Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1241
Post on old board: 6912

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

LOL...CP can sure pick Stanley Cup contenders!

Bladepuller
(@bladepuller)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 374

Blatant grab for another Cup for The Worm. I totally get it.

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

Bladepuller wrote:

Blatant grab for another Cup for The Worm. I totally get it.

⚡️Lost their entire 3rd line, the Grind Line...which started every period in the SC playoffs past 2 years...one to Rangers, one to Flames, one to Kraken...all got PAID with LT contracts. But TB will contend for a 3 peat no doubt! And their GM is THE master SALARY CAP manipulator (trading Tyler Johnson & his $5mil cap hit for Brent Seabrook who is on LTIR Ccntract & accordingly getting 6.875 in over the CAP (exception) relief☝️

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12643
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Evander Kane is being accused of betting on NHL games. The NHL is now investigating.

[media] https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1421600799709437952 [/media]

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5210

His wife says he's bet on Sharks games. Guys, don't treat your wife badly seriously. Mr. Green

Zwak
 Zwak
(@zwak)
Broten Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 2394
Post on old board: 11850

Karlsson wrote:

His wife says he's bet on Sharks games. Guys, don't treat your wife badly seriously. Mr. Green

It’s going to get ugly

https://detroitsportsnation.com/evander-kanes-wife-calls-him-out-for-throwing-own-games/wgbrady/nhl/07/31/2021/254858/

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1243
Post on old board: 5547

NHL to allow players to play in 2022 Winter Olympics

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/32139847/sources-agreement-reached-nhl-players-participate-2022-olympics-beijing

Aloha!

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Sabres pull the captainancy from Eichel. This situation is about to get more interesting...

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

frozen4champs wrote:

Sabres pull the captainancy from Eichel. This situation is about to get more interesting...

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32262693/buffalo-sabres-center-jack-eichel-fails-physical-stripped-captaincy

Aloha!

ddillon22
(@ddillon22)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 196

Do we know why hockey is the only sport it matters who is captain? Doesn't seem to matter one bit in any other sport but apparently is newsworthy in hockey.

ScoobyDoo
(@scoobydoo)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 112
Post on old board: 14815

ddillon22 wrote:

Do we know why hockey is the only sport it matters who is captain? Doesn't seem to matter one bit in any other sport but apparently is newsworthy in hockey.

Captains in hockey have more responsibilities than other sports from what I can see.

gopherguy13
(@gopherguy13)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 943
Post on old board: 20929

Well, 2 of the 4 major sports just straight up don't even have captains, right? Baseball and basketball? And in the NFL they have a bunch of different captains on different units of the team. So I think with hockey it's much more of a distinctive honor than it is in football, and thus, newsworthy when it gets taken away.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3961
Post on old board: 12555

ddillon22 wrote:

No fans should give 2 poops outside of it may show some internal friction in cases like this.

For some teams the C is a hop on my back type leader (Grant Potulny), others it is experience and respect (Koivu), and on others it is top talent. None of this really should matter to fans. But boy do hockey fans seem to have opinions about it.

I have no idea who are the Vikings captains, nor do I care.

ScoobyDoo
(@scoobydoo)
Lucia Level Golden

Quote:
What is the Role of a Captain in Hockey? The main role of a captain is to speak to the referees when they call penalties, or for interpretations of rules. Then they carry those messages to the bench for the coaches to hear—the captain of the team is the only player allowed to do this.

https://www.purehockey.com/c/what-do-the-a-and-the-c-stand-for-on-hockey-jerseys

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
(@sec-16-row16-seat-16-17)
Lucia Level

lets hear your stanley cup pick i have the lanche against the panthers

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3961
Post on old board: 12555

ScoobyDoo wrote:

Quote:
What is the Role of a Captain in Hockey? The main role of a captain is to speak to the referees when they call penalties, or for interpretations of rules. Then they carry those messages to the bench for the coaches to hear—the captain of the team is the only player allowed to do this.

https://www.purehockey.com/c/what-do-the-a-and-the-c-stand-for-on-hockey-jerseysbr >

They should also be the leaders in the locker room.

A friend of mine who has worked at the X during Wild games since the beginning and knows a lot of the behind the scenes people told me one of the captains, Mikko I believe, once casually asked a valet driver if everyone everyone had been good to him and were good tippers. He then addressed those who were not tipping and told them to go make up for it.

Golden FE Ranger
(@golden-fe-ranger)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 454

It sounds like the NHL will be emphasizing the cross checking penalty this season. I have been hoping this would happen for a long time and can’t believe it has taken so long; in fact I went on a rant a few years ago on here regarding this. For all the effort that has gone into adding offense, making the D play somewhat honest in front of the net is a simple solution. It is too easy to cover someone if all it takes is turning them inside-out the second before the puck arrives. I also think it is will have a significant impact on player safety. All this assumes it actually changes and stays. I don’t have high hopes but it is easy enough to see/call.

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

I don't believe it for one second. We'll see an uptick in calls for the first few weeks, then it will go right back to normal. Forget about it in the postseason.

Golden FE Ranger
(@golden-fe-ranger)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 454

Karlsson wrote:

I don't believe it for one second. We'll see an uptick in calls for the first few weeks, then it will go right back to normal. Forget about it in the postseason.

I tend to agree.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

NHL Linesman taken off on stretcher after colliding with player after national anthem

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32346484/los-angeles-kings-quinton-byfield-injured-linesman-ryan-gibbons-stretchered-preseason-game

Aloha!

Zwak
 Zwak
(@zwak)
Broten Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 2394
Post on old board: 11850

Which NHL GM is in the worst spot.

1. Sabres dealing with Eichel situation

2. Sharks dealing with Evander Kane situation

uofm86
(@uofm86)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 56

I'll go with Wilson in San Jose. Buffalo can still trade Eichel and get an expected decent return, but who would trade for Kane at this point.

Thirty-Four
(@thirty-four)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 182
Post on old board: 7524

Zwak wrote:

Which NHL GM is in the worst spot.

1. Sabres dealing with Eichel situation

2. Sharks dealing with Evander Kane situation

I’d say Buffalo’s GM. He has to win the trade of his best player and Buffalo isn’t afraid to fire anyone. Wilson has a chance to get out of a contract he likely regrets and he’s seemingly GM for life in San Jose no matter what moves he makes.

uofm86
(@uofm86)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 56

I was only looking at it from a trade perspective, Had not really thought about Wilson in San Jose being able to possibly terminate Kane's contract, that would be the possible outcome for the Sharks.

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Won't be cheering for the Avalanche, but it is nice to see Ranta making a good impression and being rewarded for it.

https://twitter.com/mikechambers/status/1446548640848179200?s=21

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10644
Post on old board: 21741

Not sure about ya’ll but I’ve already lost that Kraken feeling.

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Ryan Donato will be the answer to a future trivia question. First Kraken goal.

MATT
 MATT
(@matt)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 223

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

Kenny Albert & Eddie Olychuk on TNT will be a better announcing team than ESPN ran out last night. I wasn’t fond of Will McDonoughs sons play by play call. Hopefully I’ll adjust to it, but thought his call & tone fell really flat. Also I thought ESPN overdid some of the alternative camera angles…I don’t like camera shots that are significantly smaller images than the normal center ice angle.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

[media] https://twitter.com/TheHockeyNews/status/1448440520880107522 [/media]

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Do we tell Chicago the season has started?

streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2623
Post on old board: 15478

frozen4champs wrote:

That was pretty funny and probably the only time in Wayne's career his teammates didn't rush in to protect him. Broten didn't want to go and even laid off him.

Is this Gretzky's only NHL fight?

JC65
 JC65
(@jc65)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 178

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

He's such a tool. Even more evidenced by how much Colorado fans love him.

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

Was Landeskog ejected ? If not, what do you need to do to get ejected in the NHL?

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

bearpaw28 wrote:

Was Landeskog ejected ? If not, what do you need to do to get ejected in the NHL?

2 for boarding, 2 for roughing. He went straight to the locker room because there was less than 4 minutes left.

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

Karlsson wrote:

bearpaw28 wrote:

2 for boarding, 2 for roughing. He went straight to the locker room because there was less than 4 minutes left.

That’s absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunately this likely won’t change the rules (or the referee calling the rules properly) until an NHL player is injured similar to Jack Jablonski. And even if that happens, it may not change. Just sad.

ScoobyDoo
(@scoobydoo)
Lucia Level Golden

Reminds me of the hit that ended Ballard's career.

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1759

He will have a hearing for that hit according to player safety Twitter.

https://twitter.com/nhlplayersafety/status/1448673005744295943?s=21

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

ScoobyDoo
(@scoobydoo)
Lucia Level Golden

Since that department is a joke, I am sure the fine/suspension will be a joke.

And, I was right. 2 Games for trying to destroy a mans skull.

trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2139
Post on old board: 15139

Player safety is such a joke in this league and as much as I enjoy playoff hockey it’s always tainted by horrific reffing.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Larkin gets a match penalty after this sequence.

[media] https://twitter.com/BallySportsDET/status/1448817294717632512 [/media]

Bonin21
(@bonin21)
Leopold Level
Rep Pts: 1537
Post on old board: 17892

Cole Sillinger went straight from the USHL (non NTDP) to the Show. Not sure that has ever happened before or at least in 20+ years.

JC65
 JC65
(@jc65)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 178

Landeskog got a 2 game suspension. Honestly I'm impressed, in my mind that's about right.

https://www.nhl.com/video/landeskog-suspended-for-boarding/t-277440360/c-9151155

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4696
Post on old board: 10695

I'd say 5 games, but at least they suspended him.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ScoobyDoo
(@scoobydoo)
Lucia Level Golden

JC65 wrote:

Landeskog got a 2 game suspension. Honestly I'm impressed, in my mind that's about right.

https://www.nhl.com/video/landeskog-suspended-for-boarding/t-277440360/c-9151155br >

For trying to crush a mans skull?

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level

ScoobyDoo wrote:

JC65 wrote:

https://www.nhl.com/video/landeskog-suspended-for-boarding/t-277440360/c-9151155br >

For trying to crush a mans skull?

At least he was suspended. Baby steps…?

YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1759

JC65 wrote:

I agree. Wouldn’t have been upset with 5. Assumed he’d get a fine so I was pleasantly surprised, because they generally don’t give suspensions unless the player is injured (which I don’t agree with). But ?‍♂️

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7113
Post on old board: 18942

Honestly if feels like hits like that in the past got away with 1 game or no suspension at all. This is hopefully a step in the right direction. However as dx somewhat noted earlier if they don't do the same in the playoffs we will still feel dirty again.

Page 2 / 21