2026 Twins season
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2026 Twins season

190 Posts
26 Users
79 Reactions
5,360 Views
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy
↑

There’s players on the twins I support and show my appreciation for. It’s possible to not like ownership decisions but still love not only the players efforts and development during a season (kriedler) but home state mlb and the game in general. If that makes me part of any problem then I’ve caused a lot of chaos in this world. 😂 I think there’s a chance this ownership can still get it right and hope that for all twins fans. Whatever will be will be but yeah to single out a guy for supporting them is petty.

OK, but you’re not exactly 💯% unbiased on this (and I won’t elaborate further 😉) and thinking this particular version of ownership can still get it right…is where you lose me & many others. Hey, notice gopher6 hasn’t responded to any of this nonsense…maybe because this represents the most posts occurring in this TWINS thread in a good long time. lol

 

they probably won’t get it right but hope they can or sell to someone who will is all a fan can do anyway. I don’t post much on the twins because it seems like every time they look good and I would, then I jinx them and they slump. They have some young talent coming up and paid their 3rd round pitcher that’s out of highschool and throws 100 mph with a good curve to go to A ball a skip wake forest. (Just a small sample of minimal research)I think the varland dump off last year was an epic failed move that made zero sense. With that though it’s impressive to see the current players still playing the game the best they can and making plays, that’s still what it’s about for a lot of people.

 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 4:26 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

The Twins win tonight behind a 3 hit shutout. Kendry Rojas a 23 year old lefty from Cuba pitched the first 4 innings. He was part of the Louis Varland trade with Toronto last year.

Taj Bradley (25 years old) who was part of the Griffin Jax trade with Tampa Bay last year is having a good year as the Twins #2 starter behind #1 Joe Ryan (with Pablo Lopez being injured all season - Tommy John surgery).

The amount of trades made at the trade deadline last year was a VERY bad look and clearly a salary dump but some of the trades are working out. Not surprisingly when you make a bunch of trades some are going to work out and others don't.

 


 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 9:08 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

The sucky part is in the next few days both Joe Ryan and Ryan Jeffers might be traded.


 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 9:12 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

I’m ok with losing Jeffers because we have depth at catchers in the system but losing Ryan is a step backwards imo because pitching isn’t easy to find unless you’re willing to pay for it.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 9:29 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7626
Rep Pts: 12593
Post on old board: 35040
 

Jeffers is FA after this season, IIRC, so that's ok. Ryan....oooof. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 9:42 pm
Sunbone
(@sunbone)
Bonin Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 209
Rep Pts: 1034
Post on old board: 8761
 

Went to the game tonight and had a great time. Went with a buddy who I have been going to games with since the old Met. Got our powder blue Puckett jerseys, had a couple of beers and watched the Twins win. I know to DHG junior that makes me an enabler. But I’m not going to give up something I enjoy doing just to protest ownership. I really wish they would sell the team, but they could own the team for 20 more years. So I should never go to another game? Guess I don’t take sports seriously enough to do that. 


 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 9:44 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7626
Rep Pts: 12593
Post on old board: 35040
 

I go to a game maybe once every couple years, at best. I actually hate the no-cash rule, etc, so I have to run my card for EVERY transaction. Annoying. 

That being said, I'd rather have a grill-out and listen on the radio/have it on TV than give money to the team. Honestly, if I'm at the game or not, I'm paying about the same amount of attention to said game. It's background to me, as much as I enjoy the game of baseball. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 9:56 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2078
Rep Pts: 6308
Post on old board: 15139
 

I’m not a twins fan nor do I really care what they choose to do, I just get why some take a more principled stance because they’re tired of seeing the same shit over and over from a team with a bottom 10 payroll. I do think it’s more than just Twins ownership that’s the problem though, the league has no salary cap and refuses to do anything about it. The Pohlads are cheap but even if they were more like a mid level spender, the top spenders will still be spending nearly 2x as much. 


