2024 NCAA Hockey Of...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2024 NCAA Hockey Off-Season

295 Posts
51 Users
78 Reactions
17.8 K Views
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 408
Rep Pts: 1397
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

Rank the big 10 teams based on order of finish for 2024. I got this.

1. Michigan State 

2. Minnesota 

3. Wisconsin 

4. Michigan 

5. Ohio State 

6. Penn State

7. Notre Dame

1.  Minnesota

2.  Wisconsin (assumes Levshunov leaves, otherwise Sparty.

3.  Michigan State

4.  Michigan

5.  Notre Dame

6.  Ohio State

7.  Penn State

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 11:26 am
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2402
Rep Pts: 5188
Post on old board: 12555
 

Ranking Wisconsin after they jettisoned some of their non Hastings recruited players is a complete crapshoot.  Did they lose toxic players who made them play worse than their potential?  Or did they lose talented players which will result in a drop in team play?  Or both?


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 11:39 am
Steve MN reacted
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

Ranking Wisconsin after they jettisoned some of their non Hastings recruited players is a complete crapshoot.  Did they lose toxic players who made them play worse than their potential?  Or did they lose talented players which will result in a drop in team play?  Or both?

I suspect some degree of both.  The question of course then ends up being, what does that mean for the team overall?  And I completely agree that right now, there's simply no way to know.

Overall B1G is now at the point that, from year to year, I can't be truly surprised by any team poking their head up and being really good.

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 12:27 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@steve-mn 

I think what makes me skeptical is all of these transfers will have a major increase in the level of competition. He's got 2 from the Atlantic, and 2 from the CCHA. There may be a adjustment that needs to be made. I'd expect them to start slow.


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 12:36 pm
JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 160
Rep Pts: 489
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

https://twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/1795489628302324218?s=46&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

This has now been revised that Mike Grier has announced that they have signed Smith.  The rumor mill is since they have the #1 pick, they will take Celebrini and sign him immediately as well.  

 

I guess if you are going to suck, this is a good way to do it and save some $$$ that might allow you to make a great agent signing or two.

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 1:02 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @joegopher
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

https://twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/1795489628302324218?s=46&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

This has now been revised that Mike Grier has announced that they have signed Smith.  The rumor mill is since they have the #1 pick, they will take Celebrini and sign him immediately as well.  

 

I guess if you are going to suck, this is a good way to do it and save some $$$ that might allow you to make a great agent signing or two.

 

 highly ideal as a gopher fan and very much what I’d expected if they got the first pick. Now we’ll see what the rest of the BC crew does

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 1:36 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Hoping Leonard pulls a Cooley and drops BC even closer to the pack


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 1:39 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@maroon_and_gold 

Artyom levshunov leaning one way or the other?


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 2:35 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@maroon_and_gold 

Artyom levshunov leaning one way or the other?

Not sure. Sounding like it’s very much dependent on which team drafts him. Obviously for the Gophers sake I hope he takes his talents to the NHL😉

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 4:30 pm
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @maroon_and_gold
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@maroon_and_gold 

Artyom levshunov leaning one way or the other?

Not sure. Sounding like it’s very much dependent on which team drafts him. Obviously for the Gophers sake I hope he takes his talents to the NHL😉

 

 I’d be pretty surprised if he’s back. Maybe a team that’s a long way off has him come back to with another year on his defense, but he’s nhl ready right now on offense and is a right handed shot which will make him a very hot commodity to come in and develop there

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 7:09 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@upnorthkid 

Who would we want him to get drafted by?


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 7:54 pm



upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@upnorthkid 

Who would we want him to get drafted by?

 honestly pretty much anyone in the top ten who would draft him (there are some teams who probably won’t go defense). Right handed shooting defenseman are highly sought after. 

 


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 8:49 pm
Blue Bandit 24
(@bluebandit24)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1010
Rep Pts: 2900
 

I feel like he goes to Chicago, though far from set in stone. Expecting him to be in the NHL next season though.


 
Posted : Tue. May 28, 2024 10:46 pm
upnorthkid reacted
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Posted by: @bluebandit24
↑

I feel like he goes to Chicago, though far from set in stone. Expecting him to be in the NHL next season though.

I don’t know much about Chicago and their NHL roster, but this could help our chances of keeping Rinzel longer. 

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 12:09 am
upnorthkid reacted
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@mikeeruzione11 wouldn't the plan be for him to leave after his junior year like Lacombe/ Faber?

 

 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 4:26 pm
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@mikeeruzione11 wouldn't the plan be for him to leave after his junior year like Lacombe/ Faber?

Lacombe played 4 years. And I am not sure on Rinzel, the talent is definitely there. Depends on how the upcoming season goes is my guess.

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 4:43 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@boninthebear 

Why you like Notre Dame more than Penn State/Ohio State


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 6:28 pm
streaky gopher
(@streakygopher)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1528
Rep Pts: 4743
Post on old board: 15478
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@mikeeruzione11 wouldn't the plan be for him to leave after his junior year like Lacombe/ Faber?

Lacombe played 4 years. And I am not sure on Rinzel, the talent is definitely there. Depends on how the upcoming season goes is my guess.

 

I thought LaCombe was a Junior, along with Faber, and that Johnson was the one who played 4.

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 6:45 pm
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mayasich Level
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 4426
Rep Pts: 13184
 

Posted by: @streakygopher
↑

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@mikeeruzione11 wouldn't the plan be for him to leave after his junior year like Lacombe/ Faber?

Lacombe played 4 years. And I am not sure on Rinzel, the talent is definitely there. Depends on how the upcoming season goes is my guess.

 

I thought LaCombe was a Junior, along with Faber, and that Johnson was the one who played 4.

 

Nope. LaCombe was a senior. Came in fall of 2019 with Johnson, Meyers, Brodzinski, Nelson etc.

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 7:12 pm
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 1277
Rep Pts: 4001
Post on old board: 5631
 

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@mikeeruzione11 wouldn't the plan be for him to leave after his junior year like Lacombe/ Faber?

Lacombe played 4 years. And I am not sure on Rinzel, the talent is definitely there. Depends on how the upcoming season goes is my guess.

 

Chicago will go all out to sign Rinzel at the end of this coming season.  If he stays through his junior season, he can go UFA.

 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 7:27 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

Saw Michigan's non con schedule. Theirs looks much more fun than ours. Don't understand why they get both Mankato and St.Cloud and we get neither. They also get a trip to BU, Western Michigan and Arizona State. 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 7:31 pm
frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

Saw Michigan's non con schedule. Theirs looks much more fun than ours. Don't understand why they get both Mankato and St.Cloud and we get neither. They also get a trip to BU, Western Michigan and Arizona State. 

As a season ticket holder, thank God we don't play only Minnesota schools for our non conference schedule. Playing 2 other Mn schools a year is plenty. BTW, Michigan played the "powerhouse" schools Lindenwood and Stonehill this past season...

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 7:49 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@frozen4champs 

I'd like to play BU 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 7:50 pm



frozen 4 champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 6415
Rep Pts: 18085
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@frozen4champs 

I'd like to play BU 

Well, they have played them the past 2 years...

 


Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective

 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 7:58 pm
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@frozen4champs 

Lol sure. I guess my point was I'd like to have a really good east coast team on this year's schedule and we don't get that. 


 
Posted : Wed. May 29, 2024 8:01 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

I couldn't care less about playing MSUM or SCSU when BSU is on the schedule. Playing 1 of 3 each season is plenty enough.


 
Posted : Thu. May 30, 2024 12:52 am
Steve MN reacted
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

https://twitter.com/nuhockeyblog/status/1795922757919604778


 
Posted : Thu. May 30, 2024 9:08 am
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2402
Rep Pts: 5188
Post on old board: 12555
 

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

Saw Michigan's non con schedule. Theirs looks much more fun than ours. Don't understand why they get both Mankato and St.Cloud and we get neither. They also get a trip to BU, Western Michigan and Arizona State. 

As a season ticket holder, thank God we don't play only Minnesota schools for our non conference schedule. Playing 2 other Mn schools a year is plenty. BTW, Michigan played the "powerhouse" schools Lindenwood and Stonehill this past season...

 

Yes.  We know you're going to have to have the occasional cupcake if you want to maximize the number of home games.  But you want to balance that non-conference schedule with interesting/competitive teams.

 

Michigan last year also played Providence, @ UMass, and @ SCSU.

 


 
Posted : Thu. May 30, 2024 10:03 am
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 408
Rep Pts: 1397
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@boninthebear 

Why you like Notre Dame more than Penn State/Ohio State

I think Notre Dame brings a lot back and what they lost they supplemented well in the portal.

Ohio State came on at the end of the year and could surprise.

Penn State seems like they are losing more than bringing in.

 


 
Posted : Thu. May 30, 2024 10:37 am
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @bertogliat
↑

Posted by: @frozen4champs
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

Saw Michigan's non con schedule. Theirs looks much more fun than ours. Don't understand why they get both Mankato and St.Cloud and we get neither. They also get a trip to BU, Western Michigan and Arizona State. 

As a season ticket holder, thank God we don't play only Minnesota schools for our non conference schedule. Playing 2 other Mn schools a year is plenty. BTW, Michigan played the "powerhouse" schools Lindenwood and Stonehill this past season...

 

Yes.  We know you're going to have to have the occasional cupcake if you want to maximize the number of home games.  But you want to balance that non-conference schedule with interesting/competitive teams.

Michigan last year also played Providence, @ UMass, and @ SCSU.

I posted this a few weeks back. These are some some examples of some NC opponents last season and was mostly centered around east vs. west but not 100% exclusively:

  • BC hosted MSU. 
  • BC played '@' Harvard and Notre Dame which I am guessing was a tournament of some sort
  • BU played @MSU 
  • BU hosted UND
  • CC hosted Union
  • Denver hosted Yale and played @ASU
  • Michigan hosted Providence, played @SCSU and played @UMASS
  • OSU hosted Princeton
  • MTU played 1 each @SLU and CLK
  • Vermont hosted UST
  • UMD hosted NMU and played @COR 
  • I assume many of these have/had return trips

I'm not saying it's easy but a lot of other programs have figured it out.  

 


 
Posted : Thu. May 30, 2024 10:56 am
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 

@boninthebear 

I guess I'm not optimistic with them. They lose slaggert, Monaghan, Bavaro and the older janicke brother. They only scored 100 goals as a team and those 4 accounted for 49 of those. I think they have some young guys who can be good but none of them popped. I thought Brian Bischel was the best goalie in the conference the past 2 years, I think he will be hard to replace. Owen Say didn't put up great numbers at mercyhurst I think he is a downgrade. So essentially you have a team that can't score with a worse goalie than what they had last year not a good combination.

Ohio state ended the year strong but they lost a good chunk of what made the run. Holiday went pro, thesing went pro, brickey graduated. The goalie graduated as well I'm not quite sure they will be better but I like them more than Notre Dame.

Penn State lost some 5th years to the portal which makes me curious about if guys like playing for Penn State right now. The goalie Arseni Sergeyev was actually pretty solid at Uconn in Hockey East without a lot of help. I could see him elevating them to middle of the pack. Aiden Fink is also one of the best forwards in the big ten imo.

 


 
Posted : Thu. May 30, 2024 3:05 pm
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 408
Rep Pts: 1397
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

@boninthebear 

I guess I'm not optimistic with them. They lose slaggert, Monaghan, Bavaro and the older janicke brother. They only scored 100 goals as a team and those 4 accounted for 49 of those. I think they have some young guys who can be good but none of them popped. I thought Brian Bischel was the best goalie in the conference the past 2 years, I think he will be hard to replace. Owen Say didn't put up great numbers at mercyhurst I think he is a downgrade. So essentially you have a team that can't score with a worse goalie than what they had last year not a good combination.

Ohio state ended the year strong but they lost a good chunk of what made the run. Holiday went pro, thesing went pro, brickey graduated. The goalie graduated as well I'm not quite sure they will be better but I like them more than Notre Dame.

Penn State lost some 5th years to the portal which makes me curious about if guys like playing for Penn State right now. The goalie Arseni Sergeyev was actually pretty solid at Uconn in Hockey East without a lot of help. I could see him elevating them to middle of the pack. Aiden Fink is also one of the best forwards in the big ten imo.

 

I like both Danny Nelson and Blake Biondi.  Those two will center the top 2 lines.  Nelson will take a big jump this year. Ian Murphy is experienced and produced albeit against lower competition. 

In terms of goaltending I view Notre Dame a lot like Wisconsin now.  The way they play it’s easier to have high level goaltending.

Agree on Fink, but all their transfers out is a big red flag to me.

 


 
Posted : Fri. May 31, 2024 4:31 am
JoeGopher
(@joegopher)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 160
Rep Pts: 489
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

https://twitter.com/nuhockeyblog/status/1795922757919604778

This is a really unique building that I have been to twice.  Lots of history, including being the original home arena for the Bruins and the Celtics.  I know it has been literally falling apart on the last few years, and they haven't let people sit upstairs for the last couple of years due to safety concerns. 

It will be interesting to see where the displaced teams will be play while they do the tear-down and construct the new facility.

 


 
Posted : Fri. May 31, 2024 8:46 am
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

Also, I found yesterday that all 4 of the Boston teams played their home games there from 1918 to the mid 50s


 
Posted : Fri. May 31, 2024 9:55 am
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 809
Rep Pts: 2250
 

I think it was the first indoor rink in the US. It's unfortunate they couldn't do a better job keeping it up. 


'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

 
Posted : Fri. May 31, 2024 10:03 am



Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3348
Rep Pts: 7700
Post on old board: 10695
 

It is well over 100 years old at this point, and, I believe they were having issues with the foundation settling weirdly.  They're building on the same site is the plan, but I suspect modern construction won't have the same issues.


 
Posted : Fri. May 31, 2024 10:34 am
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Wooger Level
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 356
Rep Pts: 410
 
  • Ohio state released its non con schedule. Bowling Green, Lake Superior State, AIC, Lindenwood and Princeton. I think they could build to something good early. 

 
Posted : Tue. Jun 4, 2024 8:20 pm
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Bonin Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 408
Rep Pts: 1397
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

  • Ohio state released its non con schedule. Bowling Green, Lake Superior State, AIC, Lindenwood and Princeton. I think they could build to something good early. 

That’s a trap.  Even if the win all of those they will need a very strong showing in the BIG for Pairwise.

 


 
Posted : Wed. Jun 5, 2024 12:22 am
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

  • Ohio state released its non con schedule. Bowling Green, Lake Superior State, AIC, Lindenwood and Princeton. I think they could build to something good early. 

I dislike ours just a bit less now. 

 


 
Posted : Wed. Jun 5, 2024 4:50 am
Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 1388
Rep Pts: 3432
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @jankwi01
↑

  • Ohio state released its non con schedule. Bowling Green, Lake Superior State, AIC, Lindenwood and Princeton. I think they could build to something good early. 

I dislike ours just a bit less now. 

 

So Stonehill was not available?

 


 
Posted : Wed. Jun 5, 2024 8:43 am
Blue Bandit 24
(@bluebandit24)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 1010
Rep Pts: 2900
Gopherguy05
(@gopherguy05)
Bonin Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 641
Rep Pts: 1315
Post on old board: 5335
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4566
Rep Pts: 11540
Post on old board: 18942
 

Good for Grant perhaps, bummer for NMU on the timing.  


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 10:32 am
Mike Eruzione 11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 2260
Rep Pts: 6850
 

Did he feel the pressure caving in and jump ship?


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 10:37 am
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 985
Rep Pts: 3035
Post on old board: 6069
 

If he becomes a head coach at an AHL team, is he failing upwards?


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 11:02 am
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4082
Rep Pts: 12573
 

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1800505617632887201

 

Big Ten hockey coming to Wrigley? Interesting


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 11:03 am
Hey_Sioux_Suck
(@hey_sioux_suck)
Micheletti Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 164
Rep Pts: 680
 

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1800505617632887201

 

Big Ten hockey coming to Wrigley? Interesting

Gophers are the only B1G team not mentioned for a possible game.

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 11:57 am



alignrock
(@alignrock)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 63
Rep Pts: 272
 

Posted by: @hey_sioux_suck
↑

Posted by: @upnorthkid
↑

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1800505617632887201

 

Big Ten hockey coming to Wrigley? Interesting

Gophers are the only B1G team not mentioned for a possible game.

 

Good...IMO

The stadium bit is SO stale at this point.

 


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 12:07 pm
Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 24 years ago
Posts: 2402
Rep Pts: 5188
Post on old board: 12555
 

@alignrock Maybe so, but a trip to Chicago is always a great time, especially for a road sporting event.

 

I was at the game at Soldiers Field in 2013 and had a blast.  A game a Wrigley would be even better.  Riding the train with rival fans would be interesting.

 

I was also at a Vikings game at the old Soldiers Field when Moss (a rookie?) made a late TD catch to win the game (iirc).  Was an awesome day....except for the part where we were followed for several blocks by pissed off Bears fans yelling at us.  Bars were great though.  Great town!


 
Posted : Tue. Jun 11, 2024 1:55 pm
Page 3 / 6

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad