2025/26 NCAA hockey
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2025/26 NCAA hockey

1,100 Posts
71 Users
569 Reactions
48.6 K Views
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

here is the Big Ten schedule

https://www.uscho.com/conference/big-ten/


Aloha!

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 4, 2025 3:13 pm
g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1352
Rep Pts: 3645
Post on old board: 6782
 

I had the chance to see behind the curtain this weekend here in Mankato when the Minnesota State men's program hosted an adult hockey day camp.  Here is the list of things we got to do:

  • Coach Ward broke down what the Mavs practice was going to look like and went over some of their game tactics
  • Watched the Mavs practice
  • Morning on ice practice with Coach Strand, Ward, and Paulsen along with six players.  
  • At lunch time had a Q&A with six players.  Questions weren't all softballs and the players were really open in their answers.
  • Afternoon practice with the coaches and some different players.  Then a scrimmage to finish off the on ice time.
  • Happy hour with the coaches and a gear sale.  I picked up a $350 stick for $25, only blemish is a small chip out of the toe of the stick.

It only cost $125 for the day which included lunch and a practice jersey.  I had a lot of great conversations with the coaches and players.  Such a unique experience and even as a fan behind enemy lines, I did let some people know my allegiance, I was welcomed as a hockey fan.  It was worth the price of admission for sure. 

 

During happy hour Coach Strand fielded questions and didn't shy away from anything.  On the subject of NIL it does seem like the coaches here will die on the hill about what NIL money is out there and being used to recruit.  He did preface his remarks that MSU can't compete with the B1G schools in that regards but it just means that they have to recruit different types of players.  Two transfer players during the Q&A did say how much they love being in Mankato from their previous teams and pointed to the coaches as being the big reason for the move, their previous schools were Boston University and Wisconsin.  

 

Anyway to wrap it up on this, it was a lot of fun and interesting to hear what the coaches and players had to say on some things and have the chance for interaction with them.  


I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

 
Posted : Mon. Sep 15, 2025 7:25 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

Another player who played pro hockey last year, will play in the NCAA this year. Jack Beck played 4 games in the AHL and 36 games in the ECHL as a point per game player. This is getting ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/GabbyJChernoff/status/1968429337918534031


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Wed. Sep 17, 2025 5:28 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

This is ridiculous

 

 Pittsburgh signed him to come back earlier this summer as well


 
Posted : Wed. Sep 17, 2025 6:12 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

Frozen Four times in Vegas released. Thursdays games will be at 4 and 7:30 central (2 and 5:30 Vegas time) with the Saturday championship game at 6:30 central (4:30 Vegas time). Will be strange to actually go out after the games and not have to rush to a bar before closing time.


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 12:20 pm
Cowgirl and Amonte_10 reacted
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Frozen Four times in Vegas released. Thursdays games will be at 4 and 7:30 central (2 and 5:30 Vegas time) with the Saturday championship game at 6:30 central (4:30 Vegas time). Will be strange to actually go out after the games and not have to rush to a bar before closing time.

shit i read the email and automatically just thought of it as local time. that's going to feel super weird

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 12:48 pm
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2402
Rep Pts: 5188
Post on old board: 12555
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Frozen Four times in Vegas released. Thursdays games will be at 4 and 7:30 central (2 and 5:30 Vegas time) with the Saturday championship game at 6:30 central (4:30 Vegas time). Will be strange to actually go out after the games and not have to rush to a bar before closing time.

The game could finish at 4 am and you wouldn't have to worry about the bars closing.  It's a wonderful city.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 1:26 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Frozen Four times in Vegas released. Thursdays games will be at 4 and 7:30 central (2 and 5:30 Vegas time) with the Saturday championship game at 6:30 central (4:30 Vegas time). Will be strange to actually go out after the games and not have to rush to a bar before closing time.

The game could finish at 4 am and you wouldn't have to worry about the bars closing.  It's a wonderful city.

I definitely love the city, and yes, there's NO real problem finding an open bar even with a late game.  If nothing else, most of the casinos have at least one bar that's going 24/7

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 1:41 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Frozen Four times in Vegas released. Thursdays games will be at 4 and 7:30 central (2 and 5:30 Vegas time) with the Saturday championship game at 6:30 central (4:30 Vegas time). Will be strange to actually go out after the games and not have to rush to a bar before closing time.

The game could finish at 4 am and you wouldn't have to worry about the bars closing.  It's a wonderful city.

I definitely love the city, and yes, there's NO real problem finding an open bar even with a late game.  If nothing else, most of the casinos have at least one bar that's going 24/7

 

My point was usually the games get over late because of the time zones they are played in and we have to get back to the hotel because of an early flight. Especially on the east coast. This year we can actually go out and we will fly out at a decent time the next day... I have been to Vegas many times and am aware of the nightlife


GIF

 

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 2:26 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Frozen Four times in Vegas released. Thursdays games will be at 4 and 7:30 central (2 and 5:30 Vegas time) with the Saturday championship game at 6:30 central (4:30 Vegas time). Will be strange to actually go out after the games and not have to rush to a bar before closing time.

The game could finish at 4 am and you wouldn't have to worry about the bars closing.  It's a wonderful city.

I definitely love the city, and yes, there's NO real problem finding an open bar even with a late game.  If nothing else, most of the casinos have at least one bar that's going 24/7

My point was usually the games get over late because of the time zones they are played in and we have to get back to the hotel because of an early flight. Especially on the east coast. This year we can actually go out and we will fly out at a decent time the next day...

That's certainly understandable.  I think I've just switched to slightly later flights long enough ago that I don't worry as much about it.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 2:28 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Frozen Four times in Vegas released. Thursdays games will be at 4 and 7:30 central (2 and 5:30 Vegas time) with the Saturday championship game at 6:30 central (4:30 Vegas time). Will be strange to actually go out after the games and not have to rush to a bar before closing time.

The game could finish at 4 am and you wouldn't have to worry about the bars closing.  It's a wonderful city.

I definitely love the city, and yes, there's NO real problem finding an open bar even with a late game.  If nothing else, most of the casinos have at least one bar that's going 24/7

My point was usually the games get over late because of the time zones they are played in and we have to get back to the hotel because of an early flight. Especially on the east coast. This year we can actually go out and we will fly out at a decent time the next day...

That's certainly understandable.  I think I've just switched to slightly later flights long enough ago that I don't worry as much about it.

 

Unfortunately we have to fly into a place 4 hours from home and have that wonderful drive ahead of us. So, the lesser of 2 evils is an early flight and driving home during the daylight.

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 2:34 pm
Steve MN reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Another player who played pro hockey last year, will play in the NCAA this year. Jack Beck played 4 games in the AHL and 36 games in the ECHL as a point per game player. This is getting ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/GabbyJChernoff/status/1968429337918534031

I know football is trying to go from having 2 portal windows to just one.  I wonder if NCAA hockey will consider doing something similar, limiting it to say April 15th to July 15th or whatever.  Of course I don't know if this is even considered a "portal" move. I think an add this late in the game is absurd. 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 2:35 pm



Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 1007
Rep Pts: 3884
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Another player who played pro hockey last year, will play in the NCAA this year. Jack Beck played 4 games in the AHL and 36 games in the ECHL as a point per game player. This is getting ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/GabbyJChernoff/status/1968429337918534031

I know football is trying to go from having 2 portal windows to just one.  I wonder if NCAA hockey will consider doing something similar, limiting it to say April 15th to July 15th or whatever.  Of course I don't know if this is even considered a "portal" move. I think an add this late in the game is absurd. 

 

adding an extra roster player late isn’t the problem for me, especially with the 26-man roster limit imposed by the House settlement which is so utterly absurd and ridiculous for men’s hockey.

the main issues are that (1) amateurism and being a student-athlete, as concepts, have become blatantly farcical, and college sports is not even trying to pretend that circle can be squared anymore; (2) the guy is actively under contract!!!

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 4:34 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Another player who played pro hockey last year, will play in the NCAA this year. Jack Beck played 4 games in the AHL and 36 games in the ECHL as a point per game player. This is getting ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/GabbyJChernoff/status/1968429337918534031

I know football is trying to go from having 2 portal windows to just one.  I wonder if NCAA hockey will consider doing something similar, limiting it to say April 15th to July 15th or whatever.  Of course I don't know if this is even considered a "portal" move. I think an add this late in the game is absurd. 

 

adding an extra roster player late isn’t the problem for me, especially with the 26-man roster limit imposed by the House settlement which is so utterly absurd and ridiculous for men’s hockey.

the main issues are that (1) amateurism and being a student-athlete, as concepts, have become blatantly farcical, and college sports is not even trying to pretend that circle can be squared anymore; (2) the guy is actively under contract!!!

 

 

I agree but that ship has already sailed. At least they could add a few more restrictions timewise.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 5:42 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

FWIW, Bucci's 1st poll.

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/1968743688822981038


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 6:33 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 1007
Rep Pts: 3884
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

FWIW, Bucci's 1st poll.

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/1968743688822981038

 

Putting us at 7 is very bullish, but not unreasonable. North Dakota at 5, WMU at 8, and St. Thomas at 16 are all completely insane though. Bucci is clearly just fishing for engagement from the big fanbases, like he always does.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 7:42 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1968792773701579073


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 9:16 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3795
Rep Pts: 11908
Post on old board: 10120
 

I Dont Ron Burgundy GIF

 
Posted : Thu. Sep 18, 2025 10:13 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

The 1st USCHO poll is out. 6 B1G teams in top 20

https://twitter.com/USCHO/status/1970175442851098847


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Mon. Sep 22, 2025 12:20 pm
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 985
Rep Pts: 3035
Post on old board: 6069
 

I'm shocked Cornell didn't receive a first place vote.


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 22, 2025 1:03 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

I like the Gophers being ranked Higher then the Fighting Who!! Cool  


Aloha!

 
Posted : Mon. Sep 22, 2025 1:25 pm
Kelly Red
(@kelly-red)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 1158
Rep Pts: 2707
 

@gopher6 I like that Wisconsin is ranked LAST! 😜


Dorothy: Who’s that?
Scarecrow: A man with an axe and a can of lube. I’ll ask if he wants to join us.

 
Posted : Mon. Sep 22, 2025 4:04 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @kelly-red
↑

@gopher6 I like that Wisconsin is ranked LAST! 😜

Just last in the Top 20.  I'd much prefer they weren't on the list.

 


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 22, 2025 5:10 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547



Rau 4 SkiUMah 2.0
(@rau4skiumah2-0)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 472
Rep Pts: 2587
 

lol what? That is the most mailed in name of all time 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 1:17 pm
Slap Shot reacted
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

The Whioux are going to play in Belfast in 2027 over Thanksgiving weekend with BADgers, QU, and Northeastern. They better stock up on beer with 2 of those fan bases.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1970535116356059316

 

 

Friendship Four future years

2025 
Miami, RIT, Sacred Heart Union
2026
Minnesota Duluth, Colgate, Providence, UConn
2027
North Dakota, Quinnipiac, Wisconsin, Northeastern
2028
Omaha, Dartmouth, Maine, Notre Dame 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 2:18 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3795
Rep Pts: 11908
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @rau4skiumah2-0
↑

lol what? That is the most mailed in name of all time 

It fits the generic looking trophy I guess.  😂

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 3:21 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3795
Rep Pts: 11908
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

 

 

 

 

Friendship Four future years

2025 
Miami, RIT, Sacred Heart Union
2026
Minnesota Duluth, Colgate, Providence, UConn
2027
North Dakota, Quinnipiac, Wisconsin, Northeastern
2028
Omaha, Dartmouth, Maine, Notre Dame 

 

Any meteors projected to be in the area in 2027?  Asking for a friend.  😁

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 3:23 pm
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 985
Rep Pts: 3035
Post on old board: 6069
 

Posted by: @rau4skiumah2-0
↑

lol what? That is the most mailed in name of all time 

They only got 125 submissions. I guarantee most of them were “The Engelstad Trophy” or “The Ralph” or “Nine Toes.”

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 3:27 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

One sites projection of the Spengler Cup roster.

https://twitter.com/TeamECH/status/1970622324937199829


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 6:57 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

Posted by: @snowcool08
↑

Posted by: @rau4skiumah2-0
↑

lol what? That is the most mailed in name of all time 

They only got 125 submissions. I guarantee most of them were “The Engelstad Trophy” or “The Ralph” or “Nine Toes.”

 

Rick Haley probably wrote in 25 of them.

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 8:14 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

The Whioux are going to play in Belfast in 2027 over Thanksgiving weekend with BADgers, QU, and Northeastern. They better stock up on beer with 2 of those fan bases. 

 

wisconSIN hockey fans don’t travel. They might get a handful of more fans cause the BADgers play at Minnesota in football that weekend. Plus it’s Belfast, not Sioux Falls, SD… Hawks fans in Ireland with no Mich Golden or Budweiser, they won’t know what to drink.

 


 
Posted : Tue. Sep 23, 2025 8:30 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 1007
Rep Pts: 3884
 

Posted by: @gator
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

The Whioux are going to play in Belfast in 2027 over Thanksgiving weekend with BADgers, QU, and Northeastern. They better stock up on beer with 2 of those fan bases. 

 

 

 

wisconSIN hockey fans don’t travel. They might get a handful of more fans cause the BADgers play at Minnesota in football that weekend. Plus it’s Belfast, not Sioux Falls, SD… Hawks fans in Ireland with no Mich Golden or Budweiser, they won’t know what to drink.

 

Wisconsin hockey fans exist? Interesting…

 


 
Posted : Fri. Sep 26, 2025 3:16 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1972747686064615839

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/1972747203711234183

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Mon. Sep 29, 2025 2:46 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

From the looks of it not a ton of change


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 29, 2025 4:38 pm



Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

From the looks of it not a ton of change

I'd be curious how different the past few NCAA fields would look when using the old vs the new methodology. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Sep 29, 2025 5:00 pm
Driftryder reacted
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

 Strange that Slaggert is leaving in a month into the season.

https://twitter.com/NDHockey/status/1973459214233379067


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Wed. Oct 1, 2025 3:01 pm
JWG
 JWG
(@jwg)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 789
Rep Pts: 1749
Post on old board: 8686
 

Speaking of the Frozen Four, today was the first priority ticket window and what a cluster.  Ticketing is moving back to Axs from Ticketmaster (Axs last managed the 2020 tournament I believe, maybe 2021).

Axs has some wicked strong ticket scamming protection that made logging into the NCAA site nearly impossible.  At one point, I was logged in to their site via my iPad using my iPhone as a hotspot because while my iPad has cellular, it's through work and IP address' VPN suggested to Axs I was a bot.  The regular Wifi (because I'm at work at 11a middle of the week) also obviously has a VPN and they thought I was a bot.

Ultimately, when my iPad refreshed at 11am, it wouldn't let me in (again thinking I was a bot).  Somehow I was able to log in via my iPhone on cellular.  Trying to pick individual seats from a seat map on a mobile phone is something.

I guess I should be glad I could get in at all, up until today you couldn't even log into the NCAA Axs site at all.

Oh, and even though we were the first group, there were no available seats between the blue lines in the lower bowl.  

 


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 1, 2025 3:18 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @jwg
↑

Speaking of the Frozen Four, today was the first priority ticket window and what a cluster.  Ticketing is moving back to Axs from Ticketmaster (Axs last managed the 2020 tournament I believe, maybe 2021).

Axs has some wicked strong ticket scamming protection that made logging into the NCAA site nearly impossible.  At one point, I was logged in to their site via my iPad using my iPhone as a hotspot because while my iPad has cellular, it's through work and IP address' VPN suggested to Axs I was a bot.  The regular Wifi (because I'm at work at 11a middle of the week) also obviously has a VPN and they thought I was a bot.

Ultimately, when my iPad refreshed at 11am, it wouldn't let me in (again thinking I was a bot).  Somehow I was able to log in via my iPhone on cellular.  Trying to pick individual seats from a seat map on a mobile phone is something.

I guess I should be glad I could get in at all, up until today you couldn't even log into the NCAA Axs site at all.

Oh, and even though we were the first group, there were no available seats between the blue lines in the lower bowl.  

 

this does not sound encouraging for tickets. Our group is later and I’d envision this one will sell given the location and people choosing to hold tickets or go anyway if they don’t make it moreso than say St. Louis 

 


 
Posted : Wed. Oct 1, 2025 5:38 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Penn State needs to wake up here. Need all the NPI karma the league can get. B10 teams are gonna beat each other up this year.


 
Posted : Fri. Oct 3, 2025 10:42 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Let’s go Penn State. Help the Big 10. Tied 3-3 on NHL network. 


 
Posted : Fri. Oct 3, 2025 11:10 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

I get rooting for Big Ten teams in non conference games but with how well Penn State is recruiting they are a huge threat and IMO they are becoming a team Gophers fans are going to dislike especially since they have 9 Canadians. 

Penn State up 4-3 11 minutes left in the 3rd period.


 
Posted : Fri. Oct 3, 2025 11:22 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 1007
Rep Pts: 3884
 

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict
↑

I get rooting for Big Ten teams in non conference games but with how well Penn State is recruiting they are a huge threat and IMO they are becoming a team Gophers fans are going to dislike especially since they have 9 Canadians. 

Penn State up 4-3 11 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Gophs failing in 2018 to force even one OT game vs. PSU, out of four straight, w/ a tourney bid on the line, wasn’t enough to make all Gopher puck fans hate Penn State? Mostly kidding- it’s always been hard for me to resent PSU that much when they generally keep it clean even in blowout Gopher Ws, which is more than Wisco or Michigan can say. (I do think it’d be hilarious if McKenna bails for CHL or something at mid-season due to being fed up and rootless in the college game.)

Earlier tonight a casual acquaintance of mine (Michigan alum) was bragging about Hage’s 5 point game. Against Mercyhurst, in an 11-1 W. Nearly used some very not nice words on him, instead I smiled and nodded. They really are everything that Minnesota fans get stereotyped as.

 


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 4, 2025 2:40 am
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

I’ll gladly root for every Big 10 team in non-conference play. Let’s stack that interconference record.


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 4, 2025 7:18 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

I’ll gladly root for every Big 10 team in non-conference play. Let’s stack that interconference record.

I guess I fall in the other camp. I believe if the Gophers take care of their own business, they will be fine. If they need help to make the tourney, it's on them. Watching our rivals lose brings me more joy than watching them win to help the conference. Penn St for me has been near the top of my B1G rival list for years, and to hear non stop McKenna stuff will only move them up more. Plus, I think their coach is a bit smug. 

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Sat. Oct 4, 2025 7:36 am
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

@frozen4champs 

Yep… I’ll never cheer for a rival… screw them. If we have to rely on rival, then we didn’t do our job.

When it comes to college hockey, if it comes to... The Gophers vs the world and I’m 110% fine with that.


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 4, 2025 9:03 am
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7627
Rep Pts: 12594
Post on old board: 35040
 

I will root for anyone, IF it helps the Gophers. If that makes me a "hockey whore," so be it. Smile


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sat. Oct 4, 2025 9:07 am



Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

A bubble team doesn't make the tournament in a year in which when their conference is garbage overall and I'd rather the Gophers make the tournament in a year like then not at all. Some of you have seem to have forgotten how much pride fans took when the WCHA was the dominant conference.

The Gophers can still "take care of their own business" regardless.  


 
Posted : Sat. Oct 4, 2025 9:40 am
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

Gophers move down this week

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/


Aloha!

 
Posted : Mon. Oct 6, 2025 12:00 pm
Page 4 / 22

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad