Multiple opponents this season have done this to Gopher players (including knocking Gruba out for pretty much the whole Michigan Tech series) and both times it was only called a two minute penalty. This type of play is called very inconsistently.
Pushing a player from behind like this is a very dangerous play. It has the potential to end a person's ability to ever walk again.
Yes sports/hockey is dangerous, and accidents happen (but this isn't an accident) as a player have some respect for your opponent. After all at some point it could be you on the other end of it.
paging Evan Werner (+whoever his 4th NCAA team in 4 years ends up being)
Unreal
https://twitter.com/ginohard_/status/1994829015845409136?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unreal
https://twitter.com/ginohard_/status/1994829015845409136?s=46&t=UoTCikmOZyJ29kktoNzh-A
Just saw this. How many players started yelling at the officials for "missing" offsides? Would've loved to see a coaches challenge there!! haha.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/1prrpc6/nazar_takes_a_puck_to_the_chin_to_miss_four_weeks/
Aloha!
I thought the Winter Classic was always on January 1. Strange to schedule it against the first round of the World Juniors medal round.
Future NHL ref in training? I heard his name is Will. Where there is a will there is way.
https://twitter.com/GinoHard_/status/2006888231527436790
I thought the Winter Classic was always on January 1. Strange to schedule it against the first round of the World Juniors medal round.
Weirder to schedule it against the college football playoff.
Cool to have Luongo do the ceremonial puck drop. He had a long career and was always fun to watch. I’ve seen him play some epic playoff games.
Watching NHL right now on ABC Penguins vs Redwings 2-1 Penguins late in the second
Aloha!
I see Logan Stanley was being Logan Stanley last night.....
The Dallas (no) Stars have lost 5 games in a row.
Not good. Blood on ice is apparently NOT internal. Still....
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Not good. Blood on ice is apparently NOT internal. Still....
per team, fully alert and moving all extremities. Hopefully nothing serious for him but a scary way to go into the boards
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/47535825/new-jersey-devils-lose-9-0-flat-embarrassing-effort
Aloha!
Not good. Blood on ice is apparently NOT internal. Still....
Well, once blood leaves the body, you’re correct - it’s now external. 😬 (Not quite sure what you mean though since all blood in the body is technically internal?)
Not good. Blood on ice is apparently NOT internal. Still....
Well, once blood leaves the body, you’re correct - it’s now external. 😬 (Not quite sure what you mean though since all blood in the body is technically internal?)
He wasn't coughing it up or anything. I guess his knee his his chin (he folded that hard) and he cut himself.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
I guess Markstrom was -7.5 in terms of what he let in vs expected goals against, the worst performance of any goalie ever (since using that metric anyhow) 🤣https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/47535825/new-jersey-devils-lose-9-0-flat-embarrassing-effort
I'd be curious to see what actual results are as a percentage of expected. It seems like every time I see someone reference an expected stat the actual results are nowhere close.
That's called Goals Saved Above Expected. And its tracked for goalies in all the different situations.I'd be curious to see what actual results are as a percentage of expected. It seems like every time I see someone reference an expected stat the actual results are nowhere close.
Right, Ullmark is currently worst in the league with -18.5 over the entire season. Markstrom got nearly halfway there in one game lol (and now is 2 spots above Ullmark).
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/47542967/mammoth-host-avalanche-27-winter-classic-utes-stadium
Aloha!
That's called Goals Saved Above Expected. And its tracked for goalies in all the different situations.I'd be curious to see what actual results are as a percentage of expected. It seems like every time I see someone reference an expected stat the actual results are nowhere close.
This is why I hate ANAL-ytics. They have gone too far down the rabbit hole.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Information is never a bad thing. Not understanding analytics doesn't mean that they aren't useful.That's called Goals Saved Above Expected. And its tracked for goalies in all the different situations.I'd be curious to see what actual results are as a percentage of expected. It seems like every time I see someone reference an expected stat the actual results are nowhere close.
This is why I hate ANAL-ytics. They have gone too far down the rabbit hole.
I understand them. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. I think Ben Franklin said that. 😉
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Mark TwainI understand them. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. I think Ben Franklin said that. 😉
Mark TwainI understand them. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. I think Ben Franklin said that. 😉
Someone missed the joke. 😉
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
It's a bit that KFAN uses for many an infamous quote. Ben Franklin said everything.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Really, dude?
RIP Glenn Hall. NHL goalie, 502 consecutive games started (552 including post season). One of the best to ever play the game.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
RIP Glenn Hall. NHL goalie, 502 consecutive games started (552 including post season). One of the best to ever play the game.
I am going to say that record is pretty safe. What an incredible streak of talent, stamina, and health.
I can't imagine anyone coming close to that anytime soon/ever again.
Yes, it is a different game now, I don't care, that's incredible.
I don’t think anyone will get to the top five.
Who was Glen Hall's backup? The zamboni driver? It could've ben his neighbor, Joe Sixpack, haha. They probably saved some money and didn't even roster one.
For seven seasons nobody else play a minute in goal for him. That is just staggering to think about. Especially in an era of no helmets and no masks for goalies.
The Bruins are blowing out the Rangers 5-1 in the 2nd period
Aloha!
Miller and Trochek must be saving their energy for the Olympics.
Now the Bruins lead 8-2 in the 3rd they have 2 hat tricks in today’s game
Aloha!
10-2. Khusnutdinov with four goals, Zacha with three, Pastrnak with 6 assists.
For some reason the rangers look really bad with Adam Fox out of the lineup 😆
Ewas just coming to post the same.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/47696830/kings-darcy-kuemper-back-injury-well-ahead-olympics
Aloha!
Leafs head coach had a “gym accident”. Check out his new look on NHL network. 🫣
Leafs head coach had a “gym accident”. Check out his new look on NHL network. 🫣
I saw that, that had really hurt that is a very large cut to the head
https://www.nhl.com/news/maple-leafs-craig-berube-shows-off-forehead-stitches
Aloha!




