Post on old board: 17892

In all likelihood

ReplyQuote
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2195
Post on old board: 6782

Well poop.  No gopher hockey for me in Mankato.

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 832
Post on old board: 5335

I could see them scheduling a weaker series Sat/Sunday the 1st and 2nd.  That's when Alaska would have been this year. Maybe we win the battle to be Lindenwoods first D1 opponent.

ReplyQuote
gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 738

Would be nice to open the regular season at home and curbstomp them. Twice. If that series doesn’t fire this team up for summer prep…..!

It would be great to sweep them. Curbstomp has a nice ring to it.

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7391

I'll settle for one win first lol

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1227
Post on old board: 5547

Potential sell out material if they price it right.

FYP

the former Athletic director is the one to blame for the high ticket pricing issue, maybe remove his name from the complex that has his name on it

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1158

FYP

the former Athletic director is the one to blame for the high ticket pricing issue, maybe remove his name from the complex that has his name on it

I know it was Teague that jacked up football prices.  Wasn't he also the one that did it to hockey?

ReplyQuote

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 933
Post on old board: 11106

FYP

I know it was Teague that jacked up football prices. Wasn’t he also the one that did it to hockey?

I'm not entirely sure.  The reseating, which by itself ruffled a lot of feathers, was already underway when Maturi retired (who I assume 6 was referring to), but I think it was Teague who took an unpopular plan that, in fairness, was not unreasonable into a machine to fleece longtime hockey fans.

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7212
Post on old board: 10120

https://mobile.twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1524836090707947522?cxt=HHwWhMC99Y6Wp6kqAAAA

when’s the jan series?  They only have their conference schedule posted that I can find.

ReplyQuote
magoose
(@magoose)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 248

Talk of schedules always gets me excited for a new season.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12502
Post on old board: 9626

Jan Brady has released their schedule. Gophers @ Concrete Center Jan 7th ( Sat ) and play at Mariucci on Jan 8th on Sunday. Series pushed back a day to accommodate players coming back from World Juniors I assume.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

Jup is going to need to bump the schedule countdown up.  Looks like we will be the first D1 games for Lindenwood.

https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1537167206647226368?t=t4QERyZDUX5_Yq_YtKnFyQ&s=19

ReplyQuote
BlueBandit24
(@bluebandit24)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1106

ReplyQuote
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2518
Post on old board: 7833

Men’s hockey returning to St. Louis reminds me my first Gopher game was against the dreaded Billikens of St Louis University.

ReplyQuote

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Don't miss the snark about playing scrubs that won't help the pairwise or not playing all the non conference games against NCHC teams.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Gopherguy05 wrote...

Jup is going to need to bump the schedule countdown up.  Looks like we will be the first D1 games for Lindenwood.

Here's what we know for the @GopherHockey schedule so far: 10/1-2 – @LULionsHockey (home); 10/7-8 @MinnStMHockey (home/away); 10/21-22 – @UNDmhockey (home); 11/25-26 – at @SunDevilHockey (away); 1/7-8 – @SCSUHUSKIES_MH (away/home)— Jess Myers (@JessRMyers) June 15, 2022

Gopher football has their homecoming game vs Purdue at 11am that morning. That should give fans plenty of time to clear out before the hockey game.

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

frozen4champs wrote...
Gopherguy05 wrote…

Here’s what we know for the @GopherHockey schedule so far: 10/1-2 – @LULionsHockey (home); 10/7-8 @MinnStMHockey (home/away); 10/21-22 – @UNDmhockey (home); 11/25-26 – at @SunDevilHockey (away); 1/7-8 – @SCSUHUSKIES_MH (away/home)— Jess Myers (@JessRMyers) June 15, 2022

Gopher football has their homecoming game vs Purdue at 11am that morning. That should give fans plenty of time to clear out before the hockey game.

Yeah if I remember right the last time they did the double hockey was pushed back to a 8 pm faceoff as well.

ReplyQuote
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1231133 <!--more-->

Under 18 team will be here Thursday December 29

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Gophers will play an exhibition game at Bemidji on New Years Eve

https://twitter.com/BSUBeaversMHKY/status/1545143975186767872

ReplyQuote
thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level

frozen4champs wrote...

Serratore announced addition of home exhibition against Minnesota during upcoming 2022-23 season.

? https://t.co/LmO7oOAo7Y #GoBeavers #BeaverTerritory pic.twitter.com/ZhmB4ac0LV— Bemidji State Men’s Hockey (@BSUBeaversMHKY) July 7, 2022

Curious if that means the game will be on PBS/KTCI.  IIRC their games often are, but don't know how much the exhibition designation affects things.  It'd be good to know since both BTN and BSN might pass on showing it.

Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5592
Post on old board: 16243

I would think there's a 99.9% chance this game will not be on tv.

Keep your stick on the ice...

ReplyQuote

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Why on what is essentially a holiday?

ReplyQuote
BIll
 BIll
(@bill)
Rep Pts: 6

thinkbui wrote...
frozen4champs wrote…

Serratore announced addition of home exhibition against Minnesota during upcoming 2022-23 season.

? https://t.co/LmO7oOAo7Y #GoBeavers #BeaverTerritory pic.twitter.com/ZhmB4ac0LV— Bemidji State Men’s Hockey (@BSUBeaversMHKY) July 7, 2022

Curious if that means the game will be on PBS/KTCI.  IIRC their games often are, but don’t know how much the exhibition designation affects things.  It’d be good to know since both BTN and BSN might pass on showing it.

Bemidji no longer air games on PBS lakeland 10. they did away with airing games on that channel a while ago. They now only have games on the WCHA online stream.  BTN couldn't even show it anyway since it a Gophers road game and BTN don't have rights to road non conference games.

ReplyQuote
thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level

BIll wrote...
thinkbui wrote…
frozen4champs wrote…

Curious if that means the game will be on PBS/KTCI.  IIRC their games often are, but don’t know how much the exhibition designation affects things.  It’d be good to know since both BTN and BSN might pass on showing it.

Bemidji no longer air games on PBS lakeland 10. they did away with airing games on that channel a while ago. They now only have games on the WCHA online stream.  BTN couldn’t even show it anyway since it a Gophers road game and BTN don’t have rights to road non conference games.

I don't know.  Lakeland/PBS seemed a lot happier to share the TV rights than, say, Midco with UND home games.  Maybe I'm remembering the pre-realignment WCHA days, but I swear I recall that, during the North Star Cup days, the two games we played in Bemidji as part of that agreement were being shown both on PBS and then FSN+.

But agreed that the situation today is a lot different, especially with the CCHA, so we might have to subscribe to their streaming service.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Anyone in the know, know if we are close to the schedule coming out - august is the rumor, so hoping early august rather than late.  My work is getting angry I have my Fridays blocked off til I know the schedule. ??

ReplyQuote
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level

Cowgirl wrote...

Anyone in the know, know if we are close to the schedule coming out – august is the rumor, so hoping early august rather than late.  My work is getting angry I have my Fridays blocked off til I know the schedule. ??

Have to decide if I attend a conference in St. Louis 9-30 and 10-1.  Can be back for 5pm on Saturday 10-1.  But, do I bank on a traditional 7pm start?  Or do they plan an afternoon Sat-Sun series like last year with the cancelled Alaska series.  Whoever writes the hockey schedule is a master of suspense...

ReplyQuote
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5592
Post on old board: 16243

I know part of the sch. hold up is with BIG Basketball sch. and tv times.  Though I think just posting a sch. w/o puck drop times could work for people.

Keep your stick on the ice...

ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2304

Sioux Suck wrote...
Cowgirl wrote…

Anyone in the know, know if we are close to the schedule coming out – august is the rumor, so hoping early august rather than late.  My work is getting angry I have my Fridays blocked off til I know the schedule. ??

Have to decide if I attend a conference in St. Louis 9-30 and 10-1.  Can be back for 5pm on Saturday 10-1.  But, do I bank on a traditional 7pm start?  Or do they plan an afternoon Sat-Sun series like last year with the cancelled Alaska series.  Whoever writes the hockey schedule is a master of suspense…

Saturday the 1st of October is homecoming against Purdue with an 11am kickoff so I would think that you could probably feel pretty safe about a 7pm puck drop.

ReplyQuote

Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Wooger Level

Rau4SkiUMah wrote...
Sioux Suck wrote…
Cowgirl wrote…

Have to decide if I attend a conference in St. Louis 9-30 and 10-1.  Can be back for 5pm on Saturday 10-1.  But, do I bank on a traditional 7pm start?  Or do they plan an afternoon Sat-Sun series like last year with the cancelled Alaska series.  Whoever writes the hockey schedule is a master of suspense…

Saturday the 1st of October is homecoming against Purdue with an 11am kickoff so I would think that you could probably feel pretty safe about a 7pm puck drop.

Thank you!  That definitely helps

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1227
Post on old board: 5547

Cowgirl wrote...

after the State fair as usual

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

Cowgirl wrote...

FWIW, last year they announced it on August 31st. My wife is in the same boat as you, wanting to block off her hockey Fridays ASAP.

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4367

Just bought season tickets for the upcoming season. Looking forward to it!

The assumption is we will have one more home non-conference series added, correct?

Right now we current sit at:

2 home against Lindenwood

2 home against UND

1 home against Mankato

1 home against St. Cloud

12 home BIG games

1 or 2 TBD? Hoping to see one more home series against a school like CC or MTU

ReplyQuote
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1794
Post on old board: 8686

It's ridiculous how late the schedule comes out now.  We split our seats with family and are trying to plan so we can live the rest of our non-hocky lives.

ReplyQuote
Bert
 Bert
(@bert)
Stauber Level Moderator
Rep Pts: 963
Post on old board: 8405

frozen4champs wrote...
Cowgirl wrote…

FWIW, last year they announced it on August 31st. My wife is in the same boat as you, wanting to block off her hockey Fridays ASAP.

B1G has to figure out FB, MBB, WBB first.  Then Hockey

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7391

Bert wrote...
frozen4champs wrote…
Cowgirl wrote…

Ok not WBB. I refuse to believe that takes priority over men’s hockey

ReplyQuote

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4600
Post on old board: 10695

<li class="bsp-quote-title">maroon and gold wrote...
Bert wrote…
frozen4champs wrote…
Cowgirl wrote…

Well, you'd probably be wrong.  If you watch the scheduling process, and overall TV coverage, I'm sure WBB gets way more focus from the B1G than hockey.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

Steve MN wrote...
    <li style="list-style-type: none;">

<li class=”bsp-quote-title”>

maroon and gold

wrote…
Bert wrote…
frozen4champs wrote…
Cowgirl wrote…

Well, you’d probably be wrong.  If you watch the scheduling process, and overall TV coverage, I’m sure WBB gets way more focus from the B1G than hockey.

They do in theory get better ratings, but the only time that WBB usurps  hockey is the weekend of the Big Ten Tournament.  Otherwise womens games are all weeknights or Sundays, times when hockey doesn't interfere.

The sports that interfere with hockey are football and volleyball in October-November and MBB in November-march.

ReplyQuote
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

To match up with if we ever get the schedule here are the weekend dates that there will likely be a Bally's TV conflict--I.E the days both the Wolves and Wild play at the same time.

Sat Nov 19--7PM

Sat Jan 14--7 PM

Sat Jan 21--Wild at 5, Wolves at 7

Sat Jan 28--wolves at 7 Wild at 8

Fri Feb 24  Wild at 6 Wolves at 7

Sat March 4th-9PM

Guessing those January/Feb games will be easy to put on BTN if needed,  and that November game may be moved earlier for TV if need be depending on the matchup.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden

In recent years they usually find a way to get 99% of the games on TV. I have no worries about it. Along with options of BTN and ESPN,  Ballys has 3 options on my provider (BSN, BSN+ and BSN2).

ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

So I ordered my season tickets this afternoon and my confirmation email included a schedule. It wasn’t a link it was typed out in receipt like font. Well, actually it was part of the receipt so that would make sense. I did a double take and the non conference games line up with what we already know and everything. Is this reliable info or is it possible that things change. Again, it was the confirmation email with receipt included from Gopher sports after I had ordered my season tickets.

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4600
Post on old board: 10695

I didn't think there was any question about which teams we're playing this year, it was just down to what days for them.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Yeah there were dates and everything. I mentioned the non conference games because the opponents and dates all lined up with what we already know. Leading me to wonder if the dates along with the B1G opponents were legit and set in stone. For instance Wisconsin is set to be here December 9 and 10. According to this we close out the regular season against Ohio State February 24 and 25.

ReplyQuote

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5288
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter  
Cowgirl wrote...
Rau4SkiUMah wrote…

Yeah there were dates and everything. I mentioned the non conference games because the opponents and dates all lined up with what we already know. Leading me to wonder if the dates along with the B1G opponents were legit and set in stone. For instance Wisconsin is set to be here December 9 and 10. According to this we close out the regular season against Ohio State February 24 and 25.

can ya post said schedule?

Yeah... That would be great! We can get the GPL Schedule updated!

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Jupiter wrote...
Cowgirl wrote…
Rau4SkiUMah wrote…

can ya post said schedule?

Yeah… That would be great! We can get the GPL Schedule updated!

And then when the official one comes out in two weeks we’ll all scramble to update.  ?

ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Hey, sorry for keeping you guys waiting! I wanted to keep up the suspense before the big reveal.

Ok, so here is what the email said.

Lindenwood Oct 1 & 2

Mankato Oct 7

North Dakota Oct 21 & 22

Notre Dame Nov 4 & 5

Penn State Nov 11 & 12

Wisconsin Dec 9 & 10

USA U18 Dec 29

SCSU Jan 8

Michigan Jan 20 & 21

Michigan State Jan 27 & 28

Ohio State Feb 24 & 25

Again, this is according to email I received after purchasing my season tickets this afternoon. Let me know if anything looks irregular.

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Topic starter  

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I have updated the GPL schedule! If I need to go back and make changes later on... No big deal!

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote
Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level

Jupiter wrote...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I have updated the GPL schedule! If I need to go back and make changes later on… No big deal!

You bet! Glad I could help.

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3913
Post on old board: 12555

Rau4SkiUMah wrote...

Hey, sorry for keeping you guys waiting! I wanted to keep up the suspense before the big reveal.

Lindenwood Oct 1 & 2

Mankato Oct 7

North Dakota Oct 21 & 22

Notre Dame Nov 4 & 5

Penn State Nov 11 & 12

Wisconsin Dec 9 & 10

USA U18 Dec 29

SCSU Jan 8

Michigan Jan 20 & 21

Ohio State Feb 24 & 25

Again, this is according to email I received after purchasing my season tickets this afternoon. Let me know if anything looks irregular.

Oof.  Lots of road games to end the season.

ReplyQuote
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Topic starter  
Bertogliat wrote...
Rau4SkiUMah wrote…

Lindenwood Oct 1 & 2

Mankato Oct 7

North Dakota Oct 21 & 22

Notre Dame Nov 4 & 5

Penn State Nov 11 & 12

Wisconsin Dec 9 & 10

USA U18 Dec 29

SCSU Jan 8

Michigan Jan 20 & 21

Ohio State Feb 24 & 25

I am anticipating that there will be a "bye" week in February. So it will be just 2 road series.

Get your own board!

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3913
Post on old board: 12555

Jupiter wrote...
Bertogliat wrote…
Rau4SkiUMah wrote…

Lindenwood Oct 1 & 2

Mankato Oct 7

North Dakota Oct 21 & 22

Notre Dame Nov 4 & 5

Penn State Nov 11 & 12

Wisconsin Dec 9 & 10

USA U18 Dec 29

SCSU Jan 8

Michigan Jan 20 & 21

Ohio State Feb 24 & 25

I am anticipating that there will be a “bye” week in February. So it will be just 2 road series.

No regular season games in March or another bye week in March?  Last year we had a bye in March, but no bye in Feb.  Seems likely 3 of last 4 series will be on the road.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6