 
Posted : Sat. Jul 25, 2026 11:36 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7626
Rep Pts: 12593
Post on old board: 35040
 

Today's game was....bad. Watching Little League, IMO. A's suck, and they know it, and they play like it, and the Twins....well, they are the Twins. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sun. Jul 26, 2026 9:22 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

I’m not a twins fan nor do I really care what they choose to do, I just get why some take a more principled stance because they’re tired of seeing the same shit over and over from a team with a bottom 10 payroll. I do think it’s more than just Twins ownership that’s the problem though, the league has no salary cap and refuses to do anything about it. The Pohlads are cheap but even if they were more like a mid level spender, the top spenders will still be spending nearly 2x as much. 

When fans come on here and make posts like it’s still the summer of 1992 (regarding the state of the franchise & the actions of ownership) that causes me to occasionally BRISTLE. With that said, I’d attend a game if I received free tickets & I listen for an inning or two on the radio from time to time. BUT, after the trade deadline FIRE SALE last year…I concluded that ownership no longer took their role seriously. So I changed my tv package to exclude the Twins. And took the stance of refusing to pay even an additional PENNY into the Twins coffers…while these ASS CLOWN heirs of Carl own the team. Because collectively that’s the only alternative fans have to get their attention & prompt them to sell the team. END OF STORY (for me)

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 27, 2026 5:38 am
streaky gopher
(@streakygopher)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1528
Rep Pts: 4743
Post on old board: 15478
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

Posted by: @trixr4kids
↑

I’m not a twins fan nor do I really care what they choose to do, I just get why some take a more principled stance because they’re tired of seeing the same shit over and over from a team with a bottom 10 payroll. I do think it’s more than just Twins ownership that’s the problem though, the league has no salary cap and refuses to do anything about it. The Pohlads are cheap but even if they were more like a mid level spender, the top spenders will still be spending nearly 2x as much. 

When fans come on here and make posts like it’s still the summer of 1992 (regarding the state of the franchise & the actions of ownership) that causes me to occasionally BRISTLE. With that said, I’d attend a game if I received free tickets & I listen for an inning or two on the radio from time to time. BUT, after the trade deadline FIRE SALE last year…I concluded that ownership no longer took their role seriously. So I changed my tv package to exclude the Twins. And took the stance of refusing to pay even an additional PENNY into the Twins coffers…while these ASS CLOWN heirs of Carl own the team. Because collectively that’s the only alternative fans have to get their attention & prompt them to sell the team. END OF STORY (for me)

 

Apathy has settled in for many fans, myself included. I've been an ardent Twins' since I was a kid, trading cards with my friends while holding our little transistor radios to our ears. From '87 to '91 was the highlight of the fan experience, but the Twins haven't been a serious post-season contender ever since. 

I'll watch the youtube highlights once in a while to enjoy a momentary connection with baseball, but I won't pay to watch a farm team whose best players end up playing for teams who are actually serious about winning a pennant. It seems like the Twins' idea about offering its service to fans is to trot out players and teams who are good enough to provide some entertainment but not good enough to make a run. Well, if they aren't willing to go all-in on their team, why should fans?

Compare that to what the Wild is doing. There's a lot of moving parts, but at least the Wild appear serious about seizing on the opportunity to win when they have the players to do it.

 

 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 27, 2026 12:05 pm
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2078
Rep Pts: 6308
Post on old board: 15139
 

Agreed though like I said it's a lot easier to do in a league where everyone has the same cap. IDK what exactly Twins ownership profit margin is or how much more they could spend to stay profitable (especially if more people cared about the team because they're actually trying to compete) but it's hard to imagine they'd ever be up there with the Yankees or Dodgers. 

I've kinda stopped following baseball and that's part of it, you have this long season where the depth of your roster and pitching matters only to get to a playoff where the team that spends over 100 million on pitching alone has a massive advantage. It's why the A's could never beat the Tigers back in the day and the Brewers got swept by the Dodgers last year (despite having success vs them in the regular season). I also don't watch sports in general as much as I used to and summer is a good break from it but I can't even think of the last team a smaller or mid market won it, maybe KC like ten years ago (13th highest payroll). 


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 27, 2026 1:50 pm



streaky gopher
(@streakygopher)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1528
Rep Pts: 4743
Post on old board: 15478
 

Yes, the league's imbalance and its refusal to change it has left many (if not the majority) of its fans out in the cold. It's a serious problem they seem unwilling to fix.

The formula seems to be that as long as there's a team from a major population center in the World Series, the league has already won. The ironic thing is, for most fans located outside of majority markets, the best world series are the ones with a team that claws its way in, despite the long odds against it.

As long as the league has its thumb on the scale by allowing all-star teams, I have little interest in the sport.


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 27, 2026 2:07 pm
trixR4kids and Greyeagle reacted
trixR4kids
(@trixr4kids)
Brooks Level
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 2078
Rep Pts: 6308
Post on old board: 15139
 

It's funny too because all the stuff you see when you search MLB popularity talks about its growth in recent years yet attendance is still down from what it was ten years ago. You have to go back to the early 2000's to see lower average attendance when the country had 50 million less people. I realize attendance isn't the only way to measure this but that's probably not a good sign.


 
Posted : Mon. Jul 27, 2026 4:38 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
 

For those who care 😉 The Twins score twice in the bottom of the 9th to beat KC and get back to 500. They broke a 0-47 streak after trailing after the 8th inning.

Iron Man Buxton left the game again...


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Jul 28, 2026 9:20 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
 

For those who are still following the Twins... Kody Clemens hit a 2 out, walk off Grand Slam for a Twins 4-3 win. They had 3 total hits for the game, 2 in the 9th. Rally started with a 2 out HBP. 

Twins are back to 500. They are 1 game out of a wild card spot.

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/2082920857110823192


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Thu. Jul 30, 2026 3:11 pm
Cowgirl, Steve MN, camo coat guy and 1 people reacted
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

Two walk off wins in the last three days and Royce Lewis had a key hit in each of the 9th innings. He had the game winning two out two run triple on Tuesday and today he got a hit with two outs that kept the inning alive. 


 
Posted : Thu. Jul 30, 2026 3:44 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Love it!!🍻


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Thu. Jul 30, 2026 3:55 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3600
Rep Pts: 9712
 

Exactly the scenario you imagine in the backyard when you’re ten years old.


 
Posted : Thu. Jul 30, 2026 3:58 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Gotta be one fun locker room for them guys after this one! 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Thu. Jul 30, 2026 4:19 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @karlsson
↑

Exactly the scenario you imagine in the backyard when you’re ten years old.

Only change bring middle of the summer instead of game seven, but yeah, that's the scenario

 


 
Posted : Thu. Jul 30, 2026 5:55 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7626
Rep Pts: 12593
Post on old board: 35040
 

Maybe it's just me, but the Jack Morris '91 scenario, sorta. Strike the last guy out in (maybe) extra innings to win the ring. 

To paraphrase his quote to TK: Don't you f*ing dare. Grin


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Thu. Jul 30, 2026 9:44 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/49493680/sources-mets-deal-aj-minter-twins-ahead-trade-deadline


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Fri. Jul 31, 2026 4:50 am
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Twins win a good one in Seattle and add a starter for some depth. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/49502201/twins-acquiring-starter-dean-kremer-orioles-source-says


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Sat. Aug 1, 2026 4:34 am



College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

All the Twins do is win games/series and make trades to strength the team.😉 #NoStoppingUs

 


 
Posted : Sat. Aug 1, 2026 12:36 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

What a way to start your major league career!!!

https://twitter.com/TalkinTwins/status/2085888877718282303

https://twitter.com/TalkinTwins/status/2085895654065263056


 
Posted : Fri. Aug 7, 2026 8:09 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Hanging around, just beat the brewers (best team in baseball) 8-6 after being down 4-0 early.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Fri. Aug 7, 2026 9:38 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

Tied for 2nd place in the division with Cleveland (Twins ahead in the tiebreaker) 2 games behind the White Sox for the division lead. Detroit is one game behind the Twins/Cleveland.

The Twins are a half game behind Texas for a wild card spot.


 
Posted : Fri. Aug 7, 2026 10:00 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
 

Those "Wisco" jerseys were..ummm interesting. I would think Wisconsinites would consider that phrase like Minnesotans consider Minny. My wife, who is from Wisconsin, thought those were horrible. 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Sat. Aug 8, 2026 7:08 am
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Tough late inning loss tonight, keaschall doesn’t belong in center field, especially in a 3-3 tie in the bottom of the 8th. Frustrating 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Sat. Aug 8, 2026 9:07 pm
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Nice revenge game for new twins pitcher against his old team tonight. Dean Kremer

7 innings 1 hit 1 earned run 1 bb 7 k’s.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 10, 2026 9:13 pm
Greyeagle reacted
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

Brooks Lee with Grand slam today, Cody Clemens with HR today

 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Sun. Aug 16, 2026 2:10 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

@gopher6 So much for having a 5-0 lead! Philly 7 Twins 5 FINAL - 🧹 Duran closes out Twins


 
Posted : Sun. Aug 16, 2026 4:12 pm
gopher6
(@gopher6)
Broten Level
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 2200
Rep Pts: 3160
Post on old board: 5547
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

@gopher6 So much for having a 5-0 lead! Philly 7 Twins 5 FINAL - 🧹 Duran closes out Twins

yep the Twins are a terrible team swept at home by the Phillies next series is Atlanta

 


Aloha!

 
Posted : Sun. Aug 16, 2026 4:26 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

@gopher6 So much for having a 5-0 lead! Philly 7 Twins 5 FINAL - 🧹 Duran closes out Twins

I thought you didn't follow the Twins?

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Sun. Aug 16, 2026 4:28 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

@gopher6 Just TERRIBLE OWNERS! lol


 
Posted : Sun. Aug 16, 2026 5:09 pm



camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

@gopher6 So much for having a 5-0 lead! Philly 7 Twins 5 FINAL - 🧹 Duran closes out Twins

I thought you didn't follow the Twins?

 

Issues. They aren’t what they used to be in 87 or 91 so unless they win it or pay up to contend some fair weather fans jump. True love😂 gas isn’t a dollar a gallon anymore either and gopher hockey costs money to watch on tv, shit changed.

 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Sun. Aug 16, 2026 9:03 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7626
Rep Pts: 12593
Post on old board: 35040
 

I think what he is saying is either sh* or get off the toilet. Commit to one way or the other. 😉 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sun. Aug 16, 2026 9:34 pm
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

@gopher6 So much for having a 5-0 lead! Philly 7 Twins 5 FINAL - 🧹 Duran closes out Twins

I thought you didn't follow the Twins?

 

Issues. They aren’t what they used to be in 87 or 91 so unless they win it or pay up to contend some fair weather fans jump. True love😂 gas isn’t a dollar a gallon anymore either and gopher hockey costs money to watch on tv, shit changed.

 

 

image
image

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 17, 2026 6:35 am
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

Then what the F-cK are you talking another man? You live in a dream world (camo) when it comes to the Twins. Ownership has failed the fans…a blind man can see it a mile away. Dude…wake the hell up! 


 
Posted : Mon. Aug 17, 2026 6:46 am
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

Posted by: @bearpaw28
↑

Then what the F-cK are you talking another man? You live in a dream world (camo) when it comes to the Twins. Ownership has failed the fans…a blind man can see it a mile away. Dude…wake the hell up! 

oh I’m awake thank you.😁 times are tough right now but not everyone has chosen to bail as a fan like you. Rather than spend time whining and bitching about the ownership issue some people have been able to move on and enjoy the seasons for what they are. 

 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 17, 2026 9:58 am
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

@bearpaw28 for starters I don’t let the owners of any sport determine my level of commitment to a fan base. If I let things I can’t control control me then I’m setting myself up for a long life of disappointment. Take yesterday, Brooks Lee just misses a grand slam by being out in front of it a hair early, next pitch he adjusted and bam! Next pitch keaschall gets one at his head. If that doesn’t light a fire under your ass and get you wound up then yes, you’re not a fan of the twins much less the game of baseball. Maybe try leaving people on here alone that are, instead of always pissing down someone’s leg all the time when they wanna have fun with the topic.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Mon. Aug 17, 2026 11:53 am
mnrouser reacted
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy
↑

@bearpaw28 for starters I don’t let the owners of any sport determine my level of commitment to a fan base. If I let things I can’t control control me then I’m setting myself up for a long life of disappointment. Take yesterday, Brooks Lee just misses a grand slam by being out in front of it a hair early, next pitch he adjusted and bam! Next pitch keaschall gets one at his head. If that doesn’t light a fire under your ass and get you wound up then yes, you’re not a fan of the twins much less the game of baseball. Maybe try leaving people on here alone that are, instead of always pissing down someone’s leg all the time when they wanna have fun with the topic.

Nothing wrong with being a Twins fan if it gives you joy…to each their own. My comment - at least the 1st sentence (quoting a pretty notable line from MONEYBALL and posting the related pic from the movie) was meant in jest. But I do bristle a bit when called out as a fair weathered fan…and when doing that…you should expect some push back. The only thing that actually annoys me has nothing to do with you or any other poster on GPL. It’s that the Pohlad ownership group is laughing beheld everyone’s back (at the feeble effort they make) while fans still provide them with their hard earned $💵 bills. Nuff Said. 

 


 
Posted : Mon. Aug 17, 2026 7:24 pm
Sunbone
(@sunbone)
Bonin Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 209
Rep Pts: 1034
Post on old board: 8761
 

@bearpaw28 The thing for me is, we heard you the first thousand times you posted about the Pohlads. I think we all wish they would sell but you are seriously a broken record about it. It just gets boring. 


 
Posted : Mon. Aug 17, 2026 8:39 pm
Karlsson, frozen 4 champs, Steve MN and 1 people reacted
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

Posted by: @sunbone
↑

@bearpaw28 The thing for me is, we heard you the first thousand times you posted about the Pohlads. I think we all wish they would sell but you are seriously a broken record about it. It just gets boring. 

That attitude of boredom & acceptance & wishing by so called Twins fans is exactly why ownership will never change or sell the team. 

 


 
Posted : Tue. Aug 18, 2026 1:33 am
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1393
Rep Pts: 4128
 

@bearpaw28 You do realize the twins weren’t sellers at the deadline this year when a few names could’ve been dumped right? I wasn’t a fan of last years fire sale but then at the time they did just get swept at home by the nationals who were pathetic. The twins have some great young talent rising up in the system and they’re gonna be good again so the so called haters now can just stay off the sweet ride that’s coming back around. What’s funny is it’s not as if they’re bad now! Playoff bound Atlanta just lost to the twins 4-2 last night btw. When the twins being talked about with contraction in like “ 2000” and possibly moving to Montreal I was one of many who walked door to door getting petition signatures to keep the twins. Send your hate letter to pohlad’s if that’s your thing or just hate, enjoy that. I’ll choose to stick by the team with many others and enjoy what we have now and what’s ahead.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger

 
Posted : Tue. Aug 18, 2026 6:01 am
bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Broten Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1815
Rep Pts: 3580
Post on old board: 6912
 

@camo-coat-guy Have at it! Just don’t be naive to how this season & future seasons will inevitably END under the current regime. But…at least the Vikings, Wild & TWolves owners take their obligations to their players & the State of MN seriously, 3 of 4 is what we got. 


 
Posted : Tue. Aug 18, 2026 11:32 am
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6413
Rep Pts: 18079
Post on old board: 9626
 

(For those of US that care ) The POHLAD owned Twins have now taken the first TWO games against the FIRST PLACE BRAVES. 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Tue. Aug 18, 2026 8:56 pm
mnrouser reacted



The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 7626
Rep Pts: 12593
Post on old board: 35040
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

(For those of US that care ) The POHLAD owned Twins have now taken the first TWO games against the FIRST PLACE BRAVES. 

Funny, my broken clock was correct twice today. 😉 

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Tue. Aug 18, 2026 9:03 pm
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 4711
Rep Pts: 12421
 

Coming into the series Atlanta was 24 games over .500 and had a better record than the LA Dodgers.

The Twins have won 7 of their last 8 home series. 

With 35 games left the Twins are in second place in the division and tied with Texas & Toronto for the last playoff spot (wild card).


 
Posted : Tue. Aug 18, 2026 9:09 pm
Page 3 / 4

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad