Goddamn should have only been 1 in a row!! 😡 😆
Sorry…too much of a hanging curveball to resist 😁
It's all good. I'm well aware the plucky outstate school with low resources and no history of winning 😉 is going to be favored over the west metro.
A 3-peat would be epic for a team that's been the bridesmaid so many times.
Quote: streaky gopherA 3-peat would be epic for a team that's been the bridesmaid so many times.
I don’t see Moorhead being the same threat in 26-27. No Joey, all the seniors who graduated, not the same type of threat, granted some darn good Bantams moving up, but not the same level stacked team from past two seasons
Thought this was interesting. I’m sure I’m one of the few here to remember the “back door” region, although the twin city back door is before my recollections.
https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/1366646
Quote: IceburgThought this was interesting. I’m sure I’m one of the few here to remember the “back door” region, although the twin city back door is before my recollections.
Remember it very well. Hibbing won State in '73 that way and then made it back again the next year as the last "back door" entrant.
Quote: IceburgThought this was interesting. I’m sure I’m one of the few here to remember the “back door” region, although the twin city back door is before my recollections.
Great story, thanks for posting.
My first tourney was 1975 so before my time but my dad remembers it well and (possibly - I can't remember for sure) going to some of the backdoor playoff games back in the day, sounds like those were tremendous games.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI for those with HS hockey tickets, look for an email from Grand Casino Arena with renewal information and note the due date in Oct 20. The vendor has changed from Ticketmaster to SeatGeek and for whatever reason (at least for me) it didn't work on the apps but was easy-peasy on my laptop.
“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”
― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am hearing a bill was passed, or soon will, beginning in 2027-2028 school year that would allow any kid who takes online classes for a school to play sports for that school and does not require students to move within the boundaries of the school.
So your kid who plays youth hockey in Woodbury could take online classes for Minnetonka and also play varsity hockey for Tonka.
Could be rumor. Trying to find sources.
Quote: BertogliatI am hearing a bill was passed, or soon will, beginning in 2027-2028 school year that would allow any kid who takes online classes for a school to play sports for that school and does not require students to move within the boundaries of the school.
So your kid who plays youth hockey in Woodbury could take online classes for Minnetonka and also play varsity hockey for Tonka.
Could be rumor. Trying to find sources.
https://www.mshsl.org/enrollment-and-eligibility-online-isd-eligibility



