57 Users
236 Likes
21.9 K Views
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12505
Post on old board: 9626

Gophers getting their revenge for Bowling Green beating them on homecoming in 2021. Take that Falcons.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

gator reacted
Kelor
(@kelor)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 148
Post on old board: 5863

And in a moment of stupidity, Bowling Green doesn't go for the 2 point conversion --  which potentially allows a field goal by the Gophers to basically seal this. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7473

Darius Taylor now has 209 yards (198 rushing, 11 receiving) and a TD.

Gophers up 30-17

Kelor
(@kelor)
Lucia Level Golden

@collegehockeyaddict The second half has been way more exciting than the first!

MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4379

Darius is very good at football 

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1136
Post on old board: 6069

Posted by: @kelor

And in a moment of stupidity, Bowling Green doesn't go for the 2 point conversion --  which potentially allows a field goal by the Gophers to basically seal this. 

Not to be outdone, PJ kicks a PAT to go up 13 instead of going for two to make it a 14 point lead. No difference between 12 and 13. 

Kelor
(@kelor)
Lucia Level Golden

@snowcool08 

Math using toes is hard.  

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Brooks Level

Freshmen RB Taylor with another 10+ yard rush and game clinching first down!!!

The Gophers now have a 7 game Bowl winning streak five of which are with PJ.

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5611
Post on old board: 16243

I still see post on social media that people want Fleck fired. My question to them is who would you have to replace him. And make the list or the person a legitimate list or person. Funny how they can never come up with a list or a person that is legitimate. 

Keep your stick on the ice...

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1228
Post on old board: 5547

I just heard on KFAN the Gophers have won 7 straight bowl games

Aloha!

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2532
Post on old board: 7833

And @collegehockeyaddict edges out KFAN  by 18 minutes 

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

No one owns the Quick Lane Bowl like the Gophers. They are now 3-0 by beating Central Michigan, Georgia Tech and now Bowling Green. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

gator reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5611
Post on old board: 16243

@frozen4champs 

So are you saying the Gophers have a chance if the Quick Lane Bowl becomes a FBS playoff bowl?!?!?!

Keep your stick on the ice...

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Posted by: @gator

@frozen4champs 

So are you saying the Gophers have a chance if the Quick Lane Bowl becomes a FBS playoff bowl?!?!?!

I think the Gophers should be the permanent host school. Detroit is a great destination in December.

gator reacted

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Brooks Level

The Gophers last 5 Bowl wins before today were all against Power 5 Conferences. The 7 straight bowl wins are as follows

MAC, Pac 12, ACC, SEC, Big 12, ACC, MAC

The Gophers clearly dominate ALL conferences. 😉 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @iceburg

And @collegehockeyaddict edges out KFAN  by 18 minutes 

Clearly KFAN is reading my post(s) and reiterating it. They should be citing where they get their information. 😆 

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1228
Post on old board: 5547

KFAN also said it’s the 2nd longest current bowl victories they said Alabama has a current 8 bowl game victories? Didn’t they lose last season in the national championship?

Aloha!

Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1997

Posted by: @gopher6

KFAN also said it’s the 2nd longest current bowl victories they said Alabama has a current 8 bowl game victories? Didn’t they lose last season in the national championship?

Nope. That was Georgia over TCU.

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1795
Post on old board: 8686
Topic starter  

The bowl streak is excluding National Championship games (but includes semi-finals). 

grothm01
(@grothm01)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 244

The offensive line was opening Hugh holes.

JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1795
Post on old board: 8686
Topic starter  

This was also Fleck’s 50th win at MN. Putting him at 7.14 per season. Bettering Mason who had 6.4 over ten seasons. 

Best since Murray. 

Unka Dimmy and Greyeagle reacted

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3335
Post on old board: 30840

Fleck terrible time management have used all their time outs with 9 minutes left in 1st half

I'll give him some grace on timeouts considering how many players were playing that were inexperienced today. At least one of those timeouts the defense was scrambling all over the field trying to get lined up. The TO there was a must.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4584
Post on old board: 28736

Posted by: @coondog

RE: Academics

Wouldn’t it be great if a formula to include academic progress rate into the CFP to determine who qualifies — for example this year to sort out if FSU gets in or not.

Then use the academic progress rates EXCLUSIVELY to seed the teams.  Maybe then use this for seeding for all the post season tourneys. Kentucky plays Kansas first round of NCAA BB tourney — tough!

Maybe at lease an acknowledgement that these are COLLEGE sports.

You want to hear real crazy: A substantial percentage of NIL money (?25%) from each collective goes into one national collective pool.  Then distributed according to academic parameters.

So you want to incentivize teams to go full UNC and have no one take hard classes so they keep their grad rates high?  No thanks...

Academic Progress Rate is a BS stat.

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @beauner

Fleck terrible time management have used all their time outs with 9 minutes left in 1st half

I'll give him some grace on timeouts considering how many players were playing that were inexperienced today. At least one of those timeouts the defense was scrambling all over the field trying to get lined up. The TO there was a must.

People overblow the TO thing.  I could rip him for many things (and I DO) but most of the time I have no issue with his TO usage because it is due to players out of place or to avoid a penalty or something.  That is what TOs are there for!  Now...if you want to rip him you rip him because the players are so often out of position or plays take too long to get in.

My biggest gripe with PJ (besides usage of backups at key positions even in blowouts) is that his teams are very inefficient at getting plays set up.  The set almost never changes so line the [bleep] up and call the play at the line from the sideline.  They huddle up for way too long, take too long to sub then do the look over to the sideline way too late in the play clock to make it work.  The subs should be ready the play BEFORE to run in right away. (yes I know that allows defensive subs...so do huddles so it is a wash)  Then you have plenty of time to change up plays or call a quick count when the whistle blows or whatever.  Keeps the defense on its toes.  Even Morgan, who had plenty of time in the system, was never really allowed to take control which is sort of the point of the way we do our offense.  PJ just doesn't seem to trust any QB to make the right read or play (and he wants to control clock anyways) so it is about using every second and grinding.  That works if you win but is brutal in close games or when you need to come back.  If you can't recruit a QB who can run your offense then either change the offense or let someone else find your QB for you because...yikes their track record is not great.

To me we should be 60/40 run to pass and we should use multiple running backs even if you have a guy like Mo or Taylor.  When games are not really in doubt put the backup QBs in to get some reps.  We don't need to run 4 wide or air raid stuff, we just need a QB who can throw a slant (Morgans bread and butter) based on running and we should be able to adjust that crap at the line with more than 5 seconds left on the clock.

Unka Dimmy and Greyeagle reacted
Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3957
Post on old board: 9428

Posted by: @handyman

Posted by: @beauner

People overblow the TO thing.  I could rip him for many things (and I DO) but most of the time I have no issue with his TO usage because it is due to players out of place or to avoid a penalty or something.  That is what TOs are there for!  Now...if you want to rip him you rip him because the players are so often out of position or plays take too long to get in.

My biggest gripe with PJ (besides usage of backups at key positions even in blowouts) is that his teams are very inefficient at getting plays set up.  The set almost never changes so line the [bleep] up and call the play at the line from the sideline.  They huddle up for way too long, take too long to sub then do the look over to the sideline way too late in the play clock to make it work.  The subs should be ready the play BEFORE to run in right away. (yes I know that allows defensive subs...so do huddles so it is a wash)  Then you have plenty of time to change up plays or call a quick count when the whistle blows or whatever.  Keeps the defense on its toes.  Even Morgan, who had plenty of time in the system, was never really allowed to take control which is sort of the point of the way we do our offense.  PJ just doesn't seem to trust any QB to make the right read or play (and he wants to control clock anyways) so it is about using every second and grinding.  That works if you win but is brutal in close games or when you need to come back.  If you can't recruit a QB who can run your offense then either change the offense or let someone else find your QB for you because...yikes their track record is not great.

Ive never seen a coach more consistently waste timeouts than Fleck, he’s good for 2-3 per game. Timeouts are for stopping the clock at the ends of halves. Well coached teams don’t have to get bailed out of bad situations and his teams have way too many times where the play is late getting in or they are disorganized. It’s a consistent issue. 

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden

I disagree...especially in the first half.  The amount of times I see coaches go into halftime with TOs in their pocket shows they have almost no real value so use them whenever.  

Slap Shot reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 6972
Post on old board: 18942

Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3335
Post on old board: 30840

Page 20 / 20