2026 GPL NCAA Brack...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad


2026 GPL NCAA Bracket Challenge

49 Posts
20 Users
24 Reactions
1,159 Views
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 
[#509]

The GPL Bracket Challenge is LIVE!!!

There is a link up top in the header. Another in the NCAA menu as well. The tournament closes at 12:30pm on Thursday afternoon. More info is on the page on how to play. Here are how the points will be tallied. 

Points per Correct Pick: Reg. Semi: 1pt • Reg. Final: 2pts • FF Semi: 3pts • Champ: 4pts • Score Bonus: 3pts
Title Game Bonus: Correctly pick both teams in the Championship Game: 5pts
 

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Mar 22, 2026 3:20 pm
gopheritall reacted
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 

I will add the regional final times and TV once it is released.


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Mar 22, 2026 3:21 pm
Greyeagle reacted
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 

FYI... You will be able to view other brackets once the brackets close at 12:30pm on Thursday.


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Mar 22, 2026 4:42 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7553
Rep Pts: 12362
Post on old board: 35040
 

Well, I hope to be the person who just randomly throws poop on the wall and hope it sticks and wins. 😉 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sun. Mar 22, 2026 7:00 pm
Jûpe ♃ reacted
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 

20+ new users so far... Likely a lot of lurkers!

 

Don't be shy! Join the conversation!


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sun. Mar 22, 2026 7:32 pm
The Rube reacted
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Well, I hope to be the person who just randomly throws poop on the wall and hope it sticks and wins. 😉 

 

You rang?


the addams family horror tv GIF by absurdnoise

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Mon. Mar 23, 2026 9:47 am
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

I submitted a bracket which means I will be out of the running by Thursday afternoon.


 
Posted : Mon. Mar 23, 2026 1:07 pm
Greyeagle
(@greyeagle)
Mayasich Level Moderator Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 4780
Rep Pts: 13808
Post on old board: 21741
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

I submitted a bracket which means I will be out of the running by Thursday afternoon.

Your time zone or ours?  😆 

 

 


“When your best friend is the son of God, you get tired of losing every argument.”

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Posted : Mon. Mar 23, 2026 2:18 pm
The Rube reacted
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7553
Rep Pts: 12362
Post on old board: 35040
 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Mon. Mar 23, 2026 4:29 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

I submitted a bracket which means I will be out of the running by Thursday afternoon.

Your time zone or ours?  😆 

 

 


ian hecox fist shake GIF

 


 
Posted : Mon. Mar 23, 2026 6:22 pm
The Rube reacted
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 

I should have added a per game overtime bonus... I guess it will have to wait until next year.


frustrated college GIF

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Tue. Mar 24, 2026 8:37 am
jlofgren22
(@jlofgren22)
Rookie
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 2
Rep Pts: 2
 

Even though I love college hockey and enjoy filling out a bracket for the tourney, it feels a bit anticlimactic without being able to have one where the Gophs go all the way...


 
Posted : Tue. Mar 24, 2026 1:00 pm



Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 

Posted by: @jlofgren22
↑

Even though I love college hockey and enjoy filling out a bracket for the tourney, it feels a bit anticlimactic without being able to have one where the Gophs go all the way...

When 90% of us pick the Gophers.

 


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Tue. Mar 24, 2026 1:10 pm
jlofgren22 reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Posted by: @jlofgren22
↑

Even though I love college hockey and enjoy filling out a bracket for the tourney, it feels a bit anticlimactic without being able to have one where the Gophs go all the way...

When 90% of us pick the Gophers.

 

You say that like it's a bad thing. 😉 

 


 
Posted : Tue. Mar 24, 2026 2:15 pm
Jûpe ♃ reacted
Boats
(@boats)
Broten Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 807
Rep Pts: 3263
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Posted by: @jlofgren22
↑

Even though I love college hockey and enjoy filling out a bracket for the tourney, it feels a bit anticlimactic without being able to have one where the Gophs go all the way...

When 90% of us pick the Gophers.

 

 

I’m still trying to figure out how I can write Minnesota in

 


 
Posted : Tue. Mar 24, 2026 3:48 pm
Slap Shot, gopher6, Greyeagle and 2 people reacted
jlofgren22
(@jlofgren22)
Rookie
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 2
Rep Pts: 2
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Posted by: @jlofgren22
↑

Even though I love college hockey and enjoy filling out a bracket for the tourney, it feels a bit anticlimactic without being able to have one where the Gophs go all the way...

When 90% of us pick the Gophers.

 

I never said it was practical, but loyalty is always admirable 😉 

 


 
Posted : Tue. Mar 24, 2026 4:20 pm
gator
This user has been banned
(@gator)
 

Posted by: @jupiter
↑

Posted by: @jlofgren22
↑

Even though I love college hockey and enjoy filling out a bracket for the tourney, it feels a bit anticlimactic without being able to have one where the Gophs go all the way...

When 90% of us pick the Gophers.

 

I don’t recall feeling out a hockey bracket with the Gophers in it and not having the Gophers winning it all!!!

 


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 25, 2026 5:19 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Wow, a lot of new folks have signed up/come out of the woodwork lately!

I wish I could fill out two brackets - one for who I think will win, one for who I want to win.

I mostly picked who I think will win, but did have Merrimack as the surprise for a couple games…

I inadvertently ended up with Michigan and Michigan State in the final.  That would be great for the big ten, and probably a stellar game, but of course I would find it hard to actively cheer for either of them.  

ANYBODY but North Dakota tho.  I will temporarily be a fan of anyone in that tourney who plays the f’in hawks.  

Have the rest of the week off to take in all the games. Can’t wait!  


 
Posted : Wed. Mar 25, 2026 9:39 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7553
Rep Pts: 12362
Post on old board: 35040
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Wow, a lot of new folks have signed up/come out of the woodwork lately!

I wish I could fill out two brackets - one for who I think will win, one for who I want to win.

I mostly picked who I think will win, but did have Merrimack as the surprise for a couple games…

I inadvertently ended up with Michigan and Michigan State in the final.  That would be great for the big ten, and probably a stellar game, but of course I would find it hard to actively cheer for either of them.  

ANYBODY but North Dakota tho.  I will temporarily be a fan of anyone in that tourney who plays the f’in hawks.  

Have the rest of the week off to take in all the games. Can’t wait!  

If only there were a way to create another account.....

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Wed. Mar 25, 2026 10:24 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Wow, a lot of new folks have signed up/come out of the woodwork lately!

I wish I could fill out two brackets - one for who I think will win, one for who I want to win.

I mostly picked who I think will win, but did have Merrimack as the surprise for a couple games…

I inadvertently ended up with Michigan and Michigan State in the final.  That would be great for the big ten, and probably a stellar game, but of course I would find it hard to actively cheer for either of them.  

ANYBODY but North Dakota tho.  I will temporarily be a fan of anyone in that tourney who plays the f’in hawks.  

Have the rest of the week off to take in all the games. Can’t wait!  

If only there were a way to create another account.....

 

Who says I didn’t…🤔

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 1:17 am
The Rube reacted
Snowcool08
(@snowcool08)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 976
Rep Pts: 3000
Post on old board: 6069
 

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Wow, a lot of new folks have signed up/come out of the woodwork lately!

I wish I could fill out two brackets - one for who I think will win, one for who I want to win.

I mostly picked who I think will win, but did have Merrimack as the surprise for a couple games…

I inadvertently ended up with Michigan and Michigan State in the final.  That would be great for the big ten, and probably a stellar game, but of course I would find it hard to actively cheer for either of them.  

ANYBODY but North Dakota tho.  I will temporarily be a fan of anyone in that tourney who plays the f’in hawks.  

Have the rest of the week off to take in all the games. Can’t wait!  

I chose the bracket that would make me the most mad if it came true. If it works out, at least I would have the solace in knowing I got it right. I’ll be happy if it doesn’t work out. Call it an emotional hedge bracket. 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 10:33 am
Greyeagle reacted
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

215 entries seems like a healthy number.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 3:21 pm
Steve MN reacted
alignrock
(@alignrock)
Wooger Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 62
Rep Pts: 262
 

Congrats to the ONE person who got that score right. I thought for sure we could see a couple empty netters there as time wore on. 🙁


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 3:30 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

1st ENG screwed up my QU/Providence score bonus.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 6:47 pm



Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

My bracket is already toast. 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 7:12 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3573
Rep Pts: 9473
 

Posted by: @steve-mn
↑

1st ENG screwed up my QU/Providence score bonus.

Same. 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 7:27 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3573
Rep Pts: 9473
 

Well at least I had the goal differential right.


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 10:18 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

I submitted a bracket which means I will be out of the running by Thursday afternoon.

Your time zone or ours?  😆

I'm in good company 

bracket

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 11:02 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7553
Rep Pts: 12362
Post on old board: 35040
 

Hey, I have 3 pts, too! 

Oh. Didn't see the disclaimer: "GOOD" company. 😉 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 11:06 pm
Steve MN
(@steve-mn)
Mariucci Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 3331
Rep Pts: 7536
Post on old board: 10695
 

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

Posted by: @greyeagle
↑

Posted by: @slap-shot
↑

I submitted a bracket which means I will be out of the running by Thursday afternoon.

Your time zone or ours?  😆

I'm in good company 

-- attachment is not available --

 

We're right there.  We're in a 105-way tie for 55th place.

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 11:22 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7553
Rep Pts: 12362
Post on old board: 35040
 

I believe in this. I am just working my way to the top. 😉 

 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 11:31 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Episode 8 Abc GIF by The Bachelor

 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 11:43 pm
Slap Shot
(@slap-shot)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 4537
Rep Pts: 11431
Post on old board: 18942
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Hey, I have 3 pts, too! 

Oh. Didn't see the disclaimer: "GOOD" company. 😉 

I couldn't screen capture the entire list. 🤣 

 


 
Posted : Thu. Mar 26, 2026 11:52 pm
The Rube reacted
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1382
Rep Pts: 4102
 

Posted by: @the-rube
↑

Posted by: @cowgirl
↑

Wow, a lot of new folks have signed up/come out of the woodwork lately!

I wish I could fill out two brackets - one for who I think will win, one for who I want to win.

I mostly picked who I think will win, but did have Merrimack as the surprise for a couple games…

I inadvertently ended up with Michigan and Michigan State in the final.  That would be great for the big ten, and probably a stellar game, but of course I would find it hard to actively cheer for either of them.  

ANYBODY but North Dakota tho.  I will temporarily be a fan of anyone in that tourney who plays the f’in hawks.  

Have the rest of the week off to take in all the games. Can’t wait!  

If only there were a way to create another account.....

 

Another Bills fan? Yay😂

 


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 27, 2026 7:57 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3573
Rep Pts: 9473
 

Missing on scores is killing me. 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 27, 2026 8:16 pm
Jûpe ♃ reacted
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7553
Rep Pts: 12362
Post on old board: 35040
 

DEFINITELY helped me today. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Fri. Mar 27, 2026 8:30 pm



gopheritall
(@gopheritall)
Leopold Level Golden
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 573
Rep Pts: 1539
 

I can't thank @jupiter enough for putting this together! ❤️❤️


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 27, 2026 8:52 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 3769
Rep Pts: 11792
Post on old board: 10120
 

Count To 5 Five Fingers GIF

I’m still sucking at this game. 


 
Posted : Fri. Mar 27, 2026 11:30 pm
sterfry9
(@sterfry9)
Lucia Level
Joined: 20 years ago
Posts: 29
Rep Pts: 78
 

hey guys was looking for some help, i work overnights and sleep during the day. is there a site out there that has video highlights of the games?


 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 3:08 am
camo coat guy
(@camo-coat-guy)
Brooks Level
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1382
Rep Pts: 4102
 

I should’ve known better and picked Duluth, they tend to be tournament tough.


“Good pace, a lot of north and south, or it could be east and west, I’m not sure but either way…” Wooger
Pohlad baseball ⚾️ it’s not arrogance, we really are “that good” #”Hey Siri, play “faithfully” by Journey max volume”

 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 7:03 am
Goldy77
(@goldy77)
Bonin Level
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 458
Rep Pts: 1075
 

Posted by: @sterfry9
↑

hey guys was looking for some help, i work overnights and sleep during the day. is there a site out there that has video highlights of the games?

Youtube

 


 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 8:09 am
streaky gopher
(@streakygopher)
Brooks Level Golden
Joined: 22 years ago
Posts: 1521
Rep Pts: 4696
Post on old board: 15478
 

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy
↑

I should’ve known better and picked Duluth, they tend to be tournament tough.

Duluth and Denver have that in common. The Gophers, on the other hand, commonly underperform in the tournament and lose to teams they should beat. 

I felt that the Maine team in 2002 played better than Minnesota. That might be the last time I can remember that Minnesota gutted it out against a better team ( They also beat a good Michigan team in the semis that year and again in 2003.)

 

 


 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 11:03 am
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 

46% of the brackets...


explosion GIF

Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 7:01 pm
Karlsson
(@karlsson)
Mariucci Level
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3573
Rep Pts: 9473
 

46% of us forgot that choking isn’t just a thing Minnesota does. 


 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 7:08 pm
The Rube
(@the-rube)
Mayasich Level Golden
Joined: 21 years ago
Posts: 7553
Rep Pts: 12362
Post on old board: 35040
 

Yep. 


When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the United States you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 7:41 pm
dberg
(@dberg)
Wooger Level
Joined: 4 years ago
Posts: 95
Rep Pts: 213
 

Was at the Badger-Michigan State game today...so not sure how many brackets are blown now from that outcome.  But the Badgers totally outplayed them that final 10 minutes even though they were down 2 at that point.  Spartans went into shell mode the whole 3rd period and we all know how that turns out.  Badges scored two quickies with 6 minutes to go and tied it up.  Nearly won it in regulation too.  But OT was quick and decided things outright.

Wish it were the Gophers. 🙁


 
Posted : Sat. Mar 28, 2026 7:44 pm
Jûpe ♃
(@jupiter)
Brooks Level Admin
Joined: 23 years ago
Posts: 2067
Rep Pts: 7438
Post on old board: 15786
Topic starter
 

FYI.... @jrubo is the winner. I completely forgot about updating this.


Do not like how this board is run?
Get your own board!
♃

 
Posted : Fri. Apr 17, 2026 9:13 am
YoungEagle
(@youngeagle)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 802
Rep Pts: 2228
 

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy
↑

I should’ve known better and picked Duluth, they tend to be tournament tough.

 

I don't think Sandelin has ever lost in the regional semi finals. Pretty amazing considering how random this tournament can be.

 


'29, '40, '74, '76, '79, '02, & '03
GPL's Resident Cabin Enthusiast & Cadets Hockey Fan

 
Posted : Fri. Apr 17, 2026 12:31 pm



Norm
 Norm
(@norm)
Broten Level Golden
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 1382
Rep Pts: 3422
 

Posted by: @youngeagle
↑

Posted by: @camo-coat-guy
↑

I should’ve known better and picked Duluth, they tend to be tournament tough.

 

I don't think Sandelin has ever lost in the regional semi finals. Pretty amazing considering how random this tournament can be.

 

I had Duluth in the title game. Where did that get me?

 


 
Posted : Fri. Apr 17, 2026 1:24 pm

Registered/Logged In users will not see this ad