1539 Likes
59.7 K Views
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12570
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

The hits keep coming--- Koster is out a month per Jess.

https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/status/1707213701395468440

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7430

What the hell??? I guess Rud will have to step up big time. 

Goldy77
(@goldy77)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 440

Got to be Mooney to UND or staying out east next? Just a big ole kick in the nuts so far this year.

Rau4SkiUMah
(@rau4skiumah)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2318

Hopefully the team looks at all of this negative news and plays with a real chip on their shoulder. A real “we don’t need anybody but the guys in this locker room” kind of attitude (obviously not regarding Koster). A tough off season and a tough day for Gopher hockey but this team is still very strong. Hopefully Koster is 100% and good to go in a month and steps right into a high flying team coming off of a sweep in Grand Forks Wink  

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7264
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @bertogliat

White backgrounds on the advertisements on the boards!  They finally realized how cheap ass it looks to have the colored backgrounds.

This looks much classier.  Love it!

The Red M at center ice is odd.  It should match the uniforms and the seats.  The floor at Williams arena was bad enough, now they are doing it to Mariucci.

Glad someone else noticed the M too.  I hate looking like the University of McDonald’s.  ?‍♀️

This was what it looked like after the last game last year, definite difference.  

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5306
Post on old board: 15786

I think that video and photos were done too early... Just a thin layer of ice was on top and not the full 1.25". I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @jupiter

I think that video and photos were done too early... Just a thin layer of ice was on top and not the full 1.25". I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I wonder if the new lighting may also be accentuating the colors?

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @cowgirl

I wonder if the new lighting may also be accentuating the colors?

Most likely

Get your own board!

gopher hockey fan 7
(@gopherhockeyfan7)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 155

Bummer about Eiserman, but I'm really not broken up about it or souring on athletics. Maybe it was just about NIL money, or maybe the kid decided he wanted to play a year closer to home. I think it's important to remember that these are kids. They're going to change their minds about everything all of the time. He didn't quit mid season or anything like that, so good luck to him.

Not like we can't flip someone else with the roster spot now open too. No idea who, but someone may see an opportunity here that they didn't think was here before. Could change things.

Regardless, this year's team should be a contender and this is going to be another awesome year of Gopher Hockey.

HandyNotDan, Rau4SkiUMah, maroon and gold and 1 people reacted
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3935
Post on old board: 12555

I don't think so.  The inserts in the corners of the scoreboard are also the rust color.  Someone is off on their color pallet and it needs to be fixed.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

It's time for the Gophers to poach some recruits now....

Open up the NIL to recruited players.  Fight fire with fire.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

I don't think so.  The inserts in the corners of the scoreboard are also the rust color.  Someone is off on their color pallet and it needs to be fixed.

If you look at the official UMN Pantone colors, sadly they are pretty red and yellow. 

https://university-relations.umn.edu/resources/colors-and-type

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

ddillon22
(@ddillon22)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 196

@maroon_and_gold Would Brodzinski need to have about a zone head start so he and Moore could cross the Opponent Blue Line at about the same time?

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @ddillon22

@maroon_and_gold Would Brodzinski need to have about a zone head start so he and Moore could cross the Opponent Blue Line at about the same time?

All jokes aside I do wonder if Bryce can keep up with Moore and Snugs. I recall that being a problem when he was with Walker and McLaughlin. I thought that’s what made the Nevers-Nelson-Brodzinski line click. 

trixR4kids reacted
gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5650
Post on old board: 16243

From fb…

IMG 8059

Keep your stick on the ice...

GopherPete
(@gopherpete)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 408

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Posted by: @ddillon22

All jokes aside I do wonder if Bryce can keep up with Moore and Snugs. I recall that being a problem when he was with Walker and McLaughlin. I thought that’s what made the Nevers-Nelson-Brodzinski line click. 

I think that's a valid question. Although, my mind went directly to the idea of Moore having two snipers on his wings. He could really facilitate some nice offense with those two.

rodentsrulejr
(@rodentsrulejr)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 135

IALTO

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1234
Post on old board: 5547

White backgrounds on the advertisements on the boards!  They finally realized how cheap ass it looks to have the colored backgrounds.

The Red M at center ice is odd.  It should match the uniforms and the seats.  The floor at Williams arena was bad enough, now they are doing it to Mariucci.

Glad someone else noticed the M too.  I hate looking like the University of McDonald’s.  ?‍♀️

This was what it looked like after the last game last year, definite difference.  

I do not see a red M at center ice

Aloha!

gator reacted
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @gopher6

Click on the photo to expand it.  If you still can't see a reddish hue to that M, that is very different from the maroon seats of the stadium, then pull out your wallet and click the link below.

https://enchroma.com/

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

I have the U's paint #'s for both maroon and gold in the Gopher Room... aka the man cave at my house. The U's maroon and gold in paint is more bright than seeing the the maroon in the jerseys, clothing (depending on who makes it) and other items. While not red, it's also not what I think maroon should look like.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden

Posted by: @gator

I have the U's paint #'s for both maroon and gold in the Gopher Room... aka the man cave at my house. The U's maroon and gold in paint is more bright than seeing the the maroon in the jerseys, clothing

(depending on who makes it) and other items. While not red, it's also not what I think maroon should look like.

it’s more of a rust color.  Probably similar to the colors from the 70s and 80s.  In the early 90s they started using a dark maroon color and all of our stadiums and signage used the dark maroon color.

It seems like they’re trying to go back to this rust color and to me it looks very “happy meal.”

Look at this atrocity of a floor at Williams Arena.  Embarrassing.

IMG 1238

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

it’s more of a rust color.  Probably similar to the colors from the 70s and 80s.  In the early 90s they started using a dark maroon color and all of our stadiums and signage used the dark maroon color.

It seems like they’re trying to go back to this rust color and to me it looks very “happy meal.”

It's not rocket surgery... how hard is it to keep the color skus the same. The "U" is always trying to reinvent the wheel and fails at it.  I almost get the feeling, the "U" gets pleasure out of failing.  

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @gator

I have the U's paint #'s for both maroon and gold in the Gopher Room... aka the man cave at my house. The U's maroon and gold in paint is more bright than seeing the the maroon in the jerseys, clothing

(depending on who makes it) and other items. While not red, it's also not what I think maroon should look like.

IMG 1238

Not sure what’s worse - the floor, or the attempt at the letter M in the seats. ?

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5170

I think athletics moved to the dark color and the university is now going “Nope.”

I don’t get the happy meal vibes others seem to get, but the rug not matching the drapes is a cheap look. ? 

HandyNotDan
(@handyman)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4599
Post on old board: 28736

Posted by: @upnorthkid

Posted by: @boosker14

Once the rumblings of NIL money starting to tug at his sleeves started rolling I knew it was likely trouble. 

Hard to believe a university the size of UMN has trouble with competing hockeywise in the NIL world but here we are. 

would rather they say fuck basketball and dump it into a sport we have massive built in advantage for, but that require the admin to seem to care about being dominant in sports at all

That would be beyond stupid.

trixR4kids and gator reacted
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

BTW... It is the EXACT same paint as before. If it looks different at all it is due to the lighting.

Get your own board!

gator reacted
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @rodentsrulejr

The new threads finally arrived two days ago.

Get your own board!

gator
(@gator)
Brooks Level Golden

Not sure what’s worse - the floor, or the attempt at the letter M in the seats. ?

The "M" in the seats is beyond embarrassing... lol!!!

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Any video from media ray today?

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Any video from media ray today?

Over 45minutes worth I am putting together right now.

Coach Motzko, Snuggerud, Close, Brodzinski, Nelson, Nevers and Moore.

Get your own board!

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5170

BTW... It is the EXACT same paint as before. If it looks different at all it is due to the lighting.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

?

Greyeagle and Cowgirl reacted
Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin

Get your own board!

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)