Matthew Schaefer 18 yr old plays for the New York Islanders 15 goals so far this season
Aloha!
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/47829095/sources-rangers-send-artemi-panarin-kings-trade-freeze
Aloha!
Do the rangers have anyone left on the team that was there a year ago?!
Zibanejad and Rempe are all that immediately come to mind. A real core to build around. 😆
I’m sure there are others and my brain isn’t braining.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/47830278/devils-acquire-bjugstad-trade-blues-roster-freeze
Aloha!
Adam Fox but that's probably because he's on LTIR lol.Do the rangers have anyone left on the team that was there a year ago?!
Today Lou Nanne was talking about former goalie Glenn Hall played over 500 games without a goalie mask
Aloha!
Today Lou Nanne was talking about former goalie Glenn Hall played over 500 games without a goalie mask
one of my favorite stories he told was when he went to the equipment room at the U on his first day to get his hockey gear and the guy working said Nanne you’re a freshman right? Lou said no I’m Italian, he thought he said Frenchmen.😂
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Do the rangers have anyone left on the team that was there a year ago?!
Cuylle, Trocheck, Schneider, Borgen
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48032582/penguins-sidney-crosby-put-ir-miss-least-4-weeks
Aloha!
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48032582/penguins-sidney-crosby-put-ir-miss-least-4-weeks
you knew from the second you saw him try push off there was no way he wasn't missing extended time
The Penguins got some room in terms of points to spare but that's not ideal.
Rantanen also going to be out a couple weeks for Dallas. Good news for the Wild
The Penguins got some room in terms of points to spare but that's not ideal.
Did you see that Colorado's supposed cap space after their trade is 8.7.. I mean there is no way right??!! With Pittsburgh in contention for a playoff birth.
'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan
If Sid wanted to go there we probably would've heard about it by now. Him and Mackinnon train together and I think are friends but he's also seems like a creature of habit who'd rather just stay where he is.The Penguins got some room in terms of points to spare but that's not ideal.
Did you see that Colorado's supposed cap space after their trade is 8.7.. I mean there is no way right??!! With Pittsburgh in contention for a playoff birth.
I also think Dubas probably had conversations with all these guys and would've gladly traded the guy to accelerate the rebuild, he has a no movement clause so it'd be up to him.
If Sid wanted to go there we probably would've heard about it by now. Him and Mackinnon train together and I think are friends but he's also seems like a creature of habit who'd rather just stay where he is.The Penguins got some room in terms of points to spare but that's not ideal.
Did you see that Colorado's supposed cap space after their trade is 8.7.. I mean there is no way right??!! With Pittsburgh in contention for a playoff birth.
I also think Dubas probably had conversations with all these guys and would've gladly traded the guy to accelerate the rebuild, he has a no movement clause so it'd be up to him.
I think you are likely right. Honestly I think Kadri makes a lot of sense in Colorado. #runitback
'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48040259/joel-quenneville-becomes-second-nhl-coach-1000-wins
Aloha!
45 years ago today
Aloha!
45 years ago today
I remember coming home from the outdoor rink playing pond hockey a few blocks from home and listening to it on the radio in the basement taking off all my crap in the laundry room.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”
Penguins blowing out Vegas right now 4-0 end of 2nd
Aloha!
Brenden Dillon (NJ) gets 4 minor penalties in the 1st period vs. Florida.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48116673/penguins-evgeni-malkin-ejected-slashing-face-ban
Aloha!
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48124687/red-wings-acquire-d-justin-faulk-rebuilding-blues
Aloha!
NHLDoPS decides to fine Hagel $5,000 for going after Dahlin. If you made $65,000 that would be a ~$50fine.
If I got to punch a co-worker in the head a bunch of times while they were falling and not fighting back for $50... I have a much stronger consideration to do so...
https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/2030788283354030424
There's no concussion issue, I have no idea what you're talking about.
What is the league going to do when the next team to play Tampa grabs Kucherov by the collar and puts him in the hospital?NHLDoPS decides to fine Hagel $5,000 for going after Dahlin. If you made $65,000 that would be a ~$50fine.
If I got to punch a co-worker in the head a bunch of times while they were falling and not fighting back for $50... I have a much stronger consideration to do so...
https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/2030788283354030424
There's no concussion issue, I have no idea what you're talking about.
What is the league going to do when the next team to play Tampa grabs Kucherov by the collar and puts him in the hospital?NHLDoPS decides to fine Hagel $5,000 for going after Dahlin. If you made $65,000 that would be a ~$50fine.
If I got to punch a co-worker in the head a bunch of times while they were falling and not fighting back for $50... I have a much stronger consideration to do so...
Well Dahlin returned to the game, so no harm, no foul right? If Kurcherov has to go to the hospital, I mean... then we have an injury and somebody might have to sit for 1 game. Just so we do the right thing and make sure someone misses a game if there is an injury.
(missing the sarcasm font)
NHLDoPS decides to fine Hagel $5,000 for going after Dahlin. If you made $65,000 that would be a ~$50fine.
If I got to punch a co-worker in the head a bunch of times while they were falling and not fighting back for $50... I have a much stronger consideration to do so...
https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/2030788283354030424
There's no concussion issue, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Boo hoo if you actually think fighting still has a place in the league. Yeah it was a 100% bush league move, but in the sense that fighting/roughing is allowed with little to no retribution let's be honest, "who gives a f**k?" The larger problem is allowing thuggery, cross-checks, wicked slashes, etc. with no serious penalties (on ice and financially) over what happened in that sequence.
The NHL has the most skilled players overall, but tell me you prefer that b.s. over the beauty of what was witnessed in both the Class A and Class AA title games and what will soon be seen in the Frozen Four.
If DoPS could actually impose real penalties on players for this kind of garbage, there really wouldn't be a need for fighting. Someone makes a cheap hit (or worse like this) and they sit out for a month or more. That would change behaviors real fast.NHLDoPS decides to fine Hagel $5,000 for going after Dahlin. If you made $65,000 that would be a ~$50fine.
If I got to punch a co-worker in the head a bunch of times while they were falling and not fighting back for $50... I have a much stronger consideration to do so...
https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/2030788283354030424
There's no concussion issue, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Boo hoo if you actually think fighting still has a place in the league. Yeah it was a 100% bush league move, but in the sense that fighting/roughing is allowed with little to no retribution let's be honest, "who gives a f**k?" The larger problem is allowing thuggery, cross-checks, wicked slashes, etc. with no serious penalties (on ice and financially) over what happened in that sequence.
The NHL has the most skilled players overall, but tell me you prefer that b.s. over the beauty of what was witnessed in both the Class A and Class AA title games and what will soon be seen in the Frozen Four.
If you check the write-up, that $5,000 is the maximum penalty they COULD give out under the CBA. THAT'S the real problem. There needs to be real punishment options available, instead of this slap on the wrist with a wet noodle BS
Boston 3 Washington 2 in ot shootout, it took 9 rounds to get the winning goal
Aloha!
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48232520/oilers-expect-leon-draisaitl-miss-rest-regular-season
Aloha!
It isn't related to the 2025/26 NHL season, but this is still likely the best place for it:
• As part of the new CBA, neck guards will be mandatory for the 2026-27 season for every player who has not yet played an NHL game. Others will be grandfathered, but the hope is that, especially after neck guards were mandatory at the recent Olympics, more and more players will give them a try.
Campbell and Stephen Walkom, the NHL’s executive vice president of officiating, said referees next season will strictly enforce proper use of visors and neck guards, a standard that wasn’t applied at the Olympics. As the rule book states, players will first be issued a warning, then a minor penalty if they play another shift with equipment that’s not properly worn.
