High School Hockey ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


High School Hockey 2025-26

554 Posts
45 Users
233 Reactions
19.6 K Views
Goldy77
(@goldy77)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 458
Rep Pts: 1075
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

Posted by: @team2tank
↑

Rosemount goalie who flew the birds in the Section Final celebration will not start today (Sophmore).

Rosemount used two goalies for most the season with very similar stats. So this doesn’t appear to be a huge deal.

The goalie that will start today is a Senior. I would assume he stays in if he is playing well & the game is going their way.

He went a bit overboard, he’s a kid & made a mistake in an emotional moment. But those who thought he should have been suspended a game are misguided to put it mildly, and I suspect,  may also have loyalties to STA. That said, Rosemount coaches must be sending him a message not starting him today, when they did start him while facing elimination vs STA.

 

 

 

My understanding is the MSHSL suspended him. I know the same thing happened to Hibbing's top player, Cole Swanson. He flipped off the Cloquet student section final and sat out yesterday. Not saying I fully agree with it, but the MSHSL stepped in.

 

Thought I heard it was Rosemounts AD, either way doesn’t much matter.  Neither kid was available to help their team in the quarterfinals.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 3:19 pm
fightclub30
(@fightclub30)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 524
Rep Pts: 1506
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

Posted by: @team2tank
↑

Rosemount goalie who flew the birds in the Section Final celebration will not start today (Sophmore).

Rosemount used two goalies for most the season with very similar stats. So this doesn’t appear to be a huge deal.

The goalie that will start today is a Senior. I would assume he stays in if he is playing well & the game is going their way.

He went a bit overboard, he’s a kid & made a mistake in an emotional moment. But those who thought he should have been suspended a game are misguided to put it mildly, and I suspect,  may also have loyalties to STA. That said, Rosemount coaches must be sending him a message not starting him today, when they did start him while facing elimination vs STA.

 

 

 

My understanding is the MSHSL suspended him. I know the same thing happened to Hibbing's top player, Cole Swanson. He flipped off the Cloquet student section final and sat out yesterday. Not saying I fully agree with it, but the MSHSL stepped in.

 

 

Suspension for the Rosemount goalie came from Rosemount AD/Staff internally.  MSHSL did not suspend him.  I do not know the circumstances of the Hibbing player.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 3:35 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4540
Rep Pts: 11434
Post on old board: 18942
 

Sorry but the kid deserved to sit a game for that.

Go Skippers?

Steve which school? Also old school Lake here class of '86.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 4:11 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 949
Rep Pts: 3575
 

Rapids putting their foot on the gas here. Lots of sustained O-zone cycles, Rosemount being limited to the occasional one and done from the perimeter. You can really tell one squad has recent tourney experience.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 4:41 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

We got a game here!😁 coach pulls the goalie with just under a minute left and score 10 seconds later. Genius!!😁


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 4:58 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2253
Rep Pts: 6823
 

The "backup" goalie for Rosemount lets in a softy with 28 seconds left. Tie game. My guess is that if Rosemount wins, the suspended kid gets a chance. Who knows.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 4:58 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Defense got way too deep and allowed too good of a shot


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:11 pm
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 808
Rep Pts: 3269
 

Heck of a shot


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:11 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Rosemount 3-2 in ot 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:11 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
 

Rosemount wins in ot, has any under 500 team won a state championship?


Aloha!

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:12 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 949
Rep Pts: 3575
 

Posted by: @gopher6
↑

Rosemount wins in ot, has any under 500 team won a state championship?

Off the top of my head: I believe Wayzata in 2016 was either sub-.500 or 1-2 games over. They were back at state the next year too with like, fewer than 10 wins in the regular season.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:21 pm
Blue Bandit 24
(@bluebandit24)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1008
Rep Pts: 2893
 

2016 Wayzata was 22-8-1, so 16-8-1 before sections. 1993 Eveleth at 14-14 is the worst record I can find.

ETA: Wayzata was 10-17-1 the next year at state.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:27 pm



Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 949
Rep Pts: 3575
 

Posted by: @bluebandit24
↑

2016 Wayzata was 22-8-1, so 16-8-1 before sections. 1993 Eveleth at 14-14 is the worst record I can find.

yep I mixed up the years and records. It was 2017 Wayzata who made it to state with a 10-17-1 record. I remember Casey Mittelstadt dismantled them in a quarterfinal rematch

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:36 pm
Blue Bandit 24
(@bluebandit24)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1008
Rep Pts: 2893
 

Posted by: @walker-barely-know-her
↑

Posted by: @bluebandit24
↑

2016 Wayzata was 22-8-1, so 16-8-1 before sections. 1993 Eveleth at 14-14 is the worst record I can find.

yep I mixed up the years and records. It was 2017 Wayzata who made it to state with a 10-17-1 record. I remember Casey Mittelstadt dismantled them in a quarterfinal rematch

 

Yea I found their next season record later. Wayzata did have a 1-0 third period lead over EP in 2017...would have been a wild run.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 5:38 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3574
Rep Pts: 9479
 

Damn. Love me some Halloween machine. 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 6:14 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Plus another day of Michigan/Notre dame 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 6:25 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
Topic starter
 

I find it funny that Edina fans what’s that? are cheering for Lakeville South.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 8:57 pm
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 808
Rep Pts: 3269
 

Future Gopher* legend Joey Cullen just scored

 

 

 

*Source, I made it up


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 9:04 pm
Walker? I Barely Know Her
(@walker-barely-know-her)
Broten Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 949
Rep Pts: 3575
 

South put up a real good fight and should be proud. With some more puck luck they certainly could’ve pulled off an all-timer. Just couldn’t close the talent gap


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 9:24 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
Topic starter
 

Andover student section boo’ing the Edina cheerleaders… oh my!!!


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 9:52 pm
Young gopher diehard 2
(@younggopherdiehard2)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 424
Rep Pts: 1344
 

He’s pretty well known but McConnell is doing himself some favors with this 1st period. 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 10:20 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Edina moving on


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 5, 2026 11:59 pm
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 977
Rep Pts: 3001
Post on old board: 6069
 

Andover had two players get regular shifts who were listed at 5’6” and 135lbs. They seemed to hold their own too. Both were sophomores and I’m interested in what they look like as seniors in a few years. 

Edina felt like one line could score and that was it.  


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 12:57 am
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4540
Rep Pts: 11434
Post on old board: 18942
 

Cannot confirm...

https://twitter.com/jags68plus1/status/2029678684542509189?s=20


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 4:30 am



Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Cannot confirm...

https://twitter.com/jags68plus1/status/2029678684542509189?s=20

I know this is a joke, but I had to do some research. There actually is collegiate (bass) fishing. Apparently not NCAA sponsored though.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 9:03 am
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4781
Rep Pts: 13809
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @boats
↑

Did Xcel Energy sabotage the tourney by shutting off power? People are talking

image

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 9:16 am
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Hibbing 17 seconds in. Up 1-0 on the zephyrs 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 12:14 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4540
Rep Pts: 11434
Post on old board: 18942
 

Who is doing the color for the Mahtomedi - Hibbing game?

The Zephyrs have done everything but score in the offensive zone so far.


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 12:33 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4781
Rep Pts: 13809
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Who is doing the color for the Mahtomedi - Hibbing game?

The Zephyrs have done everything but score in the offensive zone so far.

Johnny Pohl

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 12:37 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4540
Rep Pts: 11434
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Who is doing the color for the Mahtomedi - Hibbing game?

The Zephyrs have done everything but score in the offensive zone so far.

Johnny Pohl

 

Duh for me. Now I place the voice.  

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 12:39 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

1-0 after 1. 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 12:39 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

I liked Gorg on Wednesday, Pohl does a solid job. Clymer yesterday though that’s different story. Assume he’s AA later.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 12:43 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Hibbing 2-0 from the Birds Eye camera view


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:00 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
 

Good crowd for a 11am face off 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:04 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

3 zephyrs in the slot one bluejacket left alone and took advantage.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:04 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4781
Rep Pts: 13809
Post on old board: 21741
 

I realize he's somewhat of an institution but there has to be a better in arena option than Dave Wright screaming into the mic.  Was so nice to have Jim Carroll do the evening games yesterday and I presume (hope) today.


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:07 pm



camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Posted by: @gopher6
↑

Good crowd for a 11am face off 

yeah they just showed the upper level looked like less empty seats up there than there was yesterday in the lower level.

 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:09 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

I realize he's somewhat of an institution but there has to be a better in arena option than Dave Wright screaming into the mic.  Was so nice to have Jim Carroll do the evening games yesterday and I presume (hope) today.

institution 😂

agree

 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:11 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

3-0

edit 3-1 13 seconds apart 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:20 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Still feels like this game will end up in overtime.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:25 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

3-1 after 2


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:28 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

If the Zephyrs get the next goal in the 3rd it’s on. 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:30 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Don’t mean to flood the topic,😁 I take half days vacation for this and have a job. Just sayin 😁🍻


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:34 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Zephyrs goalie playing lights out to keep this close


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:51 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @gopher6
↑

Good crowd for a 11am face off 

Personally that assigned seating works for A over GA, especially with these large crowds.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 1:54 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

4-2 final Hibbing moving on


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 2:17 pm
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 977
Rep Pts: 3001
Post on old board: 6069
 

Posted by: @gator
↑

Posted by: @gopher6
↑

Good crowd for a 11am face off 

Personally that assigned seating works for A over GA, especially with these large crowds.

 

Assigned seating is fine. They haven’t enforced it. No ushers no nothing. It’s kind of a free for all. 

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 2:44 pm
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2179
Rep Pts: 4035
Post on old board: 7833
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

I realize he's somewhat of an institution but there has to be a better in arena option than Dave Wright screaming into the mic.  Was so nice to have Jim Carroll do the evening games yesterday and I presume (hope) today.

Got to stand up for an old friend. That’s as much as I’ll say on the subject.

 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 2:54 pm



gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2160
Rep Pts: 3072
Post on old board: 5547
 

Delano 2 Warroad 0 late in the 1st, Warroad has scored more short handed goals this season then giving up power play goals


Aloha!

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 3:13 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1384
Rep Pts: 4104
 

Warroad open the 2nd with 3 goals in 3 minutes 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 6, 2026 3:43 pm
Page 8 / 12

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad