Post on old board: 5547

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Rep Pts: 13267
Post on old board: 9626
Topic starter  

Something smells as his assistants resigned as well. Especially with one of the top recruiting classes ( on paper ) coming in this fall. Conflict with the AD or the President? The portal will no doubt be an active place for players from there next spring. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
BoninTheBear
(@boninthebear)
Micheletti Level
Rep Pts: 541

Posted by: @frozen4champs

Something smells as his assistants resigned as well. Especially with one of the top recruiting classes ( on paper ) coming in this fall. Conflict with the AD or the President? The portal will no doubt be an active place for players from there next spring. 

Didn’t they have a massive portal exodus this offseason?

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 104

@boninthebear 

Yes they did. They are bringing in a huge class with a lot of talented freshman. It will be interesting to see where those kids end up going.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @boninthebear

Didn’t they have a massive portal exodus this offseason?

They did, but 6 players with 1 year left are in the portal. The biggest losses are both goalies, but they have 2 coming in. They had 27 non goalies on the roster last year, compared to the Gophers had 22, so they may have been a bit roster heavy. 

I'm 50% factual and 50% sarcastic. When you get to know me, you will know which is which.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

A couple of notes from Mike McMahon about NMU. 

St. Cloud associate head coach Dave Shyiak is the obvious No. 1 candidate.

NMU forward Michael Mesic entered the transfer portal on Wednesday. He became the first player to hit the portal after the coaching change. Rising junior Connor Eddy followed a few hours later.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/1800549022694003054

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

@frozen4champs 

Would we be interested in the incoming goalie their? I believe he is a Minnesota kid.

ReplyQuote

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level
Rep Pts: 2524

Posted by: @jankwi01

@frozen4champs 

Would we be interested in the incoming goalie their? I believe he is a Minnesota kid.

Slukynsky? I mean I’d take him, there’s just no room now

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

@upnorthkid 

Yes that kid. I think he could be a big time player.

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Sounds like he will not go to NMU anymore. Will he end up in Grand Forks?

https://twitter.com/TheNMUYB/status/1802746917853462858

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

they have 3 goalies rostered and one committed already

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

Posted by: @upnorthkid

I figured he is a Warroad kid and played for Fargo in the USHL and my guess is that he would eventually end up with the Whioux. I know it's late, so I guess he could go back to the USHL this year and then find a school.

ReplyQuote
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Bonin Level Golden
Rep Pts: 1226
Post on old board: 6069

I figured he is a Warroad kid and played for Fargo in the USHL and my guess is that he would eventually end up with the Whioux. I know it's late, so I guess he could go back to the USHL this year and then find a school.

Not to be rude, but if the choice we between Slukinsky for two to four years and Souliere for one, I’d take Slukinsky. 

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

@frozen4champs 

Would he look at Notre Dame or Michigan? Those schools could really use him.

ReplyQuote

maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 7890

Posted by: @snowcool08

Not to be rude, but if the choice we between Slukinsky for two to four years and Souliere for one, I’d take Slukinsky. 

Idk what Bob promised Souliere but I agree with this wholeheartedly. That kind of shafts Souliere though which wouldn’t be a great look for the coaching staff. If he was brought in to be a backup though might as well be a 3rd string🤷‍♂️

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

the path back to USHL feels like what i'd expect him to do. which if he's willing and tBob is interested (he should be), i'd take him in a heartbeat in that scenario.

as far as him vs Souliere, would worry me a little coming into the year with only Airey rostered having played in games, with that being 1 start and 2 times in mop up duty. Especially when you're looking at a roster that should have the opportunity to compete for a national title this year

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

lots of steam towards the blackhawks taking Levshunov, which if it happens, I would be shocked if he comes back. 

also regarding the comment on the hawks pushing to sign rinze at the end of the yearl, thought the rule was changed so they retain rights until they finish college then 30 more days?

ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2144
Post on old board: 5631

lots of steam towards the blackhawks taking Levshunov, which if it happens, I would be shocked if he comes back. 

also regarding the comment on the hawks pushing to sign rinze at the end of the yearl, thought the rule was changed so they retain rights until they finish college then 30 more days?

It's a a little of both. Rinzel can become a UFA 4 years after he was drafted. After his junior season in his scenario. If he were to come back for his senior year, then Chicago would retain his rights until the summer after that season. 

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

@j22 

Thanks for explaining I never quite understood that part since it’s different with college players than everyone else 

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

Who leads right now for Hampton Slukynsky?

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7876
Post on old board: 18942

We'll Help You Legally Change Your Name University.  

ReplyQuote

Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

@slap-shot 

What's that?

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4807

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 5054
Post on old board: 10695

Tennessee State University to begin D1 program as an independent in 2025-26 season:

https://tsutigers.com/sports/2023/6/27/HockeyFAQ.aspx

They'll be working with the Preds and the city of Nashville on an arena.

B1G refs... corrupt, or just incompetent?

ReplyQuote
College Hockey Addict
(@collegehockeyaddict)
Mariucci Level
Rep Pts: 8127

Are they going to play Kentucky?

s l400

ReplyQuote
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mariucci Level Golden
Rep Pts: 7876
Post on old board: 18942

Who had Tennessee State adding Div I hockey before....

ReplyQuote
Iceburg
(@iceburg)
Broten Level Golden
Rep Pts: 2876
Post on old board: 7833

Posted by: @slap-shot

Doug Collins Impeachment GIF

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Yesterday’s 32 Thoughts podcast mentioned that Rutger McGroarty is on the trading block.

I have a suspicion he might turn professional this summer if he is traded to a weaker NHL roster.  

ReplyQuote

Bertogliat
(@bertogliat)
Brooks Level Golden
Rep Pts: 4508
Post on old board: 12555

Posted by: @iceburg

Posted by: @slap-shot

Doug Collins Impeachment GIF

I had never heard of Tennessee State University before.  I see it is an HBCU.  

I think it’s great to expend into new markets.  The Nashville area seems to be pretty rabid for the sports so it’s great to add TN St.  

It’s interesting that teams we would expect to add hockey, like Illinois, Iowa, etc don’t pull the trigger and then out of the blue we get a school like Tennessee State or Stonehill or Lindenwood pop up at the D1 level.

Does anyone know if Tennessee State had a DIII team or is this just new and random?

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

New and random as far as I can tell.  They've been Division I-AA/FCS since at least 1981

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Nothing against Jackson, his success as a coach is well documented, but I’ve always thought if Notre Dame got a young new coach in there they could really become a player on the national scene. More so than they are right now.

I bet they could recruit on par with the Michigans/Minnesotas/Bostons of the world if they got over their defensive lull systems.

Steve MN reacted
ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

@maroon_and_gold 

I'm not sure I agree. Outside of the past 2 years they actually had a fair number of above average offenses. 21-22, 17-18, and 18-19 they all had pretty good offenses. I think he just hasn't hit on guys the way he did earlier. They were a really young team last year maybe they will come back. He always does well with goalies. 

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

@maroon_and_gold 

I'm not sure I agree. Outside of the past 2 years they actually had a fair number of above average offenses. 21-22, 17-18, and 18-19 they all had pretty good offenses. I think he just hasn't hit on guys the way he did earlier. They were a really young team last year maybe they will come back. He always does well with goalies. 

Not at all saying they’re bad right now. They’ve had good teams over the years. All I’m saying is I think they’re scratching the surface of what that program COULD be.

ReplyQuote
Viking
(@viking)
Micheletti Level Golden
Rep Pts: 571

@maroon_and_gold 

They were most definitely not a young team last year. A few of us were in South Bend watching the Gophers for senior night. Over half of the team was seniors/grads. 

ReplyQuote

Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @viking

@maroon_and_gold 

They were most definitely not a young team last year. A few of us were in South Bend watching the Gophers for senior night. Over half of the team was seniors/grads. 

They almost filled up the bench, even with the younger players waiting out on the ice.

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

@viking 8 freshmen were getting significant minutes. I would say that is a lot.

ReplyQuote
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Brooks Level Golden

@viking 8 freshmen were getting significant minutes. I would say that is a lot.

Yeah, they'll be okay in a couple years again maybe, but with very few sophomores and juniors with all those freshman and seniors, it's an odd roster makeup.

ReplyQuote
Jankwi01
(@jankwi01)
Lucia Level

@steve-mn yes I do not think they have done a great job with roster management. I think they will struggle without Ryan Bischel

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1805714344656699428

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

Posted by: @mikeeruzione11

Yesterday’s 32 Thoughts podcast mentioned that Rutger McGroarty is on the trading block.

I have a suspicion he might turn professional this summer if he is traded to a weaker NHL roster.  

Rutger had another segment on the most recent 32 Thoughts podcast. They seem nearly certain he will be traded. Sounds like he wants to be a pro. I have a hard time believing he will be on campus in the fall. 

ReplyQuote
maroon and gold
(@maroon_and_gold)
Mariucci Level

Great news for us

ReplyQuote

upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

Rutger had another segment on the most recent 32 Thoughts podcast. They seem nearly certain he will be traded. Sounds like he wants to be a pro. I have a hard time believing he will be on campus in the fall. 

I’m sure when you start seeing all your buddies with extra cash to splash while you’re golfing in the summer it hits a little harder that you’re coming back to Ann Arbor

ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden

Russo tweeted that the Wild are showing a lot of interest in McGroarty

ReplyQuote
frozen4champs
(@frozen4champs)
Mayasich Level Golden
Topic starter  

A possible look in the future of UW's clothing contract.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/1807894376372154383

ReplyQuote
MikeEruzione11
(@mikeeruzione11)
Brooks Level Golden

ReplyQuote
upnorthkid
(@upnorthkid)
Broten Level

https://twitter.com/byscottpowers/status/1809270790866575625?s=42&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

also a bunch of rumors of them signing him and putting him in the AHL, which would be a major slap to MSU and their development of players

ReplyQuote
J22
 J22
(@j22)
Broten Level Golden

https://twitter.com/byscottpowers/status/1809270790866575625?s=42&t=UtlPiq7Vt1Te97QT76L7LQ

also a bunch of rumors of them signing him and putting him in the AHL, which would be a major slap to MSU and their development of players

unless the kid can't handle the school work,  that's a terrible idea. 

Jankwi01 reacted
ReplyQuote
futuregopherdad
(@futuregopherdad)
Lucia Level
Rep Pts: 68

Celebrini signs and Gridin signs which ensures he’s not going to Mich if there was any remaining doubt

ReplyQuote

gopher6
(@gopher6)
Bonin Level
Rep Pts: 1332
Post on old board: 5547

Posted by: @futuregopherdad

Celebrini signs and Gridin signs which ensures he’s not going to Mich if there was any remaining doubt

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/40509370/sharks-sign-macklin-celebrini-entry-level-contract

Aloha!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6