I hadn't heard mandatory neck guards were coming. 2 years ago my wife bought me the Warroad TiLo for Xmas, said it wasn't negotiable, and while this season I have gotten used to it, it isn't fun to wear if I haven't freshly shaved my neck, and the thing runs very hot. Wonder which style will become popular in the NHL.
This also probably means Brock Faber (and others) will have to fix his visor. I always wondered why they just let guys wear it that way. Why even have the rule, if you allow players like Carl Haglin to wear it on top of the helmet. I also wonder, if he had worn the visor properly, would he have needed to retire?
From his own teammate in warmups nonetheless. Oops.
Anaheim has 80 points (69 games played) - they lead the Pacific division
Philadelphia has 80 points (69 games played) - they are 11th place in the eastern conference.
This is really sad. Dave was the oldest of three and from a great family; his two younger brothers were close to my age. I played bantams and worked for several years with the older of the brothers. Only met Dave a couple time and he was a good guy.
https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/2034359437461266482?s=20
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This isn't related to this season but it is NHL related.
On this date 1936 the Detroit Red Wings defeated the Montreal Marions 1-0 in the longest game in NHL history. The game lasted 176 minutes and 30 seconds.
The NHL should go back to they playoff setting like they had in 1980, Montreal was defending champs they were #1 team in the playoffs and lost to the North Stars 4 games to 3, the North Stars were the last team placed in the playoffs
Aloha!
Actually, the North Stars were 6th in the NHL in points in '79-'80. The format was was 1-16, 2-15 and so on. The 6th seeded North Stars defeated 11th seeded Toronto 3-0 in the first round. All the top 8 seeds won. Next round was #3 Montreal vs the #6 North Stars. The North Stars then lost to #1 seed Philadelphia in the semi-finals.The NHL should go back to they playoff setting like they had in 1980, Montreal was defending champs they were #1 team in the playoffs and lost to the North Stars 4 games to 3, the North Stars were the last team placed in the playoffs
Actually, the North Stars were 6th in the NHL in points in '79-'80. The format was was 1-16, 2-15 and so on. The 6th seeded North Stars defeated 11th seeded Toronto 3-0 in the first round. All the top 8 seeds won. Next round was #3 Montreal vs the #6 North Stars. The North Stars then lost to #1 seed Philadelphia in the semi-finals.The NHL should go back to they playoff setting like they had in 1980, Montreal was defending champs they were #1 team in the playoffs and lost to the North Stars 4 games to 3, the North Stars were the last team placed in the playoffs
thanks for correcting my original comment it goes back to my senior year in High School to many drugs used back then
Aloha!
🤣 🤣 🤣 👍Actually, the North Stars were 6th in the NHL in points in '79-'80. The format was was 1-16, 2-15 and so on. The 6th seeded North Stars defeated 11th seeded Toronto 3-0 in the first round. All the top 8 seeds won. Next round was #3 Montreal vs the #6 North Stars. The North Stars then lost to #1 seed Philadelphia in the semi-finals.The NHL should go back to they playoff setting like they had in 1980, Montreal was defending champs they were #1 team in the playoffs and lost to the North Stars 4 games to 3, the North Stars were the last team placed in the playoffs
thanks for correcting my original comment it goes back to my senior year in High School to many drugs used back then
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48341426/golden-knights-fire-bruce-cassidy-hire-john-tortorella
Aloha!
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48341426/golden-knights-fire-bruce-cassidy-hire-john-tortorella
Don't bring me downnnnn.... Bruce

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48364223/goalies-markstrom-shesterkin-drop-gloves-devils-rangers
Aloha!
I find goalie fights to be both equally pathetic and equally the only hockey fights I want to see.
I find goalie fights to be both equally pathetic and equally the only hockey fights I want to see.
Shesterkin looked like he knew what he was doing at least. Agree the equipment seems to always make it feel like they're pretty meh fights, but Shesterkin seemed to get him pretty decent
Crosby on ice today vs Washington
Aloha!
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/48467131/avalanche-coach-jared-bednar-facial-fractures-puck
Aloha!

