219 Likes
27.2 K Views
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7699
Post on old board: 35040

Mo  Bracket Of Death?

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7559

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Woden's thoughts.

https://twitter.com/chnews/status/1771737422059000057

Providence, R.I.
1. Boston College vs. 16. Michigan Tech
8. Wisconsin vs. 9. Quinnipiac

Springfield, Mass.
3. Denver vs. 14. UMass
5. Maine vs. 12. Cornell

Maryland Heights, Mo.
2. Boston University vs. 15. RIT
6. North Dakota vs. 10. Michigan

Sioux Falls, S.D.
4. Michigan State vs. 13. Western Michigan
7. Minnesota vs. 11. Omaha

The only difference between Wodon's and the first one I posted is the BU/RIT & Michigan State/Western Michigan games switching locations.

I don't see why overall #4 and overall #7 would be in the same regional but if Wodon turns out to right I will be happy.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12640
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

@collegehockeyaddict It will be interesting on what USCHO puts out. They are usually pretty accurate. I like yours the best so far.

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

DU celebrating with their fans:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYiuw3xXcAA9pcw?format=jpg&name=large

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7279
Post on old board: 10120

Posted by: @bigbeer

Posted by: @gopherguy05

Looks like you could pick pretty much any seat you want at the X tonight

Really good move by the B10 going to all on-campus games for the tournament. The atmosphere difference between the B10 final and the NCHC final was night and day. 

The most exciting part of the game was a dude in a wild jersey who was partied out.  They showed him sleeping with a popcorn bucket on his head that someone had set there, that got a big reaction from the crowd a couple times when they would show him on the Jumbotron. 
They showed him later still sleeping and the crowd roared, and then when they showed him waking up he practically got a standing ovation. 
I saw three gopher jerseys, several Minnesota sweatshirts.  One St. Cloud fan, one bemidji fan, five Denver fans, and too many pioux.  Omaha fans were the dominant bunch.  A bunch of folks from various fanbases that we used to see at the final five tailgates were dressed as a herd of cows. 🤷‍♀️

and I’m sure you saw the couple dozen folks dressed as refs - I said those were the big ten refs getting continuing education.  😂

Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Rep Pts: 10589
Post on old board: 21741

Posted by: @cowgirl

Really good move by the B10 going to all on-campus games for the tournament. The atmosphere difference between the B10 final and the NCHC final was night and day. 

The most exciting part of the game was a dude in a wild jersey who was partied out.  They showed him sleeping with a popcorn bucket on his head that someone had set there, that got a big reaction from the crowd a couple times when they would show him on the Jumbotron. 
They showed him later still sleeping and the crowd roared, and then when they showed him waking up he practically got a standing ovation. 
I saw three gopher jerseys, several Minnesota sweatshirts.  One St. Cloud fan, one bemidji fan, five Denver fans, and too many pioux.  Omaha fans were the dominant bunch.  A bunch of folks from various fanbases that we used to see at the final five tailgates were dressed as a herd of cows. 🤷‍♀️

and I’m sure you saw the couple dozen folks dressed as refs - I said those were the big ten refs getting continuing education.  😂

https://twitter.com/gawalz/status/1771725549083275311?s=20

“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

Posted by: @greyeagle

That pile got way higher:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJZxKDcXQAA6G_j?format=jpg&name=large

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 933
Post on old board: 11106

Posted by: @the-rube

Wow, I never thought I'd see a worse picture of playoff hockey at the X than 2 fans and a ton of empty seats watching Michigan vs. PSU on a Thursday afternoon.

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @greyeagle

that’s the guy!  I didn’t see the beer cans. 😂

I thought someone was trying to start the wave  on the other side of the arena.  Now I understand the first random outburst of cheering.  

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @thinkbui

Wow, I never thought I'd see a worse picture of playoff hockey at the X than 2 fans and a ton of empty seats watching Michigan vs. PSU on a Thursday afternoon.

that picture is not from tonight btw. 

