I’ll listen to part of games on the radio from time to time. But won’t spend any money to watch the Twins, as long as the Pohlads continue to own the team. To me, the Pohlads are the worst owners in all of team sports.
Twins got hammered today 11-0
Aloha!
Buxton back in the lineup today
Aloha!
Clemens hits another HR Twins up 3-0 in the 1st
now in the 2nd they have hit 2 more HR 😎
Aloha!
Clemens hits another HR Twins up 3-0 in the 1st
now in the 2nd they have hit 2 more Home runs😎
Aloha!
How long can we out-yankee the Yankees?
Josh Bell has hit 2 home runs today 1 from the left side of the plate 1 from the right side of the plate😎 they have hit 6 home runs today
Aloha!
7th time at yankee stadium since 2015. 😬
The Twins hit 6 home runs crushing the Yankees at Yankee Stadium 11-4.
Maybe someday the Yankees will be good enough to give the Twins some competetion but not today. 😉
Heard from a reliable source today that Buxton may be considering waving his no-trade clause. He WANTS to be a Torii, a Kirby, the life-long thing, but also wants a ring, and doesn't want the fans to look down on him if he left.
This is a huge "MAY be," though. IMO, the fact he's even thinking about it, though.
I'd say, go get your ring. I wouldn't be mad, given the situation of this ownership.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
Twins are hammering the Yankees again 6-0 to see this you need Peacock and Buxton once again got injured trying to steal a base he was removed from the game in the 1st inning
Aloha!
.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Twins are hammering the Yankees again 6-0 to see this you need Peacock and Buxton once again got injured trying to steal a base he was removed from the game in the 1st inning
Spectrum has a twins channel that shows most of the games.
Gave up a run bottom 9 to evaporate a chance at our first shutout there in 25 years. Bummer. Either way, suck it Yankees!
The New York Yankees just can't compete with the Minnesota Twins. 😀
The Twins win back to back games by a combined score of 17-5 (11-4 and 6-1).
Twins add reliever Woo-Suk Go in a trade with the Tigers.
[insert joke here]
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
The Twins version of ironman Cal Ripken Jr headed to the IL again. Will miss All Star game.
https://twitter.com/Twins/status/2074601635909689761
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Alan Roden walks off Cleveland 6-5 with a bases loaded two out hit off the right center field wall that would have scored all three runners, but the Twins only need the first run. The Twins have taken the first two games of the series and will go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon.
The Twins have won 7 of their last 8 series. The only series they lost was against the Dodgers when two of the losses where by one run.
The Twins are 15-8 over their last 23 games. The Twins lead the American League in runs scored by 21 runs.
YOU CAN'T STOP THE RED HOT MINNESOTA TWINS!!!!! 😀
Not real shocking considering Roden is a .400 hitter.Alan Roden walks off Cleveland 6-5 with a bases loaded two out hit off the right center field wall that would have scored all three runners, but the Twins only need the first run.
We have a trade...
https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/2075658278520963306
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Woo-Suk Go wears the #1 on his uniform name the only other Twins player to wear the #1 on his uniform?
Aloha!
I think Billy Martin might have worn it, but that would have been as a manager
Pretty sure it's Nishioka
I think Billy Martin might have worn it, but that would have been as a manager
Yes it was Billy Martin he played for the Twins and managed the Twins wearing #1😎
Aloha!
27 players have worn the #1 for the Minnesota Twins. 34 total if you include the years when they were the Washington Senators
Woo-Suk Go wears the #1 on his uniform name the only other Twins player to wear the #1 on his uniform?
I was going to say… I clearly remember Nishioka and Castillo wearing it, and thought there were many others. There have been 73 seasons in which a Senators/Twins player had #1.
https://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/baseball_uniform_numbers.php?t=MIN
27 players have worn the #1 for the Minnesota Twins. 34 total if you include the years when they were the Washington Senators
Woo-Suk Go wears the #1 on his uniform name the only other Twins player to wear the #1 on his uniform?
I was going to say… I clearly remember Nishioka and Castillo wearing it, and thought there were many others. There have been 73 seasons in which a Senators/Twins player had #1.
https://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/baseball_uniform_numbers.php?t=MIN
what can I say I was watching the Twins game yesterday and the Broadcast said the Twins had only 2 players to wear the #1
Aloha!
Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
Aloha!
Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
I call BS. You’re clearly trying.
Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
You took time to post about a subject you claim you don't care about and could have easily just ignored the thread. Go Twins
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
It's possible to be thoroughly annoyed by the ownership (Pohlad) and still root for the players/team. This is where I am at and I suspect a lot of other Twins fans are.
The team is nearly .500 104 games into the season and is clearly overachieving when factoring in the lack of ownership support. IMO the players deserve recognition for what they are accomplishing with one hand tied behind their back by ownership. It's hard to hit with one handed tied behind your back 😉 and yet they lead the American League in runs scored by 18 runs.
The Twins have 12 different relievers with at least one save this season. Oprah Winfrey must be involved
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"Everybody gets a save"
Hopefully some people reading this thread are old enough to get this reference. For those who aren't here in a video clip to fill you in.
Well I used to care…a lot. Back in 1987 I attend a bakers dozen games, including games 1 & 2 of the ALCS vs the Tigers, had a first row seat above the Tigers dugout. But the owners now are a non starter and depend on rubes to aimlessly support the team despite everything the Pohlads consistently F up & mis-manage. It just gets annoying. But if you prefer to blindly support those ass clown (owners) have at it.Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
You took time to post about a subject you claim you don't care about and could have easily just ignored the thread. Go Twins
FOR a guy who ONLY pipes in on the Wild or Gopher hockey team after a WIN…you make me laugh dude with your selective approach to fandom! lolNot trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
It's possible to be thoroughly annoyed by the ownership (Pohlad) and still root for the players/team. This is where I am at and I suspect a lot of other Twins fans are.
The team is nearly .500 104 games into the season and is clearly overachieving when factoring in the lack of ownership support. IMO the players deserve recognition for what they are accomplishing with one hand tied behind their back by ownership. It's hard to hit with one handed tied behind your back 😉 and yet they lead the American League in runs scored by 18 runs.
The Twins have 12 different relievers with at least one save this season. Oprah Winfrey must be involved
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"You get a save"
"Everybody gets a save"
Hopefully some people reading this thread are old enough to get this reference. For those who aren't here in a video clip to fill you in.
I want to see the Twins do well, but I am also a realist. They are surviving right now, not contending. Thank you, Pohlads. There is a difference. There is also a difference between commenting on fandom and being a troll. You do not seem to grasp that difference.
When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.
As time passes, I suspect they DO grasp the difference and continue intentionally.I want to see the Twins do well, but I am also a realist. They are surviving right now, not contending. Thank you, Pohlads. There is a difference. There is also a difference between commenting on fandom and being a troll. You do not seem to grasp that difference.
Well I used to care…a lot. Back in 1987 I attend a bakers dozen games, including games 1 & 2 of the ALCS vs the Tigers, had a first row seat above the Tigers dugout. But the owners now are a non starter and depend on rubes to aimlessly support the team despite everything the Pohlads consistently F up & mis-manage. It just gets annoying. But if you prefer to blindly support those ass clown (owners) have at it.Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
You took time to post about a subject you claim you don't care about and could have easily just ignored the thread. Go Twins
Congrats on the great seats in 1987. I forget, who were the owners in 1987? So you only support sports teams when they are winners? So I take it when DUHluth had some really bad years from 86-2002 you didn't support those teams and are only supporting the team when they have winning years?
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
I don't have a lot of desire to defend Bearpaw, but this is a really awful take.Well I used to care…a lot. Back in 1987 I attend a bakers dozen games, including games 1 & 2 of the ALCS vs the Tigers, had a first row seat above the Tigers dugout. But the owners now are a non starter and depend on rubes to aimlessly support the team despite everything the Pohlads consistently F up & mis-manage. It just gets annoying. But if you prefer to blindly support those ass clown (owners) have at it.Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
You took time to post about a subject you claim you don't care about and could have easily just ignored the thread. Go Twins
Congrats on the great seats in 1987. I forget, who were the owners in 1987? So you only support sports teams when they are winners? So I take it when DUHluth had some really bad years from 86-2002 you didn't support those teams and are only supporting the team when they have winning years?
There is a huge difference between supporting a team even if they aren't talented, and supporting a team that has made it more than clear that their only goal is to bleed every last cent that they can out of their team. I understand being a fan of a team and enjoying a baseball game, but if you are supporting the Twins in any way financially, then you are in fact part of the problem.
Those of you trying to control what others like or are allowed do just because you don’t like or agree with something - are the problem.
Fans like gopher6 who gleefully trudge on supporting the Twins like everything is the same as it was when Carl & his family first took ownership of the Twins…they ARE part of the problem. 💯% The way this generation of Carls brethren run the team is an utter disgrace & a not so subtle F you to every single Twins fan.
Those of you trying to control what others like or are allowed do just because you don’t like or agree with something - are the problem.

Pointing out the logical inconsistency of people who pay money to see the Twins and complain about the never ending mediocrity isn't "controlling" anyone.Those of you trying to control what others like or are allowed do just because you don’t like or agree with something - are the problem.
That said I do think the issue goes well beyond how much money is allocated to the team, especially when teams like Milwaukee have a similar payroll and consistently put up better results. The competency of the front office is just as big a problem if not the biggest.
I don't have a lot of desire to defend Bearpaw, but this is a really awful take.Well I used to care…a lot. Back in 1987 I attend a bakers dozen games, including games 1 & 2 of the ALCS vs the Tigers, had a first row seat above the Tigers dugout. But the owners now are a non starter and depend on rubes to aimlessly support the team despite everything the Pohlads consistently F up & mis-manage. It just gets annoying. But if you prefer to blindly support those ass clown (owners) have at it.Not trying to be a RICHARD…but no one on this board, with the Twins (currently under POHLAD ownership) besides YOU gives a flying FU-K about the Twins!Twins Win today 3-1 in the 12th inning
You took time to post about a subject you claim you don't care about and could have easily just ignored the thread. Go Twins
Congrats on the great seats in 1987. I forget, who were the owners in 1987? So you only support sports teams when they are winners? So I take it when DUHluth had some really bad years from 86-2002 you didn't support those teams and are only supporting the team when they have winning years?
There is a huge difference between supporting a team even if they aren't talented, and supporting a team that has made it more than clear that their only goal is to bleed every last cent that they can out of their team. I understand being a fan of a team and enjoying a baseball game, but if you are supporting the Twins in any way financially, then you are in fact part of the problem.
My whole point was there was no need to go after Gopher6 for being a fan of the Twins. People can be mad at the owners, but no need to go after those who enjoy baseball. I also agree that it is time for the Pohlads to sell the team, but if supporting the Twins brings Gopher6 joy, so be it. BTW, Gopher6 also has posted when the Twins lose, so there is that. If Bearpaw would have simply complained about the owner, as he has done numerous times, and not went after the poster, all would be fine.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
There’s players on the twins I support and show my appreciation for. It’s possible to not like ownership decisions but still love not only the players efforts and development during a season (kriedler) but home state mlb and the game in general. If that makes me part of any problem then I’ve caused a lot of chaos in this world. 😂 I think there’s a chance this ownership can still get it right and hope that for all twins fans. Whatever will be will be but yeah to single out a guy for supporting them is petty.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
@frozen4champs You actually took what I posted off on a sideways tangent, bringing DUHluth and ? whether I only support sports teams when they are winners. Anyone who’s read even a handful of my ample number of posts on GPL over the past 20 years knows that’s simply not the case. And my initial post to poking fun at guys like Gopher6 was meant to be more tougue in cheek over the top sarcastic…then serious. lol Even College Hockey Addict, who literally avoids posting GPL like the plague after a Gopher 🏒 or Wild loss, knows when I kid him about that behavior….it’s only half hearted razing. lol
OK, but you’re not exactly 💯% unbiased on this (and I won’t elaborate further 😉) and thinking this particular version of ownership can still get it right…is where you lose me & many others. Hey, notice gopher6 hasn’t responded to any of this nonsense…maybe because this represents the most posts occurring in this TWINS thread in a good long time. lolThere’s players on the twins I support and show my appreciation for. It’s possible to not like ownership decisions but still love not only the players efforts and development during a season (kriedler) but home state mlb and the game in general. If that makes me part of any problem then I’ve caused a lot of chaos in this world. 😂 I think there’s a chance this ownership can still get it right and hope that for all twins fans. Whatever will be will be but yeah to single out a guy for supporting them is petty.
@frozen4champs You actually took what I posted off on a sideways tangent, bringing DUHluth and ? whether I only support sports teams when they are winners. Anyone who’s read even a handful of my ample number of posts on GPL over the past 20 years knows that’s simply not the case. And my initial post to poking fun at guys like Gopher6 was meant to be more tougue in cheek over the top sarcastic…then serious. lol Even College Hockey Addict, who literally avoids posting GPL like the plague after a Gopher 🏒 or Wild loss, knows when I kid him about that behavior….it’s only half hearted razing. lol
I am the king of sarcasm, and am pretty good at reading it, but your original post to Gopher6 seemed more than a tongue in cheek shot. Whatever, time to move on...
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective




