911 Posts
71 Users
219 Likes
27.1 K Views
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7559

Quinnipiac ties Dartmouth tonight 2-2 and loses the shoot out. Dartmouth finished 12th/last in the ECAC each of the last two seasons. The Q are now 4-3-1 this season they were 34-4-3 last season. I don't think they are going to match their record from last season. 

MinnesotaKnies218
(@minnesota_knies218)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 675

Whioux lose to BU 3-2

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Bucky scores twice within 29 seconds of each other with about 4 minutes left in regulation to take a 5-4 lead over Michigan.

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 842
Post on old board: 5335

The B1G+ broadcast quality of this WI/Michigan game is soooo bad. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

At the start of the season who had Wisconsin being 8-1 with three straight wins over Minnesota and Michigan? Their own loss is 2-0 at the Ralph when they hit a bunch of posts and gave up a short handed goal.

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

Stupid Hastings being a good coach. 

Gophers2023
(@gophers2023)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 367

Michigan and Wisconsin will both be top 8 pairwise at the end of the year. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Well then the Big Ten has at least three #1/#2 seeds. ? 

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10559
Post on old board: 21741

Judging from tv there is zero atmosphere in the concrete center tonight.  The pups are up 2-1 late in the third and I've seen livelier funerals...

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gophers2023
(@gophers2023)
Wooger Level

This was unbelievable. 

Michigan Wisconsin tied 1-1. Michigan challenges because they potentially scored a goal with 1:40 left. They didn't have a timeout. Challenge failed. Wisconsin scores on PP with 6 seconds left.

Wisconsin is the current Big Ten title favorite. What a turnaround. 

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

Badgers score with 6.5 seconds left to beat Michigan 2-1 and sweep the Wolverines. Full on brawl happens at the final buzzer. 

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1138
Post on old board: 6069

Wisconsin seems to have the early belief that they will win no matter what.  Pulling out three in a row close games late.  Interested to see if it can carry for 5 months.  

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Posted by: @gopherguy05

Badgers score with 6.5 seconds left to beat Michigan 2-1 and sweep the Wolverines. Full on brawl happens at the final buzzer. 

The Big Ten should suspend the Michigan and Wisconsin players for 2 games. ? 

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7442

Anyone else watching Notre Dame/Penn State

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7273
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

Anyone else watching Notre Dame/Penn State

Yes!  Kitties with an extra attacker goal with 35 seconds left to tie it.  OT…

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

PSU’s nets need some crest white strips.  

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12600
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/USCHO/status/1721587015425151067

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1236
Post on old board: 5547

I know Mike Hastings was a assistant coach for the U of M for 1 year why did he leave?

Aloha!

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @gopher6

I know Mike Hastings was a assistant coach for the U of M for 1 year why did he leave?

I thought it had to do with that he did not get along with John Hill. The spin from Lucia was--

Lucia said Hastings, who was the Lancers’ head coach for 14 seasons, wanted to position himself as the heir apparent at Nebraska-Omaha. Blais, a former Gophers star and former head coach at the University of North Dakota, left his job as coach-GM of the Fargo Force of the U.S. Hockey League two weeks ago to sign a reported four-year deal as head coach of the Mavericks.

“I know they were looking for a top assistant that, whoever came there, would have a great chance to take over,” Lucia said of Hastings’ decision. “This puts him in a great position to hopefully take over one day.”

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Jupiter ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Rep Pts: 5306
Post on old board: 15786

hill

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!

MinnesotaKnies218
(@minnesota_knies218)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 675

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7691
Post on old board: 35040

Posted by: @jupiter

hill

As far as my understanding, Hill was heir apparent, and Lucia had to throw someone under the bus. And here we are. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Orion
(@orion)
Stauber Level Golden
Rep Pts: 759

I just got a cold shudder thinking John Hill could have been our coach.  Ugh, there it is again....

Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2002

Posted by: @the-rube

Posted by: @jupiter

hill

As far as my understanding, Hill was heir apparent, and Lucia had to throw someone under the bus. And here we are. 

And when Don announced his retirement Hastings said he wasn't interested in the MN job.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/B1GHockey/status/1722663823830667385

Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1138
Post on old board: 6069

I appreciate the Big Ten account putting material out, but why a frozen four prediction? Why not a weekend preview? It’s a bit early for that. 

dxmnkd316 reacted
Eric Vegoe
(@eric-vegoe)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1297

Posted by: @snowcool08

I appreciate the Big Ten account putting material out, but why a frozen four prediction? Why not a weekend preview? It’s a bit early for that. 

Somewhat evergreen content to put together over the start of the season and eventually release.

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3949
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold

https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/status/1722650161279648031?s=46&t=AvtsG2WfNuGRyXzbYJqB7g

Interesting.  You can't see big chunks of the rink from the upper level as it stands now.  Typically when you shrink a rink, you have to dig down and lower the level of the rink so as to not affect the viewing angle.  This would increase the number of obstructed view seats in the upper level even more.  Maybe the narrowing of the rink will cancel that out on the sides, but on the ends I would think anything higher than row 1 is worthless.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Maine beats #1 BC

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Duluth is 0-4-1 in their last 5 games being outscored 19-7. The game they got the tie they were out shot 50-30. 

Last season they weren't even close to making the NCAA tournament finishing 16-20-1.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Denver scores 2 short handed goals tonight but loses 6-5 in OT to Arizona State.

dxmnkd316
(@dxmnkd316)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1067
Post on old board: 29516

Posted by: @eric-vegoe

Posted by: @snowcool08

Somewhat evergreen content to put together over the start of the season and eventually release.

"It's the Ice Breaker first intermission.  Here's our current bracketology"

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5175

Posted by: @collegehockeyaddict

Duluth is 0-4-1 in their last 5 games being outscored 19-7. The game they got the tie they were out shot 50-30. 

Last season they weren't even close to making the NCAA tournament finishing 16-20-1.

Few more years of this and UND and Denver will starting talking about starting a new conference without them. Also, it’ll be the Gophers fault.

Gophers2023
(@gophers2023)
Wooger Level

Both UMD goalies are studs, but the rest of the team... I just didn't see much there. 

bearpaw28
(@bearpaw28)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1212
Post on old board: 6912

Posted by: @karlsson

Few more years of this and UND and Denver will starting talking about starting a new conference without them. Also, it’ll be the Gophers fault.

lol…Big Talk from a fan of a team…that hasn’t WON a game in Duluth in 12 years and counting…lol

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Posted by: @bearpaw28

Posted by: @karlsson

lol…Big Talk from a fan of a team…that hasn’t WON a game in Duluth in 12 years and counting…lol

I’m so happy you missed the point as much as I thought you might. 

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level

Michigan Tech was up 4-0 with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd period tonight but Bemidji State scored 6 straight goals (3 in the last 5 minutes on the 2nd period and 3 more in the 3rd period the last an empty netter) to win 6-4. The game winning goal was on the power play with just under 4 minutes left in the game.

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level

Michigan Tech was up 4-0 with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd period tonight but Bemidji State scored 6 straight goals (3 in the last 5 minutes on the 2nd period and 3 more in the 3rd period the last an empty netter) to win 6-4. The game winning goal was on the power play with just under 4 minutes left in the game.

That ain’t gonna get you in the tournament. The CCHA is such a $h!t show this year

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

someone better do a welfare check on Rube….

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @cowgirl

someone better do a welfare check on Rube….

MTU isn't good. They barely were good when they WERE "good." I love their fighting spirit. 

And UND Tweeter acct is stone cold: Can't spell "Bulldogs" without 2 Ls. 

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7051
Post on old board: 18942

Wasn't MTU a common pre-season pick for their conference? I mentioned at the time I didn't get it.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @slap-shot

Wasn't MTU a common pre-season pick for their conference? I mentioned at the time I didn't get it.

I'm not sure. Nowadays, everyone wants to look like a genius, so they might pick a team out of nowhere. It's sort of known as the Dr Z (Sports Illustrated) effect. If they are wrong, *shrug*, but if they are right, "ZOMG YOU'RE A GENIUS!" 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level

Speaking of Tech, their coach’s days may be numbered. 

https://www.techhockeyguide.com/2023/11/12/this-is-a-serious-matter/

Tornado17
(@tornado17)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 75

@karlsson UMD might play it’s way out of the tournament by January

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2207
Post on old board: 6782

Posted by: @slap-shot

Wasn't MTU a common pre-season pick for their conference?

They were, mainly on the shoulders of the Pietila brothers but oof they have been bad.

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level

College Hockey is changing.  I don't think it's a huge surprise to see two teams that hit the portal hard in St. Thomas and Wisconsin have early success in their conferences.  

I do think Bob if he is going to stick around much longer will need to take it a bit more seriously.

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1236
Post on old board: 5547

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

This is a look at the new Augustana Arena in Sioux Falls. It will open on Jan 26th

https://twitter.com/AugieMHockey/status/1724503238064402903

g-manpuck
(@g-manpuck)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2207
Post on old board: 6782

Future Gophers on Twitter brought up the age old question of why doesn't Iowa start a D1 hockey program

https://twitter.com/FutureGophers/status/1724956001114182008

I get it, the infrastructure is there with the new Xtream Arena in Coralville but then you have the expense of starting up the team and then starting a women's program to meet Title IX requirements, correct me if I'm wrong on that.  The Iowa Board of Regents have shuttered several programs at the three universities in Iowa over the last couple decades so why would they start up a niche sport program where there isn't a high school level sport within the state? 

The comeback by one poster in that thread is that with the USHL, ECHL, and AHL level presence in Iowa a D1 program would fit well.  Just because those programs exist doesn't point to a necessity of a college program.  To me it still comes down to donors to get a program off the ground and maintain it's viability.  Right now with both Iowa and Iowa State football, basketball, and wrestling as the areas where big money falls I don't see hockey landing a donor to help Iowa or Iowa State elevate their club programs no matter how successful they are at that level.

It's just a silly conversation to keep having.

I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!

Page 2 / 19