ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3935
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @slap-shot

Why? Ugh.

Because he's better than Mattison and people say he's a good blocker.  If they can get him at a good price, why not?  This makes more sense than spending a 1st round draft pick on another WR.

Sounds like free agency has been humbling for Dalvin.

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4599
Post on old board: 28736

Yeah Dalvin probably thought Miami was going to give him a deal and it didn't happen.  The RB just isn't a high priority in the NFL right now.  I would rather have him as the every down back than Mattison.  The price needs to be right though.

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7037
Post on old board: 18942

Posted by: @bertogliat

Why? Ugh.

Because he's better than Mattison and people say he's a good blocker.  If they can get him at a good price, why not?  This makes more sense than spending a 1st round draft pick on another WR.

He is better than Mattison but to me "lucrative deal" doesn't equate to a good price.  Especially for a position that is more easily replaced than just about any other on the offense, and the fact this is a team that still needs more talent on the defensive side.  If it does turn out to be a good price then fine. 

Don't they already have to take a 5.1m dead cap hit on him?  And they'd reportedly offer him $7m to come back on top of it?  My guess is it's a fake leak to gain leverage elsewhere. 

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Why? Ugh.

He is better than Mattison but to me "lucrative deal" doesn't equate to a good price.  Especially for a position that is more easily replaced than just about any other on the offense, and the fact this is a team that still needs more talent on the defensive side.  If it does turn out to be a good price then fine. 

Don't they already have to take a 5.1m dead cap hit on him?  And they'd reportedly offer him $7m to come back on top of it?  My guess is it's a fake leak to gain leverage elsewhere. 

If they resign him, would it be dead cap hit?

ReplyQuote
gopher hockey fan 7
(@gopherhockeyfan7)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 155

Well if they re-sign him to $7m, there'd still be the extra $5m of dead cap, meaning we'd be paying him $12m essentially. Only $2m less than he would've had originally.

So I agree with this is the Agent trying to up other offers.

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @gopherhockeyfan7

Well if they re-sign him to $7m, there'd still be the extra $5m of dead cap, meaning we'd be paying him $12m essentially. Only $2m less than he would've had originally.

So I agree with this is the Agent trying to up other offers.

if that’s the case it sounds like it would be dumb for the Vikings to go this route….so I expect the announcement on the signing tomorrow.

gopher6 reacted
ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1234
Post on old board: 5547

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Man I wish those were coming back for good.  Better than nothing I guess.

gopher6 reacted
ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

So with the Throw back uniforms will they keep the same helmets or go back to what they used to have?

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7688
Post on old board: 35040

Posted by: @gopher6

So with the Throw back uniforms will they keep the same helmets or go back to what they used to have?

There was some NFL rule or something that limits the helmets, so I'm not sure if they'd be able to use the retro paint job, etc 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

ReplyQuote

Chris83
(@chris83)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1235
Post on old board: 5215

The helmet sucks, but the jerseys are fantastic. This was the home purple from 1961-1969. The way jerseys are made nowadays the stripes aren't as nice as the originals, but they'll do.

Screenshot 2023 07 18 6.32.52 PM

ReplyQuote
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1733

This is so long overdue 

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

ReplyQuote
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Leopold Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1733

Posted by: @the-rube

There was some NFL rule or something that limits the helmets, so I'm not sure if they'd be able to use the retro paint job, etc 

I think that rule is no longer enforced. The Browns just released a new alternate uniform with white helmets and I think the Pat Patriot white helmet with red uniforms came back last year against Buffalo.  

'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4422

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Not shocked one bit after seeing that ridiculous suit he wore at the draft.  That is some really terrible decision making.  And who buys Urus?  Well, at least the Vikings know they should resign JJ rather than trade him.

Pay that man his money...

ReplyQuote
Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2002

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1682091181314809858?s=20

Is Adrian Peterson his mentor?

ReplyQuote
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10550
Post on old board: 21741

Posted by: @norm

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1682091181314809858?s=20

Is Adrian Peterson his mentor?

There were six kids in the car? ?

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hammy and Bertogliat reacted
ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

@greyeagle You better switch your attitude right around!

Greyeagle reacted
ReplyQuote
fightclub30
(@fightclub30)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 991

When I was a dumb@$$ 17 year old, I got my license revoked for 90 days for going 104 in a 65 zone at 1:30am.    

I am curious if he lost his license or got special athlete/celebrity treatment.

Jupiter ♃ reacted
ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @fightclub30

When I was a dumb@$$ 17 year old, I got my license revoked for 90 days for going 104 in a 65 zone at 1:30am.    

I am curious if he lost his license or got special athlete/celebrity treatment.

As my kids approach driving age I talk to other parents who's kids are now driving and it sounds like there are special rules for new drivers that don't apply to adults.  Is it possible your license was suspended because you were not yet 18?  Or maybe they upgraded the charge because there were other cars nearby, making it more reckless?

I was somehow able to get my 1985 Cougar with a 6 cylinder engine to 112, but I made sure I was on a spot of highway where I couldn't be caught.  Also dumb.  Shocked that car didn't disintegrate.

As for "Pay Day" Addison, This kid just seems to be on some high level of "me" and I don't see him putting the team first ever.  I hope I am wrong.

ReplyQuote
HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4599
Post on old board: 28736

Not every player has to be a team first person.  WRs are well known not to be a lot of the time.  I think that is something that is completely overblown and often used by fans as a reason to not like a specific player.  What players present publicly does not always equate to who they are behind closed doors whether they are me first guys or down to earth guys.

ReplyQuote
fightclub30
(@fightclub30)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 991

Posted by: @handyman

Not every player has to be a team first person.  WRs are well known not to be a lot of the time.  I think that is something that is completely overblown and often used by fans as a reason to not like a specific player.  What players present publicly does not always equate to who they are behind closed doors whether they are me first guys or down to earth guys.

I honestly couldn't care less what NFL/Vikings punishment he receives.  As my job probably wouldn't punish me as long as I could still get to work and do my job.  (I am also a casual Vikings fan at best and don't really have a vested interest in the team)

I just hope he gets the same punishment that every other person would get for going 140 mph in a 55 zone.  I hope he has to catch a ride to and from practice everyday from a coach/teammate/Uber/friend whatever for a few months.

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7559

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12570
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/SKORNorth/status/1685638959857065985

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

Vikings Throwback uniforms should be their regular home uniforms 

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Not sure how they have enough cap room left to shore up the weak spots.  With strong receivers I don’t know the Vikes needed to also have the highest paid TE in the league.

Feels like a bad move with JJ and Cousins needing to be resigned and a terrible defense that isn’t winning any playoff games.

ReplyQuote
Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3977
Post on old board: 9428

Not sure how they have enough cap room left to shore up the weak spots.  With strong receivers I don’t know the Vikes needed to also have the highest paid TE in the league.

Feels like a bad move with JJ and Cousins needing to be resigned and a terrible defense that isn’t winning any playoff games.

Dropenson is OK but that’s way too much for a TE who isn’t Travis Kelce 

ReplyQuote
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @bigbeer

Dropenson is OK but that’s way too much for a TE who isn’t Travis Kelce 

I also feel like he dropped a lot of important passes last year but his stats shakes out decent.  He doesn’t have that Kelce or Tony Gonzalez level of play

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7559

Jordan Addison first NFL catch is a 39 yard TD!!!!

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3367
Post on old board: 30840

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

Jordan Addison first NFL catch is a 39 yard TD!!!!

Technically second catch 😉 he caught one for 0 yards the previous drive.

ReplyQuote

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5170

Just make this setup the uniform again. Please.

ReplyQuote
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level

Cousin’s still sucks

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
Border Gopher
(@border-gopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 421

Cousin’s still sucks

Exactly what is wrong with your cousin's still?

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Vikings completely unable to run the ball today in their first game without Dalvin. 15 attempts for 40 yards through 3 quarters.

ReplyQuote
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5170

Woof. Ugly second half. Pathetic. 

ReplyQuote
Border Gopher
(@border-gopher)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 421

lol

There is always next season

ReplyQuote
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1212
Post on old board: 6912

And there’s your Dagger! Vikings staring at 0-2 unless they quickly remove their head from arse!

ReplyQuote

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3977
Post on old board: 9428

6-11 

ReplyQuote
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Cousin’s still sucks

Yeah, no kidding! He should be able to throw the ball within 2 seconds of a defensive guy being in his face. What a loser. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

gopherfun83 reacted
ReplyQuote
gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 745

Thank God for Gophers hockey Goldy  

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to sit their offensive starters during the pre-season.

gopherfun83 reacted
ReplyQuote
gopherfun83
(@gopherfun83)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 745

Not fair to blame Cousins IMHO. With that being said, if the Vikes are only winning 6 to 9 games this year. It would be nice to just tank for Caleb. 

ReplyQuote
streakygopher
(@streakygopher)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2610
Post on old board: 15478

Last year they were a .500 team that went 13-4. This year, they're a .500 team that will be lucky to be .500.

We don't know whose fault it was on the bungled snap, but we do know Cousins  didn't  take care of the football on the second turnover. They have a really tough schedule this year and needed to start 1-0 AT HOME against a Bucs' offense piloted by that elite QB Baker Mayfield.

The defense gave up only 20 points today, but both touchdowns were momentum grabbers. Vikings couldn't score at the end of the first half and was forced to punt, which led to a late Bucs' TD going into the locker room. Then the vaunted purple people eaters promptly  gave up another one to start the second half...14 points in a half quarter against a team that struggles on offense.

The table may be set for Detroit.

ReplyQuote
Beauner
(@beauner)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @streakygopher

Last year they were a .500 team that went 13-4. This year, they're a .500 team that will be lucky to be .500.

We don't know whose fault it was on the bungled snap, but we do know Cousins  didn't  take care of the football on the second turnover. They have a really tough schedule this year and needed to start 1-0 AT HOME against a Bucs' offense piloted by that elite QB Baker Mayfield.

The defense gave up only 20 points today, but both touchdowns were momentum grabbers. Vikings couldn't score at the end of the first half and was forced to punt, which led to a late Bucs' TD going into the locker room. Then the vaunted purple people eaters promptly  gave up another one to start the second half...14 points in a half quarter against a team that struggles on offense.

The bungled snap was punched out of Kirk's hands by RG Ed Ingram.

The Rube reacted
ReplyQuote

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @beauner

Posted by: @streakygopher

The bungled snap was punched out of Kirk's hands by RG Ed Ingram.

This. And that one INT was half on Kirk (threw behind receiver) and half on the receiver (he had his hands on the ball, the DB made a great play). I'd be SOMEWHAT surprised if Kirk made it through the season. He got his arse WHUPPED all game, due to poor O Line play. 

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 27