Long time Gopher fan, but I don't see this year's Gophers beating this WMU team. (and yes....my bracket said that....)
If the NCAA tournament has taught us anything it's that anything can happen.
I didn’t think western was all that impressive in the regional game against umass. I think if our game had been officiated properly we could have beaten western on Saturday night and we would be here today. But we’ll never know, will we. #stillbitter
Goehring out as an Asst with the Whioux. Schlossman has been busy today.
Theres a WWII joke in there somewhere..
I do not see the connection.
Nerve wracking game even with no interest in the outcome. Just glad the goal was clean and not a blown call that led to a goal (which almost was earlier.)
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Penn state seems like they’re that team on a mission I like them in this one but now they’re probably gonna get blown out.😁
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Same here. And I didn't think they were all that impressive against Kato either.I didn’t think western was all that impressive in the regional game against umass. I think if our game had been officiated properly we could have beaten western on Saturday night and we would be here today. But we’ll never know, will we. #stillbitter
Did he sign yet? 🙂Bring us the Zeev!!!
I'm guessing he will stay in STL for the Hobey ceremony tomorrow and then fly out after he signs.
Yes - we ran into Wally and some of the Hobey crew and they said Zeev is staying and they are flying Leonard in and he has to leave right after to get wherever the caps are.
They were mostly good against Kato it’s just that Tracy stood on his head that game.Same here. And I didn't think they were all that impressive against Kato either.I didn’t think western was all that impressive in the regional game against umass. I think if our game had been officiated properly we could have beaten western on Saturday night and we would be here today. But we’ll never know, will we. #stillbitter
Refs seem unwilling to give a PP. Let’s see if that holds throughout or if both teams really start hooking and grabbing.
BU typical all bark and bite type of hockey after the whistle. They like the extracurricular activities and trying to be tough. Get tough back and they'll back down.
Penn State in trouble...can't out skate BU and doesn't play the physical defensive game to stop them
Penn State reminds me of past Gopher teams who weren’t quite ready to make the jump to the elite level. Too hesitant, too set other own ways. Hopefully they can make an entertaining 3rd.
PSU looks every bit like the 4th best team in the B10 tonight
Oh they let PSU's goalie get equipment fixed. Now I am mad again
Shocking that Penn St didn’t have to change goalies on the equipment malfunction. Refs were going to give them as long as they needed (as they should).
The Penn State goalie just had a quick equipment malfunction and needed to get it corrected. Refs gave him a couple of minutes to get it fixed. Hm, imagine that.
There’s not a single team in this Frozen Four that I think the Gophers couldn’t have beaten. But they’re there and we’re not and that’s hockey.
AgreedThere’s not a single team in this Frozen Four that I think the Gophers couldn’t have beaten. But they’re there and we’re not and that’s hockey.
We saw this today, guess they were wrong. 😂
See saw one also on the way to the arena. They updated the wording on that one. 🤣
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
The Penn State goalie just had a quick equipment malfunction and needed to get it corrected. Refs gave him a couple of minutes to get it fixed. Hm, imagine that.
He was at the bench for 45 seconds.
Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃
The Penn State goalie just had a quick equipment malfunction and needed to get it corrected. Refs gave him a couple of minutes to get it fixed. Hm, imagine that.
He was at the bench for 45 seconds.
Felt a lot longer than that inside the arena. Not that I had any issues with it, but the inconsistency is annoying. Gave the PSU fan next to us some crap about it.
The Penn State goalie just had a quick equipment malfunction and needed to get it corrected. Refs gave him a couple of minutes to get it fixed. Hm, imagine that.
He was at the bench for 45 seconds.
Felt a lot longer than that inside the arena. Not that I had any issues with it, but the inconsistency is annoying. Gave the PSU fan next to us some crap about it.
And in the 1st game the DU goalie's mask came off and he took forever to get ready to play again and the strap wasn't even broken.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Wow.
https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/1910697306757746716
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
The Penn State goalie just had a quick equipment malfunction and needed to get it corrected. Refs gave him a couple of minutes to get it fixed. Hm, imagine that.
He was at the bench for 45 seconds.
Felt a lot longer than that inside the arena. Not that I had any issues with it, but the inconsistency is annoying. Gave the PSU fan next to us some crap about it.
TV had a view of the bench when you can see Sergeev make it to the bench in the background. I started counting at the point. Then a crowd shot, then back to the bench showing Sergeev getting worked on. By the time he left the bench, it was 45 seconds. This obviously doesn't include the time to skate too and from the bench or the time just before when he realized he had an issue.
Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃
From now on, every time we see a goalie go to the bench with an equipment issue it will be like rubbing salt on a wound.
Fowler wins Richter. I'm sure Danny Myers is upset the Kato goalie didn't win...
Edit-- Puckato is on it.
https://twitter.com/puckato/status/1910821645344006577
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
I’m thinking if the visitors’ goalie at mariucci ever needs the equipment time the jeopardy theme music seems appropriate.😁
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Howard wins Hobey
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Fowler wins Richter. I'm sure Danny Myers is upset the Kato goalie didn't win...
Edit-- Puckato is on it.
Ryan Sandelin is pissed he didn’t win
Dan Myers has a brain injury right? Nobody could be that stupid.
Fowler wins Richter. I'm sure Danny Myers is upset the Kato goalie didn't win...
Edit-- Puckato is on it.
The Mav fans in the office knew that Tracy wouldn't win. Hobey McKay didn't win anything his junior year either. If Tracy puts up equal numbers next year it will be hard to vote against him. It's still a mystery though how you are the best college hockey player and not the best college hockey goalie. No big surprise though that the undersized non NHL prospect goalie is just an average goalie in the ECHL now. Give him a year and he will be in Europe.
I am the official Iowa Hawkeye football fan of GPL!
Wow that's a tough break for Western, he had it covered for a good second but credit to the forward who knocked the puck loose and scored.
Sitting in the Western corner. Their favorite word is Bitch. Ever chant ends with it.
Looking down from my High Horse
Morality Police
Not very objective
Wow that's a tough break for Western, he had it covered for a good second but credit to the forward who knocked the puck loose and scored.
Good call by the ref, it was never totally covered by the G
Sitting in the Western corner. Their favorite word is Bitch. Ever chant ends with it.
It is popular with the students. They use it at Mariucci for the Ski U Mah chant. Not a fan, but I’m old.
I think there are more gopher fans here than bu fans
Great crowd here. But heavily Western leaning.
Great crowd here. But heavily Western leaning.
I could do with less of them booing the kids on the big screen, but they have really shown up
@upnorthkid I mentioned that to the Western fans behind me. I guess they’re feeling their oats being at the big stage. Good for them. They’re all super positive abt their chances and not pessimistic like some fan bases.
Western stays hungry like this they’re gonna be a tough out tonight.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Great crowd here. But heavily Western leaning.
I could do with less of them booing the kids on the big screen, but they have really shown up
announcers mentioned it a few times it’s like a home game for them.
“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Wmu fan base rapidly progressing to und territory in dislikability