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

But it def summarizes the sentiment. 😉 

thinkbui
(@thinkbui)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 933
Post on old board: 11106

I take it that was from the COVID season then?

Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness
Not every disease is visible. Not every pain comes from an obvious wound. Some people you see day-to-day may be suffering in ways you or I may never understand and fighting just to live a normal life. Please consider contributing to the Facial Pain Association and together we can find a cure.

frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 12640
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

The final USCHO bracket.

Providence, R.I.
1. Boston College
8. Wisconsin
9. Quinnipiac
16. Michigan Tech

Sioux Falls, S.D.
2. Boston University
7. Minnesota
11. Omaha
15. RIT

Springfield, Mass.
3. Denver
5. Maine
12. Cornell
14. Massachusetts

Maryland Heights, Mo.
4. Michigan State
6. North Dakota
10. Michigan
13. Western Michigan

https://www.uscho.com/2024/03/23/bracketology-final-after-plenty-of-stress-and-two-hosts-qualifying-for-the-field-seeding-this-tournament-is-easier-than-youd-believe/

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7067
Post on old board: 18942

Not that they wouldn't get there anyway, but good Lord just hand BC a FF berth with that regional.

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2245

Posted by: @slap-shot

Not that they wouldn't get there anyway, but good Lord just hand BC a FF berth with that regional.

I mean yeah it was going to be “easier” regardless. WI and QU play a style that can give any team a shot, but it’s hard to see anyone stopping that freight train right now without some luck. Benefit to the postseason in ncaa is the whistles usually get tighter, so that insane PP isn’t going to be on the ice as much

futuregopherdad
(@futuregopherdad)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 52

I actually think the sconnies or Q are bad matchups for BC. Not saying they lose but look what Q did to us last year in similar situation (Gophs last year and BC this year almost identical). BC can beat anyone skill vs skill but trap game could be a problem 

Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 5181

Isn’t the top seed supposed to get an “easy” regional?

Steve MN reacted
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4439

If they’re playing well, both Wisconsin and Quinnipiac stay out of the box and don’t give up odd man rushes. That’s basically how their coaches have been successful.

I think it’s your only chance to beat BC. So I actually believe they are both dangerous opponents. 

Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7067
Post on old board: 18942

Posted by: @karlsson

Isn’t the top seed supposed to get an “easy” regional?

Yesm but not my point. Despite some commentary otherwise imho it's about as easy as we've seen lately. Sorry but neither UW nor Q will be a problem despite their styles.

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1179

Well...bought tickets for Sioux Falls and booked a hotel Saturday night.  Hopefully the Gophers are still playing by then! And hopefully in Sioux Falls ...

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Does anyone remember how it is decided which teams play which times? 

Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Stauber Level
Rep Pts: 842
Post on old board: 5335

"usually". The higher seed plays the early game.  But the NCAA has moved some things around for TV too.

If the Gophers are in Sioux falls it likely both works in our favor that they would play the 7:30 game and not the 4:00 p.m. game. 

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden

"usually". The higher seed plays the early game.  But the NCAA has moved some things around for TV too.

If the Gophers are in Sioux falls it likely both works in our favor that they would play the 7:30 game and not the 4:00 p.m. game. 

Last year as #1 seed we played the later game on Thursday night.  But who knows what they will decide.  BU is probably "good tv" too in ESPN's eyes, so they may want to keep them at 7:30.

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4676
Post on old board: 10695

With the day off between games now, they'll line up the times for whatever will fit TV best.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Provided we go to SF (🤞🤞🤞) that would also be preferable for those of us driving! 

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Provided we go to SF (🤞🤞🤞) that would also be preferable for those of us driving! 

I'm just going with i'll be too ill on Thursday to go into work. Feels like I'm coming down with something. only cure is gopher hockey 😷 

Rau4SkiUMah and Cowgirl reacted
DinkyTownDog
(@dinkytowndog)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 34

What matchup is better for the gophers in a regional final... BU or Denver?

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Posted by: @dinkytowndog

BU is 7-5-1 vs teams in the field. 4.1 g/g and 2.4 ga/g

Denver is 9-7-1. 4.9 g/g and 2.9 ga/g

Denver's scorers are a bit older than BUs (aside from Buium the younger). BU is still on the younger side for where they get production from. DU has been more up and down and has totally laid some eggs in games.

I'd probably take BU though as I think we can (not saying we will, but that we have ability) slow down Celebrini and that team gets in trouble. Denver has 10 guys with double digit goals (11 but Rizzo is out) vs 5 for BU

Idontknow
(@idontknow)
Bonin Level Golden

Posted by: @upnorthkid

Posted by: @dinkytowndog

BU is 7-5-1 vs teams in the field. 4.1 g/g and 2.4 ga/g

Denver is 9-7-1. 4.9 g/g and 2.9 ga/g

Denver's scorers are a bit older than BUs (aside from Buium the younger). BU is still on the younger side for where they get production from. DU has been more up and down and has totally laid some eggs in games.

I'd probably take BU though as I think we can (not saying we will, but that we have ability) slow down Celebrini and that team gets in trouble. Denver has 10 guys with double digit goals (11 but Rizzo is out) vs 5 for BU

Did you by chance tabulate Gophers record vs the field?

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Brooks Level
Rep Pts: 7464

Gophers are 6-6-3 vs the field

Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2582
Post on old board: 7833

Math r hard. 

Calculate Figure It Out GIF

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Checking in on ESPNU, OSU/WI are scoreless with 7:31 left in regulation.

Wonder what they'll do with the Men's selection show if this goes to OT.....

As I type that, OSU scores with 7:12 remaining.  Could still easily bump into the 5:30 scheduled time for the selection show.

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @steve-mn

Checking in on ESPNU, OSU/WI are scoreless with 7:31 left in regulation.

Wonder what they'll do with the Men's selection show if this goes to OT.....

As I type that, OSU scores with 7:12 remaining.  Could still easily bump into the 5:30 scheduled time for the selection show.

pretty much when I joined too. Didn’t realize that game was on. Hope they don’t blather on too long. 

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

OSU wins 1-0.  Not sure when they plan on swapping over.

gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level
Rep Pts: 431
Post on old board: 9527

Have to start with the highlights from last year’s championship! 😢

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Providence

BC vs Tech

WI vs QU

Chalk as expected

gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level

Providence Regional:

1 BC vs 4 MTU

2 Wisconsin vs 3 Quinnipiac

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

MD Heights

Mich St vs WMU

UND vs Mich

gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level

Maryland Heights

1 Michigan St vs 4 Western Michigan

2 North Dakota vs 3 Michigan

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

I called it earlier, but I think that is the Bracket Of Death. 

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

it's at least the most even. Probably put it about 30% Mich St, 20% WMU, 25% UND, 25% Mich to advance. 

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Connelly from USCHO spot on so far

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Sioux Falls

BU vs RIT (will be interesting seeing them against an older team)

MN vs Omaha

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

As expected, Sioux Falls:

BU/RIT

Gophers/Omaha

The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mariucci Level Golden

it's at least the most even. Probably put it about 30% Mich St, 20% WMU, 25% UND, 25% Mich to advance. 

That's pretty much the point of the Bracket Of Death. There is no pushover. It is a gauntlet to get out of that bracket. Like someone said earlier, just give FF plane tickets to BC, given that bracket. 

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

I'd say that's about right.  Makes sense that the region with the #4 overall is the most even.

gopherguy06
(@gopherguy06)
Wooger Level

going to be a rough bracket. Should be fun games!

Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Brooks Level Golden

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Bigbeer
(@bigbeer)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 3992
Post on old board: 9428

We really have nothing to complain about in our region. 

Page 18 / 19