😝


 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 10:02 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7557
Rep Pts: 12366
Post on old board: 35040
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

Alex (FNING) Newhook!

Buffalo is the east coast version of MN for sports 🫠

Didn’t really want to see Zucker & Greenway make it farther in the playoffs than Minnesota 😝

 
One nitpick. BUF only has 2 of the Big Four Sports. But, yes, snake bitten and of course the one Cup they should have won was against the Dallas Effin' Stars. 

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 10:05 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4010
Rep Pts: 12231
 

Posted by: @gator
↑

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Let's freak everyone out and have Les Habitants win the Cup. I want to see the world burn. Grin

My final 4 to “cheer” for…

Montreal (Neg: Montreal ends Canada’s drought)

Carolina (Neg: Jackson Blake)

Colorado (Neg: MacKinnon, Landeskog, Makar, Kadri…)

Vegas (Neg: The whole franchise and fan base)

 

 positive angle

canadas drought ends and it’s not mcdavid and the oilers which would be funny 

rod brindamour is a good dude and they play a good uncompromising style of hockey

burns wins one

i mean f those guys. I guess Marner sticking it to the Toronto bobos would be funny

 


 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 10:14 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

I’m not ripping on Buffalo, if anything I feel a kindred sympathy for Buffalo sports teams. In 1998-1999 Stars won the Presidents Cup and the Stanley Cup in 6 games, and while subsequently I’ve developed a tangible hatred for the Dallas Stars…27 years ago Brett Hull scoring the SC winning goal made that outcome more palatable for me…due to a connection you can probably surmise. 


 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 10:17 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7557
Rep Pts: 12366
Post on old board: 35040
 

The Brett Hull goal is exactly what I was referring to. It was a bullsh* goal and the NHL just pushed it through. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 10:23 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

@the-rube I hear ya, if I wud of been a Sabres fan I’d of been PISSED too! I mean, how strict they were calling a skater in the blue area was insane…but those were the rules at the time…and Hully had his left foot in the blue area when he shot the puck into the net. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. May 18, 2026 10:48 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
 

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

Gotta have that as the tendy

 

montreal moves on

Yeah probably but a weird end over end shot thru a screen isn’t exactly a gimme either. That said I do think Buffalo prob wins that series with better goaltending in the earlier games. 

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 19, 2026 12:13 am
upnorthkid reacted
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

@the-rube I hear ya, if I wud of been a Sabres fan I’d of been PISSED too! I mean, how strict they were calling a skater in the blue area was insane…but those were the rules at the time…and Hully had his left foot in the blue area when he shot the puck into the net. 

That rule was so stupid that the refs didn’t even know how to call it after reviewing it for seemingly ever. I’m not even sure they made the wrong call there but either way it’s good that the rule changed and became clearer.

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 19, 2026 12:18 am



bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

@trixr4kids 💯 % If you were a Stars or Brett Hull fan, it’s was a goal, if you were a Sabres fan, it wasn’t a goal. lol So absolutely, it was fortunate the NHL changed the specifics of that particular rule shortly after that goofy season


 
Posted : Tue. May 19, 2026 3:21 am
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 1262
Rep Pts: 3941
Post on old board: 5631
 

It's pretty sad that the Hurricanes are going to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals without having to play even a decent team to get there


 
Posted : Tue. May 19, 2026 9:42 am
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
 

I don't think the Habs are winning the cup but I wouldn't go that far. By this logic there's like 2 good teams in the league.


 
Posted : Tue. May 19, 2026 10:23 am
upnorthkid reacted
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4010
Rep Pts: 12231
 

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

I don't think the Habs are winning the cup but I wouldn't go that far. By this logic there's like 2 good teams in the league.

yeah by that metric neither would the Avs and they would have the lowest avg pts to make the cup if they get there

The Habs had more points than the Wild

Paths to this point

Col (121pt): 90pt LAK, 104pt MN; 96.3 avg pts if making cup

LV (95pt): 92pt Utah, 92pt Ana; 101.7 avg pts if making the cup

Car (113pt): 99pt Ott, 98pt Phil; 101 avg pts if making the cup

Mtl (106pt): 106pt TB, 109pt Buf; 109.3 avg pts if making the cup

 

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 19, 2026 11:23 am
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

No Cale Maker in the lineup tonight for Game 1 Knights vs Avs


 
Posted : Wed. May 20, 2026 7:04 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

It looked like he had a collarbone issue.

Sorry, I mean clavicle. 


 
Posted : Wed. May 20, 2026 7:25 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

It looked like he had a collarbone issue.

Sorry, I mean clavicle. 

Wasn't it the tailbone?  Cool  

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 20, 2026 8:23 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

It looked like he had a collarbone issue.

Sorry, I mean clavicle. 

Wasn't it the tailbone?  Cool  

 

Tailbones injuries suck donkey and is no joke. I’m looking at having coccyx surgery…

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 20, 2026 9:38 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @gator
↑

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

It looked like he had a collarbone issue.

Sorry, I mean clavicle. 

Wasn't it the tailbone?  Cool  

 

Tailbones injuries suck donkey and is no joke. I’m looking at having coccyx surgery…

 

yes they do suck, I had a bad case of a sciatica injury, I could not do anything walking, sitting or sleeping, I had to have sciatica surgery to fix this. This was my hardest injury to overcome. I remember how the pain would keep flowing down down one of my legs top of my leg to the lower part of my leg.

 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Thu. May 21, 2026 5:01 am
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

@gopher6 

Lucky for me my tailbone pain is only while sitting. I have really no pain standing, sleeping or with activities. I drive sitting on a donut pillow and even that with long drives hurts. If I dont sit on one while in a vehicle, especially in the passenger seat. It takes me awhile to crawl out of the passenger seat. An orthopedic saw my X-rays and won’t touch it. Said to have my primary physician to refer me to a back specialist. 


 
Posted : Thu. May 21, 2026 8:30 am
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @gator
↑

@gopher6 

Lucky for me my tailbone pain is only while sitting. I have really no pain standing, sleeping or with activities. I drive sitting on a donut pillow and even that with long drives hurts. If I dont sit on one while in a vehicle, especially in the passenger seat. It takes me awhile to crawl out of the passenger seat. An orthopedic saw my X-rays and won’t touch it. Said to have my primary physician to refer me to a back specialist. 


my injury happened while I was watching Gopher hockey in my Condo I was drunk and fell down on my tailbone, I went a couple of months in extreme pain I had a MRI done on my tailbone they told me of my injury I had to set up a surgery to get this repaired, about 2 weeks went by after the surgery and I was out of pain no other issues

 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Thu. May 21, 2026 9:31 am
gator and trixR4kids reacted



gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

@gopher6 

No clue on how I injured and displaced my tailbone. Both my chiropractor and the orthopedist ask and I have no clue.


 
Posted : Thu. May 21, 2026 10:12 am
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

No Cale Maker in the lineup tonight for Game 1 Knights vs Avs

Again, like I said in the Wild thread. The Wild really shot themselves in the foot by losing Game 5. No way Makar would’ve played Game 6 and probably 7. He’s had over a week off and still didn’t play last night. Plus Avs goaltending is somewhat of a train wreck. Neither have established the starting role. Not saying, the Wild would’ve won the series vs. Colorado, but choking away Game 5 never gave them that chance.

 


 
Posted : Thu. May 21, 2026 10:48 am
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Hurricanes are a tad rusty


 
Posted : Thu. May 21, 2026 7:42 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
 

The Gavin McKenna glaze fest of a documentary after the game is something 😆 


 
Posted : Thu. May 21, 2026 11:21 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

Carolina hockey playoffs, not to good lately 

Carolina Hurricanes Playoff Results

Year Record Result
2026 53-22-7 In Progress – Playoffs
2025 47-30-5 Lost Conference Finals (Won 2 Rounds)
2024 52-23-7 Lost Conference Semi-Finals (Won 1 Round)
2023 52-21-9 Lost Conference Finals (Won 2 Rounds)
2022 54-20-8 Lost Conference Semi-Finals (Won 1 Round)
2021 36-12-8 Lost Conference Semi-Finals (Won 1 Round)
2020 38-25-5 Lost First Round (Won 1 Round)
2019 46-29-7 Lost Conference Finals (Won 2 Rounds)

Aloha!

 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 7:45 am
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4540
Rep Pts: 11434
Post on old board: 18942
 

The Wild would be jealous of those results.


 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 10:18 am
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

The Wild would be jealous of those results.

yes they would, but Carolina has made it in they playoffs so many times lately with out winning the cup other then their one Stanley cup championship

 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 12:32 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

Ya know I just can’t get enthused watching Vegas vs Avs. Still bitter about blowing that 3-0 lead where Maker wud of been a non factor in G6 if Wild hadn’t turned Mild late in 3rd period . 


 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 8:26 pm
gator and camo coat guy reacted
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1383
Rep Pts: 4103
 

Yeah what might have been, I keep punishing myself with the thought. Vegas coming up big in the 3rd when it matters most. Unreal, this is the first game I’ve watched since we were eliminated.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 9:48 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1383
Rep Pts: 4103
 

Avs were 45-0 when leading after 2. Now 45-1


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 10:01 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4010
Rep Pts: 12231
 

May not have mattered with a wild team that doesn’t play trap/clog the middle like Vegas does, but this Colorado team cannot do anything in transition with these defensemen unless it’s their forwards creating the entire rush


 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 10:01 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

I m totally OK with Avs losing both at Home F um! F McKinnon ! Arrogance catches up, given time…


 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 10:03 pm
MATT reacted



Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

There’s only one former Gopher left in the playoffs… 


 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 10:20 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4540
Rep Pts: 11434
Post on old board: 18942
 

Don't write COL off just yet. I feel like they've been their own worst enemy as much as VGK has figured out how to neutralize them. We will see.


 
Posted : Fri. May 22, 2026 10:31 pm
trixR4kids reacted
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
 

Yeah I think they could maybe turn it around, idk what the long term prognosis of Makar is that definitely makes a huge difference.


 
Posted : Sat. May 23, 2026 3:03 pm
Slap Shot reacted
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1805
Rep Pts: 3555
Post on old board: 6912
 

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if Avs win both games in Vegas. But if Makar does not play in games 3 & 4, it might get dicey for them. With that said, I enjoyed seeing the Avs lose both at home! 


 
Posted : Sat. May 23, 2026 5:25 pm
Slap Shot reacted
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 949
Rep Pts: 3575
 

Dobeš just knocked his own net off to kill the Canes’ offensive zone time 😂  These TNT commentators have no idea…


 
Posted : Sat. May 23, 2026 6:28 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2043
Rep Pts: 6153
Post on old board: 15139
 

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Dobeš just knocked his own net off to kill the Canes’ offensive zone time 😂  These TNT commentators have no idea…

If him and Portillo faced off the game would take 4 hours (not including any potential OT).

 


 
Posted : Sat. May 23, 2026 7:22 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1383
Rep Pts: 4103
 

That toe drag by Anderson to get it down on goal made me go whoa.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Sat. May 23, 2026 8:27 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1383
Rep Pts: 4103
 

Party in Carolina, needed that!


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Sat. May 23, 2026 8:59 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7557
Rep Pts: 12366
Post on old board: 35040
 

Dislike all teams except Les Habitants for various reasons. Overall, I don't care, but gun to my head? Go Canada. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sat. May 23, 2026 10:50 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Agreed.  Definitely a "least bad of the options" kind of thing.

Vive Les Habitants


 
Posted : Sun. May 24, 2026 12:27 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Reminiscent of the frozen four; a la Brewsters millions, vote for none of the above.  

I might have to actually start paying attention to the Twins.  🤔😂


 
Posted : Sun. May 24, 2026 2:02 am
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 949
Rep Pts: 3575
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Dislike all teams except Les Habitants for various reasons. Overall, I don't care, but gun to my head? Go Canada. 

i cannot be excited for a team built around Caufield, Dobeš, and Hutson (who Montreal fans have been mega-obnoxious about in claiming that he’s better than both LaCombe and Faber so he should’ve made the USA Olympic squad; we saw the head to head matchup in Tampa ‘23 where Hutson got wrecked).

 


 
Posted : Sun. May 24, 2026 2:24 am



The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7557
Rep Pts: 12366
Post on old board: 35040
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Reminiscent of the frozen four; a la Brewsters millions, vote for none of the above.  

I might have to actually start paying attention to the Twins.  🤔😂

 

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sun. May 24, 2026 6:07 am
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4666
Rep Pts: 12236
 

Cal Makar plays game 3 but Colorado blows a 3-0 lead losing 5-3 and are now down 3 games to none.

The come back started with a power play goal on a former Sue player Brock Nelson penalty.


 
Posted : Sun. May 24, 2026 9:58 pm
Page 7 / 11

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad