[Closed] NHL 2021-22 Season

1,022 Posts
60 Users
0 Likes
Border Gopher
(@border-gopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 422

French kissing by prospects' parents. Only in Quebec.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3977
Post on old board: 9428

J22 wrote...
Bigbeer wrote…
trixR4kids wrote…
Bigbeer wrote…

Don’t understand why you would trade DeBrincat. If you’re rebuilding he should be part of your core, he’s 24. Trade Kane for younger players if you want to rebuild, he’s 9 years older.

You’ll get a way better package for Debrincat because of his age and term. They could still trade Kane before deadline too.

DeBrincat will be a top 5 scorer in the league for the next 10 years.

no chance

Sorry I typed that out too fast on my way out the door. I meant he will be a top 5 scorer on whatever team he’s on for the next 10 years. He’s a great passer and scorer. He’s a lock top 6 forward for his whole career.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden

I think my daughter went to middle school with Isaac Howard who just got picked 31st by Tampa.

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden

Bigbeer wrote...

I think my daughter went to middle school with Isaac Howard who just got picked 31st by Tampa.

Great interview: Tampa has been to 3 straight Cup finals why do you think they’re so good? “They make the best picks and they just got the steal of the draft”

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5653
Post on old board: 16243

Border Gopher wrote...

French kissing by prospects’ parents. Only in Quebec.

My wife said... "Does the dad/husband have a hickey on his neck?"... LoL!!!

https://twitter.com/sluggahjells/status/1545241100251709440?s=20&t=mF9JBe7BSBjzxR9oU2C_fw

Keep your stick on the ice...

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5653
Post on old board: 16243

Bigbeer wrote...
Great interview: Tampa has been to 3 straight Cup finals why do you think they’re so good? “They make the best picks and they just got the steal of the draft”

The cockiness last night was top notch. From video clip interviews to the post being draft interviews... LoL!!!

Keep your stick on the ice...

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1212
Post on old board: 6912

gator wrote...
Border Gopher wrote…

French kissing by prospects’ parents. Only in Quebec.

My wife said… “Does the dad/husband have a hickey on his neck?”… LoL!!!

Maveric Lamoureux’s parents were giving the full level love effect for their som being drafted, to get a reaction out of @KevinWeekes @Buccigross & @MeghanChayka tonight. ?#NHLDraft pic.twitter.com/g3bu8tgJpb— Andrew Jerell Jones, Luke 1:37 (IG:twdbk3) (@sluggahjells) July 8, 2022

Hopefully Mav ‘s stick is as active as his Moms tongue :whistle:

HockeyBum
(@hockeybum)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 533

Bigbeer wrote...

His mom did daycare for my kids when we used to live in Hudson (2008-2009).  Great family.  Isaac was only about 4 or 5 at the time.  I remember their 4 boys were always on the driveway shooting pucks.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12573
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

I just noticed that Krissy Wendell Pohl is sitting at the Pens table as a scout and I'm sure she had input on their selection of Zam Plante.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

midevil bowievil
(@midevil-bowievil)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

I don't know about that, what Krissy would know. Pens could have just called Matt Cullen. He'd know more about Max and Zam.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

I don’t know about that, what Krissy would know. Pens could have just called Matt Cullen. He’d know more about Max and Zam.

Well,  she is the Pens scout for Minnesota...

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

midevil bowievil
(@midevil-bowievil)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 261

Well there's that. !!!

Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1297

If anyone thinks it's easy to operate when you're up against the cap, then they're denying reality. I'm actually kind of surprised that the Wild were able to move Tabot shedding $2.879M in salary for Gustafsson without having to sweeten the pot with pick/prospects or retain any salary. Also the Fiala deal looks pretty good getting a prospect and 1st rd pick considering it's basically the equivalent of shedding $7.875M in cap space. I know LA is getting a good player back, but the number of teams that can take on that kind of contract is pretty small.

Some of the other salary cap focused trades that have happened.

The Golden Knights cleared $7.762M by giving away Max Pacioretty and Dylan Coghlan to Carolina.

The Senators cleared $4.687M by including a 3rd and 7th round pick in the Matt Murray trade to Toronto.

The Oilers cleared $3.2M by moving back in the first round and including a 3rd and 2nd in the Zack Kassian trade to Arizona.

The Leafs cleared $3.8M by moving back from No. 25 ovr to No. 38 in the Petr Mrazek trade to Chicago.

The Lightning cleared $4.2M giving away Ryan McDonagh for Philippe Myers/Grant Mismash with Nashville.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

But I was told by some that it is all Bill Guerin's fault, unless he has brothers that are GM's of those teams listed above. :unsure:

Tampa and Vegas will continue to have to make some hard decisions in the next few years. Luckily for Tampa, they have a couple of rings to justify it.

J22
 J22
(@j22)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1962
Post on old board: 5631

Those teams were paying (small prices) to move bad players on bad contracts. Guerin gave away one of the best players to ever play for the organization. At the age of 25.  Not really sure how you can even think it's comparable?

Thirty-Four
(@thirty-four)
Lucia Level Golden
Rep Pts: 182
Post on old board: 7524

J22 wrote...

Those teams were paying (small prices) to move bad players on bad contracts. Guerin gave away one of the best players to ever play for the organization. At the age of 25.  Not really sure how you can even think it’s comparable?

We’ll see how much love for the guy there is when they miss the playoffs this coming season. He’s basically getting credit here for what the socially inept, but roster astute Fenton did. ?

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1212
Post on old board: 6912

Thirty-Four wrote...
J22 wrote…

Those teams were paying (small prices) to move bad players on bad contracts. Guerin gave away one of the best players to ever play for the organization. At the age of 25.  Not really sure how you can even think it’s comparable?

We’ll see how much love for the guy there is when they miss the playoffs this coming season. He’s basically getting credit here for what the socially inept, but roster astute Fenton did. ?

Huh? Fenton made (count um) ONE good trade, Fiala for Granland…which Guerin converted to Faber & the 19 pick (the Swede) for Fiala. :wacko: The Coyle & Nino trades haven’t exactly aged well…

team2tank
(@team2tank)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 162

bearpaw28 wrote...
Thirty-Four wrote…
J22 wrote…

Huh? Fenton made (count um) ONE good trade, Fiala for Granland…which Guerin converted to Faber & the 19 pick (the Swede) for Fiala. :wacko: The Coyle & Nino trades haven’t exactly aged well…

Hartman, Zuccarello, Boldy, pretty important pieces. Also, they got a 3rd round pick for Donato & Coyle is on a 5 mil/yr contract that takes him into his mid 30s, ick.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3944
Post on old board: 12555

https://www.sportsnet.ca/juniors/hockey-canada-reveals-learning-about-alleged-2003-sexual-assault-involving-world-junior-team/sn-amp/

This could blow up.  Sexual assault claims against multiple unnamed players from both 2003 and 2018 Hockey Canada World Junior teams.  Now hockey Canada is asking for anyone, past or present, who feels they have been a victim of sexual violence, harassment, or abuse from their organization to come forward.

There is allegedly a video of multiple players from the 2003 team taking turns on an unconscious woman.

Marc Andre Fluery was on the 2003 team. I am sure all of the players on that team will have to explain where they were that night.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/1550681702816575488

D2D
 D2D
(@d2d)
Wooger Level Golden
Rep Pts: 476

Nice to see Jake getting off to a hot start in Da Beauty League.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/7927866-jake-guentzel-leads-nhl-stars-lighting-up-da-beauty-league-this-season

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Kadri signs with Calgary for 7 x $7 million per year. To make room, Flames trade Monahan to Montreal.

Page 21 / 21